main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Trials of the Force Chronicles: The Blood War Of Apsolon

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JohnHunter, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Nolston
    Orbitial Platform

Giving a nod of appreciation towards both of his fellow companion's for their information Nolston resumed his reading once again. The volumes of information gathered about the finacial ties this lone system had to almost every major asset in the galaxy was astounding, and Nolston had thought it a very sound strategical move for the Rogue Jedi to set up base on the waring world.

"Very disturbing to know that a world waring so viciously amongst itself is doing nothing, but feeding into the power of the Darkside", Nolston commented quietly before switching the datapad off completely.

Master Thrac had come to inform them that the Wookie Master Scraw had indeed called them into the hangar bay area of the platform. Nolston had few instances to interact with either Master Thrac or Master Scraw. Their reputation within the Order boasted of many accomplishments, and Nolston had heard many of them personally from his own former Padawan who idolized the raw power and strength the Jedi Master exhibted through the Force.

A nod of acknowledgment to Master Thrac's comment Nolston quickly slipped the data pad back into it's place amongst his belongings before standing up to follow Master Thrac, and his two fellow Jedi towards the hanger bay area.........

Tags Thrac, Alec, and China

2. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: River

With a sigh, River walked calmly, her young apprentice trailing behind her still looking a bit tearful. Had her hood be revealing her beautiful mismatched orbs, all of her fellow Jedi would have been able to read the feelings of anger and fear from them the way one would read a book.

Six year old Ira, carying his small bag looked up at her with his big, slate eyes still glistening with tears.

River had wanted to leave her young Padawan behind, even though she loved him deeply, maybe because she did. The Grandmaster had stated only one of them would come back, which meant hi was in death peril, still, both Ira and the Grandmaster had insisted he had to come along. He was only seven years for crying out loud!

Still, orders were orders, even if it meant leading a kid to his death for the stuborness...oh well, she better stop thinking that way before the Force decided to punish her again.

River bowed her head at Alec, who she knew because of their shared powers at healing, even if she went out on missions more often.

"Mathter Irith?" Ira asked so softly River doubted anyone heard him "Are you angry?"

"I'm not upset with you if that is what you indeed mean, Ira" she answered just as quietly.

The young lad knew better than to push her even more, Iris was a sweet tempered, calm woman, and rarely got upset; this was one of those rare moments in which it was better to keep one's little mouth shut.

River turned to Scraw, she wasn't too close to him at all, but she had a pretty good idea of him, since they had been sent to a mission together several years ago; there was also the fact that he had known her Master... and now, he was her leader for the first time, probably for the last time as well.

The Jedi Master bowed low in respect, her Padawan immitating her, yet bowing even lower. Either spoke a word as they stood there, waiting patiently.

Tag: Any

3. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Hey China, can you use different markings when you have your character talk and think? It's kind of difficult to tell when your character's either thinking or talking when you're using {{ }} for both *holds his poor head* :_|

IC: Alec Stuko
    Orbital Platform, Coruscant

Alec paused from his task at walking and returned the bow that the newly arrived Jedi - River - had given him. He knew of the Jedi Master; like him, she had devoted her talents to become a Jedi Healer. However, while Alec spent most of his life within the Jedi Temple to heal the injured, River tended to go on more offworld missions then he did.

Along with her Padawan. Despite himself, Alec couldn't help but blink in surprise when he noticed little Ira trailing after his master. Alec immediately went back through his memory, trying to recall if Ira's name had been mentioned when the names of the Jedi Knights and Masters were mentioned during the meeting with the Grandmaster. His name hadn't been called, but obviously something had happened to bring Ira along; River wasn't exactly someone Alec knew to bring her Padawan to something dangerous like this without some kind of reason.

But it didn't seem like the reason was sitting very well with the two. While River had her hood up, hiding her face, Alec only had to look at Ira to see the tears evident in his eyes and the muted conversation between the two that Alec couldn't hear.

Waiting for the two to bow to Master Scraw, Alec used the moment to sidestep to River's side and quietly asked a quick, "Is everything alright?" to her, glancing down at Ira as he did so.

