main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~*~Treasurer/Keeper of the Credits~*~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darthsuperbatpooh, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    ok...i got 2 PM's for this position....

JediLarryB
    jedifan77

both of you will have today thru Monday to state why you will be best for the position...and to gather votes....on Sunday 8pm PST voting can begin. PM me with you vote (any votes before that time will not be counted). then on wednesday i will post the winner...since there are only a few members i will not post how many votes someone won by.
    THIS IS NOT a popularity contest, so please vote on knowledge and experience...we need to trust this person...so let the fun begin :)

and good luck to you both [face_peace]

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    JD77 has my vote. does my wife count as another or are we one vote total? i'm self appointing myself as the IEFF official photographer...lol:D if ofcourse nobody objects or challenges the position.

okay then, see ya on the 5th

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey, look at that. The bribes are paying off already!! [face_money_eyes]

HSF, I really appreciate the trust, but you might want to wait and hear what JediLarryB has to say. Who knows, he may make me look like I'm a total idiot (Not that I need any help doing that!!) Also, voting doesn't start until Monday and they need to be PMed to DarthSBP.

Yep, I'm the Mayberry Jedi. Somebody puts in a vote for me and I try to get them to wait to hear from the other guy. Not sure if that's being honest or slightly stupid?!?!?! [face_thinking]

It looks like we have our photographer!! If you can't make it to an event that I'm attending, I'll do my best to get pictures for you.

4. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    awh...how nice of you. see the bribes DO pay off..ha ha.

5. Darthmaul6

Darthmaul6 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2006
    Jedifan77 has my vote too! I wish you the best of luck!

6. arodofhoth

arodofhoth Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Jedifan77 has my vote too best of luck[face_good_luck]:p:)

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks for the votes guys. I do appreciate them. However, they really need to be PMed to DarthSBP starting Sunday at 8pm. Any votes before that time will not be counted. [face_shame_on_you] It's supposed to be an anonomous vote, too. Again, I do appreciate the support, but we need to follow the guidelines.

9. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    also....to the 2 candidates...can you post why you believe you should get the vote...to the voters...treat this as an open forum...if you have questions...ask them...you still have 3 days to make up your mind...

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Once I completely wake up, I'll write my "Why you should vote for me" post. I-)

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    You can send me check or cash bribes.

12. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Members of the Inland Empire Fan Force,

It would be a pleasure not only to participate as a fellow member of the newly revitalized IEFF, but to serve as your Treasurer/Keeper of Credits. Frankly, I intend to keep track of and secure the credits rather than keep them, per se. But I digress...;)

Let me provide you with some information about me, along with my plans and hopes for the IEFF. First of all, seeing Star Wars in the summer of '77 at the age of 14 was truly a momentous, seminal event in my life. My best friend and I were seventh and eighth in line on a warm, late afternoon at "The Hub." I was never so excited to see a movie. From the moment that star destroyer flew overhead, ray guns blasting away, against the vast blackness of space, I was completely enthralled in awe-struck wonder. I will remember it always. Since then, I was hooked on Star Wars. It wasn?t until the late ?90s that my interest was rekindled with the release of the Special Editions and Episode I, and the fact that I finally had money to invest in collecting Star Wars. My collection includes all the movies (of course), books, music, posters, autographs, replicas, statues, figures and more, besides other movie memorabilia. I?ve been to all three Celebrations so far, and had the great fortune of twice visiting Rancho Obi-Wan, Steve Sansweet?s awesome Star Wars collection, including once last summer.

I have been a member of the SDSWS since June 2003, but have never held an elected position, since I am technically an "honorary" member, as I live outside of the San Diego area. I live in San Jacinto, where my wife and I have resided since 1988. With the apparent reorganization and resurgence of the IEFF, I'd like to become more active in the SW fan community. As an honorary member of the SDSWS, I have participated in and enjoyed many fun and worthwhile events for the betterment of the community and to promote Star Wars fandom. I have also worked with Mary Franklin of LucasFilm for the last three years as a Comic-Con volunteer, in addition to tours of duty with Celebration III registration and Official Pix.

As for my professional life, after a 20-year career in banking and lending, with extensive experience in financial management, I received my Master?s Degree in July 2000, which I have been putting to use as a university professor. I teach a diverse array of courses, including accounting, finance, databases, business management, law, networking, and more. And, as a teacher, I get lots of time off to travel and play.

