main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Treasures of the Past: OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by JaMojo, Mar 20, 2014.

1. JaMojo

JaMojo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2014
    This is the OOC thread to use in the future.

Conversation that isn't in character belongs here. Discuss the game, your characters, or whatever, as long as it's associated with the game, no off topic subjects, that's what the rest of the internet is for.

2. CoLRaven

CoLRaven Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2014
    What color are the lightsabers?

3. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    There is a red one, a yellow one and a purple one.

4. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    I really need you guys to include more information about your characters. Just as an example, since the mass of people has moved on, if you aren't following them, you should mention that you watch them go or somehow indicate that you are still in the first hallway so that I know where you are. If your character "goes to do something" which way do you go? That really makes a big difference on whether you actually succeed at doing that thing.

Write these posts more like you would write a book than you would respond to a GM at a table. I must fully understand what your character is doing in your posts because I can't just ask questions all the time or presume things.

Since this is on the internet, other people might also read it and they might want to know more about what your motivations are.

Also, I know we haven't gotten that far, but do you guys enjoy it so far? What can I do better?

5. bratprince9669

bratprince9669 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    I think this is fine. Im honeslty feeling useless without my blaster, which is why im just wanting to arm myself. Also I havent done much. Im just kinda like... ok... when do I get my gun so I can actually play....

6. bratprince9669

bratprince9669 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    but i think this will get inhrently better as we get more into our characters and into the swing of things.

7. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    For the keys, I'd like to clarify that since I am unsure what they actually are, I'm just calling them keys for now. And assuming since he is a guard, he'd have something to access all areas of the ship.

8. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    In the SW universe, some doors have passcodes for locked doors, others have security chips that automatically unlock security doors when they approach. The latter is a little computer chip about the size of an SD card that can be kept anywhere really, most guards have a little pouch in their belt that they fit into. Different companies have different shapes or designs, but they work on the same general principal. There are different ones for every place that open different doors, kinda like different keys used for different doors if that makes sense.

9. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    You guys are literally one post away from getting weapons. . . assuming you do the right thing. Which should be pretty obvious. But, that being said your characters don't know that, so keep playing your characters. As a GM, I will tell you that you will get your weapons back at some point, even if it isn't soon.

Just read the IC thread. Might be 2 posts.

10. bobxrion

bobxrion Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    So ya I think this game is going well. It would be nice to get into a pattern of posting.

O and Tbh idk where our characters are in the ship, I just know I was following the duros

11. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    I'm going to start drawing maps and putting them here. I'll have one up before my next post. Thanks for mentioning that, Chick.

Regarding the rest of the ship and future sections of the campaign. I have an expectation of my players to figure out things. I never want to hold your hand through things. As an example, I'm going to give you guys a small spoiler. You guys are going to need to figure out a way off this ship (you'll know why in my next IC post). Right now, excluding the escape pod, there is one way off the ship but I don't want to tell you what it is. I expect you to figure it out (although, I'll give you some hints if you don't get it right away). In the future, there will be more of these, so be expecting them. That being said, don't worry about failing or dying if you don't get them, but there may or may not be consequences.

Also, Avery, you should have rolled to hack the lock, but for the sake of plot, it's fine.

I like for you guys to describe what your characters do (which you guys are doing pretty well), so if you ever do something that you don't exactly know how to describe, even if your character knows how to do it, instead of just saying you do it, ask me how to describe it. It just makes your posts more interesting.

12. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Here's a random question: Do you guys want a droid?

No particulars, just a general question. It'd be an NPC.

13. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Wouldn't be a bad idea. And may come in handy depending what's going on and what's it's purpose is for.

14. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    YES!!!!

15. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Okay, this may seem like nitpicking. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SPELL-CHECK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am cringing at a couple of words.....

RCduno likes this.
  16. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    MAP FOR EVERYONE!! (crappy, but it's still a map)

[​IMG]

17. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Sean, sry if I misspell. My phone likes to do funny stuff with my typing

18. CoLRaven

Mar 3, 2014
    Cick, it wasn't you that was my problem. Avery fixed his post, but originally he misspelled Nar Shaddaa

19. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Updated map with numbers.

[​IMG]

20. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Since we are starting combat for the first time, I'd like to go over some things about combat.

There are 3 main types of moves: STANDARD, MOVE, and SWIFT. They are pretty obvious, swift are things like switching weapon modes, dropping an item, etc. Each is larger than the next, so you can sacrifice your Standard action for a move or swift; or sacrifice a move for a swift action. You can all move a max of 30 feet in one turn (the Main Hall is 60 feet wide and 100 feet long). You can't move as far if there are obstructions or difficult terrain in the way. There are also FREE and REACTION actions. Free includes things like taunting, talking (within reason) and reactions can be taken when it isn't your turn, like a spot check if someone is sneaking up on you and using the force to absorb the attack, things that don't really take time.

This is an RPG, so anything that is feasible for your character to do, you can do. Obviously, your character sheet and background determine how likely you are to succeed. There are some other things you can do, related to the system:
    Second Wind: if you are reduced to half your hit-points, you can take a second wind once a day as a swift action and recover one quarter of your hit-points. In the future, you can take feats to let you do this more often.
    Attacks of Opportunity: Basically if someone turns their back to you or runs past you or is distracted in melee range, you can attack them for free. Enemies can do this too.
    Full Attack: Take a full of nothing but attacking to attack twice with two different weapons (must be duel wielding). This is different from making one attack with both weapons which you normally would do with a Standard Action.

Some other ideas are: Aiding others by making enemies avoid your fire or by suppressive fire, Attacking objects, Charging, Disarming, Fighting defensively, Grabbing, Aiming.

Since we are doing this online, there will be no initiative. You all take your turns and then all the NPC's take their turns.

When posting, keep theses things in mind, but post like you normally would, writing descriptively as if writing a book. Basically, don't say, "As a standard action, John attacks guard 1". Instead, say, "Leaning over the table, John fired his blaster at the nearest guard (1)". You get the idea.

Be creative. Some battles will be hard and you won't be able to win by just shooting the enemies as you normally would.

21. RCduno

RCduno Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    Dice rolling algorithms suck...! Just throwing that sentiment out there.

22. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    *points to previous post about algorithms*

23. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Since Avery didn't post, but we talked about what he's going to do, I'm posting for him so we can keep this moving.

Also, this will act as a notice to my players and is active starting now(including this post for Avery). If you do not post within a reasonable amount of time and do not notify me about your absence of posting and the reason for it, I reserve the right to post for you. I can describe your character in any way that I want and do anything that I want. I'll keep your in-character actions as close to your character personalities as I can, but I reserve the right to describe your character and his actions in any way I see fit.

DISCLAIMER: My descriptions of your character in no way reflect my opinion of your character, anyone else's opinion of your character, or your actual character, they are simply for the sake of humor.

CoLRaven likes this.
  24. bobxrion

Mar 9, 2014
    Sounds good

25. RCduno

Mar 9, 2014
    Just for the sake of sanity, do we All speak Wookie?