main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Treasure Beyond Measure

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: A Treasure Beyond measure
    Author: Jade Eyes
    Genre: One-shot, not an AU
    Characters: Luke/Mara
    Timeframe: Post Union
    Summary: Mara?s reflections during her honeymoon trip--she's basking in the wonder of it all. [face_dancing]
    Disclaimer: Not geting a thing but a good melt.
    A/N: Loving dedication to my fellow L&M lovers?ginchy and Vadey in particular. :D For all the melty moments you've given me. [face_love]

I awaken before Luke does, which is a marvel since I?m not a morning person to say the least. I cannot fathom what woke me. Then I realize what it must be. I cannot wait to start this day. This resort is lovely. The suite has a sunken whirlpool tub that?s very roomy, which comes in quite handy. The living area sports a fireplace, which is quite romantic, given the cool crisp evenings. It?s a little nippy to walk the beach, but the moonlight is too much of a draw. There are multicolored stones along the shore of rainbow hues, and I sneaked a few when I figured Luke was not looking.

His tenderness is beyond description. His passion has awoken an answering one in me that I never imagined. During my years as the Emperor?s Hand, I often had to act the seductress even with the most idiotic or odious of marks. That is why I held off on going the distance amorously before our wedding night. I wanted the first time with Luke to be special, and, it was! Aurora borealis and shooting stars were like flickering candles in a cyclone by comparison.

But far beyond the physical joys, which are replete, the emotional completeness I feel is astonishing. I cannot believe how comfortable I feel with our bond, how I revel in it. To be so deeply known and loved is a treasure beyond measure.

I notice Luke noticing me. His expression is probably as enchanted as mine is. I would never admit to such sappiness with anyone else.

?Are you hungry?? I ask, because he wakes up hungry as a krayt dragon.

?Starved!? he replies. But instead of leaping out of bed and rushing to the kitchen, he reaches for me. I laugh as he pulls me near and gives me a smoldering kiss. His appetite for crepes and nausages is only surpassed by his ?appetite? for me, it appears. I am definitely not in the mood to complain.

End

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    :*[face_love]@};- Beautiful, lovely, tender, and sweet. I loved it! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

3. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    This is very lovely, Your Grace... very romantic. :) The whole mountain resort autumn evenings atmosphere was cozy.

I loved it. =D=

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    star -- thank you, tender and sweet was what I was aiming for.

piper -- thank you, I was imagining myself in such a setting and thought "Lands, that sounds wonderful and comfy." Add a soulmate and woohoo! [face_laugh]

Huggles!!! to you both!!!

5. TheSwordJainaSoloFel

TheSwordJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 3, 2008
    the emotional completeness I feel is astonishing. I cannot believe how comfortable I feel with our bond, how I revel in it. To be so deeply known and loved is a treasure beyond measure.
    Breath taking... Must. Not. Cry.
    Magnificent, truly magnificent. =D=

6. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Have no fear; I won't cry over mushiness.

I applaud your choice at 1st person with Mara Jade. That would be one strange trip inside that woman's head.

And interesting that they can see the Aurora borealis just as we can. Maybe it's not that far far away as we thought.

Excellent little moment here!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    tsjsf and madman007 -- thank you for your sweet sweet sweet reviews and I'm so glad you enjoyed!!

:D
    As to the first person POV, it's my favorite ;) And I couldn't resist doing that with Mara. [face_love]
    As to the auroras, I was using the phenomenon as a comparison -- I figure such phenomena would be common given the right conditions of planet to primary LOL

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A great way to start my day! =D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Vadey -- mush is the bestest and only way to start the day!!

:*

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    [face_love] [face_love]

Well thanks for that little pick-me-up gal! I am now officially ginchy-goo. ;) I like how Mara admits that she'd never be sappy with anyone but Luke--and would probably die before admiting that! LOL Very, very sweet--what a wonderful moment to capture!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ginchy -- oh thanks! I gooed ginchy [face_dancing] I've officially arrived [face_laugh] I love the thought of Mara just being sappy with Luke :D :D

[:D]

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Aww, that was sweet. :D Lovely look inside Mara's noggin.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Striker -- hello! :D Thanks for checking this out and I'm glad you enjoyed. :)

14. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Very tender moments between them. Very nice. :)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi Master Jen-- thank you for the kind words-- but erm, do you have to rub it in? About the Lakers I mean [face_laugh] I live in Orlando FL. [face_shhh] ;)

Hugs!!!!

16. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    [face_blush] Ohh, this was absolutely endoring!!!! :*
    I love how you show Mara's amazed confusion and how you let her for the first time on her life to allow herself some happiness, sappiness even. And with the short spotligth on Luke you show exactly why he's making this possible to her, finally!
    Loved it!![face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    kataja -- thanks [face_huge grin!]

Huggles!!!!!
    [face_dancing]

18. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    That was wonderfully beautiful. =D=

Soft. Sweet. Mushy without being unbelievable and sappy. I loved the realization you gave to Mara. Then I realize what it must be. I cannot wait to start this day. That was truly a nice character moment to write about. Of course, your style leant to that wonderfully. [face_love]

Brilliant job!!!

~MJ @};-

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira --
    [face_blush]

Thank you!!!!

Huggles!
    [face_dancing]

20. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Kriffing awesome my dear!

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, sab!!!!!!! Hello!!!!!! Thank you!!!
    :*
    !!!!

22. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Sweet and beautiful [face_love]

23. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    That was freaking awesome my dear! Loved the visuals you gave and the melty, melt melt. lol Woot!

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    JediFalcon & jadesabre75 -- thank you!! :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.