main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trial of the force. (my first fanfic, be gentle)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Dark Helmet, Apr 19, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jars of Clay

Jar Jars of Clay Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 1998
    Darn . . . he's right. Just on the off chance he isn't, though, I'll say Han Solo (although I'm sure Dodonna's was first).

BTW, in case I (or anybody else) fails to call a category again, it might be good to just assume "WC". (You can do it on my responses anyway.)

2. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    Dodonna is correct

FTHutt and JJOC are tied w/ 5 points each

H-Name the character that translates the words 'He doesn't like you' into Basic.

3. FollowThatHutt!

FollowThatHutt! Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 1999
    Easy one! Dr. Evazan.
    (I kind of feel bad since I have internet access all day at work, but first come first serve I guess. I only wish there was a better way...)

C

4. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Up for historical reasons..this being the first trivia thread and all...

5. bmilder

bmilder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    Up for historical reasons... this being the first trivia thread and all...

6. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    LOL, bmilder!

Anyways, I'm bringing this up again, because the Admin who Archived the other "Trivia" threads forgot this one.

7. Masher 3263827

Masher 3263827 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 1999
    Heres an easy one to bring theis thread to the top.

What is the name of the bartender in the Mos Eisley Cantina?

8. IG88A

IG88A Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 1999
    Wuher

What is Figrin's instrument?

9. Barbara Fett

Barbara Fett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 23, 1999
    The Kloo Horn!

easy one... Name the "Look sir, droids!" stormtrooper, and his number.

10. Masher 3263827

Masher 3263827 Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 1999
    Davin Felth

Who were the Tonnika sisters really? (female twins from the Cantina scene in ANH)

11. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Woo-Hoo! Newcomer, but i have the answer:

Shada D'ukul and Karoly D'ulin of the Mistryl Shadow Gaurds. they were on an undercover mission to recover the Hammertong device. Eat that! (JK)
    Oh, and I'll take Geography.

12. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Okay, here's a tricky one:

In "The Crystal Star", name the two Empire Reborn lords that Hethrir strangles with the Force.

Knowing that most of you hate this movie (and I'm one of them), this one should be a little hard to answer.

13. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Alright, this is my first fanfic. I've written a lot of other stories, but this is the first time I've tries my hand in the Star Wars universe. As I said in the title, please be gentle.

The large red sun scroched down on the barren flatlands of the planet Zagar. It was the middle of the and the sun had reached it's peak in the sky overhead. During this time the temperature could reach at least one hundred and forty degrees. On this day the temperature was currently one hundred and fifty degress. No normal, sane person would even consider doing anything in the wide open sapce, no where near any shade, much less do any sort of physical activity. A normal person would pass out from heat stroke in a matter of minutes. It was no problem for a Jedi Knight.
    Cameth Jac'tar gripped his lightsaber loosely, staring blankly off into space. His eyes weren't seeing the remote that floated in front of him, he saw it through the force. His body didn't feel the sun scorching down on his bare back and shoulders, he didn't notice the sweat that poured down his face. He was completely engulfed in the foprce. The remote swept around behind him. He reacted instinctively, arcing his lightsaber around and easily blocking the four quick shots that the remote fired. Cameth pivoted, spun and easily blocked five more successive shots, then the remote shut down, hanging dead in the air. Cameth switched off his lightsaber and put the remote in his bag.
    As he stood and rested, using the force to cool his body down, he saw a speeder approaching off in the distance. It moved quickly, not kicking up any dust from the baked clay of the planet's surface. It slowed to a stop and Cameth's friend and teacher Svirum Rio hopped out.
    "You did well, my young Padawan."

=============================================

"Fear.
    "Fear atracts the fearful. The strong. The weak.
    "Fear is your ally."
    The Sith apprentice sat cross-legged on the ground, sweat pouring down his face, a look of pure hatred on his face. He stared straight ahead, his yellow eyes blazing.
    "Yes, my master."
    "Rise," the Master instructed. His apprentice rose and stood motionless in front of him. The Master began walking slowly through the deserted underground area of Coruscant. The apprentice walked beside him, his black outfit drenched in sweat from the torturous work-out the his master had just put him through.
    "You have learned much my friend." the master spoke slowly, only his mouth visible underneath the cloak he wore.
    "Your hate had made you powerful and soon your skills will be complete."
    "Thank you master."
    "Yes, soon you will be ready meet your ultimate challenge."
    "Jedi," the apprentice said through his gritted. The master smiled and cackled softly.
    "Good. I can feel you anger towards them. You want revenge, don't you?"
    "Yes, my master."
    "And soon you shall have it."
    "Yes, my master."
    "Your revenge against the Jedi who murdered your family."
    This time the apprentice was silent, but a black wave of anger flowed out of him.
    The master felt and smiled.
    "Good, good."

14. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Nice start! Keep writing!

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I think I have to agree with EPIC.

Keep going!!

Kithera

16. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Thanks for the support. I'm currently working on more.

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Drat it all. screwed up

[This message has been edited by Darth Dark Helmet (edited 02-25-2000).]

18. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Svirum brought a larger bottle of water and handed it to the Cameth. Cameth accepted it and took a drink out of it. He didn't take a large drink, he didn't want to give in to the thirst in his body. Svirum looked at him with approval.

"You have adapted well to the heat. You have learned to control your body." Svirum said as they began to walk back to his speeder.

"I have master," Cameth said and took another small drink of the water. "At the end there, I barely felt the heat."

"Good. A Jedi must be able to preform under any condition, no matter how extreme it may be."

They got into the speeder and Svirum began the ride back to the camp.

"You cannot control the environment around you, but at the same time you must not allow it to control you."

"I understand Svirum," Cameth said, feeling the cool breeze as the sped across the desert. They rode back to the camp, mostly in silence. Svirum concentrating on his driving, and Cameth concentrating on bringing his body temperature down to a more normal level. He let the force flow through him, letting it enter every pore on his body and bring the temperature dopwn slowly. He would take small drinks of water, to replenish all that his body had lost while excersising in the sweltering heat.

The reached camp about fifteen minutes later. It was a very basic camp. Nothing more then three tents set up in the middle of the desert. They each had one personal tent where they slept and stored their belongings and there was a larger tent that they used to eat in and also for training. Svirum's ship, The Spirotta, sat about a hundred yards to the south of the camp.

As the walked from the speeder to camp, Svirum looked at Cameth.

"Take some time to reflect on today's lesson. Come to the main tent in an hour and we will eat and talk more."

"Alright." Cameth replied and entered his tent. In his tent he sat down and thought about what he had done to day. Soon his thoughts turned to Svirum and the time that they had spent together.

They had first met when Cameth had been given to Svirum as his Padawan learner. Before that Master Windu had trained him. Master Windu had been like a father to him. He had taught him much about the force and how to feel it. When he was eight he had been given to Svirum, at first he had resisted a bit. Rebeling becuase he missed Master Windu, but eventually Svirum had won him over. And over the years they had formed an unbreakable bond. They had fought side by side through battles and Svirum had taught him much about what it meant to be a Jedi.

Now he sat in his tent, atwenty-two year old Padawan, who was very close to taking the Trials of the Jedi. He had fought in five battles and during those battles he had destroyed a many droids and killed four people. All four of them had been deaths that couldn't be avoided, and all four of them had been in the same battle. A family had taken a group of people hostage. Cameth and Svirum had been sent in to try and end the situation peacefully, but it had ended in bloodshed. the four terrorists hadn't been Jedi, but they had pulled lightsabers just the same. All four of them had gone down under Cameth's blade after they wounded Svirum. They had caught him by surprise, the only time Cameth saw that happen, and had Svirum had lost his left hand for his mistake. He had also sustained a deep cut across his chest. None of it had been fatal. Svirum still had the scar on his chest and a artificail left hand to remind him of the day. Only one person had escaped tha day. The four terrorists had with them a young boy, no more then eight years old. During the fight he had disappeared and hadn't been found.

[This message has been edited by Darth Dark Helmet (edited 02-27-2000).]

19. Maelisaandii

Maelisaandii Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    This I like! Keep it up.

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Ahh, this fell all the way to the third page while I was away. Oh well, time for my next chapter, that'll bring back to the top. Thanks all for the responses so far.

The small room was barely lit at all. There were no lights, just five candles lit and placed around the room. The Sith Apprentice's room was underground so there were no windows and almost no light entered the room at all. The floors and the walls were all dirt that had been packed down over years of being walked on and trained on. The room was always very hot, he didn't allow any air to circulate through and he kept the temperature around eighty degrees at all times.