Tag: River

4. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Master Scrawaoaanraoh

Orbital Platform Hangar, Coruscant

The Wookiee Jedi paced uneasily in the hangar, clearly contemplating the possible outcomes for the mission itself while he waited for the others to arrive. They were to depart almost immediately, but rushing into things without a solid course of action, not to say that Master Kara-naawu had no plan, just that many times it was a set of skills in which he lacked from time to time. Scraw paced slowly, his hands on his waist, tapping the leather of his belt and the hilt of his lightsaber until the Jedi started to arrive.

He gave them a customary nod of acknowledgement as they entered, and stood at the entry ramp of the shuttle, motioning for the other Jedi to gather around. Scraw could sense the nervousness many of them were facing, and it would soon work on the minds of the rest of the group after a time. As the other Jedi gathered, Scraw cleared his throat, which sounded like a guttural bark and eyed his team, his responsibility, with his good eye.

"I won't waste your time with greetings or with words filled with prophetic dooms," The Wookiee stated as he eyed the rest of the Jedi assembled. True, they were practitioners and students of the Force, both master and knight alike, but they were soldiers now. Even the diplomats and healers knew that this could very well be their last stand on Apsolon. "While our mission appears simple, it is always more complex than it seems. Trust me, I know..." Scraw raised a clawed finger to his scarred eye, the visible effects of kinrath poison now apparent to those who had never seen such a grievous wound. The poison that plagued his wound from childhood caused him to lose sight in his eye, but it caused him to gain greater sight within the Force.

"There are few of us, but we do not need the advantage of numbers for what we are tasked to do. I have little patience for diplomats, but I understand as well as any veteran in the Outer Rim territories that if diplomacy can end a war, then so be it. Nolston Oaland," Scraw let his eyes fall upon the young man, squinting slightly as if to take in more detail of the lad. "You understand the task before you: alongside China Monroe, the two of you must attempt to talk down Hurubaas and his confederates. It is my understanding that the two of you are well-versed in your field, but you will be taking some protection with you. These soldiers they are giving us are little more than meat trapped inside combat suits."

The Wookiee paused and let the thought sink in. "That is why Master Tharc will accompany you." His gaze shifted to the mentioned master. "You are not baby-sitting, but should anything go awry during negotiations, you will be charged with protecting them. You are to say nothing during the proceedings, but keep in mind if you are spoken to, you had best answer to keep up appearances." Scraw brushed back his mane of hair. "If we walk in with armed troops, they'll frag us for sure."

Military slang slipped out and Scraw caught himself before he could go any further. He let out an exasperated sigh, as if a massive weight were pushing down on his shoulders and turned his gaze to Master Rado. "Master Rado will gather the information he needs once we reach the cityscape alongside Master Ryleck and Master River. I am fully aware that investigating is best done individually, but should we come off as too nosy, the local authorities or worse yet, the local crime syndicates, may report us to Hurubaas and our plan will be shot down from there. The urban camouflage I leave in the capable hands of Rado."

He placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. "You will be leading this portion of the mission. I trust it will not prove too difficult." Scraw pulled his arm away and looked to the final Jedi left and

5. ShadowofMiracles

ShadowofMiracles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    alright! I'll be starting soon, by the way did you get my pm JohnHunter?

6. sithspawn189

sithspawn189 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2006
    Master Ryleck

Master Ryleck approached his newly formed squad member Master Rado. "Master Rado have you heard of Master River? Is she fairly decent with a saber?" Master Ryleck asked with great curiosity. Ryleck had a really bad feeling about their part of the mission.

"I hope that you, Master Rado, has kept up with your lightsaber training. I have a feeling this can turn sour real quick. Not to mension River's padawan." Ryleck said

"I hope her padawan will be able to protect himself or this could turn out really bad." Ryleck said to Rado with sorrow in his voice and a sour look on his face. "There is nothing harder on a Master than to have their padawan die in combat, and their is nothing they can do about it." Ryleck stated with all seriousness as he gestured for Master Rado to start toward their other squad member, Master River, with him.

Tag: Any

7. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: Tharc

"Master, is it wise to send us into the nek's den with just one warrior? Not to diminish Nolston and China's skills, but he will no doubt be expecting us. He will most likely have a group of warriors waiting for us...if he doesn't have the local authorities greased and has a missile grid waiting for us.
    "Please know, I do not mean to sound negative, but as a warrior by birthright, training, and upbringing. It would not do to have our diplomatic team killed before they even have a chance to talk."

