main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Traveling Vader Roadtrip Head Count - Date is tentatively 11/16/02 - 11/17/02

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Since we are planning to take pictures with Vader at a lot of Long Island attractions some of us will be going on a "road trip." Without stopping at other attractions it takes 2 to 3 hours to get to Montauk. Because of the amount of traveling we will be staying overnight somewhere around Montauk Point. The next day we will meet up with those people who are not participating in the road trip and take the official Vader photo then. In addition to the still photographs that will be taken our very own City Rep will be filming a mockumentary about the trip. ;)

I need to know how many people are DEFIANTLY participating in this event ASAP so I can look for hotel rooms and figure out transportation (e.g., renting a car). If you cannot participate in the road trip you are still able to join us in the official DB 516 photo with Vader at Montauk Point. This trip is open to anyone so you can bring a friend if you want.

I've started to look at hotel prices. For 3 rooms with 2 people in them without a waterfront room at one hotel and the price is $119 (plus tax). Each person would have to pay $59.50 (plus tax).

Since this would be going on somebody's credit card, if you say you can attend then you decide you cannot attend less than 24 hours in advance you will be responsible for the cost of the room plus your share of the car rental fee. We will require a downpayment of half of the cost in advance. This downpayment will go towards your final "bill." The "bill" will include the cost of the hotel room (plus tax), your share of the rental car fee (plus tax), and anything that might occur on the way (e.g., gas money).

E.g.:
    Downpayment - 29.75
    "Bill" - 59.50
    Money owed on the day of the trip - 29.75
    59.50 - 29.75 = 29.75

****Note****
    The example is NOT the final cost. The final cost is dependent on the headcount which is why I need to know who is attending ASAP.

2. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    If it is indeed that weekend, it will be just me going. And since Billy will have the car, I'll be going on the road trip with the rest of you. :)

Triss

3. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    You can also include Jay & me.

4. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    There has been a change of date...
    Boston has NOT sent out Traveling Vader yet. They are planning to send it out Monday. As soon as I find out more information I will post it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.