main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Trees, The Force and Temples

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darphus_Mon, Jun 25, 2016.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    When I'm sitting there in the theater, seeing TLJ finally-I will laugh so hard if we end up finding out that tree had no major significance, and it was just a tree in the background!! [face_laugh]

Not that I necessarily think that will happen....[face_whistling]

2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    As long as it isn't named "Treevio," it should feature prominently.

4. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I thought you were talking about Jim Morrison "The Lizard King". That would be trippy. [face_hypnotized] I can just imagine Kylo Ren and his Knights of Ren walking across Ach-To at night during a rainstorm; with The Doors: Riders on the Storm playing in the background. [face_laugh]

vncredleader likes this.
  5. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    The thing to really watch out for is the Tree getting an action figure, and those figures being everywhere. Then you can be certain that it won't even be in the movie.

DARTH_BELO and vncredleader like this.
  6. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    So the Tree is the new Constable Zuvio?

7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That tree will never capture the magic of our beloved Zuvio
    [​IMG]

8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Sure..... that could work. Luke and Rey travel to another island to a tree that is still intact and bearing fruit. Imagine a scene at night where we see the silouette of the tree, then the fruit that's hanging on the limbs begins to glow as they approach. Maybe the floating spheres of light are merely the fruit on the tree. Perhaps the translucent fruit on the tree glow the same color, or perhaps there's fruit of different colored crystals growing on the same tree.

In Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach, the little old man gave James a small white paper bag...... Inside it, James could see a mass of tiny green things that looked like looked like little stones or crystals, each about the size of a grain of rice. They were extraordinarily beautiful, and there was a strange brightness about them, a sort of luminous qualiity that made them glow and sparkle in the most wonderful way.

Granted, the tiny green stones or crystals were not the pits of a stone fruit..... they were crocodile tongues boiled up in the skull of a dead witch for twenty days and nights with the eyeballs of a lizard, the fingers of a young monkey, the gizzard of a pig, the beak of a green parrot, the juice of a porcupine, and three spoonfuls of sugar.
    What I'm getting at, is maybe the saber crystals come from mushrooms consuming the tree's roots, or, as Wildcatbarry suggested, the pits of the tree's fruit.

Readers might be thinking "but that seems like there would be a lot of crystals just lying around the tree, once they fall and the fruit decomposes." That's where the puffins come into the picture. They're the guardians (hoarders) of the crystal pits. They consume the fruit and lay the pits like eggs in their burrows. Sometimes they consume the fruits and plant the pits on other islands of Ahch-To.
    [​IMG]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Constable Zuvio is a tree.

10. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Has anyone considered that Ahch-To might be the source of the Dark Side that Palpatine sought and the reason why Luke was desperate to get there first? Perhaps Luke has been guarding this place that contains such a powerful Dark Side presence and it is in fact him that burns down this tree that could be a source of great Dark Side knowledge and power. Being on the planet might even have taken a severe toll on Luke who is now not the man he once was - physically and spiritually...

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
  12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    With all the tree talk in the sequel and such. I wonder if Luke will end Episode IX the same way the main characters did in the series David the Gnome.

13. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016

The source is said to be in the Unknown Regions while Ahch-to is in GFFA. But interesting thought nonetheless.

14. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if I had made up Ahch-To's location!
    Can I as where this is stated though? I can't find anything on Ahch-To's location.

15. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    Master_Shaitan Nothing says bout Ahch-to location but you bet that they would have announced it dramatically if it was in UR. Especially since UR is very dangerous to navigate as per Aftermath books, while Rey's flight was a smooth sail, so definitely not a flight through UR.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahch-To

Darth Caliban, lawton and oncafar like this.
  16. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    it might have been in the junior novel??? that it said ahch-to is an unknown planet (sort of) in that it's not on any/most star charts. i figured it's in the galaxy but almost no one knows it exists.

17. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

Yep and how long it would have took to get there if in the UR.

18. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    well nothing very new, we all knew that the Jedi during TCW were blinded by what they should be doing.
    "Jedi Generals
    Guardians for the Republic, the Jedi became leaders of the clone army during the Clone Wars. While War rages the Jedi have no time, to consider whether this role is truly the will of the force. Few survive the Jedi purge at the war's end."

what I find the most interesting is the part about the will of the force. Ever since that was introduced it seems to be getting more and more prominent in canon (Episode I, RO and other events during the Saga movies all up to and including TFA), that the force itself seems to be an entity of some sorts.

19. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Trees, the Force, Temples, and.... PUPPIES!!! You forgot the puppies! Luke will take in stray dogs at the jedi temple...one is pictured here.

[​IMG]

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  20. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    So a lot of emphasis on the tree/cave, and its tantalizing contents. Which is great. Looks like we will indeed be getting a good dose of mythology and mysticism.

But what will we find in the huts, which did not feature in the teaser? Perhaps we will see some intriguing artifacts left behind by the former tenants of what I assume must be the monastery (the tree/cave being the temple). For one, I wouldn't mind seeing an ancient light saber similar in design to those featured in the art of TFA book.

21. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    hey guys, areyou feeling good about themselves? remember when we were speculating that 10 Jedi Commandments may be hidden in the tree? We won! =D=

Mungo Baobab and lawton like this.
  22. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    I am curious to hear why the location of the first temple was lost to the Jedi order themselves especially considering its not way out in the unknown regions or something like that. Maybe they will explain something about that in the novel or another book.

Baron_Papanerd and Wildcatbarry like this.
  23. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

Are you guys not talking about Alan Moore? Or does Grant Morrison also fit that description without me ever having known?

Edit' ignore me. I've just googled and am now reading a fascinating piece about a feud between the two men. Cheers!

Baron_Papanerd and vncredleader like this.
  24. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003

Remember when we said the tree is the temple? We won!... I think...

25. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016

So much win for us Tree Huggers! [:D]