TAG: All

8. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: River

River turned to look at Alec with the faintes of smiles upon her rosy, full lips.

"Well, I was...forced into bringing Ira with me, which, as I am sure you will have noticed by now, Alec, I complelty did not agree, yet, I am to follow orders"

Ira nodded his agreement. His tears had been product of the simple idea of losing his Master once again, and he was actually glad that he had been able to come along.

River was about to add something else just when Scrawoaoaanraoh started to speak. She listened quietly and nodded her undertanding.

"Well" she said, placing a warm, delicate hand upon Alec's forearm with another smile "That happens to be our cue"

She turned and started towads the ship. Ira bowed at Alec with a childish grin and walked behind her, his lightsaber comfortingly against his leg. Even at his young age, Ira had proved an amazing swordsman, taking advantage of his small size and agility, the same couldn't be said about his hand-to-hand ombat skills, but he was starting to show certain ease with striking, most of the time making accurate blows. Still, he gulped at what was before him, for even at his young age, he knew what was at stake. And he knew he was still only a very young Padawan.

River walked alongside Alec in a comfortable silence. Finally her temper was held in check ans she felt it was safe to pull her hood back, revealing her bright, mismatched eyes, showing a calm, sweet gaze.

Tag: Anyone around

9. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Master Scrawaoaanraoh

The questions flooded the Wookiee's mind as he turned to face the group again. It was a swift turn, one that would halt a conceited senator or an arrogant general. Scrawaoaanraoh brought his face to level with that of Master Tharc before speaking, baring his sharp teeth. "Hurubaas is no fool, and I hadn't felt the need to have a warrior in the room with them. You of all people should understand the necessity of having a bit of supervision." Scraw brought his face back and eyed the Jedi Master. "They are called negotiations for a reason, Master Tharc. If the situation demanded 'aggressive negotiations' from the start, I would have placed myself in the group in your stead."

Now came the hard part, dealing with Master River and her padawan. He surely hadn't taken into account the young lad, and wasn't prepared to send him headlong into the slaughter, should one take place. Scraw left Tharc's presence with a swift turn of his heel and approached the Jedi Master and her padawan who was practically clinging to her side. "Master River, a word if you don't mind." He turned to the others as they entered the shuttle. "Make yourselves comfortable until the shuttle departs. I will return shortly." He eyed the young boy, Ira he recalled, and turned his gaze to Rivers as he led them both away from the landing ramp with muscled, fur covered arms.

TAG: Master Tharc, Master River, others

10. ChinaMonroe

ChinaMonroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2006
    OOC: Oi...When I talk, it's dark blue, and I use quotes... "Like so."; when I think, it's a lighter blue, with these {} thingies...{{Like so.}} Does that help? By the way, the last post I did on the third page was all thought...hence "mentally" and stuff...I can maybe change the thoughts to brown color or something?

IC:

China looked to Tharc, a wicked grin on her face.

"He's more than expecting something already. He's carefully set this all in motion. It'll make him look even more powerful when he slays Jedi."

She blinked a few times, and shrugged. She could pick up things, but the more stressed she'd get, the harder it became. Sighing, she continued to Master Tharc.

"I know you must see us as...weaker? We fight with words, yes, but training with a lightsaber is essential to a Jedi's training. Let me assure you neither Master Nolston and I can both stand our ground against a few set backs...just not the magnatude we are expecting to face." She paused for a moment, to let it set in, then continued, "Maybe we should get to know eachother a little better? Find each of our strong points and weaknesses, and combine our talents to succeed?"

TAG Nolston and Tharc

11. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006
    OOC: Didn't see China's post.

"He's more than expecting something already. He's carefully set this all in motion. It'll make him look even more powerful when he slays Jedi. I know you must see us as...weaker? We fight with words, yes, but training with a lightsaber is essential to a Jedi's training. Let me assure you neither Master Nolston and I can both stand our ground against a few set backs...just not the magnatude we are expecting to face." She paused for a moment, to let it set in, then continued, "Maybe we should get to know eachother a little better? Find each of our strong points and weaknesses, and combine our talents to succeed?"

