main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trek Expo 2003

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by IMAXPoe, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I spoke with John at Starbase 21 two weeks ago regarding Kenny and his availability. Unlike Peter, Kenny is living out of the country and just a wee bit harder to reach than Peter. That makes communication and planning a little bit tougher.

I placed our request with John and will be chatting with him again next week for some Expo planning. I'll bring the issue back up again at that time and see about getting a little bit more of a confirmation one way or another.

-Gary

2. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Just wanted to give everyone a little further update on the Kenny situation. I'll be chatting with my close contacts in Texas this next week. Since they work to represent many of the Star Wars Celebrities here in the United States it may prove fruitful for us....

Keep your fingers crossed gang, this may work out yet...

-Gary

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Cool, thanks Gary!

[image=http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/images/team_photos/aaron_fin.jpg]

4. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Any news on the Kenny hook up?

Also, are we gonna try to get a table coverage schedule like last year or are we pretty sure there'll always be someone there without need for one?

5. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    John from SB21 is out of town until tomorrow. I'll check again with him on the Kenny Situation as well as some other stuff for the TFF setup. I still have yet to hear from my other possible contacts re: Kenny.

Regarding scheduling - We NEED to have a schedule with someone always there before opening. The only reason we were covered on Saturday last year was because I came in early with the R2. IIRC there were some people squatting in our area when I showed up at that time. Also, we had some of the guys in the booth next to us horsing around with the DVD player and TV. That WILL NOT happen again as far as I'm concerned...

More as it develops...

-Gary

6. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    How early is before they open? I may be able to cover us there if need be.

7. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Dena and I are going to be off that Fri and Sat so we can cover quite a bit as well.

8. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I'm off both Friday and Saturday and could work on either of those days.

9. Gytheran

Gytheran Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    Kara and I will be at the expo all three days... I'm not sure how much table time we'd be able to put in... it really depends on how long it will take to get Kara in and out of costume and whether or not she wants to dress up all 3 days. As far as table displays... would we have someone there making sure noone messes with what's on the table(meaning more than just a casual eye on things)? I was thinking of bringing a couple blasters and my Obiwan ANH saber (heavily weathered already). If you guys think it would be safe, I could bring one of my collector pieces(I was thinking the Yoda saber, since Yoda is our logo). I'm also planing on bringing my older parks shadow to sit on the table. Please let me know your thoughts.

Joe

10. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Last year we had a sign up sheet on the board for times to watch the table. It ened up that we always had folks at the table but a sign up sheet would be agood idea so that we KNOW who should be at the table when and that there will actually be someone there. If we want I will post up a sign up so people can volunteer for times. That way no one is commited to watch the table the whole time.

11. Forceofvader

Forceofvader Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2000
    If it's OK with the powers that be I can organize a time sheet for manning the table for everyone.

We can set it up 4 1 hour times slots. I'll make a spreadsheet and post it on my site. Give me a few and I'll have it up.

BDK

12. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I think a "clickie" would be nice, Mike. :D

EDIT: Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!!! I saw your "clickie" on the other thread. Sorry. 8-}

13. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Members of JediOKC with be there as well, and we've invited them to hang out with us.

14. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Sounds cool. It might be nice to meet some fans from somewhere other than the planet Trekkies! :)

15. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    JediOKC? them fellers can't be trusted i says... *spits* ... On second thought... I guess it would be better then hang with us then go to the Trek Side of the Force.

16. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    There's always the Klingons if we need friends. I hear they're a fun bunch.

17. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    Go ahead Mike and make up the schedule. save me the trouble of doing it :)

18. pinata242

Apr 29, 2002
    Did we get in free last work for working? I can't remember. Do we this year? What are the rules to us and spouses and kids getting in?

19. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    Same as last year. We have to buy our own tickets. We get no passes for the table. Would be nice if we did but we do not since we are not paying anything for the table space :) I will be purchasing a three day general admission. Although Saturday is looking iffy as to when exactly I can be there. Looks like my main day to work the table will have to be Sunday. Was going to take that Friday off but had to take two days off this week due to car troubles.

20. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    I'll be talking with John tomorrow about our set-up arrangements. In our original intent letter I told him a backdrop AND a table. Now that the backdrop is being replaced by the dimenionsional Logo and Banners I need to let him know and see what changes need to be made. I'm also going to clarify the pass issue just to make 100% sure...

-Gary

21. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Can't be trusted? Can't be trusted?!?!? We've got enough people who have "Darth so-n-so" as their handle to put the smack-down on your boo-tays!

;)

Just kiddin'! See youze guys there! You can trust us...

22. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Alrighty....

I spoke with John yesterday and here is the plan...

No Passes- Ed nailed that one, same set up as last year.

Set Up- Official set up starts at 1:00 on Thrusday. I will be there earlier than that for other reasons. I'll bring the dimensional logo with me there and bree is going to see about getting some table covers and skirts from Hobbly Lobby (we'll just get reimbursement from the group account later). I don't expect our props and what-not to be setup until the actual show, but everthing else (TV, DVD, and whatnot could be set up in advance).

Early Arrival on Show Dates - For whoever is manning the tables at opening on each day, this should not be a big deal. I'll be there no matter what and can make arrangements for you to get in early to set up each day. Just let me know around what time you plan to arrive and I'll meet up with you...

Friday Dinner with Kenny - Due to a clause in his contract it is almost impossible to make a set in stone arrangement with Kenny regarding any event. Due to current events (hint, hint) he has to be on a 48 hour call during this summer and fall. We are most likely just going to have to wait to ask him until he arrives. Don't put too much stock in our getting a dinner, but there is still a possibility we can do it...

I think that covers about everything. If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to post, pm, or e-mail...

-Gary

23. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I was checking the guest list for Trek Expo and guess who's name I saw.....

(dramatic pause).....

MIKE EDMONDS

LOGRAY / STAR WARS

Maybe we can set something up with Mike Edmonds and then if Kenny can come we could take both of them to dinner! That would be very cool!

Oh and Mike Edmonds is a definate confirmed guest!

24. Shadoe42

Aug 30, 2001
    Do we have an updated scedule for table watching yet? Those of us who have not signed up would greatly benefit from such a list

25. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Not to my knowledge. I believe Mike was preparing that on his own time and hosting it as well. I thought he was going to update it last night?

>>>
    EDIT: I just checked the Link posted in the other thread and so far there is NOTHING posted on who works when. This info NEEDS to get up so people can plan for next week...
    >>>

If necessary we can start another and work to keep it updated... But I see no need to re-invent the horse at the moment...

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.