main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Travels with Yoda - FINALLY getting to So Cal!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jdijade, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Anyday would work for me Rachel....since i dont work. and before Con sounds great to me!

2. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    My schedules pretty backed up with pre comicon work and events so I think at least for myself I am gonna schedule a time with the little green guy after he has seen some travels. It will be interesting that way to see where he has been and what he has done.

3. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    How long do we get to have him?

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Each fanforce has 2 weeks with him.

Hey, here's a thought!

If getting together before Con would be too hectic, we could always plan to get Yoda when the rest of CA does. This'll be in the fall/early winter of this year. So if you guys would rather get Yoda around then instead of trying to do it within the next few weeks, let me know! :)

5. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    Later sounds great! =D= Fall is apple season up at Oak Glen, too, so photo ops there would abound. Plus, if every group is supposed to get two whole weeks we'd be getting shorted now anyway as we don't even have him yet and the UK handoff is at ComicCon--less than two weeks away now.

Besides, with these things it's always fun to see where the item's already been, and by then it should be quite the tale!

HEY, another thought...if we've gotten far enough with Amy's fan film by then, I think he should make a cameo appearance! [face_laugh]

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    All righty then. I'll schedule us so that we get him after San Diego (no postage! yay!) and then either I or someone else can hand him off to Orange County or Los Angeles. :)

7. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Sounds good. From the bottom of the list to almost the top! So many groups are participating the bottom folks won't get him for, what, like two years? :eek:

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Not 2 years. :p

More like... 15 months. [face_laugh] :p

Though it looks like we'll be getting him... well, so far a rough pattern goes thus:

UK/London
    to France
    to Germany
    to Singapore
    to Australia/Japan?? (depending on if they sign up)
    to San Diego
    to IE.

So figure 3-4 months.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Err..

make that

UK/London
    to France
    to Germany
    to Singapore
    to Japan (maybe)
    to Queensland, Australia
    to Southern Australia
    to Hawaii
    to San Diego
    to IE.

:p

5 months. Yeah. ;)

10. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    WOW that Oak Glen idea was great!!! I should have thought about that since I used to work at Rileys Log Cabin! That would be a great place to get some beautiful pics!!

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oh, the Apple place?? Oh man, I love the civil war reenactments up there! :D

If we want to venture south, the Temecula vineyards are beautiful. :D We could even put Yoda in a hot air balloon!

12. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    While Yoda is at SDCC this year he NEEDS to take a pic at Dicks Last Resort!

13. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    So five months starting in August, right? That means he'd be ours after the holidays. That gives us plenty of time to plan some neat things, maybe even find him somewhere to make a Snow Yoda!

Meanwhile, Mike and I were talking about how cool it would be to do a short film with Yoda during his time here. I mean, what visit to southern California would be complete without a chance to be a film star?! Whether Amy wants him to a cameo in her fan film, it would be funny to do a short feature, perhaps a Mr. Bill type thing, about "How to Properly Care For Your Interactive Travel Yoda," or just a funny video postcard a'la "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah."

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL!!! [face_laugh]

By this weekend I'll be able to give you a better estimate of when Yoda will be here. More Australian fanforces have joined in, so it'll be pushed back further. But never fear, we will get him eventually. :D

15. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    YAY for YODA!!!!

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda's Travel Itinerary!

London, England
    Central England
    Wales
    France
    Germany
    Malyasia
    Singapore
    Western Australia
    Southern Australia
    New South Wales, Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    Oahu, Hawaii
    San Diego, California
    Inland Empire, California
    Orange County, California
    Los Angeles, California
    San Francisco, California
    Sacramento, California
    Spokane, Washington
    Twin Cities, Minnesota
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Cleveland, Ohio
    London, Ontario - Canada
    Toronto, Ontario - Canada
    Halton Region, Ontario - Canada
    Niagara, Ontario - Canada
    Buffalo, New York
    Rochester, New York
    New York City, New York
    New Jersey
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Washington DC
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Macon, Georgia
    Alabama Syndicate
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Arkansas
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Chile
    Southern New Mexico, New Mexico
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Southern Colorado, Colorado
    Denver, Colorado
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Provo, Utah
    Tucson, Arizona
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Southern Nevada, Nevada
    HOME!!

My best guestimate as to when Yoda will be here is late Feb. of 2006.

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Bit of a news update: Yoda had fun at Comic Con. I posted pictures up on the planning thread in the Santa Cruz forum.

Also, since I get to head back to school and will be in school during the time Yoda's supposed to be here, I'm gonna need one of you to step up and become the IE's contact person. :)

All it requires is that Yoda will be shipped to you/driven to you (depending on what San Diego's CP is going to do), then you just take care of Yoda and ensure he gets either shipped to/handed off to the Orange County CP within 2 weeks.

So, whoever wants to step up, could you PM me name, address, phone number, and email address? Thanks a bunch!

18. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Since my understanding is Yoda won't be with us until February we've got plenty of time to figure out who will be his official IE travel concierge. heh.

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda is in England!!

I am leaving for New Zealand tomorrow, so please direct ALL questions to Master-Kenobi until I get back.

Also, on the issue of The logbook:

A binder is being sent around with Yoda to help record his journeys. Each group will be allowed ONE PAGE to fill up/decorate to your hearts' desires. We ask that only one picture be put on it, as the rest can be uploaded to the website (which is going through SERIOUS technical difficulties at the moment and may not be up as soon as we'd like).

A sample page can be seen HERE.

You will have a place to put a picture, a small tag to indicate the date and other information, a small pocket to hold things, and a space at the bottom to describe his adventure.

We ask that each group PLEASE only uses one page, as we only have enough for one page per group. Also, please do not include any plants or food on the page, since we don't want customs confiscating the book and breathing down our neck about it. :p

Thanks again!

20. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Go Yoda Go Yoda Go!

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Bit of an update:

For starters, Yoda's more than 3 months behind. He arrived in London, and the contact person promptly fell of the face of the planet for 3 months. We finally found both him and Yoda, and sent Yoda on his way. The tour went smoothly, until Wales tried to send him to France before Christmas. Due to an error with the French post office, Yoda was shipped back to Wales. We're currently preparing to send him back to France. So the tour is progressing.. just not very quickly. :p

The website is almost finished. However, our webmisstress' computer crashed, so it will take a little bit before we can finish it. There are several text mistakes on the website (for instance, she listed Canada as being part of the USA [face_laugh] ), but other than that, it is nearly there! I will let you know when it is finished. :D

Thank you for your patience! :D

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Wow, they vanished for three months, that sucks. Glad they tracked him down though.

Cheers for the update!

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    What's the ETA for him in the IE?

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Eh... it'll be 2 weeks after San Diego gets him? [face_whistling]

With the way the tour's going, I honestly am trying not to time anything anymore. We're TRYING to ensure that he gets to one of the So. Cal groups in time for either C4 or Comic Con 2007, so next summer is the best estimate that I can give. :)

25. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Cannae beleive the mail lost him! Fingers crossed he shows up soon.

:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.