I plan to become more involved with the IEFF to help make it one of the truly outstanding Fan Forces in Southern California, if not the world. But we can only make that happen together. I believe that we can rededicate ourselves and our resolve to achieve our mission of promoting Star Wars fandom, to give back to the communities we serve, and have some serious fun in the process. So whether you vote for me or for JediFan77, the important thing is that you vote. Get involved. Help us enthusiastically share the fun, excitement, and inspiration of Star Wars. Doing so will help keep its ideals, hopes, sense of wonder, and our own dreams alive.

Star Wars is Forever!

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I think I?ll start out by briefly telling you about my Star Wars history. I was always a Sci-Fi fan, but for some reason the ?stupid boy movie? that came out in 1977 didn?t appeal to me. When my cousins came to visit for Christmas that year, I was out-voted and I got dragged to see it. Within 15 minutes, I was a complete convert. My thirteen year old heart just knew that I was going to marry Luke Skywalker, we?d fly away in the Millennium Falcon and raise little Jedi together.

I carried the SW torch by myself for many years because I couldn't seem to find other adults that had the same passion. When I started my current job as a K-8 grade school librarian, my cup suddenly ran over. They may have been short fans, but they were fans non-the-less. I was no longer alone with my obsession. My Star Wars passion has made me, if not the most unusual, at least the coolest librarian around.

It wasn?t until March of this year that I discovered the Inland Empire Fan Force. As soon as I started reading and then posting on the boards, I knew I was home. I?ve meet some really great people that not only share my passion for all things SW, but they're a lot of fun, too!!!

As for my qualifications for ~Keeper of the Credits~, I have a few. I can count to 10 with my shoes on and 20 when I take them off. Beyond that...? :D

Seriously, I?m in charge of my library?s budget. (What there is of it) I?m accountable for all monies that come through the library (lost and damaged material payments, late fees, donations, etc). Three times a year I organize and hold Scholastic Books Fairs. These events gross about $6000 each. Not a lot of money to some, but it all has to be account for and financial statements done. I was the elected treasurer of the school?s VIPA (like PTA) for two years. We?re a small school of about 520 students, so there weren?t hundreds of thousands of dollars to deal with, but each penny still had to be account for. Also, I?ve been a single parent for numerous years and have had to handle my own household financial arrangements. (That can give a person a whole lot of experience? and gray hairs!)

My final qualification is the passion I already hold for this group. In the few months I?ve been around I know I?ve found a second home. This is the coolest and most comfortable thing I?ve ever done! It would such an honor for me to be elected as ~Keeper of the Credits~! However, whether I am or not, you folks are stuck with me for a long time!

May the Force be with us? Always!

PS
    Sorry I lied at the beginning about this being brief. Hope nobody hurt themselves by hitting their faces on the keyboard due to falling asleep!!!
    I-) [/color]

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If I didn't happen to cover something you want to know, just ask.

Remember, voting doesn't start until Sunday at 8pm. PM all votes to DarthSBP. He is the ~Counter of the Votes~.

:* <--- Me kissing babies to get their parents vote!

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Both excellenty stated cases. Our hard earned credits will be in good hands no matter who wins!

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    GOOD ANSWER, GOOD ANSWER!! =D=

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    [image=http://www.grinningplanet.com/2004/09-28/congressional-kiss-baby2-copyright1.gif]

18. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    ok guys voting has officially begun....send me you votes

19. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    ladies and gentlemen.....i want to thank everyone for their patience and their votes....both candidates are well qualified...but we can only have one person win....i won't post exact vote counts...because we are still a small group...so without further adu....i give you the new Treasurer of the IEFF....................

jedifan77

congrats...and good luck [face_peace]

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey everyone, thanks for having faith in me!! Yes, I know that we don't actually have any credits, nor does it look like we will anytime soon, but I still appreciate it!! [:D]

Now, remind me who I need to write those checks out to and how much I promised for each vote. :D (I hope nobody minds that they'll be written on rubber!!)

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    =D= well congrats to you jf77. see...your bribery did pay off! [face_dancing]

22. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Ummm...I missed the vote but I was with you in spirit! :D Do I get a check ;) LOL!!!

Congrats :)

23. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    You're Hired!

Congrats.

In other news the only person who wanted the photographer job was Han-Shot-First.

Your new title's will appear soon! I have the power! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.