main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trek Expo Backdrop

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by DarthPaul1971, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    It appears the Imperial Guardsman may have been called back to the Maw Installation!

?[face_plain]

2. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Sorry everyone I have been having some Inet probs. First things first I have been on top of this I know about what it is going to cost to make the Backdrop, it's going to run about 35 to 38 dollars(this doesn't include paint)thats new using a simpler plan of build that Gary helped out with. I'm going to make a very strong effort to call the partys that need to be called tomorrow (the 28th). Lisa I need you to pm me so we can talk about getting this paid for if we have to go new. Once again I would like to say I'm sorry for the delays but I hope to have this have the backdrop built and ready for paint in a week to 2 weeks.

3. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Excellent....once we start building it I'll get a feel for the size and then I'll have an idea for how much paint we need.

4. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    Anyone heard from Lisa lately? or is their someone else who can buy the stuff for the backdrop?

5. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    I haven't been able to reach her, and I really need to talk to her.

6. Gytheran

Gytheran Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    How's it coming?

7. Sentinel_Vash

Jun 25, 2002
    Waiting for Lisa to show herself

8. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I thought that the members of the councel were going to be able to have access to the funds. That may not have happened yet though. Billy, Mike? Had that happened yet?

9. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Is there any way the council members or a member in this case can just go and get the stuff and then get reimbursed when we hear from Lisa again.

10. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    So Council Members I come to you seeking the Councils infinite wisdom because it is getting down to crunch time for Trek Expo.

What can be done to get funds for Otto so he can get the back drop framed and built so that the painting may begin?

11. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I like Heath's idea about us just paying, if we can, and then being reimbersed. I really want this to turn out, and if we can't get in touch with Lisa soon, I think we should just do what we can with the money we can all contribute. Just my $0.02 worth though :).

12. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Pricewise, we're looking at $35-40 plus paint, is that right?

13. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I believe that is what Otto was thinking. I know that in his above post he said like $33-$38.

14. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    "I know that in his above post he said like $33-$38."

Is that in Washingtons, Benjamins, or Clevelands? 8-}

15. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Well, I personally don't hold out much hope of this getting done. I'm not gonna front the money. But there are back up plans for us to do if/when this doesn't get done. We'll still have SW stuff behind us, so no worries.

16. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    To mike2 do you listen...

To date, we have been unable to reach Lisa about funds. I am right now unable to front any funds towards the backdrop, but I can happily offer up space and building equipment over the next two weekends if needed.

However, I wonder if we have enough time to do this now. I'd hate to spend group funds and get rushed on a backdrop thats not 100% - we've did that last year... Instead, Mike2 and I have a possible "Plan B".

We will most likely have the curtains behind us again this year. If we do then Mike has a nice series of vertical Star Wars banners that will hang nicely back behind. Also, I can make a 4-6 foot diameter dimensional Logo for our group which will set in the middle of the curtain wall. With a nice table of props and stuff out front, we'll be sitting pretty and probably have a nicer display than 99% of the rest of the show...

What does everyone else think?

-Gary

17. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Under the current circumstances, I think that sounds more than adequate. It will look both wonderful and professional.

18. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    That's cool. It'll also give me more money to spend on stuff at the convention. What all are we going to be able to put on out table, and is it just one table, or more? If it's ok with my parents, I would be happy to display my lightsaber, my dad made a stand for it. Maybe we can do the fancy backdrop at another convention, or just wait til next year.

19. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    We don't need fancy backdrops :) the props we normally display speak for themselves. One thing though about display props... the key word is display..absolutely NO SELLING of props. :) that will get us into big trouble with the starbase guys.

20. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    It sounds like the back drop just never got off the ground (at least the pain staking process of building it!).

I think the PLAN B idea sounds good.

What parksabers do we have to display?
    I have a Rogue.

21. FaceLoran

Oct 10, 1999
    Do we want to have a TV/DVD/VCR combo setup, like last year?

22. Jacen_Solo81

Jacen_Solo81 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I still say we rent Otto a giant ewok suit. Then we can charge people money to throw things at him. It doesn't have to be balls or pies. Just anything handy...like a knife, or a table, or Kenny Baker, or any of those anoying trekkies [face_devil]

EDIT - I'm just kidding Otto...I would never throw Kenny Baker at you [face_devil]

23. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    I have the new version of the Shadow lightsaber. Though I will be wearing it on either Friday or Sunday with my jedi costume, you can display it all the other days :).

24. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    If we have a concensus on the big arse logo issue, then I can start getting the files prepped this week at work and probably have it whipped together this weekend...

We still need to see about table sitting during the show. Bree and I sadly will probably not be able to sit at the table due to other obligations at the show.. hint, hint... :) However, we are happy to help with set-up and take down of the space, and we won't be too far away...

-Gary

25. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    Amanda and I could table sit at the table Friday night or Saturday any time.
    Just let us know.
    Heath

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.