main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Travels with Yoda

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Jul 1, 2005.

1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Just in case you guys don't know they are going to be doing a "Travels with Yoda" - where they are sending out a Yoda figure around the world to different Fan Forces and you take pictures and then send him on his way.

Don't want you guys to miss out - Here is our thread on it!

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Since SWJaggy signed you guys up...

Hello Southern New Mexico!

Welcome to Yoda's World Tour!! We're very eager to have you onboard. :)

Some quick news:

1) The planning thread on the Santa Cruz board is Here, for quick reference.

2) We are putting a cap on joining the tour. The last day to join is next Friday, July 8th. (You guys barely squeaked in. If any of the other Fanforces in your area wish to join, let them know quick!) ;)

3) Each fanforce will have 2 weeks with Yoda. The 2 weeks will start the day Yoda arrives. We ask that in those 2 weeks you take photos of him in "touristy, famous, or just plain cool" locations, and that he is shipped to the next Fanforce before the 2 weeks are up. We will be sending a logbook around with Yoda. The layout of the book has not been completely decided, yet once we know, you'll know. ;)

4) And lastly, I am going to need a contact person. Someone in the group who will take full responsibility of Yoda and ensure that he is properly shipped off (and will also send the shipping number to either myself or Master--Kenobi, so we can keep track of him.

IF I DO NOT HAVE A CONTACT PERSON BY THE TIME THE TOUR BEGINS, I AM SORRY TO SAY WE SHALL HAVE TO REMOVE YOU FROM THE TOUR. :(

What I need from the contact person:
    Name, home adress, email, and phone number. No, I'm not going to sell it online. :p Only two people will have a list of contacts: myself and Master--Kenobi. We need your adresses for shipping, email address to say "Hey, he's on his way, hey he's stuck in a blizzard, etc..", and the phone number will be a "just in case."

Please have your appointed contact person PM me with this information.

Thank you all and we're very eager to begin the tour!! :D

3. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Hmm, Jaggy signed us up for this?

Well, I'll be the contact person for this, if need be. I'll PM you.

4. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    add this to the list of things to talk about at the next meeting.

5. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    This was sudden. Interesting concept, a traveling Yoda. Still sort of short-notice though eh?

6. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    This kind of reminds me of that traveling garden gnome that was stolen from someone's yard and then traveled around the world taking pictures, and then the people sent the owner's the pictures of where their gnome had been. Anyways....

7. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Like in Amelie? :p

8. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I've seriously got to work on that (one of my worst habits). Should've asked for permission Jaina Byrd; sorry about that. I just thought it would be something fun to do (plus the deadline was this coming Friday; didn't want to pass on an opportunity).

(Note: If it's any conselation; not to cover my six or anything; But I'm sure you all remember the teen years and doing spontanious (sp?) things without asking permission first, this was me doing that. I appologize again)

9. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    No, no, don't worry about it. Just had to worry about organizing things. The deadline was yesterday, and I'm glad you caught it. :)

10. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Cool. That took a different direction than I expected. I thought I'd get yelled at or something.

11. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    The last thing we need as a new FF is to have little conflicts. I also am not an angry person in general. Really, don't worry about it. ;)

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Okay then I won't. I do appreciate it.

13. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    If Yoda does make his way down there - you gotta send him to Chope's - holding a "Stuff IT" bumper sticker. :)

14. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Yes, we need to discuss where to take him. I'm thinking White Sands and the Space Center and the World's Smallest IMAX here in Alamo. I also think, if we could manage it, it would be SO cool to get a picture of him with a Stealth over at the Air Force Base! (Although this is not likely.)

For Las Cruces, we could take him to one of several Mexican food places, maybe Nopalito's (my personal favorite). And Aggie Memorial Stadium!

OMG What if we took him to the Carlsbad Caverns!? That would be so cool.

15. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Those sound like some cool ideas. Love the space meuseum idea.

If possible I know a great place we could take him in El Paso. We could take him to Chico's Tacos!

I don't know if you know this but what makes EP a little unique is that there is no Chico's Tacos in any other parts of the US except here.

16. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I thought a long time about were to take him in El Paso. I came to the conclusion that there is no cool place to take him, there is nothing to do here.

17. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Yes, we all know about Chico's Taco's. :D That would be a fine ( [face_laugh] ) establishment to take Yoda. ;)

18. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
  19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    If it's any help, it looks like you guys won't be getting Yoda until next year anyways. He's taking the Europe/Asia/Oceania route first. :D

20. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Oh, okay. Well I guess we don't have to start planning just yet.

21. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    We would have to get a picture of Yoda holding a chile pepper! I know a habinaro going "I am strong with the force, but not that strong!" [face_laugh] Yes, I am a nerd! I wonder how far Hatch is? That's supposed to be chile central around here.

22. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Not a habanero! That's not even our greatest chile. It's all about plain ol' green chile from Hatch! MMMMMMM!!!!

23. gneiss_jedi

gneiss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    OMG! Yoda at Chico's Tacos would rock my world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I could so hook up with a picture with a T38. I might be able to hook up a Stealth or a German Tornado. Those would take some effort. With the T38s I could probably be able to get everyone in the picture with it. The other two it I wouldn't be able to get anyone else in.

25. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    A T38 would be AWESOME! You have plenty of time to hook us up. :D