main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Travels with Yoda - FINALLY getting to So Cal!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jdijade, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    Kim from the Santa Cruz FF started a thread on their board with a great idea I've seen done many times over the years. Several other FF groups have picked it up and I think it'd be a fun idea for us, too!

Basically, she's got one of those interactive Yoda toys that she wants to send on a cross-country tour, passed from one FF group to another. Photos of him in various locations is a must, of course. (Pharoah's, with the pyramid/sphinx as a backdrop, would be a natural.) [face_laugh]

Here's the thread:
    Travels with Yoda Thread

2. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    I have seen this floating around other boards. Sounds way fun.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We tried doing Vader's tour. The problem is there's nothing in the IE to take pictures of.

4. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Yeah there are, there are the orange groves, pharoahs, the dinosaurs...................

5. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    The Lemons trees at the Claremont Colleges are a nice back drop. We also have the mountains in the background.

6. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Great ideas! I'll mention it over on Kim's board. With the tons of great locations we have out here I'm sure we can show our little green friend a great time! muWahahaha. [face_mischief]

7. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    most definatley

8. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Okay, the Santa Cruz CR posted that Yoda can definitely come and play in IE's backyard during his tour! I've got several location ideas and I know Anita posted some good ones too, but I'm not sure if we want to list them all here on the boards or whether it'd be more fun to leave some a surprise. :D

That dinosaur idea's a must. If you read the SC thread you'll find this Yoda is unique in that it's been frozen into a permanently shocked expression...a shot of that face looking up at the dino would be hilarious! [face_idea]

9. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Ok, definatly the dino's that is my home town

10. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Hope this gets going and works out well for the IE. I myself am kicking off a very similar tour for BOTB doing the "Freedom Rang" where we will be sending out a Batarang around the world to different costumers promoting fellowship and goodwill amongst fans, and that is kicking off from IE.

11. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    That sounds so fun.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh come on, Yoda's gotta go to Castle Park. :p ;)

13. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    He's got to see more than that.

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    If Santa's Village hadn't burned down, I'd say that too. ;)

Oh man, I am so excited about this. We just got fanforces in Canada AND France to sign on. This is gonna be awesome. :D

15. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Hey I ahve some other locations that sound fun, I'll keep the lid on them for now.

16. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    Wait a minute...does this mean there isn't gonna be a Christmas Tauntaun?

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Anita, could you PM them to me? I'm gonna be getting the little tyke from Kim, so it'd be nice to know where we're gonna be driving to. :p

Also, as it looks right now, we're going to be the first group to get him (don't y'all feel special). ;) One of the UK members will be at Con, so I'm handing Yoda off to him after Con to take back over the pond. :)

18. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Yeah rather than posting all the secret places here we should put a list together at the meeting. Since it's right after ComicCon anyway.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda's going to already be in British hands by the time of the meeting. :p

20. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    Wow, thats a shame he will be here and gone before anyone will have a chance to participate. No biggie, we can either have Kim bring him around again on his return trip after he's been to some interesting places or better yet, we can start one of our own. Just in thinking about all the cool signatures and adventures this can create I think I will get us one going for the IE group to participate in that I will kick off at SD Comicon and start it off with the signatures of the actors present...luckily I know a few of them and usually go drinking with em once a year...and see about having our IE item meet them on thier signing tours as well as visit other groups in its travels.And after SD Comicon we can keep it a round a while so our group can all take part before sending it off.I will start hunting thru goodies for something really cool and kitschy.

21. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Whenever it is that we get Yoda, there are some cool places to take him in teh IE.

22. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Big Bear has some fun spots?

23. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    What rubber Yoda WOULDN'T want to visit Big Bear? Thats where Sara Connors mom lived! (Terminator reference...watch the movie)

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Well, is there a day before Comic Con that we can get together and drive around for photos? If we pick a date soon enough, I can have Kim send him down ASAP so we can go hit up all the spots in the IE. :)

25. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    with all we have going on already we should wait for yoda to come when he is reday. That way we have more time to plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.