main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Trials of the Force Chronicles: The Blood War Of Apsolon

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JohnHunter, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Do you want me to wait for a cue of my own? Let me know.

2. JohnHunter

JohnHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2006
    OCC: Don't worry, Yuul. I'm getting to that. [face_peace]

IC: Driton

Driton's words had barely left his mouth when he saw the Jedi Knight rise slowly but steadily from his seat, and walk over to where he crouched.

"What's wrong?" he questioned, turning towards Driton who was with the injured China before walking over to them. He rubbed at his eyes again. "Any change in her condition?"

He shook his head slowly. "I'm not sure...I think I saw vision or something. It happened once before back when we first landed."
    Becoming quiet for a moment he looked back to Alec. "Is she going to be alright?"
    He turned when he saw one of the other Jedi, Nolston, come up to stand by them.

"I'm sure China will do well under your care Alec", Nolston commented somewhat slowly his throat a little sore from their last ordeal. "If you would like Alec we could take turns keep watch over China it might give us all a chance to get some rest", he suggested sincerely as Nolston turned his attention to Driton.

Driton looked to Nolston and then back to Alec, thinking about it. "That sounds good, what do you think?"

TAG: Alec, Nolston, China (If inclined - Spaz.)

OCC: Thank you for your long posts. Mine is a bit bare-bones right now because I'm trying to help a friend with something at the moment. >.<'
    The next ones will be more embellished.

3. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    OCC: I am writing new chapters for the continuation of the story "End of Peace", which is directly related to the current story you are in.
    The thread will soon be unlocked so be sure to check out the new advances in the story! [face_peace]
    [face_dancing]
    http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/26546947/p1/

IC: Hurubaas

Not long after their duel ended, the hangar bay swarmed with armed Blooded soldiers, all leveling their machine guns at Emyo.
    The line of soldiers at the middle parted and a sergeant came forward to Tenku Zan with a hand-held holoprojector which he handed to the Jedi General.
    The disk-shaped projector suddenly came to life in the palm of his hand and a small three-inch hologram of Hurubaas came into view.
    As Emyo was being led out of the hangar by a large contingent of soldiers, the hologram of Hurubaas spoke.
    The small figure had his arms folded away into the sleeves of his faded dark blue robes and a small smile crossed his features.
    "Greetings, General Zan. I have called to inform you that you are needed planet-side. There has been a most distressing problem with an unknown insurgent Jedi Master who has been disrupting the flow of supplies to our mercenary forces that are taking up residence on the continents. If you would, please take a shuttle down to the surface and meet me within my Sanctum for the briefing."
    The tiny figure smiled and the hologram fizzled out.

The sergeant executed a crisp salute and then gestured to a Lambada-class shuttle waiting yards away at the other end of the hangar.
    "This way, Sir."
    As he turned to lead the way to the shuttle, elsewhere across the hangar bay, the captured Jedi had just boarded a lift-tube that would take him to the brig...

TAG: Yuul

4. WISE_JEDI12

WISE_JEDI12 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    IC: Rado Tavlan

Rado paused for a moment from his brisk stride to bend over and rub his knee. Even with the force to help the rigors of old age were beginning to get to him, especially in the cold, so he was relieved to see lights up ahead. Nodding to Lai he began jogging calling on the Force to relieve his muscles and joints from the pain and stiffness he was experiencing. When he got close he slowed down and hid behind a snow bank to check it out.

"Better safe then sorry,"

thought Rado as he carefully peered over the top making sure he could not be noticed by anyone watching. Once he saw it was the Jedi he motioned to Lai that it was safe and they jogged over.

Tag: All at Shuttle

OOC: Sorry about the short post but I just needed a quick fix to get me to where you guys are

5. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    Village Outskirts, Shuttle

While he stood over China with the others, something caught Driton's eye.
    Out of his peripheral vision he saw some movement through the forward viewport of the shuttle.
    It looked like a pair of figures were making their way towards them.
    "Hey mates, it looks like we've got some company..."
    Quickly, he went down to where he had laid his jacket in his seat and retrieved his sawed-off shotgun and coming back to stand in front of where China lay, leveled it at the door.

All at once there was a hiss as the door somehow opened from the outside and in stepped a rather dimutive and tough looking woman dressed in green plastoid-armor and right behind her an old and venerable Jedi Master.
    Driton blinked.
    "Lai? Master Talvan?"

