main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trials of the Force: Episode 3- Destiny's Knights

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Grand_Admiral_Jaxx, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Thanks Arna... I hope that the follow up will be at least as good...

I'm almost ready to get off, so you guys know...

You can definitely see a new post tomorrow... count on it.

2. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
  3. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Post later today, when I get back from school...

I might not have tennis (since it's raining), so it could be an afternoon posty! :)

Oh, and excal, I got some more writing in ;)

EDIT: I promised a certain Drunken Gungan to keep a bar stool open for him ;)

4. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Jaxx-
    Do I smell some Whiskey entering the thread soon? ;)

Good to hear you got some writing in- I won't be for at least another two days, this is all the free time I have for the next couple days. As for the next post, we have to discuss the time between posts, but that is a conversation for another time.

Glad to hear y'all like it! :)

Gotta fly! excal

5. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, I hope Mazza's blob wins. I like the sound of two hundred billion credits. :D
    That would buy her a lot of expensive clothes. ;)

Hmm, I guess I don't really have a preference about posting, personally. Whatever everyone else wants is fine with me. :)

My job training went pretty well, thanks for asking, Jaxx. I actually had fun, surprisingly enough. (Well, except for filling out all those stupid tax forms and "Yes, I'm a citizen of the US" forms and all that boring stuff. [face_plain] :p )
    It's a substitute librarian position with my county's library system, and I've always loved the library and books (and fanfiction ;) ), so I'm pretty excited. But I won't know how much I'm really going to like the job until tomorrow, when I start on-the-job training at one of the branches. :)

Anyways, looking forward to more blob racing!!! :)

6. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    you know, I remember having a librarian quote a while ago... from the movie "The Mummy", with Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz. Weisz's character is a librarian, so I figured that movie might have an extra-special place in your heart ;)

Glad you liked the post, and thanks for the reply! That's sure to go down in the collection of good quotes: "Well, I hope Mazza's blob wins. I like the sound of two hundred billion credits. That would buy her a lot of expensive clothes." ;)

7. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I lean more towards B than A, but then again you never know when a Long Post will come in handy.

As for the race..........I bet on the blob nicknamed Bosco. ;)

But I think Mazza wings........OH I mean wins. SHhhhhh. I'm bad. ;)

8. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    lol, casper, Bosco... you been watching Seinfeld?

And no, the Red Wings are not going to do it all. The Devils are, of course ;) [face_devil]

9. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Actually, Jaxx, I've never seen "The Mummy." [face_blush]
    But now, of course, I'll have to put it on my "to see" list. :)

Wow, *I* said something worthy of being quoted?! :D :p Nifty!! :)

10. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    UP for the night! Going to bed now

sleepy time :D

11. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    I'm betting that none of them will win. It'll go to some random being called Ando the Wookie. :p

Oh and daily shorties works good for me. :D

12. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    I'm definitely rooting for Mazza. Let her show up those Jedi!

Congrats on the job, Princess_Sari! Ah, a librarian... That sounds like such a quiet job! :) I'm jealous. ;)

Oh and as for posting, well who knows when I'll be able to read, but maybe daily shorts will work better for me for the immediate future.

13. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Rokangus: LOL! Ando the Wookie... that made my day! Thanks, man

Di-Lee: Who knows... perhaps Mazza has something up her sleeve...?

Daily or almost daily shorties it appears to be, then. I don't know about a post tonight... we have a match today, and I have a bit of homework already (and school ain't over yet... poo :( )

14. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Thanks, Di-Lee! :)
    Yeah, it was pretty quiet, I guess, but it was also busy. I barely had time to look at the clock all day, between the people in the library needing help and people who called with questions. And I got the feeling this was a quiet day, too. Yikes. :eek: It was fun, though. :)

BTW, I never realized that you could just call the library up and ask questions...like definitions of words, or country populations...or how to freeze and defrost chicken. :p
    I mean, I always tried to find that stuff on my own...which is a good thing, I guess, now that I'm going to be finding it for other people! ;)

15. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    as long as you have fun on the job, that's all that counts ;)

There will not be a post tonight, sorry, but a short message/diatribe... (this might sound familiar, Rokangus)

AAAAARGH!!!!!!! YOU RUINERS OF THE BOARDS! YE WHO HAVE NO SCRUPLES! WHY! WHY???????????????

