main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Treasures of the Past: OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by JaMojo, Mar 20, 2014.

1. JaMojo

JaMojo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 24, 2014
    For your viewing pleasure.

[​IMG]

2. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    This is the Quote-Off #1 Prize.[​IMG]

3. bobxrion

bobxrion Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    lvl up hp

4. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Here is the map of the ship you guys are on.

[​IMG]

5. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    This is your ship exterior. If you search this, ignore all the information you find out about it because it's all wrong for this campaign. I changed the size of the ship and everything. I also removed the guns. The circle thing on the side is the airlock for this story.

[​IMG]

6. RCduno

RCduno Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    That vessel is nice.
    As for the droid, I have a feeling the Star Wars version of a Tachikoma has joined our ranks...

7. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Map of the Docking Bay on Nar Shaddaa[​IMG]

8. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    First, I want to say I'm enjoying this and I think you are all getting better at your posts and including your character in them.

Second, I want to give a warning. When you landed, nobody gave an indication that you were landing at the spaceport nearest the shop you're trying to reach. Nor did anyone actually look up the shop after you got to the planet where you have access to the HoloNet. I'm giving a pass on this for this time, but next time, I'm going to make you guys land at the wrong spaceport and make you figure out that you have to fly all the way around the planet to get to where you need to go. There is no easy part to this campaign although some parts may be easier than others. Keep thinking and use the knowledge you have obtained in the official thread and in PM's to make decisions in character. It's not all about combat, there will be a fair amount of detective work as you are about to see. One of my rules for my games: If you don't say it, you don't do it. Although I don't want to be a jerk, I'm not going to just lead you though this like ponies.

Also, I'd like to make a request for your future posts: do as much as you can in a single post. For example: in this last round of posting, I would have liked it if Sean had said that he got on the elevator and when everyone else was on, he pressed the down button. Or something like that and everyone else said that they got on the elevator and waited for Mowlu to press the button. The same was true when you guys left the ship, don't just get off the ship, get off the ship and head out of the building. As it is, I've been assuming you do things for the sake of time. If I hadn't, I would have had posts like this, "OOC: congrats, you got off the ship...." On the other hand, don't do too much in a single post or if something happens, half your post won't matter. Things like "Jon headed toward this" or "Jon jumped out of the tree, heading to the right, looking to jump up in the next big tree" are great. Those examples give me the opportunity to stop you anywhere along your path or just describe what you see/do/achieve when you finish that action.

If you have any questions, ask them here or in the facebook message.

9. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    Map of the area.
    [​IMG]

10. CoLRaven

CoLRaven Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2014
    ooc: sorry, don't have time for something better constructed atm, and I probably won't have time till sunday. I'll repost then if no one has moved this along before then (in regard to the post I made 20 secs ago)

11. JaMojo

Feb 24, 2014
    So, just like combat. If you want to do anything challenging, you'll need to roll for it. For example, if you want to persuade someone, you'll need to include a d20 roll in your post. If you are watching the crowd for anything, you'll also need to include a roll. Saying, "I watch for something" or say some eloquent speech in an example of good role-playing is ineffective because your ability to role-play is not representative of your character's ability to do a certain task.

12. CoLRaven

CoLRaven Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2014
    Okay, quick question. Under what name did we dock the ship? Was the original name the ship had, or did we come up with one for it? Because if we didn't have the ability to give a fake ID, the associates of the previous owners of our ship will be able to track us that much easier...... And I rather not have to deal with force users wanting to kill me for taking their blasted ship.