Surprised but overjoyed he went to fetch them both blankets as the door shut behind them.
    He tossed one to the each of them and grinned at Lai. "Did you Jimmie open that door with a tunnler? Couldn't wait eh?"
    Turning, he smiled to Rado. "Good to see you again Master Jedi. After the whole battle back there and the way you two disappeared we weren't sure what to think."

TAG: Rado

6. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Good to be back in character again! Are any of us in it? Either way I'll look when I have the time.
    IC: Tenku Zan

"Greetings, General Zan. I have called to inform you that you are needed planet-side. There has been a most distressing problem with an unknown insurgent Jedi Master who has been disrupting the flow of supplies to our mercenary forces that are taking up residence on the continents. If you would, please take a shuttle down to the surface and meet me within my Sanctum for the briefing."

"This way, Sir."

Tenku's mind quickly dissected the information, at the same time pouring over the jedi masters he knew that this might be while at the same time replied to the man in that soft, but firm voice that somehow could be heard in all corners of the hangar, "Of course soldier, lead the way." As he followed the man he continued to take in the information, and what it threatened should whoever it was continue meddling in their affairs. It was certain however, that it must be dealt with and Tenku knew there were only two main options, and their variants, and they were to turn or to kill...

Tag
    OOC: Would be longer but don't have long since
    I am using a lab computer due to my home PC being inoperable.

7. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    OCC: Don't worry about it. ;) It was a small post, but the important thing was that it had great quality. That?s part of what shows a person to be a good RPer. [face_mischief]
    I'll be sure to fill you in on more of what Tenku's mission will be. [face_peace]

Other news is that I just put up the new chapter and yes, there will definitely be more following it.
    Heh, and to answer your question, Yuul, there will be some of the characters in our current story that will either make cameos or will be mentioned. I plan to do a really cool (and bad-*ss) cinematic style cameo of Tenku. o_O

(Sorry, I actually imaged what his cameo would look like, and it was vivid in my head like a movie, Heh. So yeah, it'll look bad-*ss. ^.~

8. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Alec Stuko
    Apsolon, Shuttle

"That sounds good, what do you think?"

"I think," Alec replied, "that I will try and heal her first."

The healer dropped to his knees in front of where China lay, and had to stop himself from falling face first outright. He was tired, his body still having not gotten enough rest to recover. The little sleep that he managed to gain before Driton awoke him helped, but it was only a small fraction compared to how much he truly needed.

But the Force was eternal. No matter how tired he was, the Force was always with him, ready to help him help others. So long as he still lived, the Force would be with him. Always.

Shutting out Driton and Nolston, dispelling distractions to clear his mind, Alec's hands hovered over China's form. He opened his mind to the Force, strengthening his link to it, so that it could now flow easily to him and through him. And once he was ready, he opened another link toward China, linking her presence to him and thus to the Force. With this link, Alec had the Force flow from him to China, having it fill her own body.

Alec manipulated the Force, having it course through the other's body, like a scanner. Once it detected a node of distress, of pain, of injury, Alec focused the Force energy there, accelerating the self-healing properties of her body. And once the node had been erased, the healer moved on, to find another center of pain to sooth.

TAG: Shuttle People

9. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    IC: Hurubaas

The scene opens from black to see a lambada shuttle slowly unfold its wings as it takes off from a cruiser in orbit.
    It cuts to another scene where the shuttle rounds the planet and pulls into the atmosphere, heading down towards a base near the northern regions of the enormous world.
    The place, a fortress cut from a mountain, and overlooking a small city, sits amidst an icy tundra.
    Moving in towards a ramp slowly extending from the highest point of the fortress, the shuttle slowly comes in and sets down.
    Fade to black.

As the ramp to the shuttle extended, a familiar figure walked out towards the platform to greet Tenku Zan.
    The figure approached, smiling knowingly. He inclined his head in a nod of respect towards Zan - a thing he rarely did with anyone.
    "It is good to see you again, my old apprentice." Hurubaas said, his eyes mirroring the pleasurable tone in his voice.
    Together they stood as icy winds whipped about them and below the ramp where they stood was a gaping thousand-foot chasm.
    Amongst the sounds of the howling wind, Hurubaas said, "Let us go inside. I have something important to discuss with you."

