main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Trial By Fire: An AU of ROTS A different choice is made by Obi-Wan on Mustafar. Updated 11/30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    man ur one hell of a brilliant author. love to see obi-wan kick sidious' arse witha lightsaber, but is it possible? is kenobi that strong? good work..keep it up

2. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    C-3PO rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still am mad at Padme though.
    Anakin, sighable dude.
    Obi is so pathetic all the time.
    You are a REALLY gripping and realistic author.

tapping fish
    and
    fade

3. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Great post, looks like Obi-Wan's got to make some terrible choices. I only hope he can rescue Yoda, he could do with his guidance.

4. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Excellent update. But why do I get the feeling that poor Obiwan will have many challenging decisions ahead of him? But one advantage is that Anakin is not in any physical condition to turn all sithly on us, and to some degree, Obiwan can influence the speed of his physical recovery by determining what treatment he gets.

Plus, I've always wondered what it would be like if Obiwan had become a member of the fledgling rebellion instead of hiding out on Tatooine, so I look forward to where you take this.

5. timerift22

timerift22 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    aaaaaaaaaaaaa

i was waiting for ani's reaction but would yoda want obi to risk trying to save him i think obi want the kids on alderaan but i think ani should know if he reacts okay

red button dont push the red button course he wont anyway its just not in his character to not favor life

lol threepio philophysizing about identities? wam bam that is so funny

Snow

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I have mixed feelings about Obi-Wan hiding Luke and Leia from Anakin. Though I do respect what a difficult choice it was for him to make.

if it means anything I still believe in you. Just don?t let me down next time

I hope Obi is right.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    I was away for the weekend, so I'm just now getting a chance to reply. Wonderful! =D= I love how you're portraying Obi-Wan's decision-making process. His thoughts are unique, but ring true. I think many Obi fans, including myself, want to portray him as this noble, all-forgiving warrior and forget about his human frailties. Great job on showing us just how human and prone to mistakes he is. It makes him a much more interesting character, imho.

8. DarthCambius

DarthCambius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2007
    Anakin should be the one to help Obi-Wan rescue Yoda. Obi can not do it on his own and it would be a perfect way for Anakin to prove the Dark Side no longer holds him in its sway.

9. tamiki

tamiki Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Great description of Obi-wans agony and doubts in Anakin.
    Please add me to your PM list

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great update. Your characters emotions are very realistic. Great writing. :)

11. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Will be updating this by Monday

12. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Gkilkenny Obi-Wan couldn't bring himself to kill him on Mustafar and couldn't push that button. Only time will tell if his faith in Anakin will be justified and that he was worth saving. Saving Yoda is indeed ambitious for Obi-Wan and is a much better alternative than the choice Yoda and Obi-Wan made at the end of ROTS. Obi-Wan won't be alone, he still has Anakin and any survivors who are left...

Megacrafter2 It was awfully tempting to push that button. Am glad he didn't. As far as Anakin finding out about his children and what happens to Yoda, you will have to read to see.

Fitjedi C3P0 is the voice of reason to justify Anakin's innocence. With what is ahead, the burden will be on Obi-Wan's shoulders with the very fate of the galaxy in his hands. Hopefully he will be able to handle it and make the right choices.

Ratna No he didn't bond with them because he was put in the tank before they were born. He doesn't even know they were twins, was expecting only one child. I do hope Anakin and Obi-Wan can restore their bond. C3P0 is indeed a voice of reason, but for all long.

torontojedimaster Thanks for reading and remember u from my SWG days. Having Anakin survive and not be badly burned was a motivation to write this. He did lose more limbs and will have to be patched together. Am glad you enjoyed the dialogue between C3P0 and Obi-Wan, he can be logical when he's not annoying. Obi-Wan is going after Yoda and I hope your wrong about Anakin because he is going to need him.

son-of-kenobi Obi-Wan will certainly have to face many daunting challenges. I do think he is good enough to take on Sidious, but we'll see.

