main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Trials of My Heart - A/P - AU - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jmsbndgrl, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Interesting indeed- your little wrench into the irons there with Sids listening in on their conversation. Now you have me wondering how he plans to manipulate them this time.

2. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    Nice update :).

I hope that Anakin and Padme both get to remain Jedi, and still be together. Both are too valuable to the Jedi for either of them to leave. At the same time, love did bring the two together. It shouldn't be a crime if they love each other and want to be together, especially since it was the force that brought the two together, much like what happens with Luke (Anakin and Padme's son) and Mara Jade many years later.

It would be interesting if the Jedi Council finds out that several Jedi Knights and masters have had personal relationships in secret over the years, and even had families. Maybe this would be the thing that causes them to consider doing away with the 'no marriage' rule.

I don't want Anakin and Padme to be torn apart because of some stupid rule. Anakin and Padme disserve to be happy, IMO.

I hope Obi Wan understands where Anakin is coming from and even surprisingly supports him. Why do I say that? Because Obi Wan faced a similar scenario years ago when he was Qui Gon's Padawan. I hope that comes up when the two have their talk, and Obi Wan deep down, still having regrets about that relationshp with another female Jedi being torn apart because of the 'no relationship' rule. Naturally, Obi Wan wouldn't want his Padawan to experience the same pain he did when he was younger.

As for the sith, I hope they are destroyed, once and for all.

Finally, I hope we have a sequel to the story. I know you said its not in the cards, but I think it should happen, with Anakin and Padme both being full fledged Jedi Knights, married, and them having to deal with a new threat from the sith, involving the sith trying to wipe out the Jedi. Of course it would effect them, since both are Jedi and the sith would want them both gone, since both of them are too much of a threat. Just an idea, thats all.

Keep up the good work :). I hope the updates happen more often, this time.

3. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well at least they know what they feel for each other and decided not to fight, though as Anakin said it did help save Padme from Sidious's control at that point in time. It seems Yoda has decided something is highly fishy with reports from Yavin4 that don't look anything like what either Anakin or Padme would send plus the sudden disappearce of Chancellor Palpatine right when it comes to light the reports aren't on the up and up.

Good update, thanks for the pm and look forward to more

4. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    I can just see Palpy's face.[face_sick] Now you have that image stuck in my mind.[face_laugh]

5. PadawanMom5610

PadawanMom5610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    Oops, I missed an update. Well, it was fun reading both. How exciting. I'm glad Obi-Wan, Shaak Ti and Yoda are on the way. I can't wait to see what happens next. Great job!

6. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    FitJedi: Palpy better work fast because now the Jedi Council is on to him.

GS335: Don't tell my OC characters over in "Always in Motion," about Obi-Wan's past relationships. Neither of them will like it much. [face_laugh] I do know about Siri, because of fanfiction. I generally do not read the EU books for Star Wars, so my fic tends to ignore the EU. Sometimes I will elude to it because I have read a fair amount of EU (necessary evil in being a fanfiction writer - research), but its not my favorite. And no there won't be a sequel. Its time to move onto other projects.

geno: Hopefully Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Shaak Ti can reach Yavin before Sidious can do something truly heinous.

Icecruncher_Amidala: Palpatine's just jealous that he has no one to love him. [face_laugh]

PadawanMom5610: Yes, I did update rather quickly last time.

To Everybody: I did start the next chapter, but it probably will not be ready by the end of the weekend. I have family over and that means I don't get a chance to write. If I have a chance I'll try to write a bit during the week so I can get the next chapter out as soon as I can. Just wanted to let you all know.

7. VAPa

VAPa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    You updated, yay! thanks for the pm.

I loved how you weaved in the canon lines.
    Gah! Padme is still being stubborn, but Anakin does make some valid points. I really like his characterization. He's still rash, but he's intelligent. Some stories have him so overly impetuous that he ends up looking plain stupid. Padme's diplomatic characterization is good too, it's completely believable that she would have been this way if she was a Jedi.