"Yes, something has been set in motion. That is why I wanted to see if a negotiation was actually arranged. And I do not see you as weaker, I just think that our strengths are different. While all Jedi can handle a lightsaber, if they do not receive specialized training...for example, have you ever tried to deflect sniper shots from 25 different directions? As I have two separate blades, I've had to do fifty...so yes, I generally think anyone who hasn't achieved mastery or at least a Focus in Jar'Kai, then yes, I tend to think a little less of their combat skills...but that is not to say I cannot be otherwise persuaded.

TAG: All

12. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Oh, sorry I didn't see that China, you can continue what you were using. My bad [face_beatup] *rubs at his eyes* I guess it's a sign that I need to go to bed after this post.

"Well, I was...forced into bringing Ira with me, which, as I am sure you will have noticed by now, Alec, I complelty did not agree, yet, I am to follow orders"

"I've noticed," confirmed Alec, nodding his head and giving the Master a smile in return. Seeing that River had been about to say more, Alec had waited for it but it was then that Master Scraw started issuing out orders and Alec immediately focused his attention on the Wookiee Jedi Master.

As Scraw went through each Jedi one by one, assigning them with a set of orders, Alec felt a jolt suddenly run through his body as Scraw's gaze focused on the healer. Alec knew that he had gained his own set of experience - by seeking out diseases and healing wounds within the Jedi Temple - and seen a few sickening sights that usually came with his profession as a healer, but he knew - in comparison - the Wookiee's learnt lessons in life made Alec's accomplishments become dwarfed in comparison. While Alec had been a Jedi for all his twenty-one year life, the Wookiee had been doing what all Jedi did best nearly ten times the amount of years.

"Alec Stuko, you are with me."

Alec's eyes widened slightly in surprise, but he didn't forget formalities as he made a small bow to acknowledge his orders. He had been taking notes of who were given what orders, and while he knew that only himself had been given without orders and Scraw was saving his own orders for last, Alec still was a bit surprised that he was going to be paired with the leader of their group; not that Alec was complaining or anything.

"Well. That happens to be our cue"

While Master Tharc seemed to have an opinion on how Scraw's orders should be, Alec had no problems with his own. So, at River's touch and words, Alec turned to the Jedi with a smile and - with another smile to Ira and a bow to return the Padawan's - he walked towards the shuttle alongside River. His green eyes glanced over at the Master when he noticed movement in her direction, but saw that she was simply pulling back her hood to reveal her face which was seemingly bright and calm, causing Alec to let a small smile appear across his face, glad to see that her earlier troubles with bringing Ira along were seemingly no longer bothering her at the moment.

"It seems that you and Ira have been doing well together," Alec said, trying to lighten the mood a little more. "Though I hope that Ira isn't making your position as a Master too difficult." Looking over his shoulder at the young Padawan, Alec offered the little one a grin to show that he was just kidding.

Tag: River

13. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    OOC: Hehe, you're funny (Sarge), and Meerkat, I did like your last post. I liked the 'anger'..really good (before you changed it...).

IC:

China stuck her chin out, carefully choosing her words to reply to Tharc.

"I practice Juyo, it's one of the few styles that can keep up with my boundless energy. And, I'll have you know," She pulls her two blades from under her bag on her back and snaps them together at the bottom to make one long double-edged saber, "I'm quite well versed in many other styles. Master Sai did train me in some techniques. He even taught me to combine my two sabers for another way to defend myself to throw off those who would rather...negocaite (OOC: sorry, my spelling is horrible tonight) aggressivly. I'm good with diplomacy, and good enough with a lightsaber."

She paused to unhook her sabers and sleath them back under her bag against her back.

"Tell me, can you fight with your hands? Many times I've only been able to rely on my hand-to-hand combat techniques. Admitatly, I am better with stricking to subdue or kill than actully fighting with a saber."

She adjusted her bag straps, then glanced back at him. "No offence, of course. I just think we could do better actully working as a team. I can't tell if you know the planet's culture we are to be heading to. They do not like peace, but they will not tolerate being forced either."

She adds in a low whisper, "Unfortunatly, I can say I have first hand experience with Apsolon."

