main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Traveling...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ImperialJedi, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I've left Larena's Cafe, but I'll be back in the OFF forum in a few days. Tomorrow, Jan. 3rd, I'll be leaving early to return to school. I'll drive an hour and a half to PDX, then I'll be a couple hours early for my flight. My flight will be taking off around 11:30am PST and then I'll switch flights superfast in Chicago around 5:15pm EST for another flight that leaves around 6pm EST. This one will bring me all the way down to Savannah, Georgia around 9pm and I'll probably be in my dorm sometime after 10pm EST. At that point I'll have to unpack the stuff I'll need for class the next day.

So, in brief, I won't be able to post until at least Jan. 4th. I'll still be a regular here even though I'm in Savannah.

I can't believe I'll be in class the day after next, not to mention on the other side of the country. Good news is I have an awesome roommate now.

See everyone later! :)

Yours, IJedi

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    yay! Good luck! I hope you have fun. What are you majoring in?

3. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanx Larena! My major is Film and Televsion and my minor is Museum Studies.

As for my flight, it sucked. There was a big computer crash and my bags got left in Chicago. I haven't gotten them back yet, but I'm hopeing to get them tomorrow.

-IJedi

4. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Hey IJedi,

Out of curisoity ,where are you going to school?

-Kyle

5. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hi Kyle! I'm going to the Savannah College of Art and Design. I had Color Theory this morning and tonight I have Intro to Video. Yesterday I had Survey of Western Art II. Then we get Fridays off! yay!

I still haven't gotten my luggage. Maybe later this afternoon, there's suppose to be 500 delayed bags getting shipped down here from the Washington and Chicago airports. I'm not the only student missing their luggage.

-IJedi

6. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Oh no, the greatly feared loss of baggage fiasco. :eek:

Once upon a time I lost a guitar to the mysterious ways of the baggage system, somewhere between my departure from PDX, transfer at SEA, then departure to ANC. That was a long time ago, and to this day I miss it, wondering what songs have strummed its untuned strings in all these years.

Ah well, hopefully everything will be in order and your baggage shall all be in order. Good luck with the Spring Term! [face_dancing]

7. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Cuh-rayZEE! I went to SCAD too! I graduated with a BFA in Video Production... I really loved Intro to Video. I even won an award that year... :D

The first class of my first quarter of my first year was Intro to Psychology at NINE IN THE MORNING!!! I didn't....uhhh...do so well in that class.

Just curious (I graduated in '96 so it's been a while since I attended), but who's your Color Theory teacher? I actually just visited Savannah with my wife because my Mom & Dad live in Hilton Head right now. And we had problems going through Chicago too - lost a bag somewhere along the line! FYI - if the airport says they'll call you, we went as we were "passing by" and decided to check it out. Sure enough our bag had arrived...but nobody called us! :mad:

Anyway, that's cool about the SCAD connection...

-Kyle

8. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow, an alumni! I have a cute British woman for color theory. Her name is Stephani Joseph. I think it will be a good class except that the paints cost me $110 alone. Did you stay in the dorms?

My roommate and I have been calling the airlines and the Package Center at SCAD relentlessly. I got my suitcase this night, 3 days after I arrived. I have another bag that's suppose to be delivered soon, but at least I know they aren't totally gone. I have clothes now, I'm so happy!

Thanx for everyone's support. I've never had so much trouble when flying before and it's been kinda stressful these last few days. ttyl :)

-IJedi

9. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I stayed in a dorm on Barnard st my first year (I went by it on Xmas eve and it doesn't look like it's still run by SCAD) - most of my friends were in O-House. After my first year, I got an apartment with a friend on Jones & Drayton St. Then I moved into another friend's apartment around the corner from there (on Taylor), then moved into a place next to the park on Waldburg. After that I moved to the "South side" into one of the apartment communities. Savannah holds a lot of memories in my four years there.

My color theory teacher was Steve Knudsen (at least I think that was is name). I was just curious if he was still doing it ten years later.

Good to hear that you got one of your bags back.

-Kyle

10. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I think I nearly squealed when I read your last post, but that's not something I would do. Coach Steve is one of my coaches on our crew team! He mainly coaches the novices, so I got to work with him a few days before they sent me to the varsity coaches. I think he does some painting classes now and his wife also teaches some too. lol

-IJedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.