main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Trials of the Force Chronicles: The Blood War Of Apsolon

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JohnHunter, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChinaMonroe

ChinaMonroe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2006
    OOC: Thanks for having ME be the one who gets knocked unconcious! :oops:

IC:
    Slowly sounds and flashes of images filled China's subconscious. She felt like her body was on fire with pain as she squinted her eyes open. Suddenly, the moments of the crash came back in a huge avalanche of awareness causing her to cry out sharply.

"Fire the damned pilot!" she screamed, holding her head.

She tried to get herself into a sitting position but failed miserably. Her muscles spasmed, refusing to hold her weight. She tried again, this time managing to pull herself into a sloppy sitting position. Dazed, she looked around, her head pounding with all the sounds outside. She looked to Alec and Ryleck, not sure of what happened. Blood and debris was everywhere. She moved to get up to stand when a sudden image exploded in her field of vision causing her to mutter in Miralukese, and her body contorted into a defensive position on the floor. Streams of images ran across her thoughts, too fast for her brain to keep up.

{{A man.}}

{{Droids?}}

{{Fire...}}

{{Dead animals?}}

{{Water?!}}

The images flew by, then as fast as they started, they stopped, leaving China shaking with tears in her eyes. Something worse was about to happen, she could feel it. After the fighting was when the real trouble would start. Her brain screamed for her to get up and help, but her body stayed frozen in the position, unwilling to even move enough for her to catch her breath.

TAG everyone

2. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Master Scrawaoaanraoh

Apsolon, Duracrete Building

Time to take charge, as he had done in wars past. Scraw stood as tall as he could, while crouched down in the building to avoid the blasterfire that rained down on them like the torrents on Kamino. The dawning realization that the soldiers that had accompanied them were all about to die, reached the Wookiee Jedi Master first. The could feel it in the air, he could feel it in the Force. "Leave the dying where they lay! We'll only jeopardize our lives should we try and save them." It seemed heartless and callous to say, but it was the truth. Going back for injured stragglers or those who would only die from their wounds soon would waste valuable time and place everyone at risk.

Scraw pulled himself over to the other Jedi, knowing they looked to him for guidance. "Stay with your assigned squads. Stuko and any able bodied soldier with me. We're going to locate their snipers and remove them from the battle. The rest of you," Scraw eyed the Jedi gathered. "Follow Master Rado's lead. Get to safety, keep each other safe. We will meet back with you when we are finished here." The feral Master stated as a blaster bolt ricocheted off of the stone around them. He had thought of many potential plans on the trip to Apsolon, and many of them involved splitting up or being attacked from the start.

The dangers of Apsolon were drawing out the worst qualities of the Jedi: they were afraid, they were anxious, and worst yet, they were closer to death than ever before. Hurubaas hadn't made an army of fools, in fact, he had an army of champions. These footsoldiers were the weakest of his army, and the Jedi Team had yet to face the stronger opponents. "Go!"

TAG: All Jedi

OOC: I meant for this post to be more.... detailed and thought out. Sadly, my posts were frequently interrupted by distractions at home. I hope everyone will forgive me for this post, as it is not one of my better ones.

3. sithspawn189

sithspawn189 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2006
    Master Ryleck, Apsolon, Duracrete Building

Ryleck turned from the door to get a statement to Master Rado.
    " Master Rado we have to get out of here!" Ryleck shouted to be heard over the roaring sound of blaster fire.
    "Rado what do you want to do? We can't leave China either, despite Master Scraw's order-" Ryleck's statement was cut off as he deflected a blaster bolt."Damn they're good shots. This is not going to be easy Rado." Ryleck said as he heaved China over his shoulder and walked over to Rado.

"What's the escape plan?" Ryleck asked as he was thinking of options for a possible escape.

{"I'm not going to be as efficient as I would be without China on my shoulder."} Ryleck thought to himself. {"Deflecting blaster fire won't be a problem as long as they don't get to close"} Ryleck kept contemplating if bringing China would be a wise move.

{"We need all the jedi we brought here so there isn't much option, but if it seriously jeapordizes my life or any other life in this squad I won't have much choice but to leave her here."}
    Ryleck thought to himself awaiting a response from the critically thinking Master Rado.

TAG:Any

4. WISE_JEDI12

WISE_JEDI12 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    OOC: Im not sure if Driton is a main character so I will have one of the Jedi carry him to safety if he is not we could just ignore those parts of the post.

