main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Traveling Darth Vader

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Unfortunately, someone locked the original thread so I had to start a new one...

I think our turn is coming up soon. He'll be going to Toronto soon then to Buffalo, then to us. So we should start discussing where around town we want to take our picture with Vader.

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I think they get locked after they are inactive for a while. I wonder when we will receive it. I know it takes a while. I guess any Rochester land marks. It would be cool if we had it in December. We could take it to the liberty pole when its slit up. We could take it to the House of Guitars. I am sure they have a Star Wars guitar or two to take a picture with perhaps. We were going to do that for the Insider Road Trip but it never happened.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    If all goes well we should have Vader in the mid to late January time frame. It would be ideal if we could get him in time to take our photos then pass him off to Syracuse at the Regional Dinner (currently planned for Jan 30th). So start posting your thoughts here on what Rochester places we want to take his photo near.

So far we have:
    Liberty Pole (although I don't think it'll still be lit once we get him)
    House of Guitars

I was thinking about our water station spot where we could hold Vader up and have the the Wings of Progress visible behind him.

~Doc_Bev

4. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Sounds good. A land mark type of thing like that would be good.

5. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I think In front Of Kodak would be cool Maybe down by the Ferry If it's still around but definatly outside the ferry building where it reads Port Of Rochester on the side that would be way cool. Some other places Manhattan Square Park, High Falls, Frontier field, In the new courtyard at Eastview Mall maybe on the thruway infront of a Rochester Exit Sign. Then on 490 out by victor (on a clear day) where you can see Downtown in the backround. Do like a whole progression thing, coming into town & around town & then leaving town.

6. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I suggest maybe the theatre where you'll all be lining up for EIII for one photo...

*the Canadian trespasser slips away again*...

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Oh yeah I forgot about Kodak and George Eastman stuff. What ever makes Rochester what it is I guess is good.

8. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Jeff,
    Does that mean we should take a picture of the Vader eating at Nick Tahou's then waiting in the unemployement line?

TD-027

9. Darth_Hepaticus

Darth_Hepaticus Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    "Jeff,
    Does that mean we should take a picture of the Vader eating at Nick Tahou's then waiting in the unemployement line?"

Man, that is about as Dark Side as it gets........;-)

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Yeah... I guess so

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It looks like the current Vader Tour pic site is down. I've PM's Boston's CR to see if there's a different site. I'll let you know what I hear back.

I think these are all good ideas for pics. I think Wesley would appreciate us bringing Vader by for a visit and a photo as well.

~Doc_Bev

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Depending on where, Wesley may be able to go to a photo site maybe.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It looks like Toronto is planning on handing Vader off to Buffalo tomorrow, so we should have him in 3-ish weeks.

Darren and I have something out in Buffalo we wanted to do, so (if no one from Buffalo was heading out this way or unless we pick an inbetween spot to meet) I think we could probably arrange to do the pick-up/hand-off of Vader.

Once we know for sure when we're getting Vader then we can get a poll going of what will be the best day for the most amount of people to get in on the photo shoot.

T_StarFlyer, could you sort of map out your progression idea? So that we have stop A, stop B, etc in an certain order so that we can drive around town in one big loop instead of criss-crossing all over the place. Do you know what I mean? You know I'm terrible with directions especially in the city.

The current picture site, www.vaderworldtour.tk is still down. The Boston CR said she would contact the webmaster and see what was up.

~Doc_Bev

14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Hmmmmm I'll have to actually give this some thought on what the best route would be....... I'll post later

15. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
  16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    BobaChris has just informed me that they have Vader and will be shooting photos this weekend.

17. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Hey guys...just wanted to pop by and mention that the Vader site seems to be down a lot, but not all the time. We're looking into it, but if you find that it's down, just try again later. Sorry about that. :)

Looks like you'll be getting Vader soon! Hope you guys have fun. :D

18. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    In case no one has read this or knows....

Vader Guidelines

1) Keep in touch with Syracuse, the next stop on the tour, about Vader's departure. Make sure you know who you're sending it to and that all the address information is correct. Keep them apprised of your group's progress so they have adequate time to plan for him.

2) You have 2 weeks from the date of Vader's arrival. If you have any problems with this, please let me know!

3) There will be 1 disposable camera in the box with Vader. Please take 2 pictures with it, and send it on to the next group. Feel free to take as many pictures of your own too, of course.

4) Please post in one of the Vader threads (the CR one, the Boston one, or the FF Comms one) when Vader is on his way to Syracuse. Also please send me pictures via whichever manner you find easiest. We'll choose a few for our website.

I'm keeping an eye on your Vader tour thread in case any questions pop up...anyone can post there or just PM me if needed. I'm happy to help.

19. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    So, what are our Vader plans? *Nick Tahou, then the unemployment line*- Duane, it's sooo true about our "sunny city". What other places are there? And if we really do go to Tahou, does that mean we all get a plate?!! I'm all for that. We could get pics downtown near the Genesee River (or we could skip it, and give Vader a Genny, but I think the dark lord of the sith might be displeased...) Do we have a rough plan for this?

20. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    We should make a list: Here is what I think would be cool!

1) Nick Tahou's
    2) Kodak Office
    3) Fast Ferry
    4) Genesee River / The Dinosour
    5) Highland / Lilac Area
    6) Frontier Field

We could carpool around with Vader in Tow it would be a fun day!

Duane

21. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    Tahou and Dinosaur on the same day- It'd better be a looong day, LOL. I'm in for carpooling around. I think that would be a ton of fun.

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sounds good to me.

I think the Buffalo folks are all done getting their photos and we're just working out whether I'm picking it up on Saturday or if they're mailing it.

I'm assuming the weekend would be better for the most people to participate. If we get Vader in time for the 16th meeting maybe we can do all the photos then too? If not, we're also free the 22nd, 29th or 30th (if there's not Regional dinner) but not the 23rd as that's WinterFest. What day(s) look good for others?

~Doc_Bev

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Ummmmmmm I think I can help here I'm working & staying in Buffalo Tonight & thursday night . Nicky maybe you can get whoever has it to leave it for me at my hotel The Hampton Inn in West Seneca on Ridge road I'm here tonight & thursday night. Maybe they can leave it for me at the front desk (maybe in an envelope ) So i don't have to explain why someone is leaving a doll for me ? (i'm actually coming home for wed night because I have to work at the mall but checking back in thursday & staying thursday night)

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I sent a PM to the North Ridge's CR.
    I'll let you know what I hear back.

~Doc_Bev

25. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    NorthRidge is mailing it to me this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.