main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Treasures of the Past [Closed SW RP]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by JaMojo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. CoLRaven

CoLRaven Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu looks over Dew's shoulder to see the map.

"Alright, look like the shop is over here, at block AB. Lets get going before anything happens, or we see any hutts..." He turns from the datapad, licking his teeth at the thought of seeing another hutt. The carnage would be great, and the revenge sweet. But it would draw unneeded attention to the group.

Mowlu heads west to the first intersection, then makes a right turn, heading north, taking the most direct route available to them.

2. bratprince9669

bratprince9669 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno mentions to the Wookies that he is from Narshada, and suggests that he take point. He knows this world, and knows its people. But... there shouldnt be anything to worry about, since most of the problems on Narshada would be gang related anyway. So long as you avoid any gang fights, everything should be fine. In addition to that, reno notes for the benefit of Mowlu that you wont see any Huts just out on the street. They would be lounging in their own private estates somewhere, or in some back room of a cantina running a gambling joint or a bounty office. Either way, they wouldnt be out and about usually.

3. JaMojo

JaMojo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2014
    From Hayden. Etog pulled up a map of the same area on his datapad and looked for a moment. Looked at the map while following Mowlu, the corner of his mouth turned downward in thought. "Are you certain the shop is over there? It doesn't match the address on the feather."

There's plenty of room on the streets and the party made decent time walking through and around the few people walking the opposite direction. The environment largely stayed the same with the same amount of people on the streets and the same brightness of the lights. Most of the businesses this close to "The Duel" were large cantinas, but there were several clothing shops and restaurants as well.

4. bobxrion

bobxrion Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew stayed by Mowlu's side as he walked down the street. looking as fierce and determined as he thought he should, Dew was scared ****less on the inside. he had never been to a place like this and frankly, knowing that Mowlu was tense made Dew even more scared.

as we made our way down the street dew could barely keep from shaking..
    i hope i dont give the wrong impression, i certainly dont want to die here.

5. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno was mostly glad to be back on Narshadaa. It was, after all, the world that he called home. It isn't long before he falls into his normal habits though. A rodian on the street catches Reno's eye. He was haggling with some mandalorians trying to get a good price on a rather interesting set of blaster modifications. Reno knew blaster mods, and couldnt help but covet the rare parts. The one part that most caught his eye was an exquisite focusing crystal that was obvioiusly rare. It glowed brightly with a brilliant purple hue. Definately not something that you see very often. The Rodian was standing in front of his stall talking to the Mandalorians and the parts were on the stall behind him. Reno gradually walks behind the the stall and swipes the crystal and keeps walking. He silently relishes in his prize.

6. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu pauses, turns and stares at Etog. "Now you say something? Fine time to speak up after we started out in this direction. Now then, which way does the address go, Oh Wise One?" Mowlu stands there, a frown growing on his face, as he watches the Zabrak. waiting for a reply. He glances up as he saw movement across the walkway, just in time to watch Reno walk behind the stall. He thought he saw something flash purple before vanishing as Reno walked past it. *Now what the little trickster up to? It better not get us into trouble, otherwise I'll wring the little mongrel's neck.*

7. RCduno

RCduno Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    "Agreed," Etog mutters to Mowlu. Snapping back to the earlier question, he calmly points to a map location indicating their current position, then drags his finger to the address of the Emporium and taps the screen to indicate their actual destination. "I intentionally didn't speak up so we could see how our local friend would act on familiar territory. It's good to know who you are associating with," he says with a sly grin.

8. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    The Rodian who was bartering with the mandalorians reached back to show the focusing crystal just after Reno snatched it. The look of surprise crossed his face for just a brief moment before he realized what had just happened. So he shouted at Reno,
    "Hey! My mod!" The three mandalorians turned and looked at Reno as well, they didn't look particularly experienced, but they stood in such a way that clearly indicated they had weapons and knew something about how to use them. The crowd cleared some room and several people stopped to see what was going on.

9. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    Etog watches intently, a hard, hungry gleam in his eye that would only be noticed if someone were paying him attention rather than the unfolding scene in the street.

10. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu turns around completely, the resulting effect is that of a massive wookie towering over the cloaked Zabrak. His grin turns menacing as his teeth shows, his eyes showing a hunger, a hunger for blood. "Now, we don't want anyone getting hurt, do we? So lets all sit down for some caf, and talk this over. Unless there's a better method you 3 have in mind?"

11. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew heard a shout, unsure what it was about. he turned to see the crowd clearing and 3 guys raising guns at reno.
    dummy what have you done this time

Dew then saw mowlu turn and call the three to a second thought. not a bad idea, caf or blood im fine with that.
    "i agree my brother! food sounds good, no matter where it comes from." he smiles, showing his teeth, and licks his lips.
    convincing? i hope so...

12. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Reno turned around and looked at the Rodian with a slightly surprised, slightly dumb look on his face. He opened his hand and looked down at the crystal and back up at the Rodian.

Mowlu's statement and presence were quite intimidating made even more so by the obvious height difference between him and the much shorter Zabrakk standing in front of him and it had an obvious effect on the mandalorians. One of them, who happened to be standing slightly behind the other two relative to Mowlu even wet his pants a little. When Dew turned and made his effort at intimidation, the two in front joined their brother in the wet pants society. The Rodian also looked quite scared, but he didn't wet his pants. Holding out his hand, in a low voice, but still loud enough to be heard clearly, he said "If you don't give that back right now, I challenge you to a duel." He put a specific emphasis on the last word signifying it had a specific meaning. A gasp and murmuring of excitement spread through the crowd before quickly quieting again in anticipation of Reno's response. There were more people gathered now than there had been at the initial shout and more were joining by the moment.

13. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew stopped licking his lips for a moment, looking a bit puzzled. "mowlu, etog, what does duel mean?"
    dew stopped showing his teeth and just looked on. slightly pissed because he didnt know what was about to happen, and because he never thought to ask about customs on this planet...

14. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    Without looking away from the Mandalorians, Etog explains the gist of a duel being "honorable combat" between two individuals to settle a dispute. "Would there be anything else you would like to add to the explanation, shopkeeper?"

15. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu looks over at the shopkeeper and Reno. "So fair skin, what you gonna do?" Obvious Distaste on his face over the whole affair. "I rather to have snapped the damn neck and then be on our way... Not this kriffing mess!"

16. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno looks at the mandalorians, and then back at the rodian. "Really my friend, did you tell your patrons how you got this crystal? You were going to sell stolen merchandise? I do not think selling stolen goods to mandalorians is wise. Right guys? a dishonest rodian trying to sell you goods! Can he vouch for it? What was his price? was he even charging you fairly?" Reno knew that a fight could be on his hands one way or another. His pistol was already in his hand ready for a duel to commence. But if he could he was going to talk his way out of this situation. If not, there just might be a dead rodian in the street... but only if words would not resolve the issue.

17. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    The Rodian took a step back at the acusation and looked at the mandalorians who were also looking at him. Angrily, he shouted back at Reno, "I didn't steal it!" but continued a little less angry, "I run an honest business."

OOC GM: Everyone roll a perception check and PM me on facebook with the roll before you post.

18. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    being perceptive...

19. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew was still angry at the whole situation, although reno had a good point and might be able to talk his way out of it. Dew clentched his fist one more time and noticed a funny feeling on his hand,
    what? whats on my hand? he brought his hand up for inspection and noticed that he had forgot to clean his hands after eating last. his fingers had little pieces of food still on them.

well mom always told me there are starving wookies in the shadowlands so i should eat all my food... then he proceeded to clean his hands by eating the leftover food. he heard a little yelling but didnt care, the food still tasted pretty good.

20. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu barks a laugh as he takes a menacing step forward. "Honest business?? Ha, you have the mark of a liar on your ugly bug face." He sweeps his hand, gesturing to the 3 mandalorians, "I'm sure they are displeased about this as much as I am. Now, either you can give my friend the crystal, and forget everything, or I let these mandalorians have some fun playing "phase the bug"." Mowlu turns back to rodian. "So which be it mate?"

21. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno looks to the mandalorians, then back to the Rodian. His hand on his pistol. "It takes a thief to spot a thief. You stole it first, I stole it second. I stole it fair and square that makes it mine. Now if these mandalorians care for you ripping them off, then thats their parogative! But if we MUST duel..." reno taps the handle on his blaster... "I could give my baby here a work out."

22. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    A gentle smile creeps onto Etog's face as he add free she's the rodian. "As a note, my merchant friend, I've traveled with these fine gentlemen for some time, and I have yet to see him miss an opponent" he says indicating Reno was a wave of his hand. "I do hope we can end this afair on a more pleasant note and be on our separate ways."

23. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    after hearing etog, Dew snaps his head up and smiles. "i could take a bite, apparently im still hungry..." he says the last part while licking his fingers some more.

"oh! you said not to be mean.." as his smile fades and he goes back to cleaning his hands.

24. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    The Rodian clearly didn't want to get into much trouble. He turned momentarily to the mandalorians who threw their hands up and slightly shook their heads no. Turning back to Reno, his face showed anger but he said, "Keep it!" he continued, looking down, "Nothing to see here folks!"

The Rodian turned away and the mandalorians turned to walk away. After a brief hesitation, the watching crowd also dissolved. And just as quickly as it began, it was over and people were pushing past each other almost not paying attention to anyone else.

25. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    "Aww no food? Can we stop for food? I'm starving..." he followed the others and continued bugging them about food.