main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Trek Exhibit planning thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kepare

Kepare Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2010
    I didn't make it out there this weekend. I spend the weekend dealing with picking up a new (used) car and getting reacquainted with a standard transmission. So I did experience Trek: Jerky and awkward at first, then slowly smoothing out as you went along.

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    What warp factor will it make?

3. Kepare

Nov 6, 2010
    About 133wHP at 5500 RPM and 145#f at 4800 RPM.

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Didn't want to ruin our night of Star Wars book club and Season Finales with Trek talk but Mrs jedimika and I checked out the exhibit yesterday afternoon. I had won passes through my comic shop and we so rarely have a day off together any more we just decided to check it out. If I wouldn't have won passes I probably wouldn't have went, the whole "no picture taking" thing really has me bent out of shape. At my age I need pictures and visual cues to remember stuff. So honestly I went into the exhibit with a bad attitude and all the stuff labeled "replica of a prop used on..." just egged me on. Who cares if I take pictures of stuff that never even saw any screen time? Grrr. It was probably about half and half actual props and replicas. The costumes were nice and nicely displayed but only a few of them said "worn by", most just said "designed by". Of course they also had the Captain's chair and transporter area for taking your picture for a price. There was a nice Trek timeline that took up a whole wall I thought was well done. It was probably about double the size of the Star Wars exhibit we went to but because I was grouchy I went through it in 20 minutes and left. What's the point? They were doing a pretty brisk business for a Friday at noon, I was kind of impressed. So decide for yourself if it's worth the money but for such an incomplete experience I don't plan on going back even if I win more free tickets.

5. Kepare

Nov 6, 2010
    I went with the family yesterday, and I agree it was pretty meh. The rest of the museum had cool QR codes with trivia all over the place, and stuff like that inside of the exhibit would have been cool, but the no cell phone rule made that moot. Definitely not worth $18 if you aren't interested in seeing the rest of the museum. On the flip side, the rest of the museum is actually really fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.