main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Trial By Fire: An AU of ROTS A different choice is made by Obi-Wan on Mustafar. Updated 11/30

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Milteck, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilteckII

MilteckII Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2008
    Answer was C: Logs.

All the other items used were not successful in bringing them down.

Next Question:

What color was Darth Vader's lightsaber blade

A. Blue
    B. Green
    C. Yellow
    D. Red

This one is not as easy as you might think, good luck and will updating this story next week.

2. JonnyOizumi

JonnyOizumi Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2008
    Bow Chicka Bow Wow.

A: Blue.

3. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Eek! Poor Yoda, I really hope he survives this.

4. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    The Answer is D: Red

When Darth Vader is in the suit, he only uses a red blade

5. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Thank you all for your feedback

Megacrafter2 Wrong on the trivia question. Yoda still has one ear... Hopefully he can be saved before he loses another one.

Lolly_Tolly I hope Obi-Wan does too. You are correct on the trivia question, it is C

epithree Sidious is truly evil, but he is a Sith Lord but it is expected. Yoda will be strong, hopefully he will be able to endure until he can be rescued.

Gkilkenny Lol, lopsided. That's a problem I had not foreseen!
    Yoda can handle losing an ear, its his life I'm worried about. Sidious is evil and torturing Jedi is how he passes his time.

p_stotts The answer to yourn question will be answered in the next update. Sidious suspects nothing. At least not not yet.

darthcambius You are correct on the trivia question. Sidious sure needs to count his blessing. Once Yoda is freed, Sidious will wish he'd never been born.

petrakenobi Hopefully Yoda will be ok.

Fitjedi Sidious is very sadistic and deserves to pay for what he has done. I hope Yoda will be ok.

Kelia Am glad you enjoyed the update. The answer to the trivia is C.

Ratna The answer to your question will be answered with the next update.

Ascal_elessar Yoda will endure... Hopefully he can until he is rescued.

Thanks again for the feedback

6. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Polis Massan
    Medical Ward

For what seemed like eternity, Anakin?s dreams were consumed with guilt for betraying the Jedi Order and becoming Darth Vader. He had become what he?d swore to destroy and now was responsible for destroying the Jedi Order, allowing Darth Sidious to seize total control of the Republic, and choked the life out of his beloved wife Padme. He had felt her die. With her gone, he no longer had the will to live and wished that Obi-Wan had not saved him. He should?ve been left him to burn on Mustafar. It?s what he deserved.

The pain of her loss was unbearable.

The grief was too much for him to bear.

Yet he was still alive, to be tormented forever by what he?d done.

The nightmare was far from over?

A jolt awakened him from his nightmare, only to find himself trapped in another ? floating helplessly in a bacta tank with both his legs gone and missing half of his arm missing. It took him a few moments to remember what had happened, as well as the bitter memories of falling to the dark side and the death and destruction he was responsible for. At least Obi-Wan had spared him from being burned and he was thankful for that.

His eyes focused on the cloaked figure standing in front of the bacta tank and recognized him as Obi-Wan. Trepidation filled him because he could feel that he had bitterly disappointed his former master and that his betrayal hurt him deeply. Obi-Wan had always been there for him and stood by his side to defend him from both Separatists trying to kill him and from the Jedi Council who frequently were trying to expel him from the Order. But his betrayal was not what stung him the most; it was casting his lot with Palpatine and becoming his Sith Apprentice that really burned him. He could see it in his eyes that his heart was broken and that the bond of trust between them was shattered.

Master Kenobi gestured to the black floating medical droid who entered a series of commands into the panel of the bacta tank that ended its regeneration cycle. Without warning Anakin felt all the tubes and hoses that were inserted into him tear away that caused him to cry out in pain. A hatch under the tank then opened and all the bacta drained quickly out followed by sucking Anakin down with it. This was the first time he had ever been placed in a bacta tank and was unprepared for the experience as he slid down the long clear tube that was coated by the slimy bacta fluid.

