main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Traveling Vader

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    how about instead of making dicisions about the tour without asking me first, I get PM'd or asked in this thread right here?

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Sorry Roy, I wasn't aware that you wanted or needed to be consulted about such things. I mean, it was a simple decision to make based on the current state of that FanForce, and I think Chris made the right decision. Chris has been very good about posting tour updates, including this change to the tour schedule. However, if you don't want him making a decision like that about the tour schedule in the future without consulting you first, that's fine. No one was trying to keep you out of the loop here. The Vader tour is not an easy thing to run, and Chris was just trying to do what was best for everyone.

3. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    umm, hello? Of course I'd like to know where he's at and what's going on with him!! Wouldn't you if your favorite childhood toy was touring North America? I would hope so!

And if you recall, I specificlly asked you to inform Chris that if any questions,concerns, or trouble arose to get in touch with me. Did that slip your mind?

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    In case any one else was wondering, my response to Roy's post has been made privately. In the future Chris will let Roy know before he changes the schedule.

I will be revealing the new website by the end of the month. I'm hoping by then that the participating chapters will be able to get back to me with pictures and captions.

5. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Got the PM starwarschick14 . . . thanks. :)

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    You're welcome! :)

By the way, a little story from San Diego that I haven't had a chance to post about until now. I wore my Vader tour t-shirt at the show on Friday and got a ton of compliments on it. There are now many more people knowledgable about the tour. :) The most fun I had explaining the tour was when Peter Mayhew's wife complimtented me on my shirt. Both of them loved the tour idea and loved the artwork. When the website is done, I plan on emailing them a link so that they can see all the places Vader has been. :)

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Another announcement about the tour: we will no longer be using the Vader artwork in any way in connection with the Vader Tour. It will be removed from the new website and no more prints will be given to chapters. I will be announcing this in the other two Vader threads as well. To all particpating chapters: please remove this artwork from any website or other medium associated with the tour. Thanks. :)

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Just to let you know I will be picking Vader up on Monday from UPS. I guess the driver couldn't find my house yesterday.

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    That driver should be fired!!!
    Or be made to apologize to Vader themself.

(Choke...gasp....* body falls lifeless*)

Vader: "Apology accepted UPS driver" :p

10. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    :( So close yet so far from home :_|

You will take care of him? Won't you? [face_worried]

11. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Vader will be leaving Pittsburgh and heading to Detroit soon. :)

12. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Well Scooby_Wan_Kenobi the Detroit CR has announced that he has received word that Vader has in fact shipped out and he will be arriving there soon.

13. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
  14. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    New Vader Tour site coming soon.

If any new pics have been collected could whoever has them please send them my way.

For a preview you can go here:

http://www.vaderworldtour.tk/

15. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Cool, thanks for the link. The website looks neat.

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Looks good! Thanks for taking on the task. :)

17. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Love the look of the site with that spiffy new logo!

18. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Thanks guys :)

Dex~ which logo do you mean? The Vader banner or the Rebels one at the bottom?

19. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    The Rebels one :)

20. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    yeah, I'm happy with it too. When making it I kept remembering someone (wasn't it you?) saying that a logo with some kind of Boston history in it would be cool. Paul Revere weildling a lightsaber seemed logical. ;)

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yep that was me. Yoda in a powdered wig would still be hilarious, hehe. I was sad to see the Tea Party Museum has been closed until further notice.
    Of course, I don't get down there often so who knows how long it's been closed...

22. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    lol, that would be funny. I may just have to give that one a try ;)

I didnt know about the museum either. But then again I never go there :p

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The new site does look great! Very good work.

The museum has been closed for a while now (at least 3-4 months). If the museum is where I think it is, there's a lot of work being done to the bridge next to it right now.

24. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I have no answer on where Vader is ?because I can?t get an answer from the person who I had Vader sent to.

Unfortunately I cannot physically get Vader form one chapter and bring him to the next.
    But maybe I should of?.to quiet the critics

I was asked to have Vader sent to Rox in Pittsburgh instead of the CR there.

This however was a mistake.
    Seeing Vader is still somewhere in Pittsburgh . He has been missing for weeks now.

I have made attempt to contact Rox but he doesn?t log on to check the PMs I was under the belief he was being sent out and was told by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi in Detroit that he received word from Rox that he was going to receive Vader soon?.that was many several weeks ago.
    I assumed all was well because I never heard that Vader wasn?t received?also my mistake.

So I feel I should resign my position.

I feel responsible for being too trusting and I will not allow myself to be in that type of position anymore.

If you have a problem with what I said about anything?.too bad, then take it up with me I didn?t mention your name.

If anyone would like to address this situation with me please PM me and I will reply to you.

Thanks,
    Chris

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Everyone please be patient while we try to figure out where Vader is. I am now in charge of the tour again so please direct any comments or concerns about it to me. Chris did a great job and I'm very thankful he was able to take charge of the tour for at least a little while.

It's always been a risk during the tour that Vader could get lost in the mail, but we're really hoping this isn't the case. Pittsburgh's CR is working with Rox (who he is able to contact off the boards, thankfully) to figure out what happened to Vader after he was shipped. I will post here as soon as I get any updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.