IC: Rado Tavlan Location: Duracrete Building

Rado's trained eye quickly sized up the situation, he looked the calmest among the Jedi at the moment, in fact he hadn't even drawn his lightsaber, he relied on the Force to protect him from the blaster bolts. He also took notice that China was out cold, he would need someone to carry her. The rest of them appeared fine slightly rattled at most.

Then Scraw and Stuko along with the rest of the soldiers left to fight the good fight against the snipers, in fact the only thing that even made a dent in the sound of artillery fire and IEDs was the thud of steel on duracrete from the soldiers boots. Rado said a quick prayer for the soldiers about to die.

Than he quickly peeked out a broken window to get a look at the landscape than *crack* three quarters of a second later a blaster bolt exploded right next to his head, Rado quickly decided that was enough time up there and pulled his back as quickly as it went up.

Though now Rado had a knowledge of his location and what was around it, they were in a large city and the closest building was about 300 meters away. Quite a distance especially in a warzone. Though he noted there were a few concrete barriers spaced roughly 25 meters apart covering the distance between them and the next building. With that he got an idea, a deadly game of leapfrog would be played with his enemy.

They would be split into 2 groups, Rado, Ryleck, and China would be the first the second would be Nolston, Tharc, and River. Rado would carry China and Ryleck would run with them. Rado's plan was for the first group to draw fire as they went to the first barrier, then run to the 2nd one drawing fire while the second would move to the first barrier and so on. He did some mental math and they would have to go 12 times to get to the building which is equivalent to 12 chances to die, a pretty risky game or Russian Roulette if you asked Rado but a nessacary one, also Scraw and Stuko would draw a lot of fire so they had a pretty decent chance of survival.

Than he thought of the brave soldier who saved China and decided to save him as well since it was unlikely he would die of his wounds and he could prove valuable later. So Rado decided that Nolston would carry the heroic soldier to safety with the rest of the group.

Rado then did a mental check of his plan, deeming it satisfactory, turned to the group and told them his plan and that they would leave as soon as the enemy's attention was focused mainly on Scraw, Stuko, and the soldiers. With that Rado walked over to China limp body about 70 feet away, picked her up then gestured to Nolston to grab the soldier, so with China on his shoulders Rado went back to the group. Then it was time to wait for the soldiers to do their jobs, and he would do his.

Tag: My Group

5. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: Tharc
    Building

Tharc looked out over the battlefield. He did some quick counting, them down at his lightsabers, and looked up.

"I can distract the snipers long enough for you to grab China and get out of here. You need to be fast, I can give you five minutes for sure. Everything after that is a big gamble. Want me to go?"

TAG: Rado, All

6. LordPullus

LordPullus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2006
    IC:nolston

The entrance onto Apsolon was one of chaos, and the pull of the Darkside was great as situation's forced their shuttle on planet in a haze of being under attacked. All around them hostile welcome was the message being projected to them with many troops suffering injuries especially one with the name of Drifton, and Nolston's own fellow Diplomat China had been rendered unable to protect themselves for the moment.

"Ah I guess they forgot to layout the welcoming mat", Nolston chuckled to himself amongst all the violence going on around them.

Master Scraw true to his calling, and his nature pulled their party in for a brief plan of attack before setting off on his part of it. Nolston was placed with Master Rado, River, and Thrac with the injured soilder Drifton and China. It seemed that the trap to pin the Jedi had worked somewhat effectively so far as Nolston noted the sheer number of sniper's perched on roof tops adjcent from the building they were currently in at the moment raining a hailstorm of blaster spots against them.

"So wonder what holiday of the year we stumbled upon to get this kind of a light show", Nolston jested while deflecting three shots back to a single sniper who ducked out of the way barely before the deflected shots found their mark.

Master Scraw and his group made haste on their part of the counter attack as Master Rado detailed their best pathway to the next building which seemed like a good distance down the way. Nolston felt his eyes meet Master Rado's as he heard his name announced to carry the soilder Drifton in the second group to which he couldn't complain being that while his skill with the lightsaber would of been of good use in this scenerio his age, and fitness physically didn't require him to call on the Force to aid in his efforts of supporting the added weight.

"Yes Master" was all Nolston answered with a bit of determination realizing that he would be dependant heavily on the skill of Master Thrac, and Master River to give them safe passage between barrier's to which Nolston had found it hard to trust someone without knowing them all to well.

"Master's shall we", Nolston spoke gesturing with his open arm graciously while a hanging Drifton was firmly on his back.

"The pleasure's is all mine", Nolston added good humorily knowing full well that the joke could very well be on them as he waited for Master Rado, and his group to being their trek to the next building.......

