main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trials of the Force: Episode 3- Destiny's Knights

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Grand_Admiral_Jaxx, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    There has been a post, people!

2. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    It looks good guys! :) I like the characters, though I think this weekend I'll have to read the other stories to get caught up so I can put a more in-depth post/review. ;) Keep up the good work! :D

3. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey Starlight! :D

Thanks for coming! It's not necessary to read them all, although Hand of Fate would be the one to read- it gives the necessary background info and a decent storyline to boot.

4. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    UP! Doesn't anybody like reading this anymore, lol?

5. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Caught up at last, Jaxx! Everything looks great!

6. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey Arna, I've heard how busy you were, or busy you usually are...

I'm glad to see you here :D

Thanks for your comments!

Random question:

What is the last thing you would expect from this story?

A) Killer Ewoks take over the galaxy
    B) A whiny Jake Lloyd comes in and says, "I'm not a slave, I'm a PERSON! my name is anne-na-kin!"
    C) Arcturus and Jace drink some beer and they get the Bitter Beer face!
    D) Jafar (from Disney's Aladdin) makes a cameo
    E) Ian McKellan as Gandalf arrives on the scene, and becomes a traffic attendant on Coruscant, and in an effort to stop traffic from going a certain way to let the others go through, shouts, "You shall not pass!"

So, which do you think it is?

7. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Just wanted to say "Good night all", for I am going to bed.

Goodnight all!

:D

8. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Lol at the blob race! I guess that just goes to prove that it isn't really true: nice blobs don't always finish last. :p

And I hafta say that while I admire Mazza's generosity, if it were me, I don't think I could resist keeping just a million creds or so for a shopping spree. [face_blush] ;)

Can't wait to read more! :)

9. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    <hits key repeatedly> DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! It's D for Damnit! :p

That was amusing there, Jaxx. Keep it up.

10. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah, you never said there was going to be a quiz!! :p

Ooooooh, tough choice, tough coice. I'm gonna go with B as in Blob. I would think you'd have more self-respect than to do something like that. ;) (Go on! Prove me wrong!) :p

And LOL at the whole Bran Dewinyer thing! [face_laugh] Oh man I already feel sorry for the poor sap. :p Can't wait for more!

11. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    <scratches head repeatedly>

Mai dunno, Jaxx...yousa so ka-wazy, anyting bein' possible. :D :p

Look out, Bran Flake!

tee hee <hic>

12. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    lol, you guys...

Sari: That's what I'd do... and since Arcturus is loosely based on me (and I mean loosely), I had to come up with a way that would simply kill him. This was it. ;)

Casper: LOL! Thanks, man.

Rokangus: What can I say? Pop quizes are fun, from time to time...

And, lucky for you, Jake Lloyd won't be in this story ;) 8-}

Whiskey: Oh, anything's possible, that's for darn sure... but exactly what, you shall see soon enough... [face_devil] 8-}

-------------------

There should be another post tonight...

I'm psyched! Excal and I beat Tatooine in Jedi Power Battles last night, thus beating the Tatooine Maul in the process. Fun! :D

13. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Lol, I'd love to see what Mazza would do if she understood that particular joke. :p [face_mischief]

Great post, Jaxx!! :) And I'm glad tennis is going so well for you--you have a right to be hyper! ;)

14. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    lol, she'd probably stab her... or him...

But I can tell you that she won't find out. Not yet in my writings, and I'm, well, way ahead of this part, so I doubt it...

Thanks Sari :D That makes my day for some reason :D

15. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
  16. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, Tahiri! I take it this means you're reading Destiny's Knights? If so, I look forward to your comments :D

17. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Hehehehehe. Be careful of the old ball and chain; remember, the chain swings so the ball hits you. :p

FORWARD!

18. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    lol, and that would result in some pretty painful incidents ;)

19. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    I got the soundtrack to Ep2, AOTC and the NEW essential guide to characters, and both are cool.

I'm watching TPM and dammit, Casper, you ruined Panaka for me! I cannot look at him without laughing, because I recall the thing you put up on your thread (which I'll find and post here myself), saying that Panaka was the most useless character in SW. lololololol...