The Sidmyster grimaced, too funny. Great chapters!

8. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    VAPa: Yes, I kept Anakin rash, but he can also be a bit overly impetuous too when he's worried about something, but at the same time so can Padme. However I do know what you mean, in the first fic I ever wrote I completely twisted Anakin and Padme into something they are not, and personally its my least favorite of all the fics I have written.

To Everybody: As promised, the next chapter....

Chapter 24

The Sith disembarked from his shuttle and waved off his brainwashed servants as he entered his throne room in the main Yavin Temple and focused on his task at hand. He was certain he could at least bend one padawan to his will, and if all went according to plan he might just get the stronger of the two. The Force was warning him that the Jedi Council was on to him, but he did not care. He would make sure they were too late to save the young ones from their fate. Love might have saved them once, but it would become the tool to initiate their fall.

With his first smile since losing his hold on Padmé?s mind, Sidious closed his eyes and focused on the Force seeking out the sleeping forms of the two Jedi padawans.

A flash of lightning was vaguely visible through Anakin?s closed eyelids and drew him out of his slumber. Instinctively he glanced over at the warm body pressed against him. Padmé was snuggled against him, her eyes closed as she was lost in dreams. The storm from earlier continued to rage around them, but the makeshift shelter that he and Padmé had created kept them dry while they kept each other warm.

A smile formed across Anakin?s lips as he gazed down at Padmé. He pressed his lips to the top of her head in a quick kiss, breathing in her scent as he tried to relax back into sleep. He ignored the rumble of thunder that echoed around him as he settled back against the tree he and Padmé had built their shelter around. Despite their surroundings, he was quite comfortable knowing that Padmé was near him. Her mere presence was soothing and relaxing and if he was not so content, he would have chided himself for all the years he had tried to push her away. Admitting their true feelings to one another was the best thing that had happened to him and he was sure Padmé felt the same. He knew she was concerned about the Jedi Council?s view of their relationship, but Anakin did not care what they had to say. All that mattered to him was that he and Padmé could be together. If the Council saw fit to kick them out of the Order, then so be it. He would gladly leave as long as Padmé was by his side.

It was a bit odd thinking about life without the Jedi. It had been all he and Padmé had known for the last few years, but he knew they could manage. He smiled to himself as he thought of all the fights from the past he still had to make up to her. He could think of several pleasant ways to apologize to her and he gave a contented sigh as he let his thoughts drift away with the images he hoped would filter through his dreams.

Anakin was almost fully asleep again when over the sounds of the storm an eerie cackle echoed in his ears. Anakin?s eyes snapped open and his back went rigid at the sound of the Sith?s laughter. As another cackle rumbled with the storm, Anakin gently slid Padmé away from him and sprung to his feet, calling his lightsaber to his hand. The rain sizzled and evaporated as it hit his blade and the lit blade of Padmé?s that was lying on the ground beside their structure. Unable to light a fire in the storm, the two padawan?s had kept their sabers lit through the night.

?Do you think you can stop me, my young apprentice?? Sidious? voice echoed through Anakin?s mind. ?Both of your souls will belong to me.?

Anakin cast a quick glance over his shoulder at Padmé and watched as her brow furrowed into a grimace as if she was fighting a nightmare. ?Leave her alone!? Anakin barked in a half whisper to the Sith, raising his lightsaber above his head to cast the light from it into the shadows of the forest.

Sidious laughed at Anakin?s response.

9. PadawanMom5610

Feb 11, 2007
    Thank you for the fast update. It was excellent! You have such a way with cliff-hangers. I can actually feel Padme's desperation as the door seals shut behind Anakin. Sideous is SO evil! He really lives up to his name - insideous. Grr. Leave them alone, you! I hope you hurry with the next update.

10. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well Sidious is a smart and sneaky Sith. Lets hope that Padme and Anakin don't do something really bad. Also hope the Jedi get there to help them though knowong Sidious he has made that a bit diffcult.