She quickly straightened up, not wanting to show anymore weakness. As if to show herself she wasn't afraid, she tilted her head to the side, making the whisper seem an after thought...though her fingers drummed widly on her bag straps, giving away her unease.

TAG Tharc, anyone else

14. Darth_Meerkat

Oct 4, 2006

Tharc's eyes widened at the lightsaber.

"Well, I cannot say that a double-bladed blade works as well as two blades. Its like a long blade...and harder to pull back from a strike. And don't get me started on hand-to-hand...how do you think I got to mastery of dual blades so young?"

Tharc grinned wryly and mimicked holding two knifes.

"No offense taken, by the way. People say I come on a bit grumpy and short, but after seeing what I've seen...well, I'm not as carefree as I used to be. I agree...we need to work together, and I didn't mean to suggest I was just along because I was told to...I just don't want to face blaster bolts from about 50 different directions.

TAG: China, all

15. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    "It seems that you and Ira have been doing well together. Though I hope that Ira isn't making your position as a Master too difficult."

River was about to reply when she caught the grin Alec gave Ira, the same grin the young lad answered.

"Well..." she said, frowning mockingly "Unless he doesn't have sugar..."

Ira giggled at this "Yes, I get all hyper if I do...Mathter Irith thays she'll tie me up to a chair one day"

River nodded with a smile, rising her slender eyebrows as if to say he gave her no other option.

"Master River, a word if you don't mind." the growl came from behind her.

"Excuse me, Alec...I think I'm about to get asked about certain matter I've been wandering about myself" River turned swiftly, her cloack fluttering behind her. She made a sign to her Padawan, and he nodded and stepped aside, far enough not to hear a word, yet close enough to follow orders. He tried not to grin, since his Master seemed to have forgotten the fact that his old Master had taught him how to read lips. Pehaps he wasn't allowed to listen, but no one said nothing about watching.

"Please do correct me, should I be wrong" She started while bowing before Scraw "Yet I assume you will be wandering about the lad's presence among us, which I've been wandering about myself"

Ira watched his master's rosy full lips, getting nearly every word, he played around with his Padawan braid uneasily

"Yet" she continued "I assure you I wouldn't have brought the boy into this should I have had the choice, yet, I did not"

River looked at Master Scraw with her gold-turquoise eyes filled with a mix of respect and polite curiousity, yet, depsite her delicate appearane, strenght and intelligence shone on her orbs intently.

Tag: Master Scraw

00c: Yes, yes, I know...Aly? Wtf are you doing? Well...I need the lad around for a while...just to go along with a little idea I had...believe me, he won't stay throughout the game...-sob-

16. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Master Scrawaoaanraoh

The massive Wookiee nodded, taking in and acknowledging the woman's words, his peripheral gaze glancing back to the padawan who seemed more nervous about the situation than she was. He sensed the boy was trying to follow along, or at least listen in on the conversation, but unluckily for him, the feral Master spoke Shryiiwook. "I understand, but I will not have the padawan follow you. The Grand Master has appointed me as head of this mission, and I have enough lives to take care of lest we add another," He nodded in Ira's direction, hoping that Master River would catch the gist of what he was saying.

"If he is to accompany you, so be it. But he will stay in your quarters onboard the Remembrance." Scraw felt the need to tell her that should the padawan leave the confines of her quarters, the boy would not only jeopardize the lives of the other Jedi, but of himself. Hurubaas could easily twist the mind of the young Jedi should he snatch hold of him. "That is an order, Master River."

The Wookiee bowed his head in respect and ruffled the hair of the young padawan as he passed. His duties were to ensure that everyone survived, but therein lay the conundrum: how could he save them all when all but one was to return? The Jedi Master sighed and continued onward towards the others, ushering them inside the shuttle. Scrawaoaanraoh himself sat next to the pilot as he started up the engines of the shuttle, and even he himself awaited the departure to the Remembrance.

TAG: Master River, all those not onboard the shuttle

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006

"Yes, I get all hyper if I do...Mathter Irith thays she'll tie me up to a chair one day"

Alec turned to grin at the young Padawan, glad to see that he and River seemed to be getting along pretty well over the time River took him as her Padawan. Combined with the fact that River was a Jedi Healer like Alec, and as a healer Alec - as well as any other Jedi - were usually informed when a Jedi had become one with the Force, just as Ira's old master had. Considering that Ira was River's first Padawan and that Ira had already had a connection to his old master, it was nice to see that that didn't stop the two from forming a bond of their own.

