main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trials of the Force: Episode 1-Dynasty's Dawn- COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by excalibur2358, Jan 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Oh, forgot to mention, but Rokangus, thanks for your comments!

And as for the epilogue thing... it continues directly into Hand of Fate, so don't worry...

2. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    I was looking at the boards on TFN, and I noticed something...

CONGRATULATIONS, EXCAL! YOU HAVE REACHED 750 POSTS!

For HoF, we can hope for 1,000!

(you're welcome, excal ;))

3. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Wow. I lose a computer for a week and I hit 750. Thanks people. Thank you very much. I'm very happy. :)

To answer some comments- Spectre will become a bigger player in Hand of Fate and Destiny's Knights. Dernan Masque survived Barab and will return in Knight's. There is no epilogue in Dynasty's Dawn because it flows straight into Hand of Fate. And this will be cleaned up for The Archives, and will feature scenes not shown on the boards (stuff we recently added). I hope you like it!

Well, the eta for the posting of Hand of Fate is Sept. 1st, due to the schedules jaxx and i have, as well as other reasons. Hope y'all stick around! -excal

4. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Congrats excal on finishing your story and reaching 750 posts.

Its an awesome story I loved the action and the humour. Without doubt the battle of Dathomir is one of my favorite action scenes.

I liked Jace's character the best, but all the other characters fitted in nicely as well. You potrayed them very well with their own individual styles, strengths and weaknesses.

Looking forward to the sequal.

PS-gotta thank your friends too, I enjoyed rok, jaxx and turtles funny banter. (BTW where is turtle?)

5. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    hi sabre, thanks for reading. rok is fun to talk with, jaxx i can put up with, but turles is a pain, lol. actually, he is more of a lurker now, he decided to back off a little, lol, wimp.

and if you think this was intense, hand of fate is even more so. you'll see, but it will really put our heros to the test.

as for some news, the eta for the first post is September 1st.

Later! excal

6. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Alright! I'll be on the lookout then come next month. ;) Best of luck til then.

One more question: Is Hand of Fate already written or is it going to be a kind of written-as-you-go type deal. Just out of curiosity?

7. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    We have already written Hand of Fate. We are currently working on the last book of the trilogy, Destiny's Knights

8. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    It's already completely written!!

ACK! That means you'll be posting maniacs like about 3 other authors I'm currently trying to follow! There's no WAY I'll be able to keep up!!! :eek: :eek:

*sigh* Okay, I'm over my panic attack now.

Looking forward to the opening post. :)

9. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    rok and di-lee, yep, it's written already, we had it finished way before dynasty's dawn or a different rebellion were complete. right now jaxx and i are just going over details and adding/subtracting details from it. see ya in september! excal

10. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Up for old times sake!

Wow, if we started posting this in September, that means that Hand of Fate last for four months.

After this story was completed I thought the fun was over, but Hand of Fate was a blast and I hope that everyone will enjoy Destiny's Knights as well.

excal

11. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    <cheezy theme music>

FINALLY...THE WHISKEY HAS COMPLETED Dynasty's Dawn!

WHEEEEEEEEEOOOOO! What a ride. Both 'A Different Rebellion' and this one were incredible, guys. A real nail-biter in some places and tender in others. Just the way I like stories.

But, prior to my reading the others I should say this: Kelli and Jace shouldn't be seen together. It seems every time they get even remotely 'close,' something bad happens to Jace. Just an observation.

I'm now 2/3 caught up and moving onwards. Just wanted to say I enjoyed this one immensely and am looking forward to reading more.

Ciao

WITJJ

12. MasterYoda34

MasterYoda34 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2002
    I actually just finished reading The Hand of Fate and realized that even though both this story and HOF have been finished for months, I should reply and UP this story. More people definitely need to read it. It is that good, excal (and Jaxx in HOF). Here goes my criticism. Let's see if I can do this and not get some of it mixed up with HOF. lol.

-What was your opinion of the overall plot?

The plot was amazing. I was absolutely on the edge of my seat for the entire journey.

-Was there anything you would have changed?

For me, the only thing like other people was the swearing, but I got over that pretty quickly...but that would be the only thing I would have changed.

-What is your opinion of the characterization of Jace?

It seems like I have inside info on Jace, having read HOF too. Umm...Jace is awesome. I greatly admire him as a character and all he's been through (and all he is going to go through). You did a good job with this one, excal, and yes, he is a WHOLE LOT like you. :)

-Arcturus?

I absolutely love how witty and sarcastic Turu is. When I read this story, I was very worried about Turu's use of the Dark Side. But again, inside info into the next book, lol.

