main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Travellers to NYC next year

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Happy Ninja, Jun 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I was just wondering, since my friend and I are hoping to join the line in NYC next year, we will have to flying in from cloudy old England, however one thing sticks out in our mind. Accomodation.

What do you think would be the best course of action, arrive a couple of days before the start of the line, and stay in a hotel, or arrive first day of the line, and go straight in?

Personally, I'd like to go straight to the line, but then I would miss out on a couple of days worth of sight seeing.

Oh, two morwe questions? Can you pitch tents on the sidewalk, and where did you guys shower/wash your clothes? (that's really for the people that were there in 1999)

Can we bring tents?

2. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    The best advice I have for now, is to keep checking back at www.nyline2002.com As Ep2 gets closer they will have info on what Over seas fans could do to join the Line up.

3. asax

asax Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    Well my opinion is that once you get to the line, you won't want to leave...
    But I suppose SOME people will want to go to the bathroom or some junk. Pheh, die-hards my arse;) Unfortunately the area around the theater is pretty ritzy, a hotel there would cost a pretty penny. However, there are some youth hostels tucked away in the city. Again, as MS so eloquently put it, the nyline2002 site will eventually have a city guide that should be of help. It might even be the one I wrote in '99 and NEVER got posted on the site, not that I hold a grudge or anything, heheheh....

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    That seems to be MysterySith's answer to EVERTHING!

When do we line line up?

"Checkout www.nyline2002.com"

What should I bring?

When do we get the tickets?

What is the capital of New Zealand?

What is Pi x 2.56?

:D

He's like a robot! LOL!

Still, he's a good guy!

5. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    All details are being worked out, all answer will be here in time, we still have just under 11 months to go, pleanty of time for people to make plans to come to NYC.

When do we line line up?
    Either the last weekend in April or First weekend in May

What should I bring?
    Yourself is all you really need, other than that whatever you feel you may need.

When do we get the tickets?
    Depending on when you line up, you may get them when they go on sale(up to you) or if things go like last time Day before opening

What is the capital of New Zealand?
    {b]Don't know, Don't are[/b] :)
    What is Pi x 2.56?
    see above answer

All above answers are subject to change since nothing has been finalized

Once again keep checking back at www.nyline2002.com

:)

EDIT: No Tents were alowed, NYPD would not allow it. We are in the middle of a busy NYC street block.

6. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    To save some money on hotels try Priceline .com if you have a credit card. I have used them many times and have yet to be disappointed. I also have alwasy saved at least half of the going hotel rate. the tirck to priceline is call several hotels in the area and ask the room rate for the dates you are staying and the availabilty, then make your bid for half of that price and choose a one star hotel as your choice. I have ALWAYS gotten upgrades. If your first bid does not get accepted, just increase it by 10 or 15 dollars. they allow several attempts. Also you could always look to the 'dreaded' New Jersey for accomodations that are often much less in taxes alone. If you stay in North Bergen or Secaucus you are minutes from new york & have 24/7 access to NYC via bus and sometimes trains and you can save quite a bit.

7. nycdexter

nycdexter Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2001
    Wellington

Approximately 8.04247719319

Always glad to be of service!

8. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

9. nycdexter

nycdexter Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2001
    Next time don't ply me with liquor beforehand and I might be able to answer that. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.