Now, the Sith sat on the ground, huddled over a project. It was the most important thing that he would ever create. He had worked hard on it for the past two weeks. Devoting all of his free time to it. When he wasn't training, he was working on it. He had studied every Sith text he could get his hands on, making sure every little detail was exact. There would be no imperfections in this project; he wouldn't allow it.

Now, he was finally finished. He stood and grasped the cylinder in his hand and pushed the small silver button on the handle. His lightsaber ignited, the glow from the blade casting shadows around the room. Now for the real test. He pressed the second. As he saw the result he grinned. The master would be pleased.

He switched the lightsaber off and sat down. His thoughts turning to his master. The master who had trained him these past nine years.

His master had found him when he was eight. He had been wandering alone. He had no family. The Jedi had killed them all. It was a day he remembered well, a day that fueled the hatred that he trained with. His parents and two brothers had staged a demonstration against the Jedi. They had wanted it to be a peaceful demonstration, but they had been forced to take hostages. Then the two Jedi had arrived. They had fed them all a line about how they wanted to resolve everything peacfully, without any one getting hurt. But it had all been a lie; they had all seen the look in the Jedi's eyes. They had come in intending to kill them from the start. His family had surprised them when the pulled their homemade lightsabers on them. They took the hand of the older one and his father had nearly taken the Jedi's life with a cut across the chest. But then the little pup of a Jedi, a child, no older the thirteen had fought and killed his family. In the confusion, he had managed to sneak out, swallowing his urge to fight right then and there, but he knew he would join his family if he tried, so he fled.

The Sith master stood in his apprentices doorway, watching him. He could read his thoughts. He saw that his apprentice was remembering the day of his family's murder. Or at least the events that he had been led to believe. When he had found him wandering the streets of Coruscant, he had quickly and easily sensed the power in the boy. All he had needed was a spark to ignite his hatred. The deaths of his family were easily enough. He had taken his apprentice and told him stories about how his parents had been murdered by Jedi who didn't care about him and his family. He made his young apprentice believe that the truth that his parents had been only peaceful protesters; when in truth they had been a ruthless gang of pirates, bent on causing chaos. The young apprentice had swallowed the story fully and his hatred towards the Jedi had grown into rage.

Now, as he saw his apprentice ignite his lightsaber, and as he saw the modifications that he had made to it, he knew. He knew that his apprentice was ready for his final challenge. He was ready to face a Jedi. And he had the perfect pair of Jedi in mind.

21. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Very good. Suspenseful. Awaiting more.

22. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Alright I'm going to bring this to the top, before it gets sent into limbo, off the pages. I'm working on the next part, I'll post it soon. (Although Judgin by the number of replies, it doesn't seem like many people care, but oh well).

23. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    The Sith Apprentice walked into his master's main chamber. He could see his master's throne sitting facing the window, turned away form the door. The light in the room was dim, the lights were off and the drapes were closed. There was a small amount of light filtering in through the drapes, but that was all. The apprentice approached the throne and then dropped to one knee.

"What is thy bidding, my master?"

The Master's throne slowly rotated.

"I have a mission for you" The Master said. "You are to go to the planet Zagar. There you will complete the final stage of your training."

"Yes, my master."

"On the planet, you will encounter two Jedi. They are Jedi that you know very well."

"The Jedi who murdered my family." The Apprentice said with every ounce of hatred in his body.

"Yes." The Master said, smiling. "Your task is simple.

"Kill them."

=============================================
    Svirum sat in the heat, taking down the tents that he and Cameth had used for the past month. The tents that had been temporary homes while Cameth completed the last stages of his training. Now they were going back to Coruscant. They would leave as soon as Cameth got back. He had made the hour-long trip to the nearest town to purchase some last minute supplies.

Svirum smiled as he thought of the progress his Padawan had made over the past years. He had grown into a strong Jedi. Svirum had taught him everything that he could. Cameth was ready to take the trials and he would. As soon as they returned home.

He had the two larger tents all down and stored on the ship. He looked at the time. Cameth would be back in fifteen minutes or so and then they could get out of this hellhole.

Then he heard the sound of an engine coming from behind him.

