main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Traveling Vader Roadtrip Head Count - 12/14/02 - 12/15/02 ***Most Recent Thread***

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Since we are planning to take pictures with Vader at a lot of Long Island attractions some of us will be going on a "road trip." Without stopping at other attractions it takes 2 to 3 hours to get to Montauk. Because of the amount of traveling we will be staying overnight somewhere around Montauk Point. The next day we will meet up with those people who are not participating in the road trip and take the official Vader photo then. In addition to the still photographs that will be taken our very own City Rep will be filming a mockumentary about the trip.

I need to know how many people are DEFINITELY participating in this event by noon on Wednesday, December 3rd, so I can look for hotel rooms and figure out transportation (e.g., renting a car). If you cannot participate in the road trip you are still able to join us in the official DB 516 photo with Vader at Montauk Point. This trip is open to anyone so you can bring a friend if you want.

I've started to look at hotel prices. For 3 rooms with 2 people in them without a waterfront room at one hotel and the price is $109 (plus tax). Each person would have to pay $54.50 (plus tax).

Since this would be going on somebody's credit card, if you say you can attend then you decide you cannot attend less than 24 hours in advance you will be responsible for the cost of the room plus your share of the car rental fee. We will require a downpayment of half of the cost in advance. This downpayment will go towards your final "bill." The "bill" will include the cost of the hotel room (plus tax), your share of the rental car fee (plus tax), and anything that might occur on the way (e.g., gas money).

E.g.:
    Downpayment - 27.25
    "Bill" - 54.50
    Money owed on the day of the trip - 29.75
    54.50 - 27.25 = 27.25

****Note****
    The example is NOT the final cost. The final cost is dependent on the headcount which is why I need to know who is attending by 12/3/02 at 12:00 PM.

2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Oh, I made a mistake. The price listed is for a waterfront room.

3. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    Well, I'm going on the road trip now. If the date doesn't change again. :)

4. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    nope, we've got vader so it'll a definate :)

5. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Hey guys,sorry I haven't posted in awhile,been sick.You can count me in. :)

6. ORION-DA-FUZZY

ORION-DA-FUZZY Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2002
    SORRY I COULDNT POST BY NOON IM AT SCHOOL AND HAD TO FINISH. DONT HAVE MONEY FOR HOTEL BUT MAY BE ABLE TO MEET YOU GUYS THERE JUST GIVE MEE A LOCATION AND A TIME. SORRY FRO THE SPELLING ERRORS BUT I GOT TO RUSH. SEE YA LATER
    CAT- SITH JEDI

7. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Website updated! :)

Thanks for all your help in making the Darth Vader World Tour a success! :)

8. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Anytime Guys, and Thank you for allowing us to participtate.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.