JCC [Trbute thread] Cat Companion: We had 18 great years

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valairy Scot, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    With my photoshop (not) skills, the "red eye" becomes blatantly fake-colored. (Tips are welcome. BTW, I had Elements 6 and Lightroom - the latter I don't know much about yet.)
  2. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    I got my first cat back in 2005, thanks to the encouragement of JediYvette.

Since then, I've left that first cat (and my first pet ever) with my mom and dad after I moved out. Now my fiancee and I have three cats (a hefty 20-pounder, a scrawny hyperactive manx, and a tiny female--Oogie Boogie, Starvin' Marvin, and Molly respectively) and a giant golden retriever/german shepard mix.

That said, since I've been so late to jump on the pet wagon, I have yet to endure the pain of losing one.

I honestly can't even imagine that. People in my life have died (acquaintances and friends, various relatives), but (and perhaps this is bad of me, who knows) I fear none of those have prepared me for enduring the loss of a constant companion. Pets are just so innocent with the love they give you, imo. They can't express their feelings with words, but the struggle to understand each other's physical cues, I think, adds to the intricacy of the special relationship they build with you.

My most sincere condolences for that relationship suddenly ending.
    Last edited by Valyn, Nov 4, 2012
    MrZAP likes this.
  3. obimom Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    How's you new kitty, Val. Is she settling in ok?