main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Trials of the Force Chronicles: The Blood War Of Apsolon

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JohnHunter, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnHunter

JohnHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2006
    Trials of the Force Chronicals: The Blood War Of Apsolon

It is three-thousand years after the events of the Dark Conflict.
    An apcolyptic event which took place five years after the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War and nearly annihlated the Galaxy.
    The Jedi Order has been rebuilt, and has since enjoyed a great time of prosperity and a golden age of peace.
    That peace is not to last.

Elsewhere in the Galaxy a powerful rogue Jedi Master has conspired to destroy the current Jedi Order and build a new one in its place, with himself at its head.
    He has resurfaced on a violent and politically unstable world with vast and powerful mercantiles.

His actions have the potential to cripple the Republic and the galactic economy at large, and also, to unleash the Dark side upon the Galaxy.

You have been chosen to become a part of a special strike team organized personally by the High Jedi Council on Coruscant to deal with the dangerous renegade Jedi Master.
    You meet at the High Council Chambers among other skilled Jedi Knights, Padawan's and Masters to hear the instructions of the Grandmaster of the Order.
    You were chosen for your special skills and insight through the Force.
    It will aid you, If you trust it.

With the fate of many hanging in the balance, will you, a Jedi Knight, step aside so that he may grasp the power of the Force itself, or will you step forth to stand against him,
    and push back the darkness that threatens to consume all?

Choose.

But choose, wisely.

Gameplay(If you have any questions on the following material, please PM me and I'll be more than happy to help you out ^_^)
    Gaming Notes- (Please read before continuing)
    Ok, on the section where it lists the Force Disciplnies Control, Alter and Sense. I know some of you may not be totally aware of what they mean. This flow chart should clear things up.
    Control: The ability of a Jedi to control his or her own inner Force. With this skill, a Jedi learns to master the functions of his or her own body.
    Sense: This helps Jedi sense the Force in things beyond themselves. The Jedi learns to feel the bonds that connect all things.
    Alter: This skill allows the Jedi to the change the distribution and nature of the Force to create illusions, move objects, and change the perceptions of others.

Note: Now this means that one of your characters abilities in these areas will be of typical strenth.
    One will be weaker than normal and one will be stronger than normal.
    Example: If you choose Alter as your Natural Weakness and choose Sense as your Natural Sensitivity, that means your character will have weak telekenetic abilities (Push/Pull) but strong sensory abilities (Force Sight) and your control abilities, (Force Jump, Force Speed) will be of normal strength. Etc.

Jedi Martial Arts
    Now a little explaination for the Jedi Martial Arts.
    The Jedi Martial Arts sub-styles come in three classes, Punching/Kicking, Grappling and Striking.
    Punching/Kicking: With this comative style the Jedi utilizes finely honed muscles for the means of defeating an opponant through the use of powerful punches and kicks.
    Grappling: With this combative style the Jedi utilizes the science of body-hip rotation and agility, coupled with the use of kinetic movement to toss opponants onto the floor or engage in advanced joint-locks to subdue them.
    Striking: With this combative style the Jedi utilizes the art of using open-handed and/or finger jabs to attack the nervous/vital points of an opponant, resulting in paralysness or unconsiousness. With this system, inner-force is cultivated to defeat an opponant without the unesscary use of brute force.
    For skill ranking it follows as this:
    Proficiency: Basic Knowledge
    Focus: Well-learned, Semi Experienced Knowledge.
    Mastery: Fully Learned Knowledge.

Lightsaber Form Chart
    Please automatically list Form I Shii-Cho in the Lightsaber Forms part of the Chara Sheet.
    One additional Form may be inlcuded, with a choice in

2. Ki_Undi_Mundi

Ki_Undi_Mundi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2006
    first post!!!! Can't wait to get some feedback on my CS!!!

3. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    Cool...this looks really good. Since your game is up and running, feel free to drop by the GMG in RPR. I'll have my CS in soon.