Tags anyone

7. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    OOC: Sorry, I didn't plan to have her out for so long, but things came up and I wasn't able to get back to the computer until now...sorry again! Also, this might be rather weird as I don't know what to say or anything. Tell me if I get too "out there".

IC:

China was dreaming.

All around her the sky was dark, painted with fire. People's faces flashed by, people she knew and some she didn't. Time seemed to fly by as waves crashed upon rouge shores, lightening flashing in the distance. Bright, white sparks and black smoke filled the horizon. She felt like she was floating over the land, but had no control over where she was going. Out of the corners of her eyes she could see her Miralukian Force Sight taking affect as shapes of people glowed bright scarlet, grey, and cyan. The cyan were her Jedi companions, but the scarlet ones, she could not see their faces. The dark side was prevelent and seemed to take hold of the masses who were once mostly grey, now who were fading to red. She could hear no sound. Everything was going on around her, but she couldn't get anyone's attention. She couldn't scream, couldn't talk, couldn't even move. Just as she was to her breaking point, everything went black. The sound of guns and yelling, at first which seemed so far away, now seemed closer...

She moaned a bit and tried to squirm around, feeling a strange bit of vertigo hit her. She wiggled her fingers to work the blood flowing, then rubbed her head.

"What thah...?"

She looked around, noticing she was somewhat...floating? She blinked a few times as the pain from the crash came back. She let out a strain of curse words then proceeded to push herself off of the man who was carring her...without much luck.

"Hey, you who's carring me, can you put me down? I'm sure the world doesn't want to see my butt..."

8. JohnHunter

JohnHunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2006
    IC: Driton

When the Jedi had regrouped at the bombed out structure, they had a quick deliberation and then prepared to head out, with Rado's group going one way to hide and Scraw's to neutralize the enemy forces.
    Driton had already been picked up by Nolston who headed to the enterance. While the the remaining Jedi waited and decided to think about what they would do.

When they stepped out though, the smoke from the battlefeild cleared somewhat.
    Enough for them to see where they actually were.
    Artillery shells had stopped falling and the dirt clogged air drifted away to reveal that they were in a sinkhole surrounded by crashed ships and hovercraft.

Once outside the enterance to the building, soldiers across the sinkhole poked their heads up over the wrecked ships they had been hiding behind and aimed their rifles at the Jedi.

Driton opened his eyes slowly and wearily and realized he was being carried upside down.
    In front of him, through his upside down world, he could see a hundred snipers peering at him from about a hundred yards away.
    "Sithin' Maker!"
    Looking up at the Jedi who was carrying him, he thought quickly and scythed his left arm through Nolston's legs - just as the snipers had cast a huge barrage of fire their way.
    Blast bolts lanced out at Nolston, just as he fallen to the floor.
    Master Scrawaoaanraoh despite having such great size appeared to move in a blur as he and the rest of the Jedi moved back into the building, behind the saftey of its walls.
    Driton himself quickly hooked his arm around Nolston's neck and dragged him back into the saftey of the building while crawling on his belly.

As the sound of blasterbolts made tiny detonations on the walls outside, Driton shook his head at Nolston in disbelief and crawled over to where China lay.
    He heard her mumble, "

"Hey, you who's carring me, can you put me down? I'm sure the world doesn't want to see my butt..."

He glared at her for a moment and then his eyes softened slightly as he saw she was alright.
    "Yeah Gundark, It wasn't exactly a pleasure having it in my face the entire time."
    He swallowed again and closed his eyes slowly.
    Feeling warm liquid rush down the middle of his back, other things grew to be evident as well.
    Shrapnel.
    If it was burning hot from the fire, he didn't realize it because his back and right arm were mostly numb.
    He glanced over at his shoulder at Alec Stuko, a casual sarcasam evident in his eyes.
    "Hey, you wanna patch me up mate?"

He closed his eyes and spoke again. "I thought you Jedi..." He swallowed slightly. "...Had more sense than to do something that..."
    "...Stupid..." He finished shakily.
    "Don't try to leave this building again...not if you people want to live."
    Driton sat up and gave a exasperated glance at Scrawaoaanraoh, before looking down at China again.
    He pursed his lips in annoyance and spoke again, his voice having a Deep Core accent to it, almost like Mandalorian Basic, but not quite.
    "Its good to see your alright, your welcome by the way..."
    Gazing back down at her as her eyes opened all the way, his midnight blue eyes locked with hers only for an instant and then he glanced away.
    "Perhaps you were all wondering who I am..."
    He closed his eyes and settled back on his elbows, letting out a breath.
    "Im the feild captain for this mission...I'm Commander Driton."