As he turned, he placed a gentle hand on Zan's back and walked back with him until they reached the inner chamber of the Grandmaster's sanctum, his personal quarters.
    Behind them, the door leading out to his personal platform shut, causing the sounds of buffeting wind to cease abruptly.
    Pacing around to the other side of his long-table, Hurubaas sat and, gathering a utensil in each hand; began to dine on a meal of Goba rice and Nerf cutlet.
    For a moment, he sat quietly, wielding the knife with deft precision as he cut a slice of Nerf meat away, angling the blade as though it were a surgical tool.
    Before he brought the food to his lips however, he paused and without looking up said, "It has been brought to my attention that a renegade Jedi of unknown origin has been conducting assassinations throughout a greatly contested area of land known as the Theron March."
    He brought the fork to his lips and then bringing it away, began to chew on the meat.
    When he chewed, the motions of his mouth illustrated a thoroughness, a deliberateness.
    Once he swallowed he spoke again. "His targets have been the Brigade Commanders of our military forces stationed there. They have been reduced to confining themselves within their bases and while this does not pose a logistical problem, it has been causing the image of my armies and I to look weak and unstable politically."
    Prior to scooping up a forkful of rice he paused again.
    "I do not have to tell you that this appearance of weakness in the eyes of the fiercely rebellious deziens there has fueled the boldness and idiotic courage of a local insurgent movement. They have now began making small attacks of opportunity on those bases there as well."
    Looking down at his fork and the rice on it, he turned the utensil over, dumping the grains back onto his plate.
    He pushed them aside and instead went for the remaining cutlet there.
    When he spoke again, his voice was deadly serious. "I do not care for these terrorists - however my real problem is the Jedi Master. He must be found..."
    His voice trailed off as he stared at the meat, his eyes suddenly taking on a glazed look.
    For an instant it almost felt through the Force as if something had moved into and out of the Codru-Ji in a moment.
    Then it was gone.
    His voice came back and as he spoke his next words he plunged his knife straight into the middle of the remaining meat, burying it deep.
    "...and killed."
    He looked up to Zan, his eyes suddenly burning with the intensity of a turbolaser.
    "I will tell you that soon we will be at war with the Republic formally. They will come here and land thousands upon thousands of soldiers and armored fighting vehicles, in an attempt to kill me, to kill you.
    I do not have enough students to fight all of them without the assistance of the local armies and the requisition of the many mercenary groups we will need. The moment of our greatest t

10. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

The flight was short and soon Tenku found himself descending the shuttle's ramp just as a familiar figure walked out of the structure to greet him. His old master, a man he held a very large amount of respect for. The same was true in reverse, Tenku being on of the few Hurubaas respected.

"It is good to see you again, my old apprentice. Let us go inside. I have something important to discuss with you."

The Miraluka nodded before proceeding to follow the man, once inside the sounds of the winds ceased abruptly, leaving in its place a quiet calm. After Hurubaas sat down, Tenku followed, listening intently when the older started speaking again. Tenku listened intently as his former master outlined the situation, a situation that had to be fixed, and the way to fix it meant the death of the jedi. If he or she was anything close to the reports, this person might actually pose a challenge in fight, but Tenku did not dare raise his own expectations, and hopes. However when his former master looked up, Tenku saw the intensity in his eyes and knew there was something more.

"I will tell you that soon we will be at war with the Republic formally. They will come here and land thousands upon thousands of soldiers and armored fighting vehicles, in an attempt to kill me, to kill you.
    I do not have enough students to fight all of them without the assistance of the local armies and the requisition of the many mercenary groups we will need. The moment of our greatest test is quickly approaching. We will need to weather this coming storm with strength and bravado. If we do not, we will lose the support of our greatest allies and then we will all perish."

Tenku's surprise was registered by only the subtle arching of one of his eyebrows, a thing only his former master could detect. Tenku had known that war with the republic would come, but in a rare mistake had considered it to take another few months before it actually began. Through his sight, which he had through the force like all Miraluka. although his was far more advanced and powerful, only increased by his training, he saw Hurubaas look up, staring into his masked face unrivaled by most.

"Right now we are preparing our fortifications and manpower, bracing for war. The mercenaries and Blooded forces are moving into their respective combat zones, where they will stay until the initial wave comes.
    This Jedi will need to be sought out and destroyed. Your task will be to go to the Thelon March and seek him out. In this endeavor I will give you an accompanying force of fifty men. It is all I will be able to spare you."

