main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Treasured Indebtedness- Han finds a note from Luke

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by dancing_star, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Title: Treasured Indebtedness
    Characters: Han and Luke
    Summary: Han finds a letter from Luke.
    Timeframe: 4 years ABY
    Rating: G
    Disclaimer: Star Wars isn't mine. ;)

This is very short, but I probably will be adding a second part. It's an excerpt from my Han diary from the 2010 challenge.

I really take comments/reviews to heart so please let me know what you think! :)

This afternoon when I went to work on the [i]Falcon[/i], I found a note in the toolbox.

It was in an envelope with my name on it, written in the kid's handwriting. Inside was one of the sweetest things I've ever read -"sweet", I've long since gone sappy. Blame it on the kid and the princess 'cause listen to what he wrote:

[i]Han,

I just wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me, especially the past couple days. I know it'd only embarrass you if I thanked you in person and you'd tell me it was no big deal, but it is a big deal to me and I want you to know.

I don't know where to start really? How can you tell someone that they're your brother, your best friend? You saved my life, Han, and more than once. You look out for me, and take care of me, and just are there for me. I know I can always come to you. You seem to know how to make even the worst days better. There's no one I trust more than you.

I wish I could repay you for half of what you've done for me. Thanks for giving me advice, or just listening when I need someone to talk to. Thanks for helping me when I'm sick or patching me up when I've been hurt- you know as well as I do that happens all too often- (I'll try to be more careful!) Thanks for your shoulder, for drying all my tears, and for every comforting hug. You've pulled me through a lot of stuff I never could've gotten through alone.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. You mean the world to me Han. I love you.

Your brother-in-law,
    Luke[/i]

Blasted kid made me tear up. I stood there for a moment staring at the note through slightly blurred vision, determined not to get all sentimental, then carefully folded it back up and put in the envelope. I put in a safe place. It's one of the few things I treasure. Whether the kid knows it or not, he means the world to me too.

[hr]

Thanks for reading! [face_hugs] Reviews greatly appreciated. I plan to do a second part where Han writes back to Luke. :)

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... short but very sweet! [face_love]

I can't wait to see what Han has to say back! :)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Luke is a true sweetie. And he deserves the friends he wins. If they're one of a kind and wonderful, gotta consider the source LOL

It's wonderful Han has found persons who can bring out his marshmallowy side. :)

@};-

4. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    mavjade:
    Aww, thanks! [:D] I'm glad you're enjoying so far. :)

Jade_eyes:
    He is, isn't he? [face_love]:* And I totally agree about the friends. :) I love how Han is tough on the outside, but a gooey marshmallow on the inside. ;) Thanks!! [:D]@};-

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Awww, so cute! That sounds a lot like Luke- and I completely understand the emotion here.

6. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I meant to comment on this a while ago, it's so very sweet. I think you capture Han really well, in one of his rare sappy moments. I hope you do the second part, it would be great to see how Han replies.

7. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Aww. :) Short yes, but definitely sweet.

8. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Am reading yer diary this was from, love the letter. Would like more of diary soon, star. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.