"Excuse me, Alec...I think I'm about to get asked about certain matter I've been wandering about myself"

Alec had glanced over to see Master Scraw, and he nodded his head to River and Ira. "I suppose that I shold make sure that you have some privacy then."

With the said, Alec went up the ramp and into the shuttle, leaving the Wookiee with River and Ira. Alec didn't have to guess what the matter in question that was going to be spoken between River and Scraw, and a tiny part of himself hoped that the discussion may end with Ira not coming to the mission. Padawans were sent on dangerous missions along with their masters, that was true, but Alec didn't think Ira should be coming along on a mission that involved so many Knights and Masters.

"It's not my choice," Alec told himself, which was true. Embarking onto the shuttle, Alec palmed open the door to his quarters where there was nothing but a simple bunk and footlocker. Dropping his pack next to his bunk, Alec sat on it, content with just sitting at the moment.

Tag: Anyone

18. WISE_JEDI12

WISE_JEDI12 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    IC: Rado Tavlan, Location: Shuttle

Rado heard Ryleck's question about Rivers lightsaber skills and replied simply "I have no knowledge of her skills with a Lightsaber though mine are fine and I can handle myself, but I know this much we are in some deep trouble if we have to use them in my mission. We will rely simply on Stealth and Martial Arts, a Lightsaber will give us away and that is something we don't want to happen."

Then Rado checked his equipment and made sure he had his credits, he took his entire life savings with him because he knew one thing in the criminal underworld talked louder than an established rep and that was credits and lots of them and since he didn't have time to work from the bottom up he would have to pay for what he needed.

Then Rado stepped on to the shuttle glad that Scraw was the leader he could handle the inexperienced Masters well and had fought in many wars so he knew what to do in case things got rough but that was his job, Rado's was to make a big war into a small one and he was quite good at that. Later he would talk with Ryleck and River, especially to her about bringing her Padawan along and her reasoning behind it, but for now it was time for sleep since he may be getting very little of it for the rest of the mission

Tag: All

19. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    China shrugged again, then smiled.

"I can use it as two blades also. I prefer not to kill, so I mastered hand-to-hand. It would seem that where we are going, my lightsaber will be a better tool. But, if it makes you feel any better, I've heard of your mastery."

She smiled heavily, saddened. Slowly, she pulled out a data pad from her bag and turned it on.

"Sometimes I think it's easier to talk with action than with debating. Action gets results faster..."

She stood there for a second, rapidly punching buttons. Out of frustration, she sighed loudly. Looking to both Tharc and Nolston, she frowned, then began talking again,

"There used to be somewhat of a wealth of information about the planet. I remember looking it up when I was a Padawan, before my Master and I went there. I was to watch him and learn some of his techniques, so I tried to study the planet as much as possible to understand what was going on. Now," she held up her datapad "I can't find really anything. It's as if they have sheltered themselves. I mean, I see the contracts they've made, who there current ruler is, stuff like that, but the alliences, things like that are gone."

She glanced back at her datapad, pushing more buttons, drumming her fingers from her other hand on the back of it.

"Right, I guess we are just going to have to confront this with what we already know. We might have to nudge our way around what we don't know...hmm..."

Rubbing her head, she shrugged again. She looked over to Nolston, "What do you suggest?"

20. sithspawn189

Nov 15, 2006
    Master Ryleck, Orbital Platform

Ryleck heard Master Rado's response and watched the master walk into the shuttle. Ryleck turned to get one last glimpse of the planet before he leaves, for it may be his last sight of this planet.

Ryleck turned and walked into the shuttle to get some rest.
    "This is going to be one long trip." Ryleck mumbled to himself and layed down.

TAG:Any

21. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:Nolston
    Orbitial Platform

After Master Scraw's brief, but detailed plan all Jedi found their place within the scheme of the mission. He, China, and Master Thrac were to form a group for the negotiation aspect of things to which Nolston was both excited yet extremely weary of the sincerity of the Apsolonian's of these peace talks.