What, he thought. Cameth's early, and why is he coming from the south? The town is to the north.

He turned and saw the speeder that was heading towards him. He saw that the driver wasn't Cameth, but a man dressed all in black, his face appeared to be tattooed heavily and Svirum couldn't make out any of his features.

The speeder stopped about fifty feet from him and the stranger stepped out. Svirum took a step back and drew his lightsaber, not igniting, but just holding it at a ready position. He could feel an enormous amount of hate coming from this stranger. The man in black reached under his cloak and also drew a lightsaber, but not a traditional lightsaber. It was longer, almost twice as long as Svirum's.

The without a word the stranger leapt at him, his blade flashing out and striking down at Svirum, who just barely ignited his own blade and blocked the blow. The stranger pressed the attack, striking from every angle. Svirum gave everything he had blocking the blows; he was being driven backwards. He saw a slight opening in the stranger's attack and used it. Gaining a slight advantage he drove the attacker back a few steps.

They fought back and forth across the desert. Neither able to gain the upper hand in the battle. Svirum had a funny feeling though. Something he couldn't quite make out. A feeling that his attacker was hiding something.

Cameth saw the battle from a mile away. He had sensed that something was wrong back at camp and stretched out with the force and found that Svirum was in trouble. A mile away he could just make out the lightsabers. As he got closer he started to get a look at the attacker. He didn't recognize him, but still, there was something familiar about him.

He sped towards camp, trying to get there in time to help Svirum.

The conclusion soon to come. If anyone cares.

[This message has been edited by Darth Dark Helmet (edited 02-29-2000).]

24. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Here's the final chapter, then it's done.

The two fighters fought back and forth across the desert. Lightsaber blades crashing, each a blur of motion. Svirum Attacked, spinning around and striking, the Sith blocked it and parried with a counter attack of his own, coming from up top. Svirum raised his lightsaber to meet the Sith's blade. The struck at each other and locked blades.

Cameth jumped out of his speeder before it came to a full stop his lightsaber in his hand. He saw that Svirum and his attacker had locked blades. They stood across from each other, neither giving an inch. Cameth stopped and watched. He could see a look of determination on his master's face and on the face of the Sith, there seemed to be almost no emotion.

He saw the Sith's hand move down just slightly; moving towards another button on his lightsaber. The Sith let his lightsaber suddenly move with Svirum's. Then, at that instant he hit another button on his lightsaber handle and a second blade appeared from the other side of his lightsaber. This second blade took Svirum completely by surprise and he had no time to react before the Sith cut him in half.

"NO!" Cameth screamed and rushed the Sith Apprentice. Igniting his lightsaber he rushed full bore into the Sith, throwing wild attacks. The Sith, using his new double-bladed lightsaber blocked each of his blows easily. Both blades spinning, he moved with the young jedi.

The Sith could feel the young jedi's anger beginning to slip. He was losing control over it and soon would completely let go. The Sith Apprentice didn't want to take the chance of the young jedi getting lucky so he decided to end the battle right then. He quickly went on the offensive. He easily drove Cameth back. Using his double blades he was able to take the advantage in the battle easily. The young jedi was no match for him.

Cameth tried to fight back, but he was having trouble keeping up with both of the attacker's blades. He felt one of them singe the side of his face as he just barely blocked an attack. Out of the corner of his eye he could see his fallen master lying on the ground. He fought to keep control of his emotions, but he was losing. He couldn't keep the image of Svirum, the man who had been his mentor and best friend for the past fifteen years out of his mind. All he saw was Svirum lying on the ground, in pieces. He had loved Svirum, and now he was dead.

The Sith drove Cameth back more, throwing attack after attack at him. Cameth's blocks were getting slower and slower as he lost his grip on his emotions. The Attacker saw his opening and used it. Thrusting his blade through the young jedi's chest.

Cameth fell to the ground, landing right near his fallen master. He saw the attacker stand over him. He could feel his life slipping away, but he was able to hear what the attacker said.

"Soon, my revenge will be complete. Soon all of the Jedi will tremble in fear at my name.

"Darth Maul." Then Maul thrust his lightsaber through the Jedi's throat, ending his life completely.

[This message has been edited by Darth Dark Helmet (edited 03-02-2000).]

25. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    there all done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.