Travels with Yoda

Discussion in 'Snohomish County, WA' started by RebelMom, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I stumbled across this today. I've chatted with Miana and if we want to be involved we can be. There would be a shipping charge involved depending on where Yoda goes after he gets to us. He's stuck somewhere between England and France at the moment.
    I think it would be fun.

http://boards.theforce.net/Santa_Cruz,_CA/b10693/20317084/p1
    http://boards.theforce.net/pacific_regional_discussion/b10049/20494039/p1/?0
    http://www.travelswithyoda.com
  2. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    You guys are indeed most welcome to join. :D

If you decide to join, you would be getting him after Spokane, then you would be sending him to Victoria, BC. :)
  3. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL!
    We could get together and try to see what crazy travel pictures to take with Yoda! =D=
  4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    I say we take him to the bar on the Space Needle Observation Deck and get him drunk on appletini?s; a green drink for our little green friend!
  5. Geezerette50 Jedi Knight

star 1
    heh heh heh

I like your appletini idea; however, one has to wonder, since our own speech can get slurred and word choice kinda iffy when inebriated, what Yoda would sound like under the influence. Would his sentences come out with proper English syntax??

And, if his inhibitions were, shall we say, thrown to the winds, would he be likely to dance atop the needle much as a regular person would dance on a bartable?
  6. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]
    Perhaps he could visit something lower to the ground....
    the sci-fi museum?
  7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    We would definately have to take him to the SFM!!! Do they have any full size figures of Yoda in the museum? It would be fun to take a picture of him next to that if they do

It sounds like a few of us are definately interested in this, should we officially sign up?
  8. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't remember any Yoda's inside. However, there is a picture of Yoda on the front of the SFM.

I think we should sign up for it! The photo possibilities are endless as well as highly hilarious!
  9. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Sweet as. :D

So, here's what I need:

I need a contact person who will be responsible for Yoda during his 2 week trip to your Fanforce. This includes informing me of when he arrives, supplying me with pictures that are taken, then ensuring that he is sent on to the next location. I do want to stress that I need someone who will not flake on this, seeing as we've been burned by London, England, and now Wales.

Whoever volunteers/gets appointed to have Yoda, please PM me with the following information:

Name (full for shipping)
    Address to which Yoda will be shipped to
    Email
    Phone number.

The above information will not be publically seen. The only people who see it will be myself, Kim (Master--Kenobi), and the contact person who has Yoda before you. The phone number is for "just-in-case," which we've sadly had to use when contact people disappear off the face of the planet (or, if I know you, blackmail ;) ).

It's great to have you all on board.

The website (in my sig) will be updated soon. There will always be a little lag in the website updates, since I live on a college campus and there's a pesky firewall that I cannot penetrate to connect to the server. [face_frustrated] So, I cannot guarantee that it will be completely up to date (until this summer when I'm back on my own internet). :D
  10. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    I say YES!

Suggest that Cate (Cliodna_ben_Lhee) be the contact person as parcels tend to go missing on occasion if sent to my apartment complex.

But I have a great place to take him!!

He'll visit a Rescued Horse!
  11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Should I go ahead and PM Miana w/ my info then?
  12. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
  13. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.