TAG: All

OCC: Don't worry about the RL situation thing Zedd, same here for this post.

9. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    OCC: Actually, disregaurd that last post...
    I had to type it quick because of RL stuff and when looking back over it, realized it was sloppy and somewhat distorted, so to make sense, Im re-doing it to fit with the last post(China's) which I didn't see at first, to make it sync up better.
    So sorry for the mess...:oops:

Driton stumbled towards the enterance of the building, bleeding heavily and disorientated.
    Suddenly the girl he was carrying in his arms moaned quietly and he felt her stir.

"What thah...?"

He heard her then utter a string of curses and then proceeded to try and push herself off of him.
    This only caused him to pull her deeper into his arms, as he stagered forward, feeling blood flow from a cut on his cheek.

Ignoring her, he staggered and fell to his knees as he made it into the building.
    He layed her down gently and almost lost consciousness for a moment.

His vision went blurry for a second and then he saw her eyes open slightly.
    "You alright, you just caused me a whole lot of trouble, Gundark."
    His deep blue eyes flashed at her in annoyance and then he closed them.
    After trying to sit up for a second, his body spasmed he promptly passed out in a heap on the floor.

He awoke instantly when he felt hands on his chest, refexively twisted his body, throwing his legs around the man's arm and rolling over, pulling the man into a joint-lock.
    When his eyes opened, he realized he had one of the Jedi Healers in the hold.
    He disengaged it, and choked out a command at Scrawaoaanraoh just as he was about to run through the enterance with most of the other Jedi.

"Don't leave this room!"

He sat up and gave the Wookie Jedi a tired look before glancing down at China, his glare vanishing as his eyes softened.
    He pursed his lips in annoyance and spoke again, his voice having a Deep Core accent to it, almost like Mandalorian Basic, but not quite.
    "Its good to see your alright, your welcome by the way..."
    Gazing back down at her as her eyes opened all the way, his midnight blue eyes locked with hers only for an instant and then he glanced away.

"There are more companies forming out there." He said quietly. "If you don't want to die, I suggest you all stay as far from the enterance as possible.

He grimanced and looked at all the Jedi around him.
    "Perhaps you were all wondering who I am..."
    He closed his eyes and settled back on his elbows, letting out a breath.
    "Im the feild captain for this mission...I'm Commander Driton."

10. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006

Sitting up, he grimanced and held his shoulder while he nodded to the Jedi Healer who he had recognized as Alec Stuko.
    "Sorry about that bit...I think, you ought to tend to the girl and my mate over there before me.."
    He grimanced and looked up at the Master Scrawaoaanraoh, who he recognized as a reputed Jedi Master.
    "It looks like we're to be here for a bit, Master Jedi."
    He looked around and let out a sigh. "My orders were to protect you and your people, but I almost didn't do a very good job of that..."
    He looked around at the Jedi standing around him and at Lt.Fuze laying in the corner.

I won't let you folks down..

He looked up at Scrawaoaanraoh and gave a nod. "The way I understand it is that your the one in charge of these warriors here."

Driton focused more on him with his intense gaze and spoke again.
    "What is your plan for moving into the city?"

While looking at the Wookie Jedi Master, he noticed that the only other survivor of his group was gone.

TAG: Master Scrawaoaanraoh, Alec Stuko, China, all

11. sithspawn189

Nov 15, 2006
    Master Ryleck,Apsolon, Duracrete Building

Ryleck deflected a blaster bolt and walked to the center of the room, deactivating his lightsaber.
    {"With Driton awake and well, we will have another field expert to help us derive a plan to get us all out of here alive."} Ryleck thought as he waked over and stood by the rest of the jedi.

"The way I understand it is that your the one in charge of these warriors here." Ryleck heard the man say to Master Scraw, then the man continued "What is your plan for moving into the city?"

That was the question Ryleck wanted answered the most, not that Ryleck had come up with a plan to get them all out alive, but he had come up with a few ideas, most led to certain death for more than half of the team and that was unacceptable.

Ryleck looked around at the jedi team, they were all staring intently on Master Scraw awaiting an answer to the very difficult question that could be the end of them all.

TAG:ALL

12. ShadowofMiracles

ShadowofMiracles Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2006
    GM Approved

General Information-

Name: Ryu Strife
    Race: Human
    Home world: Thyferra

Appearance-

Height: 6?1??
    Weight: 162 lbs
    Build: Slight muscular
    Clothing: Traditional Jedi robes along with an armor shoulder pad with a wolf head badge
    Hair: Spiky black hair
    Eyes: Crimson-red
    Skin: Tan skin kind of dark, but not too much
    Scars/Markings/Tattoos: He has a scar on his chest
    Facial Hair: None

Personality- He?s mysterious, he likes to keep all business to himself, but still likes to have fun. He?s really headstrong, but also very compassionate and caring. He can also be sarcastic at times. There are times when his anger gets the better of him and he loses all control.