Mujapple-juicey Am glad you enjoyed and thanks for reading.

Ascal_Elessar Obi-Wan does have some choices ahead. Saving Yoda will not be easy, but if anyone could do it, it would be him.

Darth_nellie Obi-Wan will be facing many challenges. Don't estimate Anakin's strength because he is strong in the Force. Am honestly not sure if this will be a rebellion or whether Obi-Wan tries to finish what Master Windu started. We'll see.

timerift22 Yoda probably would not want Obi-Wan to risk coming after him. But Obi-Wan is not the type to go down without a fight. Obi-Wan couldn't bring himself to push the red button, but did listen to the droid give good reason.

kelia Hiding his children from him wasn't an easy to choice to make, but it had to be done. I too hope Anakin won't let Obi-Wan down, but most importantly not let himself down.

p_stotts Thanks for your feedback. Obi-Wan is certainly handling making the big decisions well. Too bad he isn't really running in this election of 2008 because he would win in a landslide. He is very noble and respected, which will make it much easier for him to make the choices he will have to make in the coming updates. He is only human afterall and does make mistakes. But we all do and thats all apart of life. Its how u bounce back from those mistakes is what really matters and so far Obi-Wan has proven over and over again that he's capable of doing that.

darthcambius I think your right. Anakin has much to prove if he truly wishes redemption.

tamiki Glad you enjoyed and will happily add you to the pm list.

sara_kenobi Thanks for your feedback. I tried to make it as realistic as possible and true to their characters. I hope you will continue to enjoy this story as future updates are added.

Thanks again for all of your feedback

13. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Sorry for the delay in posting this update but have been irl volunteering for the upcoming election. Also at the end of all future updates, I'll be putting a trivia question from the book Obsessed With Star Wars.

Obi-Wan gestured for Senator Organa to join him and take a seat at the conference table to discuss his plan. Clearly what he?d said gave Senator Organa hope, but he hadn?t anticipated how his declaration to save Yoda had inspired him as well. After everything he?d just gone through with Anakin and Padme, it made him feel good to get back up on his feet and do some good again.

However; the task of saving Yoda and restoring the Republic would be a daunting challenge. He and Anakin might very well be the last Jedi Knights left and that put the fate of the galaxy in their hands. Obi-Wan was fit for duty, but his former apprentice was not. Anakin would have to overcome his physical injuries, his grief over Padme, and lastly his guilt for falling to the dark side. Obi-Wan knew he could not save Yoda and the Republic without him, but he was also painfully aware of Anakin?s betrayal and that it might happen again.

A new bond of trust would have to be made between them.

It would not be easy, especially for Obi-Wan, to forgive and forget and what Anakin had done. But the fate of the galaxy hung in the balance and with the promise he made to Padme that he would watch over Anakin. After what happened he knew Anakin would need him more than ever and could only pray that his former apprentice would be able to recover from what had happened to him.

Regardless; Obi-Wan had to do something before Palpatine firmly seized control of the Republic and broke any resistance to his rule. The Galactic Empire would have a firm grasp of the core worlds, but the outer rim would take him much longer to pacify under the Imperial regime. The war might be over, but Obi-Wan knew it would not take much to push the galaxy to brink of another civil war. Like Count Dooku before him, he could orchestrate a new rebellion and was tempted to do just that.
    But he immediately dismissed the idea as foolhardy at best because; firstly he had no army, secondly it would not deal directly Sidious, and lastly would go against the ideals that he was sworn to protect. The only choice was to try again to dispose Palpatine in much the same way Master Windu had done. He would have to regroup with any Jedi survivors who were left and act quickly before Palpatine could firmly entrench himself as emperor. By disposing him now, his reign of terror could be quickly put to an end and the Republic could be restored in its place. It was dangerous, but if there was to be any future for Anakin?s children, the Imperial threat would have to be dealt with now. Otherwise their generation and their children?s generation would have to deal with it.