The former jedi master proceeded to hand Tenku a datapad containing all the information available which Tenku began to study even while continuing to listen attentively to Hurubaas.

"The time draws near. A Combat-Transport will be waiting to carry you with a fighter-tank and your contingent of men to the March. The Circle of Confirmation is moving now, speeding up. I can feel its eddies of light and dark swirling at intersections and then drifting apart again.... I'm going to need you to personally see to it that this Jedi winds up dead. Be prepared, for he may be the greatest match you have fought yet. Kill him and report back to me here at once afterwards."
    Nodding, he turned back to his meal, taking up a utensil in each hand once again.
    "You have your orders, General Zan. May the Force be with you..."

When his master mentioned the challenge rating given this mission, and the supposed skill of the targeted jedi Tenku was thrilled. It only registered in his mind, nothing to betray the feeling on his face or any other part of his body, but he was thrilled. "I will not fail you." Tenku replied, before bowing and turning and proceeding to walk back out into the wailing winds without flinching, towards the designated landing zone. I will not fail...

Tag
    OOC: Two questions, first, what's the Circle of Confirmation? Is it the ship? And if so was I supposed to end the post wit

11. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    OCC: I had a busy day and have been attempting to find out whether I'm going to be let go or not, so I'm sorry I couldn't post. I will tomorow though. Don't worry. [face_peace]

12. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    OCC: The Circle of Confirmation is just a philosophical reference to some of the teachings of the Grandmaster Arjune, of The Center and such. They are referenced sometimes by both characters.
    Don't worry. He didn't miss his transport or anything either. ^_~
    Thanks for the compliment on the fanfic btw, I'm glad your enjoying it. You guys are the reason I write this stuff. :)

In the time that followed, Tenku was taken by Lambada Shuttle to a military base down in the city below.
    There he was met with a contingent of Blooded soldiers.
    Like those of the warship he had served on, they wore dark uniforms and caps, with automatic slugthrowers shouldered in tow.
    Highly professional, they saluted him in unison as he disembarked the shuttle and approached their position.
    They had lined up in formation to be inspected, as behind them an Ground Armored Tank or GAT was being loaded onto an Incom Y-4 Raptor Transport.
    As the light hovertank was loaded onto the craft, a tall blond man of about his mid-twenties with the look of an officer approached Tenku and stood before him with a crisp salute.

IC: Commander Appo

After saluting, the young man nodded to Zan and then to his troops.
    "I am Commander Gordon Apo and these are the men belonging to a detachment of the Aurek Company. I am their Commanding Officer. I trust you have inspected them and found them satisfactory?"

TAG: Tenku

13. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Can't wait until monday!

"I am Commander Gordon Apo and these are the men belonging to a detachment of the Aurek Company. I am their Commanding Officer. I trust you have inspected them and found them satisfactory?"

Tenku gave a slight smile, "More than satisfactory Commander, and I shall make a note of it upon our return, such behavior deserves to be rewarded after all. Wouldn't you agree Commander?" Tenku replied smoothly, his eyes sliding across each and every soldier as he did so before returning his gaze to the commander. After a momentary pause he continued, "How long until we will be ready to leave Commander?" He finished, tactics that may be useful against a jedi with what resources he had moveing through his mind at speeds that, if physical, would put podracers to shame.

Tag: JohnHunter

14. WISE_JEDI12

Feb 7, 2005

"Good to see you again Master Jedi. After the whole battle back there and the way you two disappeared we weren't sure what to think."

"Good to see you as well Driton, Lai and I had a rough time and got seperated from the rest of the group, plus the snowstorm stopped us from coming back as soon as possible."

With that he stepped past Driton to watch the young Jedi Alec Stuko attempt to heal China Monroe. She looked gravely injured but Alec had the look of a healer about him and from him emmenated a lot of power and force energy. Watching Alec heal China reminded him of something.

"So team from here what is our plan where are we going we still have a mission to complete you know."

Tag: All

15. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006

As Driton felt the Jedi Master step past him and look on to watch the expert healing of Alec Stuko, Driton was quietly reminded that it was he who had been responsible for China's predicament.
    "That?s a good question, Master Jedi." He said quietly, bowing his head low.
    A took a deep breath. "I...I'll check on Master River and Scraw to see if there's any help they might need. Please watch over China while I'm gone. I know she'll be safe with you mates protecting her.
    In truth, he felt guilty again. Guilty at his inability, for his lack of proper judgment.
    If he hadn't been such a buffoon, than China would at least be up and about like the others.
    Maybe they were better off without him?

