main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Trench Run 9/30/06 - mark your calendars

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Nasus_Sivad, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Boba and I made a exploration into another site yesterday and discovered a hidden cache of items that our group would be interested in. It is not as large as our other trench runs but many treasures to be had at great prices. The organization that has these items is looking to sell as many as they can in one shot and then they will be distributing to their out of the area places and online to get rid of the rest. We are being offered "first" buyers rights as long as we come on one day and make our selections. The first date we could settle on was 9/30 so that we would have time to plan and make arrangements. We purchased a few items so that we could show the quality and I am currently putting together a price list so you can plan on what you would like to do. The items are much cleaner as they are just coming out of the packing boxes. If you are interested in the list prior to the meeting, PM me and we will get it to you.

So mark it in your calendar. The trip will be to Concord and is a pretty straight shot on the freeway. They want us to come early, possibly 9:00 so will be an early start. We could do lunch afterwards.

One cool thing was looking at the packing boxes and noticing that they were all addressed and sent directly to George at his ranch.

2. AuntBeruLars

AuntBeruLars Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2006
    We are so there. And I am up for a 7-7:30 start.

3. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Im there too :)

4. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Sounds great!

5. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Is there a good place for you to meet us along the way Bith or just meet up at the usual coordinates?

They did say we need to pay cash as they are not set up for credit cards and as a non profit agency, they don't want to take risks with checks. Hope this doesn't make it hard for some to attend. That is why I tried to get a price of most things so we could plan. They have some things in great numbers and others they might just have one or two. I will try to note what I seen in larger qty. Like I said, it is not large like our other vendor but they are not set up like a store. They received a large storage container full of this stuff. They are just unsure what to do with it. :) I figured we could help them out there. :)

According to them, there were problems in the distribution from the transfer people and they didn't receive a large majority of what they were suppose to, so George being big hearted sent them this other stuff. And...due to the problem, the have been placed at the top of the list for more distributions at later dates. They are willing for us to always having the first crack at what they get. :)

6. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    I am all for getting first crack. Because they are being so nice to us, I think we should go out of our way to support that decision. Whatever we do, if they ask us to arrive by a certain time, we do not want to be late. Better to arrive early. We will stay on their good side. Sounds like a good place to be.

7. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    I want to go! :D I think the 30th will finally be a date that works for me, so count me in. I sent you a PM, Nasus, about meeting up since I'm fairly close to Concord.
    Finally, something to look forward to!

8. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I will have the list to everyone that has requested it this evening. I wanted Boba to proofread and he was late getting home from the 49er game. If you have not PM me your email address, please do so and I will get it out to you. Thanks for your patience. :)

9. PadawanBeldaPinik

PadawanBeldaPinik Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2005
    Hello there, I plan on going. I have a ride scheduled to and from the place. I'll be at the meeting this Sat as well.

10. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    I don't know if you have my email address.

I'll PM it.

11. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I have emailed the list to those requesting it. Let me know if you do not receive it and I will send again.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Lets not discuss the specifics here on the boards. Lets discuss this in person at the meeting this weekend.

13. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    Will do LDV. See that is why we need your guidance. Lists are only being sent to MEMBERS. Our members need to keep them confidential. :)

Didn't mean to put so much out there but such a short time to plan and waiting until meeting time it would have cut it to only 1 week. Wanted to ensure all could try to make arrangements. :) It was my excitement....sorry. :)

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    no worries NS. I know you have it under control. ;) Its just the none members who like to lurk that I am talking to. This is a club/member specific event.

15. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    I think you are talking about me. And I am not lurking. I find that so rude. I thought this was a fan club. All you had to do is tell me that I could not go. But u have to be rude and put it out in the Forums for everyone to know.

16. rizzo3232

Oct 17, 2005
  17. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Whoa there young bison :)

Im sure no one was referring to you specifically. The only reason we keep some things private is because in the past special events have been been almost jeoparized by non members showing up without any prior contact.

We're having a meeting this Saturday, why don't you stop by and introduce yourself. Membership has its privileges :)

18. AuntBeruLars

Mar 5, 2006
    Bith_Lord is right, rizzo. Come to our meeting and make yourself at home amongst the Sacramento Valley Rogue Force.

19. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    I agree. come meet us. We are a fan club and would love for you to come join us. We are growing by the day and there is always room for one more.

20. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Easy grasshopper...like the others have said, we've almost not been allowed to do certain things because of lurkers showing up unexpectedly. If you introduce yourself at a meeting (or other event) you are in! Or, just keep posting on the boards and remind us that you exist. We tend to have short memory spans. ;)

What was I saying? OOH! Shiny!! [face_hypnotized]

21. rizzo3232

Oct 17, 2005
    I would love to come to the meeting but will be out of town this Sat. I dont mean to mess anything up u guys have going on. I would love to join. I am a huge Star Wars fan. I named my daughter Leia. Shoot. Sorry if I came off rude. Just alittle defensive

22. TheFandomMenace

TheFandomMenace Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2006
    I know you've apologized for this, Riz. (Can I call you Riz?)

