main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Traveling Soldier (A/T viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zara_Rose, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    After much deliberation, I have decided to return to the arena of fanfiction. I realize that it has been some time since I've posted anything here, but I hope you enjoy it.

I do not own Star Wars; I?m just playing in the galaxy. The song "Traveling Soldier" is performed by the Dixie Chicks*. This songfic picks up after Star by Star, which I?ve quoted a few times, and reflects my views of what could happen.

TRAVELING SOLDIER

I - I cried
    Never gonna hold the hand of another guy
    Too young for him they told her
    Waitin' for the love of the traveling soldier

Eight years. Eight long years. Eight long years of wondering, hoping, waiting. But he never did come back. Sighing heavily, Tahiri placed the holo on her desk in the ship?s cabin. She missed him terribly, thought about him daily, but had somehow managed to move on. Life continued, and she could either keep up with it, or be sucked down into the abysmal recesses of her own mind?s devices.

Our love will never end
    Waitin' for the soldier to come back again

After the Yuuzhan Vong War, as it had come to be known, officially ended, Tahiri had taken a leave of absence from the Jedi. It had only been two years since Anakin?s death, and Tahiri found herself to be alone and in need of guidance. She revisited the world on which they?d first met: Yavin IV. It was on that world that Tahiri and Anakin had followed their dreams, and had found one another. The planet had changed since that time, so many years before. The Yuuzhan Vong had viciously raped Yavin IV, destroying the wildlife and exotic plants. But from the scattered ashes of the once-majestic Massassi trees, new life was peeking through. It was there that Tahiri had found her peace.

Though the Galactic Alliance had chosen Mon Calamari to serve as its center for government?and the Jedi had subsequently set up the Council there?Tahiri chose the solitary life of a hermit for the six years following the devastating war. Yavin IV?s temple ruins and ancient caves provided her with a location for reflection as she debated the future. Master Ikrit had once told her that she and Anakin would be stronger together than apart. But Anakin was dead. Tahiri pondered this idea, wondering how it could still be relevant.

Voices from the past spoke to her, whispering their secrets in the cover of darkness. She stretched up to kiss Anakin on the lips?then caught herself and shook her head. ?No?for that, you have to come back.? He?d told her soon, but that was the last time she?d ever spoken to him. Later, Jacen had told her Anakin?s last thoughts: Kiss Tahiri for me. But Jacen hadn?t done so. In the quiet darkness of the gas giant?s night cycle, Tahiri realized that there was a chance that Anakin was still coming back. Tahiri spent six years on Yavin IV, listening to the call of the Force. Wondering. Hoping. Waiting. But he never came.

Nevermore to be alone
    When the letters said the soldier's comin' home

Eight long years after Anakin?s death, Tahiri finally decided to leave Yavin IV. She didn?t know where she would go from there, but felt that it was necessary for her to move on once more. As she put the holo of the two of them on her desk, Tahiri felt a strange stirring in the innermost recesses of her heart. She thought she?d finally managed to lock away those emotions, a painful reminder of all that she had lost. But the Force was adamant in bringing them to the surface. The heartache Tahiri had experienced after the Myrkr mission flooded her consciousness. She staggered outside, hoping for a breath of fresh air, falling to her knees just past the ship?s ramp.

As she gasped for breath, a most wondrous feeling enveloped her. Love that was pure, untainted, and solely for her surrounded Tahiri. She found that breathing became easier once more. Looking around to see what had caused it, Tahiri finally noticed the man standing near her ship. His signature in the Force was unmistakable, though she could not bel

2. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    that was a great viggie, but i think tahiri would have socked him a good one before kissing him, but it was well written, great work

3. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    Wow, forceaddict, that was fast! Thanks!

4. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    hey, i am bored and i say a a/t viggie, and since it was by a a/t fan that i knew i though i would read it write away

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    ZR That was amazing. I am glad Tahiri got to be happy. That is a beautiful song, sad but beautiful.

I am glad you decided to start posting again.

:D

Can't wait for the viggies!

6. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
  7. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I agree with you about the Dixie Chicks but I do like that song.

Good job. I enjoyed your story.

lordmaul13

8. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    Wow! Beautifully written, Zara_Rose!

What happened with the Dixie Chicks?

9. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    They forgot that the majority of country music fans supported the president and said something like "they were ashamed to be from the same state as George Bush." Needless to say it left most of their fan base quite upset.

lordmaul13

10. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    That was beautiful!!!!A very nice piece of writing!!!!!!!!!!

nina

11. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    ?Hey, I said ?Soon.? Is it my fault if we operate on different timetables?? :D

Great viggie, Zara! Every fic I read about Anakin coming back boosts my hopes that he will the NJO.

12. Rogue_Even

Rogue_Even Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    [face_love] Awww!! This is such a sweet fic, Zara_Rose! I'm glad you gave them a happy ending. I love it. :D

13. Zara_Rose

Jun 23, 2002
    Well, forceaddict, I'm glad you did! Thanks! Spread the word that it's here if you'd like.

TKL! Hi, glad you liked it! I, too, want for them to be happy. New viggie series will up shortly. I'll make sure you get the link.

The_Hooded_One, I take it you liked? ;) I'm glad!

lordmaul13, it is a good song. Glad you liked the viggie.

Satine! My fellow ATF-er! Happy to hear that you enjoyed it. Read lordmaul13's post to find out about the Dixie Chicks.

Jedi_jainafel, I'm glad you enjoyed my writing. Look for more things by me in the future.

[shameless_plug] Or... you can check out my bio which has links to all the fiction I've posted here thus far [/shameless_plug]

Lonewolf89, good to see you again. Glad you enjoyed it! I hope he does come back, but it looks like it might only happen in fanfic nowadays.

Rogue_Even, it makes me happy to know you found it sweet. That's what I was going for. Sometimes, I like happy endings. They're rare from me, but I do like them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.