Walking to the hatch to the shuttle, he keyed the pad next to the door and as it opened, he left without a word.

Setting off into the frigid wastes that led back to the forest, he wrapped his jacket around himself and zipped it up tight, his thoughts on the future of the mission and the team.

TAG: All

16. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    IC: Gordon Appo

Appo nodded at Zan's statement. "I am grateful at the recommendation, Sir." Then he added, "We are ready to leave now, Sir. I shall begin moving our forces at once."
    Turning, his face took on a hard look and he shouted to the soldiers lined up before them, "About-face, March!"

Obediently, the half-company of troops turned and began to load onto the Transport, descending up its ramps.
    Once they were inside, Commander Appo turned and nodded respectfully to Zan, then turned to board the craft himself.

The Y-4 skimmed high over the frosty surface of Apsolon, heading directly north and moving over several large patches of forest.
    Inside the craft, soldiers stood at attention, disciplined and aware, and ready to do their Commander and General's bidding.
    Pilots had already finished prepping the GAT and were tending to the last procedures when a red light near the command cabin flashed several times.
    They at last were approaching their Landing Zone.

After the ship landed, the soldiers all filed out behind the tank as it moved quietly on its repulsor-field.
    Appo disembarked from the transport with Zan and turning, spoke in his usual serious voice. "Sir, we will now be heading to Outpost Besh. Besh is approximately four miles from here and the beginning path into enemy territory. Our transport will head back to the city where it will refuel and then head back to pick us up after we are done with our mission."
    He turned and inclined his head toward the tank. "We will be taking the rest of this journey on foot, so If you wish I can offer you a comfortable seat in the tank, so that you do not have to walk in the cold."

TAG: Zan

17. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

"Sir, we will now be heading to Outpost Besh. Besh is approximately four miles from here and the beginning path into enemy territory. Our transport will head back to the city where it will refuel and then head back to pick us up after we are done with our mission. We will be taking the rest of this journey on foot, so If you wish I can offer you a comfortable seat in the tank, so that you do not have to walk in the cold."

Tenku nodded thoughtfully, "Very well, and on the way you can tell me what you do know of the attacks. Our leader has breifed yes, but I would, appreciate, hearing your opinion and view on it..." Tenku stated as they moved towards the tank, and its warmer confines. At the present Tenku was considering the possibility of what allies or followers the jedi might have at his or her disposal, it certainly wouldn't be a large force and it was much more likely that he was either working alone, or with a small squad or group of specialists.

His thoughts switched to those of his prey's possible combat skills. Prior to him leaving the order he was in the top lists of duelists, and certainly one of the most respected. One of the key factors in this equation was his target's prefered form, or, whether or not he prefered to go hand to hand or stay away from melee all together, though he doubted that last one due to the jedi's past acts.

Tag

18. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006

At his reply, the Commander nodded and walked with him over to the tank.
    As the hatch opened, he fixed him with a serious stare. "What we do know of the attacks is that so far within the last year three different outposts have been attacked throughout this region. Targeted by a single individual whom from we can gather uses a lightsaber to slay the soldiers stationed there. We do not know who the individual is or what they are, we only know that it moves in at random times and gains entry into the bases somehow, then proceeds to kill every living occupant inside. From analysis of the attacks, we know that the killer has no obvious accomplices and appears to move alone."
    As Appo finished his sentence one of the pilots hopped out of the tank and moved to take his place among those marching through the cold, sparing Zan his place inside the vehicle.
    "Sir, one last thing." Appo said, the serious look and tone never leaving him. "If you want my opinion..." He trailed off and looked down, then up again. "Something does not feel right about this mission. I don't know how to explain it..."
    He firmed his lips and his eyes had a determined look to them. "I do know however, that if we do move against this killer, it needs to be done swiftly..."

As they left the LZ, the men of Aurek Company trudged silently through the snow, without comment or complaint.
    Hours went by and with them so too did the constant scenery of snowy forest.
    Half an hour and a small blizzard later, a small fort was spotted in the distance.
    Walking beside the tank, Appo spoke into the comlink at his wrist and gestured to the distant structure with his finger.
    "There it is. Just a bit farther to go, General."