Traits: Headstrong, loyal, and quite short tempered. Have two personalities.
    Likes: To draw all kinds of things, good food, a good challenge as well as a fight, he also likes to train with his lightsaber. He sometimes likes to drink
    Dislikes: Dark Jedi, bounty hunters, rouge Jedi, heights, reading, and lectures, those who wouldn't represent much of a challenge.
    Habits:

Jedi History-

Jedi Rank/Title: Knight
    Jedi Classification: Diplomat
    Master: Eto
    Student(s): None
    Natural Sensitivity: Control
    Natural Weakness: Alter
    Weapon(s): Two Lightsaber that may be use separately, or join together to become a LightStaff.
    Blade Color(s): Red
    Hilt Description: A silver/platinum with a black grip and a red stone used to ignite the lightsabers. There are some writings on them, but they?re in an ancient language no one knows about.
    Lightsaber Form: Ryu has complete Mastery over Form III and he?s also pretty good using Form I.
    Jedi Martial Arts: Focus in Punching/Kicking.
    Force Powers: Telekinesis, Force Strike, Force Leap, Force Senses, Saber Throw, Energy Resistance, Force Valor, Force Aura, Inspire Followers, For Push
    Midi-Chlorian Count: 14,000

Conventional Skills: Intelligence, Fighter Pilot, Tactical planning, hunting/tracking, wilderness survival.

Biographical History: Ryu lived a happy life with his parents, who worked on farms and raised animals. One day at the age of 9 he went with his father to help him in the fields, everything was peaceful and Ryu really enjoyed learning from his father, but it all changed. They were suddenly attacked by men wearing strange armors; they were Rouge Jedi, who had apparently come to 'settle unfinished business'. Everyone in the village suffered a horrible death by their hands, but before they could kill Ryu, his parents placed him a small spaceship and send him out in space to save his life.

From the small space ship he saw his planet being destroyed as well as his people. After a few days in space he was finally found and rescued by a Jedi Master, Eto who took care of him. After Ryu told him his story, and was taken to the Temple, he showed great skill and Jedi Master Eto decided to take him as his Padawan.

I finally get to join the RP. Sorry for being a little late. Also if anyone can help my character join the group I would really appreciate it.

13. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: River

Snapping out of it and ignoring the pain on her right cheek, from where she could feel warm blood trickling down her cheek, River approached Ditron, mismatched eyes set upon Alec.

"You check on China and the Lt. I an take care of this..." she said softly.

Before she started, however, she brought forward her right hand and examined it. Three dislocated fingers. With a sigh, and bitting down on her lower lip, she popped each on it's place, a single tear running down her blood-stained cheek.

"All right" she muttered more to herself before fixing Ditron with her big, gold-blue expressive eyes "Would you let take a look, Commander?" she asked respectfully.

From the corner of her gold eye, she looked at Master Scraw, hoping for an answer.

Tag: Any

14. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    IC: Alec Stuko

"Sorry about that bit...I think, you ought to tend to the girl and my mate over there before me.."

"No injuries," replied Alec, though how it could've ended if Driton had insisted on the joint-lock would've ended up having pain given to Driton rather then the Jedi. Though only have a proficiency in it, Alec knew a few pressure points to strike that could've ended the lock, whether by numbing a part of Driton's body or just full out breaking something.

"You check on China and the Lt. I an take care of this..."

Glancing up at River, Alec nodded his head, already getting his medpack back. As he looked up, the Jedi Healer noticed that River had a couple of dislocated fingers. Though he would've offered to pop the fingers back in place, River was a Healer so there was no need for Alec to do something that she would be able to do herself, especially when there were more people needing to be looked after.

Grabbing his medpack, Alec stayed low and moved off towards where China and Lt. Fuze were. A glance caused Alec to consider working on the Fuze first, as the healer could easily see the shattered leg while China looked - mostly unharmed. Still, as he opened his medpack to prepare for some good old fashion healing, Alec still turned to China to ask, "Anything broken?"

Tag: China, Anyone

15. ChinaMonroe

Nov 22, 2006
    OOC: Shadow, maybe you can come on as a Jedi who was already dispatched to the planet or something?

IC:

China stood up, eyeing Driton. "How can you say that? It's obivious they are waiting for us, but you sound as if you...know something. Speak up if you do, please."

