main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

treatment of others

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by obi1jedinite, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    i wasnt really sure where to put this thread, and it will probably be locked out soon but i wanted to post it anyway.

ive noticed that there are some people on these boards that cant seem to be kind to others. lately some people, it seems to me, cant do anything but insult others and be rude. whenever they disagree with someone else's opinion they cant just state THEIR opinion, they have to end it with "thats why you are stupid" or "i know bricks smarter than you." some dont even bother posting their opinions at all.

it is possible to disagree with someone without insulting them, just as its possible to ignore someone that you dislike. it is also possible to POLITELY explain to someone, that isnt very experienced on these boards, what they should and should not be doing.

sorry if this is an inappropriate post but i feel strongly about it.

edit/ locking it, don't want it to become a war, and it's better suited in comms or the the comms thread in here.

2. obi1jedinite

Oct 20, 2002
    and now, while my post is being ignored, others are starting that are designed specifically to insult individuals. lovely.

3. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I think your right! people should be nice to each other! :)

4. obi1jedinite

Oct 20, 2002
    thanks OBIX1.

one last thing id like to add is that i know there are some people on these boards that post simply to get a rise out of people, and there are some that just dont seem to know what they are talking about. just ignore them, there is absolutely no reason to get down in the mud with them, because thats what they want. ignore them and they will leave.

5. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
  6. obi1jedinite

Oct 20, 2002
    heh heh, glad to see that ive made such an impact. <-- dripping in sarcasm

EDIT: thanks for your post though dArTh_wenley, not being sarcastic about that.

7. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Let me guess:

You got the wrong end of the ongoing basher/gusher wars? Not being sarcastic, BTW. Even though such ugliness occurs all over the boards, I'm more familiar with the kind that permeates the movie boards.

There's really nothing I can offer but to say, as you said, don't let yourself be dragged into the mud. And contact a mod when things get out of hand.

8. Red_Clone

Red_Clone Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2003
    Good advice, DOTF.

Basher/gusher wars are so easy to get drawn into. Fortunately, the nastiest stuff does get moderated consistently.

I can't understand some people's obsession with films they claim to despise, but who knows. ::shrugs::

9. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    I can't understand some people's obsession with films they claim to despise, but who knows. ::shrugs::

As a card-carrying basher...

...I'm not going to go there. 8-} :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.