He tried to flail what was left of his limbs to control his plunge down the tube, but was unable to control his downward momentum at all due to being a cripple. It was horrifying to look down at his severed legs that still were scarred from the bad burns he received on Mustafar and the sharp pain he felt every time the scar tissue brushed the tube he was sliding down. He lost his other arm as well, forcing him to use his one remaining arm to help guide him through the tube. It made him feel helpless, and wished they had given him new limb replacements before putting him in the tank. But the wounds he suffered on Mustafar forced him to receive the Bacta treatment immediately and made it impossible to stay with Padme while she attempted to give birth to their child. Her death again hit him hard, feeling a wave of depression flow over him as he agonized over causing it. It made him stop trying to control his slide down the bacta tube and simply give in to his fate ? whatever it now might be. He no longer cared what happened to him once he reached the other side.

The tube then finally emptied into a pool of bacta that he slid directly into, making a large splash as he dropped into it. His body was naturally buoyant in the fluid, making him immediately rise back up to the top. He took in many gasps of air as he used his one remaining arm to flail over the water helplessly as a large claw descended down from the ceiling to retrieve him. He hated being this helpless and continued to flail in the water in protest of his condition. The ominous claw made a clanking sound as it retracted do

7. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    ?Ouch.? Anakin cried out in irritation in response to the medical protocol droid that poked the sharp needle against his forefinger to configure his new hand. The new appendages were remarkable because they were designed to be more than just limb replacements, but allow him to feel sensations of pleasure and pain. They were grafted directly with his nervous system and had on board processors that allowed each appendage to receive signals directly from his brain. It almost felt like he had never been crippled at all and felt fortunate that only scars would remain from the burns.

?How do you feel?? Obi-Wan asked with concern clearly present in his voice.

?Terrible.? Anakin replied in a sour mood. The medical droid reported finished his final evaluation and reported that all systems were now operating sufficiently. Anakin clinched his new fist was amazed at how life like it felt and there was no irritation at all from his body form the cybernetic appendage grafted onto his flesh. He was tempted to replace his other arm as well with the technology as the droid suggested, but chose not to because it had been a part of him for a long time. He could also feel his legs and marveled how he could even wiggle his toes with the new appendages. But he was warned he would have to adjust to them and that it would take him a few days before he was able to get back on his feet again.

?Senator Organa paid for all of this,? Obi-Wan informed him. He wanted Anakin to know who he owed his thanks once this was all over. Though he couldn?t reveal to Anakin that his children were alive or that Bail Organa would be their custodian, he did hope that they would become friends. Through that friendship, he hoped Anakin would gradually get to know his children and make it much easier for him to learn allow the truth.

?Padme is dead,? Anakin replied somberly. Anakin hung his head low as he sat on the examination table, filled with feelings of despair and anguish. ?I don?t deserve to live.?

?Don?t? Don?t talk like that,? Obi-Wan pleaded, not liking seeing Anakin like this. ?Despair leads to??

?The Dark Side!? Anakin snapped back, not needing to be reminded of what he already knew. ?Been there, done that.?

?So despite everything that has happened and all that has been sacrificed to bring you back from the dark side, you are still intent on destroying yourself??

?I have nothing left to live for.?

?Master Yoda needs you Anakin and I cannot rescue him by myself.? Obi-Wan reminded him. ?We have a job to do.?

Anakin did not respond, could not even bring himself to look at his former master, because he could not bring himself to help him. He could not bring himself to do anything and all he wanted now was to be left alone.

?Anakin, I need your help.? Obi-Wan reiterated, this time pleading with him.

?I can?t help you.? Anakin dryly replied, followed by crying out, ?Just go Obi-Wan and leave me be. I don?t care what happens to Master Yoda or the Republic.?

?When are you going to stop thinking of only yourself?? Obi-Wan shook him with disgust, not holding anything back any longer. It was time he straightened Anakin out and forced him to finally become the Jedi he was destined to be. He would get no more special treatment from him just because he was the Chosen One, how powerfully the Force flowed through him, or that he loved him like a son. He would force Anakin to achieve his true potential even if it killed him.