I wonder what Sidious would do if both Anakin and Padme became his apprentice's, though I doubt that will happen.

Thanks for the pm, good update and look forward to more

11. GS335

Feb 22, 2001
    Sidious is one evil bastard. I hope he's destroyed at the end of the story. He better not mess with Anakin/Padme. They disserve to be together and happy.

12. VAPa

Jul 2, 2008
    :eek: Gah! Evil cliffy!

Poor Anakin and Padme, they can't seem to catch a break, but I'm glad Obi-Wan and Shaak Ti are on their way.

Palpa needs die! :mad:

13. Icecruncher_Amidala

Sep 27, 2007
  14. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes, I was very distracted!!!-LOL!!! Rob has a habit of doing that to me ;) It took me long enough but I'm now caught up though!!!

...and find the answers to this mystery, we will.

Well, looks like that's not the only thing they'll find! Hopefully they're not too late though.

15. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    PadawanMom5610: I like writing cliffhangers, they give me a reason to come back to my stories and resolve them. Besides I think they make the story more interesting.

geno: Sidious would probably be thrilled if they both became his apprentices. However, he might decide to get rid of one though for the rule of two. That rule is sort of thrown out in this story though because Sidious' original plan was to get both of them. I think he's settling for one though at this point since his plans have been foiled.

GS335: Oh he'll mess with Anakin and Padme all right. Can't have the finale unless he is causing some sort of trouble.

VAPa: Unfotunately it looks like Obi-Wan and Shaak Ti aren't going to get there in time.

Icecruncher_Amidala: Thanks for reading.

HandmaidenVeme: I was wondering when the Anakin clones were going to drag you kicking and screaming away from the vampire. [face_laugh] Granted, my Obi-Wan clones have had to do the same thing to me. ;)

To Everybody: Ok good news, I started the next chapter. Bad news, is it isn't done yet. Usually the holidays are a good writing time for me because its a quieter time. Well things didn't work out that way. We've had back to back snow storms which has meant a lot of work outside, shovelling it away. So there hasn't been a lot of writing time. I'm also getting ready to go into two weeks of busy time at work. I will have Sunday off so if all goes well I will try to finish the chapter then so I can post it before the craziness really kicks in. After that it will probably be mid January before I can post again. Just giving you all a heads up.

16. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    To Everybody: Something came up and I won't have time to write today. So unfortunately that means this won't get updated for the next couple of weeks, but I will be back. Just got to get through this busy time at work.

17. GS335

Feb 22, 2001
    A couple weeks past and no update :(.

Hope we get one soon. :D

18. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    GS335: Work does get priority over the fanfiction. I may like the fanfiction, but it does not pay my bills. Besides, this is the first weekend I've had where I was actually able to catch up on sleep. I can't write when I'm tired.

To Everybody: Sorry about the delay. Work was crazy for a couple weeks, but I was able to write again this weekend. Here is the next update. There isn't much left to this story.

Chapter 25

Anakin sprinted down the familiar tunnel he knew would lead him to the Sith. His heart sent a silent prayer through the Force that Padmé would be all right. ?Please.? He murmured to himself as he came closer. He could not lose Padmé now that they had just learned what they truly meant to one another. A world without her was nothing to him.

?Yes, my apprentice. Beg me to spare your lover.? Sidious? echoed in both Anakin and Padmé?s heads, causing a growl of frustration to snarl from both their lips.

The Sith?s taunt spurned Anakin to push his body forward while Padmé pushed her own body weight against her lightsaber in an attempt to get it to tear through the metal of the durasteel door that blocked her entrance into the Sith?s Temple faster. Both could not move fast enough for their own liking. However while Padmé struggled to gain entrance to the Temple another durasteel door closed between her and Anakin as he entered the Sith?s throne room.

?Padmé!? Anakin shouted as he caught sight of the cloaked figure kneeling before Sidious?s throne.