Although she tried to be nice, her tone of voice still stung a bit. She shifted a bit, pulling her hair into a loose, sloppy bun.

{{He seems too sure of himself...}} China thought. {{Too sure of what's going on.}}

She tried to recap what had happened, but only got vage images and a splitting headache. Groaning, she rubbed her head, and sat down cross-legged. She looked over to Alec, frowning.

"My brain, does that count?"

TAG Alec, Driton

16. ShadowofMiracles

Nov 28, 2006
    Thanks I guess I'll do that, if anyone else has any more suggestions, then I would love to hear them.

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006

"My brain, does that count?"

"A-okay then, unless you're having any visual disturbances, feeling like you're about to vomit, or just basically confused about where you are at the moment," Alec replied, having spoken about the symptoms of a concussion, which China didn't seem to have.

Which made Alec free to work on the Lieutenant. Shattered leg, pretty bad. Alec wouldn't be able to do much for this guy, not unless he had some time and a medical facility, something that he had neither of at the moment. With such an injury, Alec would have to realign the bones before he could allow the leg to heal in some bacta or something along those lines.

So instead, Alec dug into his backpack and pulled out a replar splint before fastening it to the Lieutenant's leg. The splint would create a miniature suspension field and keep the limb immobilized and relieve pressure from the shattered bones. He can't keep the splint on forever, unfortunately. Unless he was able to find himself in a position where he could realign the bones, they'll just try to heal themselves and screw up the Lt.'s leg even more.

Digging into his medpac, Alec pulled out two sharps of painkillers. Looking at Fuze's leg, Alec jabbed the needle into a vein at his thigh so that the chemicals would disperse faster. Alec thought about giving the guy some sedatives, but he pushed that thought aside. In the middle of a warzone, if they end up losing the Lieutenant, it wouldn't do the man any good if he was sleeping while blaster bolts were flying everywhere. Besides, if they ended up moving, the Lieutenant could be an extra set of eyes or - if given a blaster - he could stick with shooting targets while he was being carried along.

Seeing as there was nothing more he could do, Alec packed up his medical supplies and looked around, waiting to see if there were anymore wounds needed to be treated or if there were orders that he was about to receive.

Tag: Anyone

OOC: Might want to send a PM to John and ask for permission before you just suddenly jump in, just in case. No need to get in trouble right when you start.

18. ShadowofMiracles

Nov 28, 2006
    well I did and he approaved it, he even helped me with some of my stuff, but he/she said he wasn't sure how to bring him in. Maybe just say he was with them.

19. sithspawn189

Nov 15, 2006
    OOC: Maybe you could come in as backup with a squad of troopers? That's my idea.

20. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006

Driton awaited Scraw's reply and glanced out of the corner of his eye as Alec Stuko tended to Lt.Fuze who still lay unconsious in the corner of the room.
    He let out a tired sigh.
    Looking up, he saw a Jedi Master close down his lightsaber and walk toward the rest of the group, his gaze falling on Driton as he walked by.
    Driton closed his eyes.
    These people are relying on me...what in the blazes am I doing here...

His thoughts were interrupted by Jedi Master River as she approached him.

"All right" she muttered more to herself before fixing Ditron with her big, gold-blue expressive eyes "Would you let take a look, Commander?" she asked respectfully.

He looked up as she stood over him and he blinked a few times.
    "Eh, Go ahead sweetheart...just eh...do me a favor...I think I have somthing stuck in my back..."
    He looked down with reluctance and then grimaced as he tore off the rest of his armour and unisuit around his torso.
    It revealed a hard, lean muscled body marred in some places by scars.
    Driton turned his back around to face River and to his own eyes.
    He winced.
    Embedded in different areas of his back were large, sharp chunks of metal that had previously been scolding hot but had since cooled down.
    Around the wounds the skin was blistered and bleeding heavily still.
    Driton suddenly felt some of the numbness in his back wear off and bit down on his tounge as the pain returned.
    "I guess..." He said, with a forced smile and nonchalance, "Oh, nevermind..."
    His expression soured and he looked at the grey goo and blood stains that covered his tattered armour.
    "Well, Its not the first time I've had the oppurtunity of "wearing" one of my own men."
    "He was a good man though...ah well..." He spoke mostly to himself.
    Driton closed his eyes and leant over to let the Jedi Master begin her work.

He opened his eyes to hear China speak behind him.
    China stood up, eyeing Driton. "How can you say that? It's obivious they are waiting for us, but you sound as if you...know something. Speak up if you do, please."