?Leave me alone, Obi-Wan,? Anakin cried out in anguish. He no longer cared what happened to him and had no intention of fulfilling his obligations as the Chosen One. He lied down on the bed he was sitting on and curled up into a protective ball to shield him from his mentor?s expectations that he could never live up to. Apart of him could feel the desire to help him bubble up to the surface, but it was still drowned out in a sea of grief that he could not escape.

?This is no time to be selfish or to allow yourself to be consumed by grief Anakin, you have an obligation

8. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Obi-Wan left the recovery ward and though the thick doors closed behind him; he could still hear the sobs of his former apprentice inside. He was only able to take three steps before breaking down himself, slouching against the wall, and weeping tears of sorrow. In one moment; he reflected on all those who had died and the utter state of ruin of everything he loved: the Republic; the Jedi Order. Everything that he believed in was now gone and he now found himself very much alone.

?You are not alone Obi-Wan.?

Obi-Wan turned toward the direction of the voice to see the apparition of his former master standing before him. Qui-Gon appeared to him on Utapau after his clones turned on him and guided him to safety after surviving the fall. Whether or not Qui-Gon had done something to save him he still did not know, but he was certain he owed his life to him, and that he would not be here if it wasn?t for him.

?It feels like I?m alone,? Obi-Wan replied, wiping the tears from his eyes.

?You still have Anakin.?

Obi-Wan at first did not respond, choosing instead to pace in front of the apparition of Qui-Gon. Much of the resentment he long held for Qui-Gon bubbled up to the surface as he replied irritably, ?Anakin has been with me since the day you died on Naboo. You forced me to take him on as your apprentice and believe in the prophecy that he was the Chosen One.?

Qui-Gon sighed in regret, followed by replying in his usual dry mannerism, ?I am sorry for dying Obi-Wan, I will try not to die on you next time.?

?You made me responsible for him Qui-Gon, and now I find myself lost without him!? Obi-Wan wiped more tears from his eyes as he continued, ?Even after all he has done and all the death he caused, I still love him. It breaks my heart to see him in there like that; his will to live gone, and his heart broken. I doubt he will ever be the same again.?

?He has just lost the woman he loved and is filled with guilt from not just turning to the dark side, but for failing you as well.? Qui-Gon wrapped his arm around him and wished he could physically reach out and touch him. All he could do instead was council him by saying, ?Anakin turning was unfortunate??

?Unfortunate?? Obi-Wan questioned in disbelief, followed by reminding him, ?He killed every Jedi, down to the last youngling at the Jedi Temple.?

The realization was painful for Qui-Gon as well, but reminded him, ?It was Darth Sidious who was responsible for what happened, not Anakin.?

?I am trying to believe that.?

?There is still goodness in him; it was what kept him from fully turning, and why he can still be saved.?

?He doesn?t want to be saved.? Obi-Wan replied solemnly.

?That was the grief talking, once he gets over it he will be alright.?

Obi-Wan sighed in grief, than asked frankly, ?What is it you think I should do??

?Wait awhile before running off to save Yoda.?

?Are you serious?? Obi-Wan asked disbelievingly, knowing that every day that passed would make it harder to save him. ?The longer I delay in trying to save him, the harder it will be to succeed in rescuing him.?

?Be patient Obi-Wan; you have some time and it won?t do anyone any good if you go off and get yourself killed.? Qui-Gon then informed him, ?He intends to put Yoda on a trial as a traitor, giving both you and Anakin time to recover from your wounds.?

?Does Yoda know I am still alive or that I was successful in bringing Anakin back from the dark side??

?He knows,? Qui-Gon replied to him honestly. ?Your success in saving Skywalker has given Yoda hope for the future and will allow him to endure his captivity.?

?Then there is still hope,? Obi-Wan said optimisitically.

?I also know that he named you Grand Master and that as of this moment you are now in charge of the Jedi Order,? Qui-Gon told him. ?For what it?s worth, I think your perfect to secede him.?