Upon reaching the grounds of the fort, Zan and the men could immediately notice something strange.
    The guard posts on the outlying area of the checkpoint were empty of guards and looked deserted.
    Appo nodded to his men and raising their rifles, they moved further into the compound carefully, making their way toward the entrance of the central building.
    Once they reached it, they noticed the large sliding durasteel door that served as the entryway was slightly ajar and that some of the light coming from within the building was flickering on and off randomly.
    Appo stopped and stared at the doorway and then turned to Zan. "This is strange. It looks as if there was an accident of some sort that occurred within the building..."
    He turned to one of his technical specialists who held a data-scanner between his hands.
    "Can your machine detect any presence of a chemical leak or other hazards?"
    An answer came, one that Zan had already known of milliseconds beforehand, thanks to the Force.
    "No, Sir. My equipment reads nothing. Also, no lifeforms are being detected throughout the vicinity of the base either."
    Appo turned back to the entrance and looked it over, his mind working.
    He turned to Zan. "Sir, I believe it would be best to move in and check this out. I will take one half of the men, and you will have the other. The GAT will stay out here to guard at the entrance."
    He nodded to a few men who positioned themselves near the half-opened door.
    "Alright, squads two and three move in, squads one and four accompany the General and protect him at all costs."

Leveling his slugthrower pistol, Appo and his contingent of men moved in through the gap and into the poorly lit structure.
    As Zan made his way in as well, the first thing his Force-perceived vision told him was that the interior of the rooms he came across as he passed through were strewn about with trash and that the walls of the place seemed to be covered in strange markings.
    Deep trenches.
    Room after room as he passed, he witnessed the same things over and over again.
    Furniture and equipment lay scattered about haphazardly and in most cases destroyed almost beyond recognition.
    Still though, there were no signs of life, human or otherwise.
    Suddenly, Zan heard a loud bellow from somewhere many halls and rooms away. It sounded as if someon

19. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

It had not been long since they had started looking through the deserted, or rather devestated, in the terms of its garison, base. Tenku had sensed it the moment they had entered the walls. There was no life signs, not any his mastered sense through the force could detect anyway. They had split into two groups, and Tenku knew it was only a matter of time until one group either found the person responsible, or, far more likely, he or she found them.

He had briefly considered the fact that their prey might not even be here anymore, but he quickly discounted that. This was no coincedence, their target knew they were coming, this was a trap, an ambush. He had not said as much to the commander nor the men, he wanted the killer to think he had succeeded, all the better for his own advantage. This mission was doomed to get a sizeable portion of the infantry killed, but with this turn of events, there might just be less that have to face death.

For if he or she was indeed here, then they would not have to suffer the losses that trying to track him down in the wilderness would cause. Perha... His line of thought was broken when he heard a loud bellow that sounded like someone calling his name. "Stay together men, this way..." Tenku said softly, as his group turned in the direction of the sound. As they moved cautiously towards their destination Tenku subtly stretched out his senses, to be all the more prepared to surprise the ambusher.

Tag

20. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006

As Zan moved through the halls, he came to the entrance of a room where Commander Appo stood in the doorway, not moving.
    "General...you had better take a look at this..." Came Appo's voice, in barely a whisper.
    Stepping inside, the room was revealed to be wide and spacious, and as the vision of Zan tracked to the floor, even in the dim light that had filtered into the room from the hallway; he could see that it was filled with dozens upon dozens of bodies.
    Piled high, one on top of the other, lying about in contorted positions, many of them were missing heads or limbs and instead those seemed to dot the floor of the room in other places.
    Though the annihilation had been done hours before, the smell of burned ozone and charred flesh still hung in the air, permeating the place.
    Above the fray of corpses there was an inscription in Aurebesh, carved into the wall in thick gouge marks, it read:

Meet me in ghost city

Commander Appo stood still and silent for a few moments, then he leaned upon one side of the entrance for support, his hand clenching the durasteel frame there.
    "Those men...they had no chance...the poor skroggin'..." he said, biting out the last word and turned to Zan, his eyes clearly showing a quiet rage.
    "We must go to that city fast. I know where it is. We have to go there and get him before he strikes another base just like this one..."
    Behind him a few of the reconnaissance troopers he had sent out returned, breathing heavily from sprinting the width of the garrison.
    Appo turned to them, quietly seething. "Where is it?"
    One of them pulled off his IR goggles and shook his head. "Not here, Sir."

Appo turned to Zan. "Time is running out..."