?So you have finally come to join us, my young Apprentice?? Sidious flashed a grotesque smile at Anakin as he slowly rose from his throne. At his feet the cloaked woman did not move or flinch away from her Master. Her head remained bowed in deference to the Sith.

Anakin brandished his lightsaber before the Sith, taking an offensive stance as his eyes quickly assessed the situation. ?Let her go!?

?Why should I, my apprentice?? Sidious supplied in answer, a gnarled hand dropping to the head of the cloaked figure at his feet.

?Do not touch her!? Anakin snarled at the sight, taking a lunge forward towards the Sith. Distracted by his concern for Padmé and his anger at the Sith Anakin failed to notice the warning from the Force before the Sith turned to him and struck with a violent lightening attack. Anakin?s body convulsed as he screamed in agony and crumpled in a heap on the ground.

?Young fool. You are no match for the dark side of the Force. Love only weakens your Jedi powers. If you join me, I will show you what true power you are capable of harnessing.

?No!? Anakin choked out in a strained voice as he attempted to fight his spasming muscles and stand up.

The Sith just chuckled at Anakin?s pathetic and feeble attempts to face him head on and casually launched another short lightening attack at him to further disable the young Jedi. ?Not even to save the one you love, my Apprentice??

Breathing heavily, Anakin clutched at a stitch in his side as he ground out. ?Leave her out of this.?

?Ah, but you were the one who insured she turned against me when I had claimed her for my own.?

?You brainwashed her.? Anakin clenched a fist and pounded it to the ground as he struggled to pull himself up once more. Pain coursed through his body after the violent bursts of lightning that had streamed through him.

?I showed her what true power could be, but she was too weak to accept it. She has always been too weak. She might be under my power now, but I do not need her.? With a wicked smile at Anakin, Sidious pressed a hand back out to the cloaked figure at his feet and Force shoved her away from him. Once her body crashed to the floor he started a violent lightening attack that left her a shrieking and convulsing mass.

?No! Padmé!? Anakin shouted, staggering to his feet to reach her. Still weakened by the lightening attack he had faced he could not fight against the light Force shove that Sidious gave him that toppled him back to the ground. ?Stop!? Anakin called out in de

19. GS335

Feb 22, 2001
    Oh no. Anakin has turned.

I hope Padme brings him back to the light side of the force. We need to see more good stories where Anakin actually overcomes the darkside, rather than him falling to the darkside.

I hope that Anakin/Padme end up together in this story. We need a happy ending for them, for a change.

Good update, BTW :).

20. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Augh...and here we go again with the frustration of Anakin turning- I do hope things will take a turn for the better.

21. geno

geno Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2007
    Well given what they knew I'm surprised Anakin didn't use the Force to make sure it was Padme at Sidious's feet not somebody else who had a very similar build as Padme. then again he tends to be harded head and not totally think, as I really doubt Sidious would have placed the Force print of Padme on Sabe since he knew what Anakin would do when he thought Padme was going to die.

Hopefully Padme can find a way to get through the mind numbing drugs now in Anakin, then of course asusming Anakin returns to the Light there is the whole issue of their relationship.

Good update, thanks for the pm and look forward to more

22. VAPa

Jul 2, 2008
    Gah! Anakin! How could you not sense it wasn't Padme on the floor? [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

23. Icecruncher_Amidala

Sep 27, 2007
    It's times like these that make you want to take Anakin in your arms and...SMACK HIM SILLY!!!:mad:

24. PadawanMom5610

Feb 11, 2007
    Oh no! Now what's going to happen??? I hope Padme can keep things stalled until their masters get there. Palpatine is just so...mean! :mad:

25. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    To Everybody: No update. I was sick with the flu last week and I also hurt my wrist and its in a brace at the moment which makes it difficult to type. Just typing this message is difficult. Hopefully the tendons in my wrist will heal in a couple days and I can spend more time on my computer. Sorry, when it rains, it pours at my house.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.