Although she tried to be nice, her tone of voice still stung a bit. She shifted a bit, pulling her hair into a loose, sloppy bun.

He looked over his shoulder at her calmly and followed her movements with his midnight gaze.
    His eyes flicked away and he looked at the ground.
    "What Im saying, Gundark, is that they currently have us pinned down to this position."
    He grimaced to himself and spoke again soberly. "In fact, this whole mission is now aborted.
    We're going to pull out and evac to the nearest landing zone where the Frigate can rendevous with us..."

He looked at the ground sullenly and looked back to Lt.Fuze who now seemed to be waking up, albeit slightly, and with some moaning.

Driton looked back to the ground again.

One more time...

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006

"In fact, this whole mission is now aborted. We're going to pull out and evac to the nearest landing zone where the Frigate can rendevous with us..."

"Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea," Alec was first to say at the order, glancing around within the duracrete building. Around them, blaster bolts criss-crossed here and there from nearly a hundred snipers, artillery exploding along the ground, nothing new. In Alec's opinion, there was no way that they'd be able to get to the city with an army on their butts - especially since the strike team would have to go on foot -, and if they stuck around fighting, there was no telling when reinforcements would show up. In fact, reinforcements could be coming right this instant.

A full-out retreat wasn't what Alec had in mind, however, which he started to explain:

"We probably aren't going to get to the capital this way," Alec started saying. "We'll have to go on foot and there's no telling what kind of vehicles these guys possess. Even if we did fight and win, they could be having reinforcements coming." He tilted his head towards Lt. Fuze and the other wounded. "If we want to bring the wounded along and not leave them to the reinforcements, we'll just be slowing ourselves down and the soldiers could catch up and we'd have another battle on our hands."

He then waved around at the duracrete building. "I doubt we'll be lucky enough to find anymore of this kind of cover along the way either, so we run the risk of getting caught out in the open. To put it simply, an evacuation would be a good idea, though not a complete one."

And here came Alec's plan. "We bring the wounded and everyone else to the landing zone, but we leave someone here, two people at most. They," he pointed towards one wall of the building where, outside, the snipers continued shooting, "will think that we've done a full retreat and see no reason to shoot here anymore. The person that we leave behind will make their way to the capital, contact the frigate, then try to arrange a time where a dropship can safely land at the capital."

The hard part was choosing who to stay behind, no doubt about it being a Jedi who would stay behind. In all honesty, Alec figured that he would be the appropriate choice. Alec knew about Master Scraw's survival capabilities, but the healer thought it would be best if their leader was on the frigate and not in danger in getting killed in a mission like Alec was suggesting. With his pack and healing skills, Alec would be able to take care of himself. River could be another candidate, but Alec would like it better if her Padawan didn't run the risk of losing another master.

Their Guardians Alec crossed out. This mission didn't have much room for fighters so Alec ruled out Tharc and Ryleck. Their Diplomats were a good choice if it came to negotiating with the rulers of Apsolon if they managed to get to the capital, but the mission itself was more about survival then negotiating so, if they did decide to leave two people here, either China or Nolston could be the second man or woman. Rado, Alec thought, was another choice that could be ruled out. He didn't think an Investigator would suite the mission, and - even if it was irrelevant when it came to the Force - Alec thought it would be better if someone a bit more...younger would be in this considering that the person that would be left behind would have quite a distance to walk.

The decision wasn't Alec's, however. Looking between Driton and Scraw, he waited for either one to either reject or accept the plan.

Tag: Scraw, Driton, Anyone

22. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: Been trying to post, but they either time-out or they become lost. I'm going to have a post up today for certain.

[b]Master Scrawaoaanraoh

[i]Apsolon, Duracrete Building[/i][/b]

[blockquote]Scraw nodded in agreement with the plan to evacuate. A wise general knew when to retreat, and even so, the war was far from over. If they made it out alive, they knew what they were dealing with now, and could come more prepared than they had been from the start. [color=darkred]"Commander Driton, have all of your available men,"[/color] His steely-eyed glare fell to Lieutenant Fuze and raised back to the commander. [color=darkred]"Carry whatever they can: wounded, ammunition but not so much as to slow them down."[/color]

Scraw turned his gaze around the corner to count a few soldiers laying dead on the ground. The Wookiee Jedi winced slightly, not out of physical pain, but emotional. He had seen soldiers die before... many a time before. The Wookiee could sense that this was a terrible idea, but it was the best they had on such short notice.