WHY MUST YOU TAKE AWAY MY BELOVED THRAWN ICON AND LEAVE THAT UGLY OTHER ONE?????????? The one I had was COOL. It had CHARACTER! The otherone looks like human feces!!!!!!

WHY?

And now, I am using Grand Admiral Zaarin, who is my second choice...

*grumps*

But, the only consolation I can offer is... the Devils are winning, 2-0 in the third period, with 15 minutes to go...

16. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Jaxx- calm down. Devils are winning. And the Episode II soundtrack came out today. Smile. ;)

Sari- CONGRATS! My mom works in the library as a personnell clerk and is in charge of mostly administrative stuff, but that phone-line thing, answering eclectic questions, was one of the first things she found out about on the job training day. It helps to know about that, you know? Like if you need the capital of Mozambique... ;)

Gotta fly. Later people! excal

17. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Midday up!

Today, you get a post! :D

18. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, I'm about to go to sleep in about two seconds (if I can stay awake that long :p ), so I guess I'll have to wait to read the post until tomorrow or Friday... Goody, it gives me something to look forward to. :)

19. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL! You poor cheating bastards. [face_laugh]

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains, and Force users can be fools. ;)

That was a good one, Jaxx. They sure learned their lesson.

20. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Yeah, cheaters never prosper, I spose. ;) And yeah i figured Mazza would be the one to win, though I was hoping to be surprised. :p

Now the big question is...how will she spend her cash? :D

21. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    KA-CHING!

Drinks on Mazza! Drinks on...oh, wait a sec...I'm the last one here [face_blush] Guess I have to buy...eep!

Love what I've read so far, Jaxx. I'm keeping tabs on this one, as well as trying to catch up with the others and WOW! I'm liking this!

Can't wait for more.

22. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok, I can put a more responsive reply now...

The Gigolo strikes again!!!!!!!!!

Erm, perhaps I should explain...

For tennis, I usually play doubles, and the key to doubles is having a nice, steady partner. This year has been far from steady. My partner from last year has quit after 2 games, and since then, I've had a different partner in every game. 6 games, 5 partners, 4 wins.

Lord help me. But I won yesterday. [face_plain]

Sigh.

Sari: When you read it, you read it. And I hope you had a good night's sleep ;)

Casper: Force users do sometimes have a tendency to, how shall we say it... abuse their powers ;)

Rokangus: Ah, you will be surprised... as far as the answer goes to the spending with the cash and much much more ;)

Whiskey: Thanks :D

I usually don't go overboard with posts, but ignore it long enough, it'll be tough to catch up. However, the posting sizes are VERY short compared to most of those I read, but I figure that A) it's usually daily anyway and B) it's easier to catch up to and C) I realize some people might not want to spend a zillion hours on just one story

--------------------------

There will be a post tonight, a post that shall answer Rokangus's big question... ;)

23. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Tell ya what, when someone replies to join our celebration of the first 50 posts, I'll put the next post up there.

So who wants to begin the celebrations?

24. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    YEEEHOOO! That was fast. When did we post this Jaxx? Sunday? Holy cow, 50 already. Niiiice. Here's to another 950!

By the way, picked up the AOTC soundtrack and my friend picked me up an Anakin lightsaber- I am so ready for the opening! "Across the Stars is stuck in my head, such a powerful piece of music. Between that and Duel of the Fates, Williams has really done well with his new SW music!

Until next time!
    excal

By the way, since I won't be posting in the near future, I'm working on new profiles of our heroes with b-ground info. And please guys, try and encourage other readers to show up! I had hoped that some new faces would arrive but it doesn't look promising thus far- not that it's terrible seeing all of you here! :)

Gotta fly! Until next time!

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I'll say the pace is definately benefiting you guys to reach 950. SO here's one more.

FORWARD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.