Cheers
    -DM

4. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    Thank you.;)

Also, I forgot to mention that this RPG takes place 3,000 years into the future and that all the current Star Wars Charas are dead. Also some of the galactic history has been lost due to the last war so events like the Jedi Purge and the Clone Wars are known very little about, If at all.
    So when designing your CS be sure to remember that.

5. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    I'll wait until we get about seven players or so, then I will begin with the opening post...:)

6. ChinaMonroe

ChinaMonroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2006
    Oh, I can't wait, this seems like a good one.

7. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    GM APPROVED

General Information-

-Name: Tharc Tiln
    -Race: Human
    -Homeworld: Onderon

Appearance-

-Height: 6? 11?
    -Weight: 150
    -Build: Average
    -Clothing: Black Jedi Robes
    -Hair: Black
    -Eyes: Green
    -Skin: Tan-Caucasian
    -Scars/Markings/Tattoos: Mandalorian sigil on upper right arm
    -Facial Hair: Small goatee

Personality-

-Traits: Flips hair out of face when nervous
    -Dislikes: Vegetables, fruit, pacifists
    -Habits: See traits

Jedi History-

-Jedi Rank/Title: Master
    -Jedi Classification: Guardian
    -Master: Met Tharnel
    -Student: Jax Nel, Tan Narth
    -Natural Sensitivity: Control
    -Natural Weakness: Sense
    -Weapons: Dual sabers
    -Blade Color: Blue
    -Hilt Description: The hilts of Tharc?s sabers are thick hilts from traditional Mandalorian sabers. They were passed down through the Tiln family for almost 500 years, and both have several notches from kills and sigils representing who held it.
    -Lightsaber Form: Form I: Proficiency, Niman/Jar?Kai: Mastery
    -Jedi Martial Arts: Striking: Focus
    -Force Powers: Push, Pull, Speed, Throw Saber, Force Immunity, Jump, Slow, Heal, Mind Control, Telepathy, Stasis Field, Destroy Droid, Force Shield, Force Sight
    -Midi-Chlorian Count:
    -Conventional Skills: Interrogation (think Vau), First Aid, Weapons Maintenance, Lip Reading, and battlefield construction
    -Biographical History: Tiln was born a poor Mandalorian farmer. He spent the days since he could walk until he was eight working somehow on his family?s farm. When he was eight years old, his father spent more and more time with him, teaching him how to shoot, hunt, stealth, guerilla tactics, and anything else that would be useful in the field. He went on several war trips with his father, and earned himself a name before he was 10.
    He caught the eye of a young Mandalorian female by the name of Sodye. They were engaged to be married when Mandalore put out a call: ?The war of a lifetime is here. Come to Mandalore. We fight.? In the first battle, Sodye had a razor bug come at her. She dodged it, and continued firing ahead. The bug came around, and went for her neck. By the time she felt it, she had lost too much blood to be saved. Tharc let out a howl when he saw her body lying in the dirt, her head a meter away, blood covering her golden chestplate. The winds picked up?lightning flashed. Unbeknownst to all, on that day, Tharc first touched the Force, and conjured a storm powerful enough to drive the Vong-bio pirates back far enough to give the Mandalorians the upper hand. Tharc roamed the galaxy, killing pirates using illegal Vong weapons wherever he found them. He ran into Met Tharnel shortly after the initial battle. Met took Tharc under his wing. Tharc wasn?t even 13.
    He achieved Knighthood under Met?s tutelage, by the age of 18. He went on several spiritual journeys to try and help him deal with his fiancées loss. After coming back after nine years with several holocrons as well as tales of several Force-centered societies, not to mention a successfully trained apprentice as well as a new one, Tharc was granted the rank of Master.

8. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    GM APPROVED

General Information-

Name: China Monroe
    Race: Human and Miraluka
    Homeworld: Coruscant

Appearance-

Height: 5ft. Even
    Weight: 135lbs.
    Build: Could use some more excersize really...
    Clothing: Reddish-brown leather top, bottom, gloves, and boots. Very simple, but has some gold ordimentation on the top and sides of the bottom. Has a thin, bluish tunic (more like a robe thing...) she wears a lot.
    Hair: Auburn
    Eyes: Light blue
    Skin: pale
    Scars/Markings/Tattoos: has a tiny star "scar" on the bottom section of her back (in the middle-on her spine).
    Facial Hair: She's a woman!

Personality-

Traits: Inquisitive and cynical but has excess energy
    Dislikes: Passive people
    Habits: Drums her fingers or something of the like when she is bored or nervous.

Jedi History-

Jedi Rank/Title: Newly promoted Knight
    Jedi Classification: Diplomat
    Master: Jedi Master Thom-Osa Owen (Male)
    Student(s): None yet.
    Natural Sensitivity: Sense
    Natural Weakness: Alter
    Weapon(s): Two Short Lightsabers that she can connect at the hilts to make one
    Blade Color(s): Silvery-blue
    Hilt Description:

The hilt of her sabers are long metal "tubes" with the innerworkings of the lightsabers in them. The outside has metal that's braided and twisted around the top and bottom with a leather wrapped middle for easy grip. Around the top edges where the blade forms are golden star designs that branch up to frame the bottom of the blade for greater control of intensity.

Lightsaber Form:
    Form I: Shii-Cho (Proficiency)
    Form VII: Juyo (Focus)

Jedi Martial Arts:
    Stricking (Mastery)
    Force Powers:

Universal:
    Comprehend Speech
    Psychometry
    Precognition
    Force Comprehension
    Force Vision/Sight

Knighthood:
    Mind trick
    Disable/trick Droid
    Enhansed Psychometry, Sight
    Absorb

Midi-Chlorian Count:

Conventional Skills:
    Hacking
    Computer/droid repair
    Leadership
    Speech

Biographical History:

She doesn't know who her family was or anything about where she came from before she entered the tutalidge of the Jedi. On her vitals it's stated that she is half Miraluka, Although she has few of the characteristics. The "sight" she has does not allow her to see through solid objects and at times of great stress or injury she cannot use it. She can, however, see colors as most Miraluka cannot. She is not the best with her lightsaber, but practices the Juyo form as it seems to help her calm down and keep her focused on battles. She's also trained in various hand-to-hand combat techniques to better defend herself without giving away the fact that she is a Jedi (if a mission calls for her not to reveal her true self). She is trained as a diplomat from her natural ability to pick up on lies and her communication skills. She's often seen as arrogant because she's critical of others (mostly of herself though) and doesn't want someone picking up on her weaknesses or fears.

She hasn't been on very many missions; instead took an active role in the politics and with the policitcal figures around and who frequented Corusant. Her master was proud of her ability to come up with peaceful solutions to many problems, but often worried about her bottling of emotions and the way she'd "hide" in the library researching distant and exotic worlds when she was frustraited.

Upon reaching Knighthood she began to talk more openly about becoming cynical of "human-isk" nature and politics. As she stands right now, her mind if full of unanswered questions...

9. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    GM Approved

General Information-

Name: Nolston Oaland
    Race: Human
    Homeworld: Correllia

Appearance-

Height: 6' 2"
    Weight: 190 Lbs.
    Build: Slender with finely defined muscles
    Clothing: Traditional Jedi Robes
    Hair: Short, clean cut Dark Brown hair.
    Eyes: a Bright crimson green
    Skin: a light tan
    Facial Hair: keeps clean shaven.

Personality- is light hearted, and compassionate. Is one for humor, but most times is considered a bit emotionless due to his calm facial expressions which reveal little emotion.

Traits: well tempered
    Likes: Physical Acitivity, fighter simulations, meditation, history and most meat dishes
    Dislikes: very cold planets, oversleeping, and most alcholic beverages
    Habits: is a little obessed with making sure his appearance is of the upmost cleanliness at all times.