The feral Master picked up the commlink strapped to a nearby dead soldier and passed it to [b]Alec[/b]. [color=darkred]"Hail the ship. Have them send several dropships to the surface of the planet and have them land at these coordinates,"[/color] Scraw clawed them into the stone next to him. [color=darkred]"Chances are these ships will be shot from the sky, so tell them not to use standard troopers in most of them. Use pilot droids."[/color]

Scraw's coordinates indicated that they would be landing about a quarter mile from their current location, to the south where less troopers would be. [color=darkred]"Soldiers can maneuver better than droids, so they have a better chance of making it to the surface. Once they land, all of the ships will take off at the same time. I doubt Hurubaas's troops have that many guns to shoot them all down."[/color]

The Jedi Master let his gaze fall upon those around him. Plans like this had worked in the past, but they were terrible gambits. But Scraw was here today, and that had to be proof enough that it could in fact work. [color=darkred]"That is an order Stuko..."[/color][/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Stuko, Driton, Jedi[/b]

23. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    Apsolon, Duracrete structure

Driton listened to the idea and nodded, while Scraw cotemplated the situation deeply.
    While Master River carefully tended to pulling the peices of shrapnel out of his back, he winced in between words.
    "Exactly what I was thinking, Jedi." One of his eyes closed as he grimaced, then he noticed China out of the corner of his eye and bit down on his tounge, his grimacing subsiding.

"But going on foot is a very bad idea."
    He focused his gaze on Alec and continued.
    "Those snipers out there are at least a hundred strong right now, and they have the crashed ships for cover. Now, Im not saying I doubt a Jedi's abilities...but blocking a regular blasterbolt and one fired from a sniper-rifle has got to be different..."
    He closed his eyes and spoke again, carefully avoiding a change in tone as River extracted a large chunk of jagged metal from his shoulder blade.
    "When a Jedi defelcts a blasterbolt, they generally know where its coming from and have the oppertunity to defend against it because they aren't always completely accurate.
    But, a blasterbolt fired at you folks from a sniper rifle won't be easily visable, it could come from any angle, any direction and it'll be extremely presice."
    His eyes opened and he grunted as another peice of metal was pulled out, nearly five inches long and razor sharp.
    "Add...ergh...add to the fact that sniperbolts are also at least twice as quick as regular blasterbolts to strike their target."
    He looked at Alec with serious eyes. "If we attempted to move out of this building any time soon, one of us could die in the proccess."

His body shook as she pulled on another peice that seemed to be wedged deeply in his side.
    "God love...go easy..could you?" He looked over his shoulder at River, glaring in exasperation.
    "Bleedin' Maker...you might as well just put them all back in." He folded his arms and looked back at Alec.
    "At any rate mate, even If they do leave after a while, they'll still keep snipers around to take advantage of the situation. And we don't need anyone left back here to get captured."
    He shifted uneasily as gauze was added before attemting the extract the blade in him.
    "Once they think this building has been abandoned they will capture it and hold it to make sure the area is clear of hostiles. So your plan, while certainly intelligent, won't be very applicable."
    He gave a nod of respect to Alec and looked to Scrawaoaanraoh who seemed to be thinking deeply about the matter.
    Driton immediatly felt a respect for the enourmous Wookie, and even felt he could relate to him as another soldier.

Driton looked up at Scraw and spoke soberly. "I have a plan, Master Jedi."

TAG: Alec, Scraw, All

24. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    OCC: Diden't see your post Zedd, I'll work with it.

Apsolon, Duracrete structure

Listening to the Jedi Master speak, Driton nodded in thought for a second and then spoke.
    We'll have to stick it out here for a while, Master Jedi."
    He glanced over at Fuze and then back at the Wookie Jedi again.
    "Im afraid he won't be moveable for a while, and the only other soldier I have right now, is the only reason we're talking right now, and not dead."

Driton inclined with his head through a hole in the wall at the rear of the building.
    The Sniper had gone behind there to pick off an enemy soldier every so often and were making them leery of approaching.

He looked at Scrawaoaanraoh and said thoughtfully, "I think I can establish contact with the Frigate through the comlink in my helmet, but it will take a while to get through."

He held up the damaged head gear and raised an eyebrow. "I'll work on it for a while, until then, I would advise that everyone stay put."

Driton removed a kit from a shoulder pack in what was left of his upper plastoid armour and began inspecting it.
    He knew that Fuze had lost his helmet after exiting the Gunship and that the sniper with them had damaged his as well. He would need to hurry.

Tag: Scraw, All

25. JohnHunter

Jul 27, 2006
    GM:

This would be a good time for any questions the characters might have, discussions, or reflections, because they don't know when they'll have to fight again...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.