As the soldiers trudged on ahead through the snow, Appo and Zan sat side by side within the command cabin of the GAT.
    The hovertank plowed over snow just behind the forward collumn and as it did, Appo looked over a sheath of flimsiplast and then referred to a datapad at his lap while the driver stationed in front of he and Zan kept busy at the controls.
    "The place we are heading to, now referred to as "Ghost City" by some was once a bustling mining center. But about a decade ago when your Master arrived here, there was a large-scale combat operation in this region that saw much fighting within the boom town and in the consequent fighting many people died or fled. So, it has been abandoned for years, except for the occasional smugglers or gangsters that squat in it from time to time."
    The driver called back to Appo and Zan. "Sirs, the city is approximately one mile off from our position."
    Appo nodded absentmindedly while still looking over the flimisplast.
    He looked to Zan. "I'm going to pop the lid the do a little visual surveying if you don't mind, Sir."
    With that he stood and climbed up a small rung-ladder at his side and after taking a few steps opened the armored hatch to the tank.
    Stepping up onto it, he pulled up a pair of macrobinnoculars and peered into the distance.

Suddenly, Zan's Force sense screamed.
    A blaster bolt issued from somewhere in the treeline around them and struck Commander Appo square in the chest.
    Zan saw the man buckle and fall back into the command cabin, eyes fluttering and body shaking violently.
    Outside the tank, screams of men could be heard, and sounds of powerful engines as hundreds of swoop-bikes powered up and gunned toward their position.

Quickly the men of Aurek Company formed into a protective circle around the tank and began firing at their assailants who now roared forward on swoops.
    The attackers looked to be men in ragtag clothing wielding bowcasters, and as they sped forward they screamed war cries, firing and cutting down Blooded soldiers in their wake.

21. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Nolston Oaland
    Shuttle

A grave nod was the only response that Nolston showed in response to Alec as the healer set to ease China in her pain. Master Rado rejoined them, and for that Nolston was extremely pleased for through the dense cloud of darkness that enveloped Apsolon it was increasingly more difficult to sense his fellow jedi brethren each time he tried. He was not entirely sure how much of his present difficulties were to be blamed on his latest ordeal with his former master, but Nolston was nonetheless bothered by his weakening connection with the lightside of the Force.

The news of Driton departing brough Nolston once again out of his pondering, and as the lone commander made away from them it instilled that a war was still to be had and it would not be ended on the account of their sufferings.

"Master Rado I would like to have a word if you may", Nolston requested solemnly his eyes trading their calm appearance for that of one who was focused intensily.

Tag:Rado

22. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

"I'm going to pop the lid the do a little visual surveying if you don't mind, Sir."

Tenku's force sense screamed, no wailed. As a miraluka, Tenku had a naturally stronger sense than most, combine that with his intense training to further that, well... If he wasn't such a master with dealing with his senses and had still been a padawan, his force abilities would have likely torn apart the tank he was in. While Tenku was dealing with his now heightened senses, a blaster bolt struck Commander Appo strait in the chest, knocking him back into the tank, dead.

Tenku proceeded to quickly exit the tank and felt more than saw the swoopers. If he had had eyes, their glare would have been instantly killing the enemies that encircled them. As it was the men under his command had quickly fallen back into a tight defensive ring around the tank which Tenku quickly ordered to fire at will. The masked miraluka then proceeded to do two things. The first, he quickly surged the force into the plants in a circle around his men, sprouting a thorny hedge in a circle around his men, and for effect making the hedge dark and sinister, to not only lessen the threat to the soldiers, but to make it more dangerous for the swoopers. The second thing Tenku proceeded to do, was as he stepped out of the tank he sheithed himself in an illusion, making him appear to the swoopers, and only the swoopers, as a being of shadow, nothing else being seen by them save for piercing, intimidating, deadly green eyes that would seem to pierce through to their very souls. At the same he directed a force enhanced fear at their foes, the illusion tailor-made to accompany it.

He then spoke, calm and coldly sinister, to the swoopers, "You have brought about your deaths today mortals, who shall be first to feel the reaper's blade?" His illusion making the lightsaber as a dark and coldly gleaming sythe to the swoopers, but again normal to his men. He proceeded to use a diluted, but widespread use of Torture directed at his enemies, to cause the often fabled 'life flashing before your eyes' effect. Just only the bad or in any way painful memories. Tenku proceeded to draw his mind into a state of deadly focus, known to most force-users as Battlemind, before slowly and silently walking towards where the nearest swoopers would end up, rasing his lightsaber/sythe and bring it down in a quick arc where the closest one would be at the time it slashed. And swoops can't stop nearly as quick a regular speeder bikes...

