main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *TRIAD* J/J, L/M/B, H/L, TK/J, etc... (Chapter 2) 11/23

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trepidation, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    TRIAD

[image=http://images12.fotki.com/v236/photos/4/43264/149887/TRIAD1-vi.jpg]

This is the third installment of the Trilogy.

The first of the three part story is CONDUIT.

The second was entitled DARK DIPLOMACY.

While reading from the beginning would, certainly, enhance your absorption of the entire story, it is not imperative. For those who have been following along, TRIAD takes place five years post DARK DIPLOMACY. Essentially, the time frame is reflective of approximately 11 years after THE UNIFYING FORCE by James Luceno from the NJO series.

TRIAD is rife with action, romance, tempered mush, humor and good fun. You?ll find all your favorite canon characters with the addition of some new ones that are indicative of the Star Wars genre. Just because you don?t see your favorites in the dramatis personae, don?t be discouraged. I didn?t list everyone. It spoils the surprise.

Also, in a departure from the norm, I put together a Windows Media File that provides a bit of a preview of TRIAD. It is placed just below the scribed Dramatis Personae, along with my disclaimer on copyright(s) and trademark(s).

I hope you enjoy what bounces around in my pointy little head.
    Cheers,
    Trep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Jagged Fel; Ambassador, co-owner Indigo Sky (male human)
    Jaina Solo-Fel; Jedi Master (female human)
    Mindrea Fel; daughter (female human)
    Jodin Fel; (male human)
    Tahiri Veila-Lorrisay; Jedi Master (female human)
    Shaud Lorrisay; Jedi Master, Intelligence, co-owner Indigo Sky (male human)
    Symerra Lorrisay; daughter (female human)
    Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male human)
    Mara Jade Skywalker; Jedi Master (female human)
    Ben Skywalker; Jedi Knight (male human)
    Han Solo; Captain, Millennium Falcon (male human)
    Leia Solo; Jedi Knight, Co-pilot, Millennium Falcon (female human)
    Jacen Solo; Jedi Master (male human)
    Tenel Ka-Solo; Jedi Master (female human)
    Devor solo; (male human)
    Lando Calrissian; Entrepreneur (male human)
    Tendra Calrissian; Entrepreneur (female human)
    Wedge Antilles; (male human)
    Iella Antilles; (female human)
    Cal Omas; Chief of State (male human)
    Talon Karrde; Entrepreneur (male human)
    Shada D?ukal; Entrepreneur (female human)
    Saba Sebatyne; Jedi Master (female Barabel)
    Tesar Sebatyne; Jedi Knight (male Barabel)
    Kyp Durron; Jedi Master (male human)
    Lowbacca; Jedi Knight (male Wookiee)
    Valin Horn; Jedi Knight (male human
    Corran Horn; Jedi Master (male human)
    General Grievous Shakar (Cybernetic Kaleesh)
    Ak?Bermain; Protector (male Noghri)
    Artoo; Vale; Conduit; C3PO-- Droids
    ?And a nice accompaniment of Cameos from some of your other favorites.

The Windows Media File can be reached HERE...

DISCLAIMER: A couple things about copyright. First and foremost, I am not claiming ownership of any of the characters or images or sounds on the WV. However, I would point out that the attached file AND fanfic, very well, could fall under the category of "parody." Such designations are protected under the Fair Use Doctrine and the various case law precedents that continue to mold those US Federal Statutes. Addtionally, I consider my Paint Shop Pro images to be transformative in nature, being that they were altered to represent my interpretation of the fic. That, also, is protected under the Fair Use Doctrine with limitations. Finally, the overall project is a transformative issue as it reflects on a fic that I wrote, using characters created by others, and owned by others. There is no

2. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    TRIAD

CHAPTER ONE

"The Force is Life & Lives Continue in the Force"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Ossus Planetary System; MedCenter)

?Push.?

?I would endeavor to do so it you would stop hawking over me and making the suggestion.? The strained voice returned.