The planet had much to gain if they pursed the path of peace, but the pull of greed, anger, and suffering which the statistic's he had read so far stunk clearly of the Darkside, and the Rogue Jedi was not going to allow things to change at all cost Nolston concluded.

"Peace must be obtained by any means necessary", Nolston thought quietly to himself as he heard Master Thrac voice his concern whether his charges could protect themselves beyond the means of words. China was a rather passoinate person on this topic quickly pointing that she was sufficent enough in Form VI.

"Master Thrac we will carry out our negotiation's has planned, but there is a uneasy feeling that even if sucess we reach through these talks that violence is just to easily exhibted by those on Apsolon who desire the war to continue. If the time does call for a more agressive approach we shall not hinder you Master" Nolston added to China's comments with a encourging tone of voice.

After many years of negotiations in different scenerio's, and situation's Nolston found a rush of Adrenline that coursed through his body like one that he would get before the knowledge of a lightsaber duel or star fighter battle. His mastery over the art of negotiation's had come in result of his Padawanship to his former Master who was one of the Order's most shrewd negotiator's, and Nolston found that his thoughts dwelt around his Master after the many years he had pushed his emotion's and thoughts of this kind away.

Straightening the sleeves on his robes Nolston pushed aside thoughts of his master as he turned to see if it was time to board their shuttle yet. Grabbing his bag Nolston strode foward making sure he had everything together before reaching the ramp.

"So thus begin's the War for Apsolon............and for our way of life", Nolston whispered as he made his way up the ramp.....

Tags Thrac, and China

22. JohnHunter

JohnHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2006
    GM:

Alright. o_O

Everything looks good. I must say this is becoming more and more impressive as time goes on!:)
    Now that everyone has related their feelings to each other and the roles have been embellished, I'm going to go ahead and move the story forward a bit. Just to let you know, Im going to use the Second Opening Post I planned to use earlier. Its almost as long as the Opening Post but don't worry, its the last long post I'll ever make, Promise. ^_~'

Now, It'll carry forward a bit, but that's because its supposed to open up into the main course of the story. Just try to bear with me a bit[face_praying] , and feel free to respond to what happens from the beggining to end, If thats what you want to do. ^_~

Lastly, tomorow I have to do ALOT of driving in RL[face_sick] and help direct a play for Christmas,[face_hypnotized] So I did my best to try and embellish on the following post, and to get of any mistakes on it.
    I won't be around until Mon. because of my work schedule, so everything will be frozen on the weekend, If thats alright with you guys.
    Don't worry about posting all Friday though, but try not to get too far into the story without me because I won't be around for the rest of the day. :oops:

Heh, have fun though guys, 'cause your doing great, gotta say Im proud of you!

Postnote: Zedd, I apologize about not putting everything in Bold you told me to in the first post. I did remember what you said. ^_~
    But, I would rather people just relax and try to absorb whats going on rather than skimming and missing important tid bits, as the story will have.
    I respect your style of RPing, and I do notice it is superior to my own, but I hope my way won't inconveince you at all. ^_^
    LordPullus, Awsome climax for the Landing Platform by the way, great way to close that chapter of the story. ;)

23. JohnHunter

JohnHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2006
    Part I
    Planetfall

The next few days were uneventful for the Jedi.
    After a shuttle had arrived to transport them from the Temple to the Orbital Platform, the Jedi had boarded the Remembrance and they were given temporary quarters onboard the warship.
    The Remembrance was a Nebulon-C class Frigate and a veteran participant of a few different military operations. Her bunks were small and their space limited.
    The hallways - which were equally cramped, were constantly filled with combat personnel, constantly milling about in their khaki dress uniforms.
    The Jedi had settled into their meager quaters when the ship had left port and headed for the nearest Starlane into which they plotted a hyperspace jump that would take them to the Apsolon system within a standard hour.
    There wasn't much to do during this time apart from reading or just thinking.
    Then, when the Jedi thought their trip had reached the apex of boredom, a tall young man dressed in a dark grey uniform showed up in their room wing.
    He aproached Scraw and saluted crisply. "Master Jedi, I am Lt.Fuze with the 182nd DropTrooper Squad. It is my duty to inform you that you are to report with your team to the Hangar Bay in precisely O-Seventeen-hundred hours."
    He had bright green eyes and shortly buzzed blonde hair. Looking down, he checked the chrono-meter at his wrist and nodded back to Scraw. After saluting to him again, he dubiously noted the chest of books China Monroe had brought along. He turned back to Scraw and spoke unapologetically, "We won't be taking those with us. They will remain on this vessel until she makes her round trip back to Coruscant."
    With that, he saluted crisply again, turned on his heel and walked off at a quickened pace.