Now I can't look at that guy without cracking up!

Oh, I saw this thing on CNN that featured a couple of guys waiting in line for AOTC in California... they've been waiting in line since January 1st!!!!!!!! That means that when May 16 rolls around, they've been waiting in line for 136 days!

The title for that sequence in CNN was, "Star Wars Fan-atics" and "Don't these guys have jobs to go to?"

[face_laugh]

20. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Still here, still enjoying the story!

Oh, and Jaxx, yeah, Panaka is slightly worthless. ;)

I will be back to haunt your thread yet another day. :D

21. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
  22. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    All caught up! Sorry, I was off reading AOTC. I don't have the soundtrack yet, though. I'll pick that up later & add it my well-used collection.

Whoo hoo for Mazza on the blob races! And good for her, giving it all to charity. Poor Turu though. LOL.

Bread Fruit - now I'll never remember that guy's real name!

Oh, and LEAST likely occurrance for this fic -- I'm going with killer Ewoks, though I wouldn't put that past you two either. ;)

23. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    LOL!! [face_laugh]
    That Panaka link is hilarious!!!! [face_laugh]

I LOVE the AOTC soundtrack (I'm listening to it right now, as a matter of fact) but I'm not going to read the book until after I've seen the film. I've already seen enough spoilers and I want at least a few surprises when I finally see the film. But I wouldn't mind knowing how well you like the novel, Di-Lee, especially before I go off and spend $$$ to buy it. ;) :)

24. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    princess_sari - The novel... Well, I'm not a very big fan of *most* SW novels to start with, mainly because of the problem most authors seem to have in capturing the essence of the characters. This one was about along those same lines. Though I am a HUGE fan of getting inside a character's head, and am therefore not easily satisified in that department, the novel seemed to especially lack in this - to the point that many things came across as weak and occassionally what I would consider out of character, though with a proper presentation of the inner thoughts, the actions/words could have been in character. Did that make sense?? I mean, I'm very sure it will all be believable on screen, but the author missed it in the writing, IMO.

Edit - one exception in the characterizations - I think the author did a very good job with Jango Fett's thoughts and motives.

And there are classic examples of attempts at translating incredibly awesome visual battles into words by detailing each and every move, which never works well for me as a reader.

There wasn't the insight into the relationships and histories that I was hoping for, though I suspect GL is intentionally keeping us in the dark on some of those. But I think there may be some opening scenes in the book that aren't in movie, based on what spoiler reports I've heard. Nothing critical to the plotline, but maybe something to answer a small question or two, and maybe a little interesting thing here or there that won't get captured in the movie.

All in all, though, I'd wait for the paperback. ;)

25. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Hey guys, I'm back. I picked up the Essential Guide- it's pretty good. I'm somewhat disappointed because I think the first was a bit more in depth, but I haven't read it all yet. And the soundtrack....man, I have listened to that all night long for three days now. And practicing my lightsaber moves for opening night as well (I've been challenged).

okay, quiz time. Which scene do you think will appear in Destiny's Knights?

Is it
    A) Jace and Arcturus visit a restaurant called The Spoon, which is later blown up, causing them to say, "There is no spoon" in a somber tone.

B)Mazza and Kelli go on a shopping spree, spending over 2 billion credits while the guys hunt down Spectre in the food court, arguing whether the food court is actually a part of the mall or not?

C) Vrash and Dernan Masque have a verbal bout over who can talk the longest without making a sarcastic comment (Vrash) or slurring any words (Masque). They both say "this ought to be good", thus eliminating themselves and forcing them to give Arcturus there next paychecks.

D) Arcturus and Jace discover that they are heirs to a special power, centered around the use of rings. With the use of their minds, they can focus these powers to alter the world around them...the power of the SCHWARTZ!

E) Ewoks and Gungans collide to take over parts of Spectre's fleet, leaving an opening for Jace, Turu, Kelli and Mazza to take out the Sith's main stronghold. Jace says it is the first time a fortress has ever been taken by a band of teddy bears and rubber duckies....

And no, there are no lifelines or 50/50s. ;)

Until next time! excal

PS- I gotta get the Love Theme out of my head. It's been echoing for 2 days now!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.