main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Treasures of the Past [Closed SW RP]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by JaMojo, Mar 9, 2014.

1. CoLRaven

CoLRaven Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2014
    "Let's go to the shop now, shall we?" Mowlu turned in the direction Etog had mentioned earlier and started off. There's a food vendor selling hot food along the way, and Mowlu snagged a large nerf leg as he passes by. "Here" He said as he tossed the leg in Dew's direction. "Don't choke on it now."

2. RCduno

RCduno Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Etog walked up to the Rodian with a polite smile on his face, the earlier gleam softened to a playful light that accompanied the smile. "I do apologize for the trouble my associate caused you," he said, hand extended in good will. "I didn't want an honest businessperson to meet an untimely end," the hand's palm turned up slightly for the Rodian to glimpse a couple hundred credits nestled there. "No hard feelings, I trust," he said evenly, a ghost of the gleam in his eyes.

3. bratprince9669

bratprince9669 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno takes backs away from the Rodian and quietly walks away from the scene he had caused. He did not like to get caught stealing. A theif though he was, he hated getting caught, and he hated even more to make a scene. He was a thief, not a killer. Although... if it came down to he it he would have drawn his gun. Just the same though, it was not something that he liked doing. He quietly followed the wookies at that time as he fumbled around with his prize in his pocket. A grin grew across the space pirates face as he relished the thought of installing it.

4. JaMojo

JaMojo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2014
    By this point, it was quite obvious Reno, Etog, Mowlu, and Dew had become a party. It was also obvious to those in the crowd that they walked past because of the way people parted for them not at individuals, but as 4 people traveling together. As the party got closer and closer to the A Block, the crowd became thinner and thinner and the buildings became older and older looking. At block A, there was no difference in the surrounding blocks, it was obviously the old part of town. Here were the cheap apartments and seedy hotels and other beings, including humans, anyone of decent stature wouldn't want themselves seen with. The main light source was from lamps hanging on cords from the level above, but enough sunlight still shone through that it wasn't dark. All in all though, it was nowhere near the worst NarShaddaa had to offer many stories below and in other parts of the planet.

The Black Emporium was one of the better looking shops in the area. It was one of the few with a lit sign. It was a traditional store, two large windows featuring the most interesting of wares and a door in the middle with the sign above large enough to stretch almost the entire width of the store. On the left was another store that sold unique items, but obviously had much less business and the other side was a hotel in decent state, but only the occasional patron going in or out. With the lighting and slime, which was kept to keep the feel of the store, on the window, it was difficult to tell what was inside without getting fairly close, having great eyesight, or maybe trying really hard, but it was obvious the lights were on and the store was open.

5. bobxrion

bobxrion Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew chews on the leg as he gives many thanks to mowlu. then as they arrive at the shop Etog pointed it out, but Dew wasnt paying attention. so mowlu thumped him slightly to get Dew to turn around. it so happened that dew was eating the last bit of food. right after being thumped, he pretended to be choking. he dropped his data pad and what was left of the leg. he fell to the ground as soft as he could and continued to prank the others, until they were actually moving toward him. then he grabbed his data pad and spoke.

"hahaha i had yall going! im ok just bored. and still hungry... o what were you saying a minute ago etog?"

6. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    *Mowlu is distracted for some ungodly reason by something that sparkled in the window.*

7. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno knew that these parts of Narshadaa could be treachorous. He took note of his surroundings; specifically looking for a way to escape if things went badly. They were, after all, on a treasure hunt. Anyone else who knows about the treasure could also come here. They were just attacked by sith in outer space not too long ago after all. Reno simply looks down at Dew and says "Dew, funny as you may think you are, perhaps this is not the best place to attract too much attention. I think that two of us should go into the shop while the rest of us wait outside. That way, if anything happens with either group, we can communicate and react accordingly. Of course, what could possibly go wrong when we are only doing some shopping!" Reno finishes his statement with some humourous sarcasm. However, he indeed communicate his anxiety to his comrades. He did not want to cry wolf, but he did want to emphasize caution.

As he spoke, he gestured to the black emporium, so that his party would know which shop he was speaking about.

8. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Some members of the crowd stopped to stare when Dew pretended to be choking, but most tried to avoid the party even more. The crowd was much less dense here than it was nearer The Duel, however. When Dew stopped, people continued as they had been, seemingly trying to not pay attention to anyone.-

9. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    "ok reno ill go in the shop with you, although i have no clue what to expect. if u want me to be intimidating or to hurt them, use lemon or lemonade in a sentence and it will be done. that good with you?"

Dew looks at reno like he said something smart, although not knowing at all what reno was going to say in reply.
    heres to hoping im not an idiot...

10. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu nodded his head agreeing with what Reno had said. "Dew, I think you and Reno should stay out here. Etog has some good connections I am assuming, and he's very capable of assessing people and especially in a shop like this, his keen eye's will be a great asset. I'll go with, a wookiee bodyguard wouldn't be unusual, and if Etog needs leverage to make someone talk, I'll easily come in handy. Any objections/other suggestions?" Mowlu looked around at the whole group outside the store.

11. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    "Brain and muscle in one package, I'm starting to like you," Etog's says with a single clap of his hands. "Shall we then," he inquired of Mowlu.

12. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    "sounds good,we will keep watch." motioning to reno and himself.

13. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno really was not sure about the decision that the part had come to. He had intended for himself to enter the shop. But, he was not going to argue. "works for me"; he said it as he shrugged his shoulders, "just dont make it too obvious your here looking for some kind of treasure. It IS Narshadaa after all!" As Reno finishes his sentence he twirls his blaster in his hand, demonstrating his prowess as a gun slinger even though he preferred not to fire a shot unless he must.

14. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Mowlu and Etog entered the shop. It was filled with all sorts of odd things. From eyes in jars, strangely shaped teeth, statues of all kinds, to jewlery from any of millions of cultures, the shop was definitely unique. It wasn't the largest shop, but it would take a good hour to look through everything because it was so packed with stuff. There were two long rows of shelves in the middle, a counter on the right as you enter the shop, another row of shelves after you pass the counter and the walls were covered in hanging things and other randomly placed shelves. It was quite a site to behold, really. As the two characters entered the shop, the shopkeeper who had been reading something on his datapad inside the counter area looked up and welcomed them, "Welcome to The Black Emporium, I'm Zane Black. Here we have the largest selection of oddities and strange items. If you need help finding anything in particular or if I can be of assistance in any other way, please let me know."

Outside, as Reno and Dew kept watch, all was normal. Everyone seemed to go about their business as they had been.

15. bratprince9669

Mar 9, 2014
    Reno just leaned against the building with his arms crossed. He appeared casual to anyone who saw him, but he was actually keeping his wits about him. He was an edgy soul, always looking out for danger. It was something he picked up from being a pirate. His eyes darted around, watching the street for any signs of trouble.

16. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Dew wasnt sure what to do. he wanted to go inside. of course since this is his first time off-world he was excited to go almost anywhere. but not here on the street! he had already seen this! in there was cool things! things he could only dream of seeing, touching, and probably accidentally destroying... ya considering he was a bit of a clutz,

ya better stay outside...

17. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    Etog's walked up to Zane with a cordial smile as he spoke, "Good day to you, sir. I was wondering if you could help us identify a certain item I have in my possession, " he said, with a slight flourish as he brought the red feather out of his pack. "Would you happen to know what this is?"

18. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu looked around the shop from his position behind Etog. He brought his gaze back to Zane as Etog brought out the feather, watching for any hostile signs.

19. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Zane watched Etog as he pulled out the feather and examined it. "Ah, yes, I bought and sold many of those feathers in the last few months." Zane opened his mouth as if to say something and closed it again before once again returning his attention to Etog, grinning.

OOC GM: Please read my OOC post.

20. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    "I assume then that you are very familiar with the origin and nature of these feathers," Etog's inquired a measuring gaze took in Zane, suspicion lurking at the edge of his mind.

21. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Mowlu grunted with with mild amusement at the two's conversation. He quickly scanned the room a second time, seeing if there's anything of importance... or anyone... that seem out of place, or not just right.

22. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    "I made quite a good profit on those feathers, but I don't know where they are originally from. Someone sold them to me, but he didn't exactly tell me where or what they are from, but I'm sure it's quite an interesting story" Zane replied with a continued smile, "I'd be happy to take that one off your hands if you would like."

23. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    "An exchange of information for the feather, perhaps," Etog's offered, his gaze holding fast with Zane as an inquisitive brow quirked up.

24. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Zane considers for a moment, then nods his head in agreement without even a glance at the wookie in the room, "What do you want to know?"

OOC GM: if I don't message you about a spot check or something, there was nothing worth sending a message about.

25. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    as dew watches the crowd go by he wondered what they could have found in there.
    i wonder if there is a kool weapon.. maybe kool food! well maybe im just still hungry..

instead of worrying about it he decides to focus on the crowd and keep a better watch.

as he watches the corwd he finds that most are just doing what they normally have been doing. as he continues to be vigilant, he finds plenty of people are looking at the black emporium. even if they are just glancing every now and then. but then he finds a man in a trench coat who is also staring at the shop. although nothing seemed obviously out of place, Dew seemed unsure about the man.

he seems suspicious for some reason... better tell reno.

he continues to scan the crowd then acts like he got a message on his datapad. using the pad, he messaged reno about the suspicous man. he gave as good of directions to where the man was standing as he could. and said he would keep and eye out for anything else he might find.