Five hours passed.

When the Jedi had made their way to the lift tube, it had carried them down into the immense hangar of the ship. Technicians were walking about, working on small landing craft and other vehicles. Directly in front of them, only a few yards away, a group of soldiers could be seen standing around a table going through an assortment of weapons.
    The soldiers, seemingly all men, were mostly young to middle-aged and had the look of veterans that had seen many tours of duty. They were joking and talking amongst themselves casually - almost as if they were going to a party instead of a war.
    As the Jedi neared they could see the uniforms the men wore consisted of a khaki colored unisuit, over which they wore dull green plastoid amour which fit over the unisuit and covered them head to toe. This included the helmet which covered their entire head, and a black face-plate which served as a visor. The face-plate hid their faces from view, making facial expressions unreadable. Some of the amour appeared to be battered and even had inscriptions written onto the chest, limbs or the side of the helmet. Some of the inscriptions read: Morado Conflict, Peacemaker and "Don't run, Im your freind."
    Other inscriptions were written with words too inappropriate to be repeated.
    As the Jedi approached, they could make out faint traces of a discussion that was under way.
    "Commander's late...again." One of them said. "Took another trip to Sick Bay." Said another.
    When the soldiers had noticed the Jedi approach, they quieted and looked the group up and down.
    Their observations were cut short by the approach of Lt.Fuze who instantly had the men snap to attention for inspection.
    After walking down the column, and satisfied with the state of their weapons and gear, he brought his arm around in a cranking signal, just as a mechanical arm was deployed from the ceiling. It lowered a huge rectangular-looking craft onto the hangar floor. The Dropship.
    Inside the protective covering of the Dropship lay an Advanced LAAT Gunship.
    "Alright, get on the ready line, move it out, damn you!" He shouted at the top of his lungs.
    He slapped every trooper on the back as they rushed past, up the boarding ramp and into the ship's belly. He turned and gestured with the incline of his he

24. sithspawn189

Nov 15, 2006
    Master Ryleck

Ryleck looked over to Master Scraw with a serious look on his face.
    "We need to get out of here." Ryleck said as he ignited his blue lightsaber in case any enemy blaster fire came through the walls. Ryleck moved to the door and peered out and he saw countless enemies approaching.
    "We're going to have company real soon." Ryleck said as he walked over to China to check her vitals. Her vitals read fine and Ryleck moved her, with his free arm, as far away from the center of the room as he could find.

He walked over to the concious jedi to see if they had a plan. "Anyone have any ideas on how to get out of here?" Ryleck asked in desperation.

TAG:ALL

25. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Apsolon, Duracrete Building

Let's not do that again, Alec thought to himself, referring to the little trip they had coming down to Apsolon. Alec didn't hate flying, he even piloted plenty of ships here and there when he and his Master Arana had went from planet to planet as their missions directed them. The thing was though, he hadn't exactly dropped straight down through the middle of a huge space battle before.

Oh well, there was no time to make any future plans about what he was going to do involving flying. Obviously, it seemed that Apsolon was in a worse state then Alec had originally thought and now they were getting shot at by some troops. Whether the troops knew who they were or not - and considering that Alec and the rest of them were using a Republic gunship and no doubt the troops saw their lightsabers, it may be that they did know who they were but didn't care - they were getting shot at anyone.

Alec could let the rest of the Jedi and their soldier escort take care of the enemy troops. Right now, his healing talents were in need. While Alec only had a couple of cuts and bruises from their landing, others didn't make it out so well, if China and Driton were any clues. While Ryleck took care of moving China, Alec went over to Driton and moved him as well before Alec dropped down next to him, clipping his lightsaber to his belt and dropping his pack to the ground. Pulling his medpac from his bag, Alec closely examined Driton, looking for the source of what was causing Driton to paint the ground red with blood.

Tag: JohnHunter, Anyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.