main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Traveling Vader

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Pellaeon69187, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Chris, I personally wanna thank you fot the time and effort you put into this. We all knew from the start that it was gonna be tough to keep him on schedule.

I dont know whats going on.But, I would appreciate a PM to fill me in.

2. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

The reason Rox (aka: Terry) has been MIA from the boards for the past month or so is because his computer got busted and therefore hasn't been able to log onto the boards and/or check and reply to PMs.

My only method of contact has been his cell phone, which for a while last month was out of service. Fortunately, that seems to have changed and I am now able to communicate with him over the phone. (Whew!)

We did receive verbal confirmation a while ago from Terry that he had sent Vader out to Scooby_Wan at the address that was PM'd to me, but I gave him a call last night to see if he could hook me up with a tracking number for the Vader package in the hope that it would hold the key to figuring out where Vader might be at the moment. He didn't have it right then, but said he'd give me a call back with the number later. I'm expecting that message to arrive tonite.

Anyway, as soon as I get that number and check on the status of the package I'll report in and let everyone know what's up. I'm hoping that nothing bad has happened and that it's just some kind of simple delay or something. I'd feel especially bad if this worldwide tour were to go afoul during my watch, and I will strive to ensure that it does not go down like that.

Sorry for all the problems,
    Yours Truly

3. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Thanks, much appreciated.

4. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Terry and I are now officially playing "phone tag."

I'll let you know when I win.

Not a fan of the game,
    Yours Truly

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks for the update...hope you win that game soon. ;)

BTW, regarding your sig...
    "Ahhh... mercury. The tastiest of all transition metals." -- Some Whale, SeaLab 2021

That's the exact part where I turned on that show last night! Quality stuff. :)

6. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Tag!

He's it.

Sighs,
    Yours Truly

P.S. I'm on a business trip to Harrisburg all day tomorrow, so I won't be around the boards. If I ever get a call with info, I'll be sure to pass it along when I get back.

7. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

News... Blessed news, at long last...

Here's the thing: I have good news and I have bad news...

Which do you want to hear first?

GOOD NEWS
    We now know exactly where Vader is. Well, techincally, I know where Vader is.

Now,
    THE BAD NEWS
    Shipment was somehow rejected and it got returned to its point of origin. AKA: Pittsburgh. More specifically: Terry's parents house.

Okay, now we all now know exactly where Vader is.

So... phew... yeah... Vader ain't lost in the mail, thankfully. I'd also like to apologize profusely for all the delays. It's been a little stressful being the middle-man in all this since I wasn't the Local Vader-Handler, and the guy who has him has no computer, but we'll get the darn thing to Detroit yet.

I feel especially bad that friendships were hurt and members felt compelled to quit their stations as a result of this mess, but what's done is done. Hopefully this time the lines of communication will remain open and wide until there's been official verification of Vader's arrival in Detroit, so that everyone involved knows exactly what's up at any given moment. I've tried to keep everyone up to date with things, but life has been busy recently. I'm sure you guys can understand.

So... Vader = beloved childhood toy = not lost = good = :)

I'm going to re-verify the address for the Detroit CR before we ship again to ensure we have the right address, so that the Sith Lord can find his proper place in Michigan. I've already contacted the CR, and just need to hear back from him. After that, away Vader will go, and hopefully this time he'll find his way there.

EDIT: Detroit address verified and passed onto Vader Handler. He will ship Friday unless there's an Act of God. I will make it a point to get a tracking number immediately upon shipping.

Breathes a sigh of relief,
    Yours Truly

8. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I love you! Thank you! :D

Sorry for the over-enthusiastic reaction there, but I'm seriously so relieved to hear the news. Thank you so much for figuring all this stuff out. Please post again in one of the Vader threads (there's yours, ours, FF Comms, and the CR one - I check all of them so I don't care where you post it, since I can repost the news in the rest) when you ship Vader for the second time. I'll be in touch with Detroit so that we all know when he finally arrives. :)

And yes, it is unfortunate that this mess has resulted in some less than happy things, but you're right. What's done is done. I'm very torn up over recent events but what's important is that we recover and move forward as a group. Vader's safe and the tour is progressing once again. Let's all try to smile (harder for some than for others, I know) and move on.

9. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Let's all try to smile
    :)

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Vader sounds good. I can personally promise to get you a photo from Los Angeles, San Diego, and Orange County... California. If, someone takes a photo in front of Boston Beer Works or Copperfields. ;)

11. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that Vader is finally, finally, finally officially on his way once more. UPS tracking number has been sent to four different people (your CR included) so that we can all keep tabs on things so that the tour doesn't get bogged down again.

I'd again like to personally apologize for all the delays and bad feelings that have come as a result of this situation, but now at least it appears that the tour can once again properly resume.

*huge sigh of relief*

Sorry for all the trouble,
    Yours Truly

12. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Well at least he is on his way again! :)

13. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    Greetings from Detroit! We had a blasty good time with Darth. I hope you don't mind we put him in some new attire for the photos. ;)

The costumers in the pics are my recent bride Lavagrrrl as the Princess, myself as the Stormie, and fellow 501st members TI-5925 and TI-866. The rest are R2-Detroit FanForce or Michigan Squad 501st members. Here is our pictures:

Vader in Detoit

If you would like to see our wedding pics that include a Yoda ice sculpture and R2 in black tie, here they are:

Wedding

14. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Nice Pictures! *Great ice Yoda and R2D2* :)

15. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I wonder if you Detroit people are taking Vader to the Lions game tomorrow. [face_laugh]

16. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    If you're making fun of the Lions, then go ahead and laugh it up fuzzball! Three of us are going to the game and we would have taken Vader. Sadly, we only had him for a week thanks to the mixup with Pittsburgh. I was planning on wearing my LionsTrooper for the 1st time to the game, but we're having a blizzard right now. Troopin' in snow in no fun.

17. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    BT

Making fun of the Lions was not my intent. I just found the thought of Vader being in Detroit at that time of year to be amusing. :D

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Just wanted to update you guys on Vader...currently he's stuck somewhere between Detroit and London, ON. Customs is probably (hopefully) responsible for the delay. He was shipped on the 17th of November. Hopefully he'll show up in Canada soon. :)

19. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    *GRUMBLE* Darn Customs *GRUMBLE* Well, what can we say, hopefully Darth will get to our northern neighbors soon. :)

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    He arrived yesterday, finally. And the postal service has the nerve to impose additional customs charges after delaying him for so long. :mad: Grr...

But, at least we know where he is. :)

21. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Here's an update... I plan to drive Vader over the border Thursday (Dec 30th) to Buffalo from Toronto... With maybe a pause in YJN to slip in a pic?...

I know they're not on the official tour list... but they apparently didn't know about it to begin with, and they are on the way for me... So no delays...

PM soon if that's a bad idea... but It couldn't hurt...

22. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    No, it's not a bad idea. :) As long as Vader gets to Buffalo on time, you can share him with any other FanForce you want. We encourage that so groups that didn't sign up get a chance to participate, since we can't add any more to the list officially.

23. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Just be quick about it. This damn tour has taken too long as it is.

24. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    They're actually ahead of schedule, thankfully. They technically are allowed to keep Vader until 1/9, but he'll be in Buffalo (the next stop) tomorrow. :)

25. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Actually, I must appologize.
    I meant that to be funny, guess it didnt come off that way.
    (note to self, remember smilies ;) )
    Guess i shouldnt post while half asleep [face_blush]

But as for being on schedule, the entire tour has been behind schedule for about a year now [face_laugh] .

But who's counting? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.