-Kelli?

excal, Jace deserves her and you deserve someone like her. She complements Jace perfectly. I also like that she is a very strong woman, having been through enough that not much phases her, and her go-get-em attitude. She is truly remarkable.

-Mazza?

For someone with no Force potential whatsoever, Mazza certainly has a lot of potential in other areas. She is determined, strong, and a very tough chick. I would hate to cross her when she gets angry (and for that matter, Kelli too).

-Spectre?

I am a personal fan of the elusive villain. When they finally do show up in person, they absolutely wreak havoc with the world around them. *ahem* Barab, anyone?

- Is there anything you would have changed about the story?

Not really. I thought that the story was well written and flowed very well. Again, the only thing I would've changed about it was the swearing factor.

-What did you like most?

Hmm...that's a tough one. I think my favorite parts were the confrontations on Barab and Dathomir. The final battle on Dathomir, I think, would probably have to be my favorite of the two though. Oh, yeah, and excal...loved the whole Sean Connery character.

-What did you like least?

Don't want to sound repetitive, but again, the swearing, but no problems. There really wasn't a "like least" for me in this story.

-Grade my writing style (strengths, what to improve)

excal, you're a far better writer than me, lol. Shouldn't you be giving me pointers?

- What would you like to see in the next stories?

More "morphin' time" for Kellilyn.

-Is there anything that does not seem to belong in the story?

Nope, everything that was in this story was relevant to this story.

Well, there you have it, excal. This story was absolutely amazing!!! Now, on to rating The Hand of Fate.

UP, UP, AND AWAY!!!

13. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Whiskey, Yoda, thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it, especially since this was my baby, my first fanfic. Glad you enjoyed it. Yoda- you da man.

To those who are just joining us, welcome aboard! Hope you enjoyed this and continue on to TRIALS OF THE FORCE: THE HAND OF FATE, which was recently upped, and then on to our current thread, the third and final chapter:
    TRIALS OF THE FORCE: DESTINY'S KNIGHTS.

excal

14. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I would love to read this but time is so hard to come by these days. Nevertheless Im gonna archive it on my computer.

15. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Oh my gosh! Sabre! I could have sworn you finished reading Dawn, this was my first story- we're already up to Destiny's Knights, the third and final book...in any case, I'll be sure to keep upping this in the future!

excal

16. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm gonna archive it anyway. Where else can one get action, humor and just the right amount of(subtle)romance. I love your fics. Funny isn't it I was sort of down too today, but you brightened it like daylight, thanks bro-love ya! I'll be waitng for that PM and it better be a nice long one.

17. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Anytime sabre, anytime. I'm so glad to hear from you again :)

And as for the story compliments...I'm really blushing red now. My gf just surprised me and now this...I think I am going to end up permanently colored like a tomato. :)

excal

18. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Uppers! Anyone who read Hand of Fate or Destiny's Knights first, this would be the place to start. Or Grand Admiral Jaxx's "A Different Rebellion".

Until next time! excal

19. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Well! I was just asked to be interviewed on the Writer's Resource forum in the interview thread. Maybe this story will get more attention after all! :) To the top of the lot!

excal

20. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    When this girl makes a promise, she makes good. Excal, I am highly, highly impressed by this story. I wish I hadn't been quite so delayed in getting to finish. I am already looking forward to the next two. You're an extremely talented author. I really loved all of the characters in this story, too. Kelli was amazing: well-written and highly realistic. Jace was, well, familiar ;) but absolutely wonderful as well. I could basically go on for incredible amounts of time on how much I enjoyed this story, but if we're being honest, it's 12:23 AM and I finished this story out of pure determination. A much belated congratulations on an excellent piece of writing, and I can't wait to move on now.

21. MasterYoda34

Jun 5, 2002
    HOORAY!!! :D JESSICA THE RUFUS LOVER HAS FINALLY COME! [face_laugh] welcome to the lovely world of posting, jezeka...i mean jess. ;) at last another member of the Fellowship has arrived! Long live the Fellowship!!!!

;) Ummm........lazy eyes.........bye! ;)

22. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I love this story and I think EVERYONE should read it! Go on, read it! Great work, Excal, can't wait to start Hand of Fate!

23. MasterYoda34

Jun 5, 2002
    UP for old times sake. :)

Miracle Max: You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

-The Princess Bride

24. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    [face_shocked]

well this was a worthwile read !

I guess i'll have to start Book 2 now !

the Admiral

25. MasterYoda34

Jun 5, 2002
    This most definitely needs an UP for new readers. :)

(Surprising a group of aliens attacking Cale)

Korso: If you're going to hunt humans, then there's something you should know about us: we travel in packs.

-Titan A.E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.