However, I'd like to point out several things to you. In the past, we have had people who are not active members of the club - lurkers, if you will - who brought several guests to Rancho Obi-Wan. Now Rancho Obi-Wan is the home of Steve Sansweet, the Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm. Mr. Sansweet was nice enough to invite a SMALL GROUP of us to go view his collection of Star Wars memorobilia - the largetst and I believe most expensive such collection in the world. On occasion and BY INVITATION ONLY, Mr. Sansweet is known to give small group tours. He does this not only because many of the item's he has are of incredible value, but many are delicate and wonderful one of a kind treasures fans have sent him.

These "lurkers" decided, without communicating to any of us beforehand, to take the directions and information we'd posted on the boards and show up that very day at Rancho Obi-Wan. Sufficed to say, we had several embarassing minutes ensue while we explained to Mr. Sansweet why instead of the permissable vanful of people we were bringing, a veritable busload of unannounced guests arrived. Don't you think showing up at the house of a "friend of a friend" for a nice dinner party unnanounced would be in incredible bad taste? Can you understand how that not only had the potential to hurt our relationship with Mr. Sansweet, but with Lucasfilm as a whole? Think of the ramifications of that. A bunch of fans couldn't follow a simple set of directions to visit the head of fan relations personal collection - you think Mr. Lucas or anyone else would like to be inclined to get involved with fans like that again? It's not just "you or us", but fans as a whole.

This is why certain things are referred to "in code"... it's not because we want to ostracize you - and believe me, it's not like you're the only person on the boards who lurks - in fact it's quite the opposite. It is because we have to take certain steps to make sure things are taken care of in an orderly fashion. We'd love to have "any of you lurkers" out there come and join in on the fun. We just ask that you come to a meeting and say hi! And furthermore, you're response merely implies that you have reason to feel guilty for "lurking". If you've done nothing to warrant such embarassment or guilt (over what is a grossly mispercieved slight) then don't turn what was a simple note of why the secrey was necessary:

Into a personal slight against you. By "calling LDV out" you initiated all the possible "shame and humiliation" imaginable. So please, if you feel upset by something like that... don't shoot yourself in the foot. PM the person and talk to them in private rather then bring your "dirty laundry" out into a public fourm.

Again, we'd love to have anyone who's "lurking" ... long time or short time, doesn't matter .... come join our wonderful group. We're not such bad folks, but you can know that and we can't know you if you don't "get in the game". (thanks Dr. Phil!)

Hope to see lots of new faces soon!

- The Sacramento Valley Rogue Force: All Species Welcome

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Well said TFM ... well said. Your words, along with everyone else?s should show the rest of the groups, what I already know to be the truth. The greatest group of Star Wars fans in the galaxy are the Rogues from the Sacramento area. I thank you all for your input and support here. Thanks for circling the X-Wings and A-Wings around your leader. But, I have never shied away from handling problems in certain situations and don't plan to now.

Rizzo3232, you and I have chatted about this type of event in the past via PMs. After fully explaining the situation regarding these events, and member's privileges, I was under the impression you understood why certain information regarding these events were not discussed on the open boards due to ?lurkers.? Apparently, I was wrong to think that. So, since you have taken it upon yourself to jump to conclusions and call me ?rude? for my comments regarding lurkers I will explain myself. Everyone has briefly told you what transpired last year with our trip to the home of Steve Sansweet?s Star Wars collection. The SVRF was granted a private tour of the world?s largest and greatest Star Wars collection. Mr. Sansweet told me himself he only likes to have 15 people at the most touring his collection at a time. He told me it gets overwhelming after 15. The mistake I made last year was trusting in the buddy system on the public boards here. I placed the information on the forums as to the where and when the SVRF were meeting to make the trek to Sansweet?s Rancho Obi-Wan. When we all started arriving at the check point, instead of having a head count of 15 people, it had now ballooned to 26. The SVRF did apologize for not following Sanstweets requests. I know, because I was the one who personally apologized to Mr. Sansweet. Talk about a low point in my leadership of the SVRF. Having to apologize, before the tour of the greatest Star Wars collection, even started to the man, in the Star Wars universe I admire second only to Lucas himself. I was just very thankful that other people?s selfish motives didn?t ruin the SVRF?s relationship with Mr. Sansweet and Lucasfilm. So you see Rizzo when I speak of lurkers, I am speaking of specific people that I know who still to this day watch the boards in hopes of obtaining information about our next Sansweet tour, or other ?special trench runs.? These same people I speak of Rizzo, who showed up and partook in the Sansweet tour last year, have never had the decency to post comments on the boards, or attend one of the SVRF meetings or events. And trust me, as long as I am leader of the SVRF, these people will NEVER get another chance to tour the Sansweet collection or go on Trench Runs with the SVRF. I have a long memory and hold a very VERY long grudge. I?m Irish ? nuff said. Events such as the Sansweet tour are open to SVRF members first, and then non-members second. But as for you Rizzo, you have those people beat already. You?ve posted on the boards, shown an interest in making the meetings, and in wanting to be a Rogue. So relax big guy ? it wasn?t directed towards you, or any of the ?listed? Rogues and peeps who post here. ;)

24. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That was probably one of the longest posts I have read in a long while (can't believe I made it through it!) and coming from our illustrious leader, it makes me proud.
    I thought I might make this Trench Run, but events have transpired that make it impossible.
    So have a good time anyways and know that the Hawk is flying with you in spirit. :)

25. TheFandomMenace

TheFandomMenace Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2006
    Mesa happy to be of service!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.