main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Traveling Darth Vader

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, that's a shame. It's too bad we never get to meet up with our neighbor groups.

Well, at least Vader is on his way. We should probably decide on a date sooner than later for when we want to give Vader the grand tour of the city.

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I got a notice from UPS today. They will be delivering it tomorrow.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK!
    So people who are interested in participating in this - how many are available this weekend for photos?

~Doc_Bev

4. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'm in for Saturday, and Possibly Sunday

Duane

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Vader is here. I was not aware that it was the original 12". COOL!! I am good for either day. Hopefully its not too nasty out. We have to figure out where we are going and in what order specifically. Would it be possible to meet at MCH and then go back there? We should meet somewhere and take a couple cars.

6. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    i'm actually off both days, well kind of, i have to go to syracuse sunday night for work, oh & don't forget winter fest this weekend too

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Nope, we didn't forget WinterFest. We talked about it a little at the meeting, but I forgot to mention it in my post. Usually we're done with WinterFest in the early afternoon, so we'd still have the evening free. That said however, Saturday would be better if we wanted to make sure to get photos in the daylight.

~Doc_Bev

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    We need to figure out a time we may be coming around MCH to take a picture there so I can tell Wes. Where was it that we wanted to take a picture of Vader at?

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    My suggestion would be to meet at MCH around 11am-11:30am. While we're there we can take a group photo with Wes. Then we can work out exactly where we want to go with Vader. Maybe making the first stop Tahoe's as by the time we get to our first stop it'll probably be close to lunch time.

If we run out of time or if we think of another place we want a photo, we'll still have Vader through the 29th and can take more photos between now and then. Since the Regional Dinner in Syracuse is a go - my plan is to be dropping him off to SCJ on the 30th.

~Doc_Bev

10. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    Saturday I'm out of town. If we could do Sunday, that would be cooler for me.

11. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    That would work out good, meet at MVH. Earlier the better for me. I do not need to be around for the Vader only pictures that any wants to take. Get the group stuff done on Sat. and what ever else. MCH and a couple other places. Hope its not to horrible out.

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Just called Wes and he will be expectng us between 11 and 11:30.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    BlueRoommate - it looks like due to WinterFest on Sunday that Saturday is more free for a bunch of us. If you want to come to WinterFest with us, maybe we could take some more Vader pictures there?

~Doc_Bev

14. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Yeah, you guys should do that. Pictures at winter fest.

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As the snow isn't supposed to start in our area until mid-day tomorrow I think we're still safe to meet at 11am at the Monroe Community Hospital Cafeteria. We can do the group shot(s) and then decide from there what else we want to try to do based on the weather.

~Doc_Bev

16. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Yea I'm still up for it, Darsolo's not feeling all that great so she's iffy, see you at 11.

17. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Sorry guys. I cant get car started. To cold I guess. Someone can pick up Vader if you want. Call me 334-0215

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, due to the weather all we managed to get was the group shot. Are people interested in getting together again to take some more shots? If so, when? Next Saturday? Or some week night(s)?

We have Vader with us at the moment and are still planning on taking him to WinterFest tomorrow morning.

~Doc_Bev

19. BlueRoommate

Nov 1, 2002
    I'm pretty free, and I can most likely schedule around most other schedules this week. I have a friend moving out of town, and if I get a chance to hang out with him, that's the top priority, but other than that, I have no solid plans whatsoever (other than drooling over Major Shepherd on Atlantis Friday night.... Oh my goodness, I have no life!) So, just keep me posted, and I'll do what I can!

20. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Did we have a plan for getting together this week? I know its tough weeknights but, if we can get a list of people together maybe we can make it work.

I can do..

Wednesday Night & Saturday Night.

I think the Fanforce party is Sunday right? So that leaves that day out. What about everyone else??

Duane

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    We're free:

tonight
    Wednesday night
    Thursday night
    and all day Saturday

We do have the Groundhog Festival at Greece Canal Park pencilled in for 11am-3pm Saturday, but we can easily skip that for Vader pictures.

We did take a couple pics of Vader at WinterFest, but they're on our 35mm (didn't want to risk bringing the digial cam out in the frigid weather) so it'll be a bit before I could post them.

~Doc_Bev
    & -KnightShade-

22. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Actually, I'm free all day Saturday as well.

Tuesday - Visiting Dad Kelsey in Hosp.
    Thurs. - Bowling (BAH!)
    Friday - Dinner with Dad.

Wednesday - Free
    Saturday - Free
    Sunday - Free in Morning

Duane

23. BlueRoommate

Nov 1, 2002
    sooo.... any ideas when we're going to take pics of the mini dark lord?

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I think there was a list of places further up in the thread... If I remember correctly it was:

in front of Kodak building
    near the Fast Ferry and/or Port of Rochester sign
    near Frontier Field sign
    Nick Tahou's
    Genesee River / The Dinosaur
    Highland / Lilac Area
    (not in necessarily in that order)

It looks like at this rate we're shooting for Saturday. Where we actually go will probably be determined by the people participating (which so far looks like Darren and Myself, Duane and BlueRoommate) and the weather.

~Doc_Bev

25. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    There is a good chance I will be free in the afternoon on Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.