Tag: John
    OOC: Hope that makes up for the delay...:cool:

23. WISE_JEDI12

Feb 7, 2005

"Master Rado I would like to have a word if you may"

"Of course,"
    said Rado.

As he replied he began to walk out of the shuttle, gesturing for Nolston to follow him. When he got outside he took a deep breath enjoying the crispness of the air, ever since his time in a Bothan cell being tortured he preferred the great outdoors to the inside it just seemed more natural to him. After surveying his surroundings to make sure they were not in any danger Rado turned to Nolston and said,

"What do you wish to speak of Knight Oaland?"

Tag: LordPullus

24. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    Thelon Insurgents

As Tenku brought the scythe down, it slashed into the nearest oncoming rider who could do little to avoid it.
    He screamed loudly as the burning blade bit down into he and his vehicle, causing them both to erupt into flames instantly.
    With the thick thorny shrubbage that had suddenly grown around the contingent of enemy soldiers, the rest of the swoop-riders hesitated.
    They looked to the new being that had emerged from the tank and some of the swoops began to turn around, fleeing for their lives.
    The rest that were held more solidly in place by the mental torture being reaped upon their minds, hovered in place, gnashing their teeth with many screaming in agony.
    As others turned to leave the scene though, many more engines could be heard powering up in the distance.
    More swoop-riders gunned through the trees only to be caught up in the same displacing field that Tenku's technique was taking effect in.
    Men bellowed blood-curling screams and many collapsed to the ground, shaking.
    Then suddenly, with as much fear that could be sensed from the men, Tenku sensed much of it instead was now turning to anger and from anger to a black, simmering rage.
    The memories that played in their heads were ones of desperation and fear and death and shame.
    Seeing old friends and loved ones being cut down in front of their eyes, over and over again began to take a toll on their emotions and most of them began to grit their teeth, either climbing back onto their swoops or taking control of them again.
    In tandem they began to screech, throwing themselves both at the specter of darkness before them and the hedgy circle of thorns surrounding the group of soldiers.
    Their vision was muddled by fury and pain, so much that many of the oncoming riders accidently slammed their vehicles into the thorny hedge protecting the enemy troops.
    The many gallons of highly combustible fuel present in the exploded hovercraft leaked into the wall of vegetation and caught fire, quickly causing the hedge surrounding the Blooded troops to become a fiery ring of death.
    Even so, more swoop-riders sped forward, numbering almost a hundred now, their bowcasters set on automatic and raking the ground in front of Zan with gouts of lethal blaster-fire.
    Even while this was happening, the men within the ring of death began screaming as they were roasted alive, many of them attempting to claw their way out of the protective barrier of thorns, instead impaling themselves in the attempt.

As that happened, the bowcaster shots now became more focused and were leveled directly at the Jedi Master, with a dozen bolts now streaking toward where he stood.

25. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

At the sight of the fire Tenku grimaced, but held to his illusion and began to manipulate the now flaming plants, many of which were only still living because of his control. The suddenly surged, lashing and growing outwards like flaming, thorned whips. More thorned hedges arose around the groups of bikers, each hedge at some point touching the main one, bring the flames to them as they two began lashing out at the bikers. At the same time Tenku's 'sythe' continued to 'reap' its harvest like the mythological reaper of which the idea of his illusion was based.

As he did this Tenku gave the order for the tank to fire while turning to what was left of his men, "Pull yourselves together! Are you Blooded Soldiers or are you cowards?!" Tenku's mind was now moving quickly, the additional hedges around the swooper groups had been one of his ideas to turn his flaming misfortune into a killer advantage. The next problem was all the incoming blaster bolts, a lot of which were heading his way, him being the object of their current fears. He rolled forward agilely, becoming lower than the first hedge as he did so, dodging many of the rounds aimed at him before launching himself with a force assisted leap into the air, sending a ball of kinetite at one of the clumps of swoops before landing right in front of the flaming hedge facing the swoopers in front of him, the whiping plants behind him lashing out around his sides at the two nearest swoops.

"Who's first?"

Tag: John
    OOC: Didn't feel that was one of my best, hope thats okay though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.