With so much at stake, Obi-Wan couldn?t just walk away without a fight. Like Jedi Knights of the Old Republic, he would take it upon himself to make things right and do whatever it takes to defeat Darth Sidious. It was his sacred duty as a Jedi to dispose Palpatine and it was clear to him now that only the Jedi stood in his way from the Sith Lord achieving unlimited power. Like Jedi Knights of the Old Republic, he would take it upon himself to make things right and do whatever it takes to defeat Darth Sidious and restore balance to the Force.

?Did Yoda leave any mandates for you before he went on his mission??

?He did,? Senator Organa confirmed as he pulled out his pocket a navy blue pouch and gave it to him before he took his seat. ?He told me to give that to you if anything went wrong. He said that you would know what to do with it and it would guide you any guidance that you might need.?

Obi-Wan took it appreciatively. His curiosity was too much for him to wait to see what it was and pulled open the strings of the pouch. He then carefully upended the bag until a small blue cube slid out into his hand. Obi-Wan gasped as he realized that Yoda had just entrusted him

14. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    alderaanprincess
    ascal_elessar
    blubeast1237
    darthcambius
    darth_nellie
    darthvaderette
    egkenobi
    fitjedi
    gkilkenny
    kelia
    megacrafter2
    petrakenobi
    p_stotts
    ratna
    son-of-kenobi
    tamiki
    timerift22
    torontojedimaster

15. megacrafter2

megacrafter2 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    interesting, even if not much happened, thou obi been GM is cool

for the quiz, i'm going to go with B. Captain Yorr, even thou now that i'v said that i bet you it will be the Colonel

16. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I like it.[face_dancing]
    Obi-Wan the Grand Master. Yoda had more faith in him than Qui-Gon.:cool:

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm glad to see Luke and Leia will not be separated. Luke will certainly benefit from not being on Tatooine.

Obi as Grand Master was a brilliant move on Yoda's part, though I still hope he can be rescued and I hope Obi-Wan is able to gather the few remaining Jedi together.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    I'm going to go with C, and respectfully ask for a PM next time you update. This is a really good story. :)

19. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Wow! :eek: You finally updated! ;) ;) Just kidding. Great post! Obi-
    Wan is under so much pressure. Giving the twins to Bail was something I didn't see coming, but after reading Obi-Wan's reasons for that decision, I agree. My only worry is whether or not it is best to lie to Anakin about their fate. Having his children nearby would give him a great amount of comfort while dealing with Padme's death. Thinking he lost both his wife and children due to his fall to the dark side will make healing that much more difficult and tricky. Good luck to Obi-Wan, who now must bear the brunt of his decision.

Thanks for the PM!! :D Loved it!

20. DarthCambius

DarthCambius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2007
    Bail has both twins....nice twist

21. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Wow,, I still have my doubts about Obi-Wan not telling Anakin about his children- I really do think this will come back to bite him in the butt later on down the line.
    Great as always!

22. alderaanprincess

alderaanprincess Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 9, 2008
    yay! I never liked Luke and Leia being seperated. Nice update

23. PetraKenobi

PetraKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    I can understand Bail's anger and being upset. It'd make me mad too. great update. :)

24. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Truly epic.

Just read from the beginning. What a great premise.

Your writing style is quite enjoyable. Amazing attention to detail without being too wordy.

Wow... Yoda has left Obi with such an incredible responsibility.

Please add me to the pm list.

25. JonnyOizumi

JonnyOizumi Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2008
    Nice. Real nice. But you do have some grammar mistakes. Not to sound like a spelling monster, but...

?He is not,? Obi-Wan snapped back. ?She died due to complications of her pregnancy

Add a period.

?I was sent to Mustafar to confront him and if possible bring him back to the dark side.
    Bringing him back to the dark side when Anakin is a Sith Apprentice? I think you meant light side.

Other than that, you are an amazing writer. Keep it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.