Jedi History-

Jedi Rank/Title: Knight
    Jedi Classification: Diplomat
    Master: Rhi Lodus Quimen
    Student: Lo Qui Cerrano
    Natural Sensitivity: Sense.
    Weapon(s): Duelist Lightsaber
    Blade Color(s): Green
    Hilt Description: Nolston's hilt is constrcted from a piece of gem stone metal orginating from the destroyed planet of Alderan. Due largely to Nolston's love for history, and his love for non violent negotiations the former planet was a ideal place of serenity in his personal views, and there for Nolston was greatly pleased when he came across this gem like metal substance which he could sense contained the spirit of the planet it originated from.
    The hilt is a metalic silver color with a tinge of brown, and blue that give it a humble appearance. It has a few markings that Nolston found through his research to be of the natives of Alderran, and whith his lightsaber Nolston seeks to continue the peaceful ways of life that the planet was known for.

Lightsaber Form: Nolston has obtained Mastery over Form III, and is proficiency in Form I
    Jedi Martial Arts: Is focused in Striking
    Force Powers: force Comprehension, Force Vision, Phycometry, Force Deflection, Comphrehend Speech, Force Valor, Combustion, Alter Enviroment, Dissapate Energy, Animal Friendship
    Midi-Chlorian Count: (Note: I judge this, the better the character sheet you present to me, feasible, very detailed etc, the higher I will make your Force potential. The opposite goes for a CS that sounds retarded and has poor detail.)

Conventional Skills: Interrogation, Intelligence, Tactical Planing, Fighter Pilot, and Councilling.

Biographical History: Nolston was born to extemely wealthy, and well known parents who owned estates on many planets, and held heridatary tittles known throughout the galaxy. As the first born to his parents Nolston's life was set to be one of high expenses, and social gatherings just as his parents had envisioned for so long. His father ran a successful mining operation on Bespin's Cloud city, and owned part of Corellia's largest manufacturer of the galaxy famous spaceships while his mother was a former actress who socialized among some of the elite circles in the galaxy, and even had a hand as a spokesperson for the republic.
    Nolston born to his wealthy, and well known parents was discovered for his strong Jedi potential by a Jedi healer at the Hospital who informed the new parents of their newborn's potential. The newborns parents refused to give their child up to a life of a Jedi, and made quick to leave the hospital so not give the jedi a chance to take their newborn away from them. Nolston grew under his parents love, and care for some years in which nothing out of the ordinary happened except that his parents both experienced mild visions influenced by the Force that their only child was not meant for the life they had envisioned, and it was their duty to allow the jedi to take him.
    At the age of seven Nolston entered the Jedi Order to where his potential was confirmed, and his training began right away. His curiosity of things captured his focus, and thus sped Nolston's progressio

10. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    OI< I did a 'quick sketch' of my character...mostly for myself, but I thought I'd share it with you guys.

It's here...

Ciao!

11. ShadowofMiracles

ShadowofMiracles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    Hello, I'm new to this site and this RPG sounds really cool, I would like to join, so I'll send my character's bio as soon as I can.

12. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    ooc: -grin- She's awsome!

13. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    Wow, what a talented artist... =D=

14. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    Any idea when we start? And do we get our own personal ships, or do we use Jedi "transport pool" ships?

15. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    Good question.

Im going to wait until we get at least three or four more players, and then I'll begin with the opening post.;)

As far as Jedi craft go, you'll see...[face_mischief] and I don't think you'll be too disapointed either...

16. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    Cool. And by not being disappointed, do we get luxury cruisers or Star Destroyers?

17. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    LOL. [face_dancing] Ya get a fleet, buddy. o_O

Don't worry though, the adventure will begin before you know it.[face_mischief]

18. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    A fleet...I'm liking this game, and it hasn't even started yet...nice.

19. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    LOl...well thank you...

