main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trek Expo 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by IMAXPoe, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Okay I have never been to a Trek Expo much less a convention and I went to the Trek Expo website. Now I am really confused about the tickets and why I would need a seat. All I know that I want is Kenny Baker's signature. Someone please explain this mess they call Trek Expo......

2. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    The Trek Expo started as just that... a pure star trek convention... all trek all the time...ovet the years they have expanded the guest list to include all sci-fi for the most part..pretty much had to.. but the name Trek Expo remains the same... the tickets are two fold... general admission gets you in the door..there are I think two levels of reserved seats... the seating is for the guest speaker area... the reserved tickets also guarentee certain autographs whereas most general admin folks won't get much of the speaking guests... they pretty much get relegated to the guests who have tables outside in the main convention area. That in a nutshell is what it is... someone else I am sure can provide a more detailed explanation...

3. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    For most of the guests, they are available for autographs for anyone there with general admission for $10 - $20 or so. I would doubt that you would need to purchase the prefered seating to get Kenny's autograph.

Hey are we taking Kenny out to dinner? Though I would suggest someplace other than Flavors.

4. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Oh, yes, can we pppllleeeaaassseee take him out to dinner. This is my first con and my first chance to meet any of the celebrities. I know that you took Peter Mayhew out last year, and, from the pictures,it looked like you had a good time.

5. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I LOVE FLAVORS! I direct all my friends and family there for a good reaming every chance I get! ;)

Seriously though, great idea, if I recall, last year we contacted Mayhew's people and found out he liked steak and went from there. I recommend trying the same approach this year.

6. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Okay I think the dinner thing sounds awesome! I wish I had been a member last year. I have never really met a sci-fi celebrity either Shelbi. I am just as excited.

7. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Think flea market...

8. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    "Think flea market..."

Will there be nachos? :D

9. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    ....... Yes.

10. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Nachos and hot dogs are the staple of any good flea market. ;)

11. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Dont forget the fleas

12. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Otto has enough fleas for eveyone if somebody needs to borrow some.

13. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    There were some unaswered questions I had from the last meeting.

1) What kind of passes or tickets will we need if we're gonna have a table?
    2) How much is it gonna be, and is that money comming out of the group fund or our pockets?
    3) What are we gonna display at the table, such as props or stuff like that?
    4) Who all is planning to wear costumes and who is planning to watch the table uncostumed?

Just thought these were some questions we all needed to think about to organize and prepare for Trek Expo :D .

14. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Those are all excellent questions. I am willing to watch the table uncostumed. I can also bring my "Rogue" ParkSaber for display.

Another question:
    Who worked out the dinner with Peter Mayhew last year? Do we want them to work on Kenny Baker or should someone else take care of that?

15. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    1. Use having a table doesn't get anyone in, you still have to pay for the ticket

2. Tickets are paid for by you not the group, about 10 bucks or so.

3. We got lots of props to throw out there between the lot of us, plus any OKC peeps.

4. I do and dena does, sure others do too.

Heath
    MDK was the one that got in contact with Mayhew's people. Although this time i'm up for just taking the guest to McDonalds. :p

16. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Good idea, I have $10 in McDonald's gift certificates :)

17. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
  18. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Who is MDK?!?!? I know there's a certain guy that goes by BDK (but I refuse to use that nickname).... :p

So in answer to the question Mike1 was the person who got in contact w/ Peter last year. He had been on friendly terms w/ him for quite a while & had exchanged personal info w/ Peter a few years back. I don't think he's friends w/ Kenny but ya never know, he is always surprising me! I'll talk to FOV & see if he knows how to arrange something. I don't know if we'll be able to attend this year w/ our schedules as hectic as they've been, but if it's a Sat. night we might be able to join in.

19. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    TrekExpo is doing a "Supper with the Stars" on Saturday night, and according to their website, Kenny's already planning to attend that, but we might be able to do it on Friday night.

20. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Yes, BDK is a valuable resource.

Paul

21. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    If you very talk to us again m :D

22. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Fear not people i have a team of linguists working around the clock attempting to decifer what ever it is Otto just said.

23. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    If Mike1 would ever talk to us again :D

sorry

24. QueenOverVader

QueenOverVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh Otto, ya know Mike still loves you guys!
    And one day soon he will return again!
    Our schedules have been crazy! I'm working 4 jobs w/ 13 hour days & Mike works early afternoon to late evening. We hardly see each other as it is. But I'm sure he will be joing everyone at least one or two days of the Expo.

PS. He does know Kenny & said he will get in touch w/ him for you guys. :)

25. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    A couple questions:

1) BDK or Jammie, any word from Kenny?

2) Do we need a schedule, like we had last year, for manning the table?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.