Perspiration poured down her brow and coated her neck. The knuckles of her strong hand gripped the bar beside her with such ferocity that the area most exposed was ghost white in the effort.

?You?re doing fine.? He didn't know if she was or wasn't. He took Master Cilghal's non-expression as a guide post.

?Fine?? She responded while taking just a fraction of a moment to hammer home the disagreement with an acidic stare and raised voice. ?You call this fine??

?Just a while longer.? It seemed like the right thing to say. He hoped it would only be a while longer.

A grunt of pain punctuated the support. ?Longer is not the problem. Wider is the problem.?

Silence followed, and despite her remarks showing the contrary, she needed to hear him at her side. A quick glance to her coach was made to determine the hold-up. A serene proud face returned.

?You?re running that extra kilometer, sweetheart.? He said calmly with a slight knowing grin. ?You don?t think you have any more left within you. But, you push on just the same, knowing the feeling of personal accomplishment that stands waiting for you at the finish. It is just another race. One will start the race, and two will finish.?

Tenel Ka paused just a moment and a sly grin evolved as she pushed with all she could find. ?That?is?what?I?need from?you.? The grin remained through the tremendous pain as she channeled all those punishing runs of early morning. She loved the effort and the benefit of a good run. It would help her here now; it caused the warrior Jedi to love such runs even more.

Master Cilghal put up her webbed hand to halt the efforts as Tenel Ka relaxed for what she knew would be too short a pause. She managed to glance to Jacen, annoying grin and all.

?What are you wearing?? She said detestably while closing her eyes to summon more strength.

?I was helping my Dad with the Falcon when I got word.? He replied while looking down over the mask and to his grease covered jumpsuit. ?The markings you see reflect hard work.?

?Bad timing is, probably, a more accurate account.?

Jacen chuckled. ?Yeah, that too.? He responded recalling the lubricant shower he received. He would give her the free shots at his libido if it meant that his son would soon arrive. In fact, he was enjoying the expression of emotion she levied. It was such a change from her usual control.

Having worked into an ever shortening rhythm, Cilghal did not need to alert the mother-to-be when to start pushing again. She had plenty of stimuli that seemed to announce that instance with vigor.

?Last time.? The Mon Calamari said softly.

?I will hold you to ?THAT.? The Hapan Jedi said with emphasis while rocking forward and gaining another grip on the bar of the birthing repulsor chair.

?Professional courtesy would dictate a five standard minute head start if I am wrong.? The Master healer responded without looking up.

Jacen put his hand on his wife?s forehead and closed his eyes while Tenel Ka pushed through her abdomen for all she was worth. She managed to open her eyes in the strain and glance up to her husband.

?Why have? you? not been?doing? that? all along?? She asked incredulously, as the pain dissipated significantly to his touch.

?I wasn?t thinking.? Jacen said sheepishly. He had been so excited about the arrival of a new Solo that he had neglected to see if he could lessen the pain through the Force. It would have served him better to be more creative in his answer.

?I am giving you a two standard minute head start.? She strained through the push. ?You are no where near professio

3. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Nice beginning :) What did Jag do that made Mindrea so disgusted?

4. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Better left to the imagination... :eek:

5. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    YAY!!! You started it!!! It's great. Definitly worth the anticipation.

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

S.

6. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Awesome start, Trep! I'm enjoying the way you're setting up everyone's stories since DD...

Your portrayal of Mindrea is particularly nuanced.

Excellent!

oldj

7. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    It has Begun!
    Aww, baby Solo has arrived already. Happy days all around- love that. :)
    :) Laughed at Mindrea's comments about Jag's calls, and that she'd listened to one of them and regretted it and that Jag was as uncomfortable with that as she was. :)
    Like the way you included just enough info on what's happened to get us up to date again.
    Great job,
    Zetta

8. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    I think once I get a free couple of years, I'll read your stories, but for now I'll jsut have to drop in to remind you to please send your story info to the Jaina_Jag_Index. And I promise one day I'll read all of your sure to be lovely works.

9. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    Yeah, I started it...Hope I don't let you down...Personally, I like this one better than DD.

Yeah, first chapter is, basically, bringing everyone back into the fold. I'm glad you singled out Mindrea...she's a real corker in this episode. Smart mouth and all...
    Glad you liked...

Glad your excited...but I have to warn you...I won't be putting up daily posts on this one...Probably only about three a week. Sorry... :eek: However, I will, probably have at least one other story going at the same time...

No hurry...and by the way, I didn't have to be prodded this time...I already sent the info to the Jaina_Jag Index...

Cheers,
    Trep

10. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Here goes another one... :D

Its going to be really interesting to see the girls a bit older.
    And if you're not posting daily... well that gives me time to catch up! :)

11. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    More interesting to write as well. You can breeze over a three year old without really dwelling on their personality. Now they're nine years old and (more real). Mindrea is Jaina in a smaller wrap. It's kind of funny to watch Jaina realize what a pain she was by reliving through vicarious eyes. Symerra turned out to be a lot like Kyp (not sure how)...and Cinya turned into more of an intellect...

And, yeah, I'm going to spread the posts out as opposed to everyday...

12. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    Trep,

Congrats on starting Triad!

Does Mara have a mama?

And I liked the master pairings, when I read the teaser I was trying to guess and was off the mark (Mindrea & Kyp, Symerra & Jaina and Cinya & Tahiri).

:D Baby Solo!

Han's knack for nicknames is sweet; Sparks & Firebrand !!

'night
    JaY

13. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    CHAPTER 2

"One Steps Back; Three Step Forward"

(Ossus Planetary System)

Luke felt the discomfiture in his wife, even, before he entered the residence. There was an offset of relief, perhaps, associated with resolving some issue in her mind. However, there was no small presence of turmoil and concern wafting off of her in the process. It had caused him to shorten his usual administrative duties, and enter into a purposeful stride to offer whatever she needed from him.

?You win.? She said with a jagged edge as he walked in the door and moved directly into the living quarters. Mara sat in a meditation position with eyes closed and both palms up on her out pointing knees.

?What did I win?? Luke said carefully. He recognized the mood, and it rarely played to his benefit.

?We?re going back.? Mara responded as her eyes remained closed.

Luke paused, hoping he understood what she implied. He moved forward and, quietly, settled into a matching position directly facing her. He said nothing, but waited patiently for Mara to expand.

?You?re right.? She finally offered. ?Yoda?s right.? She exhaled. ?Everyone seems to be right but, yours truly.?

?You are willing to return to Thule?? He asked while trying to remain neutral in his tone.

Mara chuckled and opened one eye to study Luke?s, not too neutral, expression. ?No gloating, farmboy.? She said while closing her eye again. ?It?s time for me to face my most ardent and unrelenting enemy.? The last was said softly. ?Me.?

?I?ll be by your side the entire time.? Luke replied just as softly while sending comfort and serenity to her in the Force.

Mara exhaled in the wonderful strength she felt in him. ?I am counting on that.? She paused. ?I will need that.?

Luke nodded even though her eyes remained closed. She could feel his honesty; he knew that.

?You were not ready in our last visit.? Luke said softly. ?It was quite a shock for me. I could not imagine how you felt.?

?Oh, I think you had a pretty solid idea of what I felt.? Mara chuckled nervously. ?If I recall, we had to hold each other up until the emotions subsided and I could collect enough control to run.?

Mara had taken off like a shot, and Luke had spent the remainder of the day trying to catch up with her. At first, it was a necessity to offer her comfort. Eventually, it became a need to assure that she did not do anything rash. He had found her in a ball on the floor of the Jade Shadow. There was redness in her yes, and an expression that reflected shock, turmoil, and fear. It was a Mara that had never visited the light of day before.