Im already liking the players...:)

I promise to do my best.;)

20. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    Thanks guys for the nice comments on the picture. And it doesn't matter to me what kind of ship we get, as long as 1. I'm not flying it and 2. I get my own "cabin" thing. I'm bad even at driving, and I gotta have my space for all my...books...yes, Jedi's don't worry about their clothes, so it's...books. That's what I'm saying is in all those trunks. Books. O:)

21. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    JohnHunter Approved [face_devil]

Name: Scrawaoaanraoh (AKA Scraw or Scar)
    Race: Wookiee
    Homeworld: Kashyyyk

Appearance-

Height:
    6?8? (2.1 meters)
    Weight: 318 lbs (144.6 kilograms)
    Build: Heavy muscular
    Clothing: Wears large, custom-made Jedi robes emblazoned with a camouflage pattern to blend in with that of the Wroshyr trees
    Hair: Murky brown
    Eyes: Right - black; Left - milky white
    Skin: *see Hair
    Scars/Markings/Tattoos: A deep scar that had been infected with kinrath poison over his left eye
    Facial Hair: *see Race and Hair

Personality-

Traits:
    Short-tempered, religious, often thinks of others before himself, sometimes very headstrong
    Likes: Nature in all forms, passing on knowledge to younger generations of Wookiees and students alike
    Dislikes: Droids, Trandoshans, civil war, slavery
    Habits: Refers to war as a ?necessary evil?, often rushes into things without thinking of the consequences, impulsive

Jedi History-

Jedi Rank/Title:
    Master
    Jedi Classification: Guardian
    Master: Abo Gir'lya
    Student(s): Qotran Dularl, Jehran Thaeli, Tatru'sac, Savrax Sandine
    Natural Sensitivity: Sense
    Weapon(s): Great lightsaber
    Blade Color(s): Yellow-green
    Hilt Description: Scraw prefers a simple yet sturdy hilt as seen here, he also utilizes a Luxum crystal that he created at Lake Natth
    Lightsaber Form: Djem So (Mastery), Shii-Cho (Focus), Juyo (Proficiency)
    Jedi Martial Arts: Punching/Kicking (Focus)
    Force Powers:
    -Force Bellow
    -Force Valor
    -Force Breach
    -Emptiness
    -Force Deflection
    -Force Vision
    -Breath Control
    -Dun Moch
    -Saber Throw
    -Force Repulse
    -Force Meld
    -Hibernation Trance
    -Electric Judgment
    -Battlemind
    -Battle Precognition
    -Force Defend
    -Force Comprehension
    -Force Absorb
    -Dissipate Energy
    -Malacia
    Midi-Chlorian Count: 18,000

Conventional Skills: Combat knowledge, hunting/tracking, wilderness survival, herbalist, war veteran

Biographical History: Born and raised on Kashyyyk as the first son of Lowchir and Wirrump, Scrawaoaanraoh found himself very in tune with the nature of the world around him. An ?unusual sensitivity? his father Lowchir called it, and it was not only noticed by his parents, but the elders of his tribe as well. As such, the clan elders ordered that Scrawaoaanraoh be sent into the Shadowlands to begin his passage into manhood. The young Wookiee could do nothing but oblige and descended into the dark Shadowlands.

During his absence, Wirrump, Scrawaoaanraoh?s mother, contacted the ruling Jedi Council and informed them of her son?s innate gifts. As a result, Master Abo Gir'lya, a Bothan Jedi Consular, responded to the call and diverted his course from Bothawui to Kashyyyk to investigate this talented youngster.

Abo arrived a few days later, greeted by the parents of Scrawaoaanraoh and the tribe elders. The Bothan Jedi asked where he could find the boy and was instructed that he had been injured during his time in the Shadowlands. He was led to the medicine man?s treehouse where he knelt next to the young Scrawaoaanraoh, and healing his grievous wound. There, Abo gave the boy the nickname of ?Scraw? whereas the other Wookiees, those unimpressed with the talents of the boy, gave him the nickname of ?Scar?.

