~~~Tremors of the Past: Production Thread~~~

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ridley Solo, Aug 17, 2011.

Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Since I couldn't change the old post (Jedi and Pirates) I went ahead and made a new one.

STORY: While returning to Coruscant after their first mission together Jedi Tonan Reiss and his apprentice Selia Makay experience a hyperdrive malfunction and are forced to make emergency repairs on the planet Liintaar. While there, they discover three space pirates in search of an ancient Jedi artifact.

SETTING: 82 BBY.

CHARACTERS
    Tonan Reiss, Jedi Knight.
    Selia Makay, Padawan.
    Ta Kator, Space Pirate.
    Jerris Yar, Space Pirate.
    Terek Brintt, Pilot.

*Preliminary Costume test, Tonan and Selia*
    [image=http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/UndercoverJedi/DSC01284.jpg]
    (Yes, I know my hair is frizzy and my stance is stiff. What can I say? I'm out of practice with the saber and need hair spray...)

SHOOTING DATES
    November 5, 12, 19: Location shooting, Vasquez Rocks.
    December 3, 10, 17: Pickups and re-shoots (location)
    January 7, 14, 21, 28: Studio work.
  2. DarthOmnious Jedi Padawan

Sounds interesting! I can't wait to see it!
  3. DarthOmnious Jedi Padawan

By the way what's the meaning behind the title anyway?
  4. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Earthquakes and visions. [face_whistling]
  5. Tevase2 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  6. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    At least two more people needed for roles....no other volunteers so far....no funds availible for set peices, costumes, transportation, or anything else...first day of filming two and a half months away...:eek:
    [face_worried] Must...not...panic.....!
    [face_hypnotized]
  7. Dags Force Ghost

star 3
    Unfortunately this already sounds like a classic "started but never finished" production - and you're still two months away from filming.

I wish you all the best with it, but with a list of "no this, no that", it doesn't sound promising.

8. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    My problem is the fact I live next door to the middle of nowhere and there is NOTHING out here for aspiring filmmakers. One class at the local college, that's it. No local cable channel studios, no workshops, no equipment to rent. Not to mention this economy has made it REALLY hard to get people to volunteer anymore, gas prices being what they are.

I will NOT give up though! [face_not_talking] My last 'film' ended up taking more than two years, but it did get done.
  9. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    CASTING BACKUP PLAN!

Ugh! It's so easy- just re-write the other two vilains to be female! :oops: I know lots of fellow girls who like Star wars (how's that for ironic?)
  10. Scott_M Jedi Master

star 4
    To make things simpler, could you condense the two characters into one?
  11. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    That is another option...[face_thinking]
  12. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    If I can show the screenplay to a couple people tomorrow I mkight be able to get a couple more actors.

Whether the villains end up being male, female, or a mix will depend on who I get first. I DO have the Jedi who will appear on hologram, however. :)

In other news costume construction is coming along well. The costume designer/possible pilot is searching thrift stores and garage sales for costume peices. The fabric has been cut out for Selia Makay's Jedi costume but cannot be sewn yet as the sewing machine has been broken for two weeks. I do have an offer to borrow one though.
  13. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Production Design has officially begun! We FINALLY have a makeshift studio secured and went out to scavenge setbuilding materials today. The Production Designer will be making working sketches of the cockpit control panel today.

In other news, we've got more leads on actors and just MIGHT have a DP; and this guy actually has experience both in filming and directing. Costume procurement continues to move along slowly but steadily. There is only one sewing machine in the production crew at the moment which is a big hindrance.
  14. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tremors-of-the-Past-A-Star-Wars-FanFilm/224603434252141
  15. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    First day of filming 17 days away! [face_dancing] Location scouting is finished! We now have three locations plus a greenscreen studio secured. Set construction started yesterday. Costume procurement is ALMOST done; we've just got holsters, a pair of pants, and boots to gather. The only props left to get/make are the blaster and a 'surprise' prop.

Rehearsals started last week and the biggest challenge is to keep everyone from goofing off. Other than that it's going well.

Our schedule at this point is location filming the first three Saturdays of November, a week off for Thanksgiving, then studio shots and any pickup location shots in early December. Post-Production is set to begin right after New Years' 2012.

HOPEFULLY we can release by early June. [face_praying]
  16. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    An actor bugged out. First day of shooting has been pushed back to December.
  17. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Quick news: second villain re-cast and has almost a complete costume, only five props left to make/buy, script readings going well, and more video storage has been acquired...all this with a month to go before filming. That's pretty darn good. :) The only thing we need to step up is set construction; still need paint, glue, and greenscreen material. Looking at cotton, fleece, and felt as options for the latter.
  18. Altureus Jedi Master

I really admire your perseverance to finish your projects. If I could, I would also make fan films and stuff too, but with school, work, and just general life, that makes it hard to do.

If you need any help with voice overs or anything really sound related, I would be willing to help. I'm aspiring to do voice acting as a side job and any and all help and work I can get to do so would be awesome. Eventually I wanna learn how to do 3d modeling, animation, and compositing but that's still a ways away. But, yeah, just message me if you want some work done.
  19. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the offer. Post-production (assuming we get everything shot by the end of the year) should start in January. :)
    Shooting is supposed to start on the 17th of December and run through the 30th, taking Christmas Eve and Christmas day off. Unless I can bribe my brother into being the sound man we'll have to do ADR. [face_frustrated] Oh, well. If we get wind we'll probably have to do ADR anyways.

I'll be getting the greenscreen and (hopefully) the rest of the props today and the studio lighting by Saturday. December's really going to be crunch time, between hammering out the script, finishing the set, and shooting. Busy, busy, busy!8-}
  20. Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah I'd like to offer you my help with post as well when you get there. I know some great people who may be willing to help out as well with a few things. Just go forth knowing it will be alright and make it the best you can!
  21. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, thank you! That would be great!

This is the month we begin filming! It begins on the 17th, may run through the 18th, and will pick up again after Christmas, running straight through 26th to 30th. IF this remains on schedule, we may be able to have a release date some time in early June of 2012.

Greenscreen, lighting, and paint have all been secured. There are only 3 items left to get and a half dosen left to make. Setbuilding will hopefully finish by Saturday (if the weather cooperates).

Production's getting close! [face_dancing]
  22. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Ten days until filming! Liking the performances coming out of the rehearsals. Our propsmaster is very busy so the props still aren't done, but I'm tackling what I can with spray paint and the hot glue gun.

This Saturday will be crunch time. Everything undone must be done by the end of that day, with the possible exception of sets, which will not be needed for another week after filming begns. Gonna go bug everybody some more.
  23. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Both cameraman and sound man have work on Saturday and the week of filming. :oops: So, slight change of plans. My tripod will be doing the work; all static shots now. An actor that's not needed in a particular scene will do the camera shake.
  24. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Weather forecast: wind 16-22 MPH. [face_worried] Ohh, crud...Maybe we can scavenge some rocks and put them at the corners of the tripod so the camera doesn't blow over...
  25. Jaren_Valnor Force Ghost

star 2
    Does your gaffer have sandbags? They work well to keep equipment up.
Moderators: AdamBertocci