main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trials of the Force: Episode 1-Dynasty's Dawn- COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by excalibur2358, Jan 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Is anyone out there?

2. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    UP! Someone please comment!

3. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Well, Uisceban is off the boards, Rokangus is on vacation, Casper usually checks the stories once a week (Saturday or Sunday), Sabrelight I dunno, Jedi Master Nejaa Halcyon, I don't know where he is, and if I've left anyone out, it's because I dunno either.

4. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    well, this is ridiculous.

Uisceban, where are you? I need you! E-mail me! Why? So you can become our loyal reader again when nobody is around!

5. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Sorry Rok! Tecnically I'm still on vacation, I have access to the net though not on a regular basis.

The story is going at a furious pace and I'm at the edge of my seat. Glad to see the whole gang in action again.

6. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Hey sabre! You called me Rok, but since one of my teachers call Rocky, it's all good, lol. Lucky! Vacation sounds so nice right about now... the story is coming to a close, and I'm sad about it, but it will all be archived, so enjoy it while it lasts. -excal

PS- 700! Wow! What an accomplishment. Maybe I'll get to 750, my big goal after all!

7. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    I thought 500 was your big goal

8. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Well, 500 was my lowest goal, 750 was my maximum goal. Anyone else out there?-excal

9. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    ?People are dying here, Jace, we have to do something before we send the funeral stocks through the roof,?

LOL! You gotta like sarcasm in serious situations.

Yup, excal, I'm here. I get tied up with my own gigs sometimes and I don't get to read because time is a problem. I'm finding out that summer can suck on the boards when you are writing a story. But as we approach fall, I think we'll have the folks back in reading.

I think what also helps is Cross-Thread Promotion. If I haven't done it yet, or I have but will do it again, I will provide a link to this thread in Siren's Trial and see if anyone picks up on this.

10. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Sorry excal, I was replying to jaxx actually. I opened the post window then went to check the link in his post-meanwhile you had posted and I didn't see it until now.

Hope jaxx can forgive me.

BTW Loved the last post, great action-now I'm really chewing my nails. How are they going to get out of this one. Will mazza somehow tip the scales in their favor?

congrats on your 700 posts. Vacations maybe nice but it also disrupts my writing.

11. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
  12. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Casper, Sabre, welcome back.

excal, don't worry... it's just like in Field of Dreams, "If you build it, he will come..." (or is it, "THEY will come"?)

I will do everything within my Force powers to help you get to 750, and then some. (unless you want to stop at EXACTLY 750... lemme know ;))

Anybody else out there?

13. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    oh, and sabre...

Of course you're forgiven... as they say in the excorcist (funniest damn movie I've ever seen), "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!"

How they manage to make that line into a rap song, I don't know.

14. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok, guys... you should check this out.

Excal made a thread... the Essential Guide to Fan Fic characters. So, come on down and put in YOUR own character.

Essential Guide to Fan Fic Characters

15. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
  16. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Sorry I haven't been replying more regularly, excal. I'm busier now than I was when I was in class--weird, huh? ?[face_plain]

The posts have been great, though. That Steele makes me very angry. Good thing I'm not a Jedi. ;) What kind of person wants to kill their own daughter? <shudders>

BTW, I got to see Doug Chiang speak for the opening of the Magic of Myth Exhibit yesterday, and then the exhibition itself. It was totally awesome! If my pics turn out, I'll put some up on my website if anybody's interested.

17. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah, sure! I love his work!

Lemme have the address of that website when it's all available

18. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    So Spectre gets away, but then that's sort of expected since we know this is a trilogy. He's going to be tough to go up against now though.

I don't think Steele will be getting away.

Sorry I've been slow on the responses too. You're not going to lose me though. ;)

19. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Holy Hottentots Batman! :eek: Wow, I keep getting mroe and more behind on my reading as the summer progresses! Course, trippin' out in Wyoming doesn't help.

Okay, time for Steele to learn the hard way that you don't mess with Turu's girlfriend. As they like to say in Starcraft: "Let's wax 'em". :D

20. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around as much. I've just worked back to back doubleheaders as cameraman BY MYSELF in 100 degree heat. Today I was hit by flying debris from the snotty kids, and then they have the nerve to demand to get on camera. It was very hard to not turn to the Dark Side, but no one said being a knight was easy.

Sari- YOU ARE SO FREAKIN LUCKY! Chiang is an awesome artist, I bet he was great to listen to. I got to see the Magic of Myth exhibit when it was at the Air and Space museum in Washington, although that was pre-Ep. 1. When you put the pics up, let me know! Btw, Steele is a very bad man, lets leave it at that.

Hi Di-Lee! No sense in wasting a perfectly good villain, right? As for Steele, wait and see.

Rok, good to see you're alive! How was Wyoming? I always wanted to go out there, I'm a dinosaur (where do you think Jace got his interest in the past from?). As for Steele and Turu, Lynx is kinda tied up at the moment, so it ain't gonna happen, lol. But wait and see! "Got a light?" No, I don't light him on fire, don't worry.

Well, I'll post more later! Thanks for sticking around people, I really do appreciate it! Thanks!-excal

21. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, it was nice to see Mazza stick up for herself like that! It is hard to believe that someone as evil as Steele could be her father. She must really take after her mother, huh?
    Only two more posts? :( But at least we have the next book to look forward to. :)

Yes, this happens to be one of the few times that living in NW Ohio has its perks. ;) Chiang was an excellent speaker. I have very little artistic talent and I know nothing about design that I haven't learned from SW, but I still found it fascinating. And he was nice enough to sign books and lithographs for everyone and take pics, too. :)
    I'll let ya'll know when I get some stuff up on my site. I hope at least some of my pics turn out, but if they don't, I'll have a perfect excuse to go see the exhibit again.
    (As if I need an excuse... :p ) I'll try to include some of what I remember of the lecture, too.

22. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    You really are lucky sari, that sounds like an awesome experience. I still stick with my original thoughts "If there is a bright center to the universe, you're in the state it's farthest from- New Jersey." Okay, so it's not that bad here, but still...

Anyone else care to comment?

23. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Finally, I think Mazza will find some peace in her life.

Eagerly await the next installments.

24. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Go Mazza! Wonderful post excal.
    I'm happy today, in a couple of hours I'll be leaving with my family for home, hopefully I can resume writing again.

25. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Good! Steele got his just desserts. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.