At the behest of the ruling Council and the boy?s parents, Master Abo began to train young Scraw as his apprentice. Scraw learned quickly, but allowed many of his emotions to rule his judgment. Abo warned the boy that his emotions would lead to the Dark Side, and Scraw promised to control his feelings better. As such, the Wookiee Padawan

22. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    GM Note: Only a couple left to go..[face_dancing]

We're still taking players, but I think we're going to start Monday. ;)

23. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    Ah, sweet...I can't wait! =D=

24. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    *fixed midi-chlorian count*

GM APPROVED
    GM APPROVED

General Information-

-Name: Tharc Tiln
    -Race: Human
    -Homeworld: Onderon

Appearance-

-Height: 6? 11?
    -Weight: 150
    -Build: Average
    -Clothing: Black Jedi Robes
    -Hair: Black
    -Eyes: Green
    -Skin: Tan-Caucasian
    -Scars/Markings/Tattoos: Mandalorian sigil on upper right arm
    -Facial Hair: Small goatee

Personality-

-Traits: Flips hair out of face when nervous
    -Dislikes: Vegetables, fruit, pacifists
    -Habits: See traits

Jedi History-

-Jedi Rank/Title: Master
    -Jedi Classification: Guardian
    -Master: Met Tharnel
    -Student: Jax Nel, Tan Narth
    -Natural Sensitivity: Control
    -Natural Weakness: Sense
    -Weapons: Dual sabers
    -Blade Color: Blue
    -Hilt Description: The hilts of Tharc?s sabers are thick hilts from traditional Mandalorian sabers. They were passed down through the Tiln family for almost 500 years, and both have several notches from kills and sigils representing who held it.
    -Lightsaber Form: Form I: Proficiency, Niman/Jar?Kai: Mastery
    -Jedi Martial Arts: Striking: Focus
    -Force Powers: Push, Pull, Speed, Throw Saber, Force Immunity, Jump, Slow, Heal, Mind Control, Telepathy, Stasis Field, Destroy Droid, Force Shield, Force Sight
    -Midi-Chlorian Count: 15,000
    -Conventional Skills: Interrogation (think Vau), First Aid, Weapons Maintenance, Lip Reading, and battlefield construction
    -Biographical History: Tiln was born a poor Mandalorian farmer. He spent the days since he could walk until he was eight working somehow on his family?s farm. When he was eight years old, his father spent more and more time with him, teaching him how to shoot, hunt, stealth, guerilla tactics, and anything else that would be useful in the field. He went on several war trips with his father, and earned himself a name before he was 10.
    He caught the eye of a young Mandalorian female by the name of Sodye. They were engaged to be married when Mandalore put out a call: ?The war of a lifetime is here. Come to Mandalore. We fight.? In the first battle, Sodye had a razor bug come at her. She dodged it, and continued firing ahead. The bug came around, and went for her neck. By the time she felt it, she had lost too much blood to be saved. Tharc let out a howl when he saw her body lying in the dirt, her head a meter away, blood covering her golden chestplate. The winds picked up?lightning flashed. Unbeknownst to all, on that day, Tharc first touched the Force, and conjured a storm powerful enough to drive the Vong-bio pirates back far enough to give the Mandalorians the upper hand. Tharc roamed the galaxy, killing pirates using illegal Vong weapons wherever he found them. He ran into Met Tharnel shortly after the initial battle. Met took Tharc under his wing. Tharc wasn?t even 13.
    He achieved Knighthood under Met?s tutelage, by the age of 18. He went on several spiritual journeys to try and help him deal with his fiancées loss. After coming back after nine years with several holocrons as well as tales of several Force-centered societies, not to mention a successfully trained apprentice as well as a new one, Tharc was granted the rank of Master.

25. ShadowofMiracles

ShadowofMiracles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    I'm having a little trouble making my character so its taking me longer than I hoped, I was wondering when will the RP start and if anyone will be able to join after the RP has started?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.