Eventually, the overt qualities of her actions were overcome by embarrassment, and she closed up to him. It had taken a long time, and a wealth of patience to find scant pieces of the Mara he knew most intimately. It was not the first time he had been down that path with her. He remembered the steps conclusively of the long road taken to find love and compatibility.

?No matter what we will discover about your family.? Luke said softly. ?It will not change what I feel. It will not change the love of your husband or your son.?

?I?m not so sure.?

?I am.? Luke said louder and with more conviction. ?Do I have to remind you that I fell in love with a woman who made a habit of professing that she was going to kill me??

A single eye opened again just below a hanging red bang of hair. ?You have always been a glutton for punishment.?

?I still am.? Luke said with a warm smile. ?Our son takes after his father. I suppose that makes him just as naïve.?

Now both eyes opened, and the corners of them smiled. ?He has his mother?s qualities as well.?

Luke nodded. ?He should come with us.?

Mara stared, and the smile in her green eyes dissipated quickly. She shook her head slowly. ?I am afraid of what we will learn.? She said warily. ?I sense that it will not

14. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    You've got a great handle on Mara. I look forward to seeing her face her demons.
    Loved the descriptions of the threesome sparring against Luke. Sounds like they do pretty well. :)
    I'm sure everyone is awaiting the day they do better than Luke. :)
    I'll confess I'm disappointed that this one won't be getting the daily updates, but I suppose I'll have to follow along any way. ;)
    Can't wait for more,
    Happy Turkey Day if you're from the US,
    Zetta

15. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    ZETTA:
    You've got a great handle on Mara. I look forward to seeing her face her demons.

I thought it would be interesting to uncover some of Mara's familial past...and worked it into the plot...She's one of my favorite characters... I like the good guys who have less of a buffer zone, and fewer pacifist tendencies...

Loved the descriptions of the threesome sparring against Luke. Sounds like they do pretty well. :)
    I'm sure everyone is awaiting the day they do better than Luke. :)

They discover a number of new things that they can do together...Luke seems to be amused and delighted each time...That's why he took a personal interest...plus a push from the Force...But, wait until they interact with a fourth [face_shhh]

I'll confess I'm disappointed that this one won't be getting the daily updates, but I suppose I'll have to follow along any way. ;)

You can, always, get a near daily dose of my tripe from THIS...

Thanks for the feedback zetta.

Trep

16. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    This fic will be on hold for a couple of weeks while THIS ONE can be completed. Then, things will start rolling again.

Thanks and goodnight. Drive carefully.
    Trep

17. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    *Taps foot* It's been more than a few weeks, Trep. And I demand that you multitask and post Triad too. There is such a dearth of good J/J fiction on the boards that I think we need some to bring back hope that Jaina is in fact a human being under her self imposed layers of chitin.

...And I'm really looking forward to Grievous. You know how much I love him. [face_love][face_love]

It's hard to drive through all the muck (imported from Naboo, no less). But I'm keeping an eye out for roadside hazards.

18. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    ughhhh...

Thank goodness I have a better insurance plan than TK...I can't imagine childbirth without an epidural...but other than that, quite an accurate picture. It's nice to see J&TK in a story and together and happy. Thank you for that.

Of course it works for me because you've made Tahiri happy [face_love].

I'm still catching up...I'll get there soon

19. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    ::eyes around::

It's been so more than a couple of weeks, Trep. Let's go! I like this Jaina and Jag...she needs some kind of happy.

20. TrillianTK

TrillianTK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2005
    Trep, you master of romance,
    I have to admit that I just realized I'd read this saga last year, and never delurked. So sorry. Quite funny in retrospect though. But now, I'll say that I really enjoyed the series and can't wait for you to update. Which you should. Now.

21. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Wow, trep, open with a birth and continue on to little kids seeing innuendo.

Truly, thou art the master of Romance. And other things.

This is a great fic.
    Tu amiga,

Tris

22. Trepidation

Aug 3, 2005
    [image=http://images16.fotki.com/v273/photos/4/43264/149887/bikini-vi.jpg]

23. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

S.