Being named Grandmaster overwhelmed him to some degree, having to sit down against the wall at the burden of the new responsibilities. Yoda had always managed thi

9. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    Now for the trivia question of the week

What species worships the Great Mother?

a. Nelvaanians
    b. Gungans
    c. Wookiees
    d. Quarren

10. megacrafter2

megacrafter2 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2007
    i can't help but say Aww at the bonding moment between Obi and Ani. I can see Aniken having problems with the DS in the future, I can just imagine his future meeting with palpy

"YOU! Its all your fault shes dead" /force choke
    "No Aniken don't do it, that way leads to the darkside"
    "I don't care, its his fault shes dead"

Hopefully they can rescue Yoda and Aniken can avoide the darkside.

Edit: I just noticed you posted the question while i was posting this, is the answer A?

11. Milteck

Jul 8, 2006
    alderaanprincess
    ascal_elessar
    blubeast1237
    darthcambius
    darth_nellie
    darthvaderette
    egkenobi
    epithree
    fitjedi
    gkilkenny
    JonnyOizumi
    kelia
    lolly_tolly
    megacrafter2
    petrakenobi
    p_stotts
    ratna
    son-of-kenobi
    tamiki
    timerift22
    torontojedimaster

12. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hello. :)

That was quite an intense update.

Extremely well written, especially the emotional descriptions.

The character interactions seemed canon worthy. Really liked the Obi/Qui exchange.

Yes! There is hope that they shall save Yoda.

I don't think Bail is looking for a relationship with Anakin.

Thanks for the pm and a superb read.

13. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Great couple of posts.
    I'm glad Qui-Gon didn't desert Obi-Wan
    he could use a friend right now.

What happened to the Faces/smiley's they don't work?

*Great job*

14. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    What a great post, Milteck! Just the way I like them -- long and full of angst and comfort. It's good that Obi-Wan decided to be there for Anakin. In a way, his initial reaction to Anakin's refusal was selfish. Anakin hurt Obi with his words, and Obi-Wan did the same thing right back at him. It seems that Obi-Wan would understand Anakin's grief and make allowances for that. He is older and wiser now and should be able to overlook Anakin's outburst, but I guess it took Qui-Gon to help him to see that. I'm glad Obi's former master made and appearance. Now, what other Jedi survived the purge? I always thought it was a bit far-fetched that only Yoda and Obi-Wan survived in the canon version of the story.

Now, for your trivia question... the answer is A) the Nelvaanese.

15. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Wow! Great update! I'm glad Qui-Gon can help them find others.

Uh, is the answer A?

Thanks for the PM!

16. DarthCambius

DarthCambius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2007
    What a great, heavily emotional post.

Now that they have finally admitted out loud that they love each other like brothers, the healing can begin. Sidious had better watch out.

17. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    At least Anakin still trust Obi-Wan and knows that he is there to help him. Plus the fact that he actually feels remorse for what he has done shows that there is a possibility that he will do the right thing.

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Take all the time you need Anakin, I?m not going to anywhere.?

I'm glad Qui-Gon was able to convince Obi to stand by Anakin's side instead of rushing off to rescue Yoda.

And I hope Ani will be able to come to terms with what he has done. He can't change the past but he can change the present.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. MilteckII

MilteckII Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2008
    I'm working hard on CH 7

I had finished writing CH 7, but after looking through it I wasn't happy with it and am rewriting it.

Hope to have it up by the first, but can't promise it'll be ready by then.

20. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    Awesome story!!! =D= =D= =D=
    I really like it and hope that Anakin will recover eventually.
    Could you please add me to your PM list?[face_praying]
    PS: I know the book Obsessed with Star Wars too, it's great and really interesting, but sometimes I really think "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?"

21. KellyLCrutcher

KellyLCrutcher Jedi Master star 2

Feb 28, 2009
    Whoa. This story's great. Could you add me to your PM list please? :)

22. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Oh, I've been wondering what had happened to this story. Quite understand if you're busy with other more important things Milteck, but just to say that I really hope that you will continue with this when you have the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.