main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trials of the Force: Episode 3- Destiny's Knights

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Grand_Admiral_Jaxx, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey all! Good morning!

I'm watching The Empire Strikes Back as I'm doing my history project... perhaps not the wisest of ideas...

But here's my response to y'all!

Di-Lee: You can just keep thinking of him as Bread Fruit... it's no biggie ;)

As for the Killer Ewoks, well, ya never know...

Sari: I know, that Panaka link is so fricking funny! You know something's not quite right when they introduce him... "... Captain (his actual first name) Panaka..."

Di-Lee: I usually don't read the novelizations anyway, so it's no biggie (and I'm warning you- no AOTC spoilers allowed in this thread, period! ;) )

excal: I've always thought that the first EGTC was a little TOO indepth, and it should be a broad summary... and besides, at the time, they only had, like, 5 characters in the entire EU anyway, so...

----------

There will be a post a little later today, just to let you guys know... look for it in an hour or so...

2. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    *gasp* Am I actually the first to reply to a post??

And a really good one, at that. ;) Looks like things are going to get interesting!

3. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    E! E! I choose choice E! Everyone knows that ewoks and Gungans comprise the most potent force in the galaxy!

And LOL! on that Panaka article. So sad, and yet so very true. I loved the part where he started applying the rule of Panaka to himself and ended up wetting himself. :p Oh Lordie.

Cool post, liked the Birch fellow, he seems pretty cool. Can't wait to read the next update!

4. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I'm glad they're going to have the Three Wise Guys keep an eye on Birch...just in case. ;) He sounds interesting and I'm already wondering just what kind of "unsavory" tactics he uses. ?[face_plain]

Another great post, Jaxx!! :)

Di-Lee--Thanks for the info on the AOTC novel. I picked the book up at a bookstore in the mall today and read a couple of pages (Bad Sari!! :p ) and thinking back, I can see what you mean even from just that brief glance. I like getting inside characters' heads, too, so I'll probably have the same opinion once I read the novel. Which will be after I've seen the film...if I can hold out that long. ;)

BTW, if anyone feels like doing me a favor, could you take a look at this page on my site and tell me if you think the blank space between the top part of the page and the bottom where the main site and TFN links are is annoying. Someone emailed me suggesting that I do away with it, but personally I don't think it's that big a deal. And it makes it easier to update because I don't have to worry about running out of room... I would really appreciate some other opinions on this before I change it. :)

5. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Uh oh, better watch out, guys. With Furio dead, Spectre's gotta be out searching for a new apprentice and this Timil guy seems like a candidate for recruitment. :eek:

At least they're taking the offensive in hunting Spectre down. Here's hoping their trap works.

Jaxx, don't worry. I won't reveal spoilers. ;) (I don't think that review of mine had any, but if you disagree I will gladly delete the offending parts.)

Sari - I certainly can't blame you for buying the book & sneaking a peak. I would have bought the book & read it no matter what reviews it got. I'm just that much of an addict. ;) It does get much better than the opening, though. :) (oh, and the link to your site currently says page unavailable. :( )

6. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Arna: Hey, congrats on being the first to reply! You get a star!

Rokangus: Don't you have something similar to that in your story...? 8-}

And now whenever you watch The Phantom Menace, you'll begin laughing like an idiot when you see him ;) Lord knows it happened to me!

And believe me, you'll be seeing a whole lot of that Birch fellow ;)

Sari: You'll find out soon enough, that's for sure! The tactics he use may or may not be to your liking, but he gets the job done!

As for your website, it looks AWESOME! I added it to my favorites, and I'll explore it in depth later. I see no problems with it at all. It looks really good! I wish I could do that...

Di-Lee: Birch could be a candidate... for destruction and mayhem! Or he could be an agent of Spectre... or he really is a good guy but just uses extreme tactics to fulfill his purpose.

And no, there weren't any spoilers, but you're good at hiding that sort of thing, as I've noticed with The Promised Future, but I trust you ;)

But the good guys are definitely taking the offensive!

7. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. E damnit! ;)

LOL- I'm sorry for the Panaka link, Jaxx, but I'm a Public Service Provider. ;)

Good post, btw, and I wonder how the new guy will work out.

8. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    I thought you all would like E...we shall see just what will happen...

By the way, I will never be able to look at Panaka the same way again. You guys have ruined the character forever. I can never view Menace in a serious light ever again... ;)

excal

9. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Casper: Oh, you'll see real soon what kind of a job Birch does for our heroes...

And thanks for the Panaka link ;)

excal: Don't worry... it makes TPM that much more bearable... it needs the humor... badly.

10. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Good news... post when I get back today!

Should be tons of fun...

11. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Cool sounding ship Mazza has. Got any pictures?

"And no, there weren't any spoilers, but you're good at hiding that sort of thing," Di-Lee bats her eyes innocently Who, me? [face_devil]

12. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    I have pictures, but I don't have a scanner, nor does excal... :(

And, yes, you! I imagine that if I started to read "The Promised Future" again, I would see clues that were hidden before the truth came out... you sneaky little devil, you...

Oh, any sort of an ETA for TPF?

13. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    I agree, Mazza's ship sounds cool!
    Maybe I'm being overly suspicious, but I'm a little bit worried about the way everyone's travelling separately. :eek: ?[face_plain]
    Anyways--great post!! :)

Thanks for the comments about my site, Jaxx! [face_blush] It's a lot of fun working on it, although I haven't had as much time to spend on it lately. :)
    Di-Lee, you probably accessed it right when I was updating it--either that or I exceeded my bandwidth again. ?[face_plain] :(

14. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Oh I'll join the chorus of saying the ship sounds awesome. ;)

The post was great, Jaxx, very nice descriptions you've got there!

15. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    I second Di-Lee's comment. That ship rocks. :D

Also cool to see all the Ghost Fleet veterans again too, plus some of the new guys.

Hmmm, methinks this will not just be a simply presidential trip...but then again when are things ever simple. :p

Great posting guys! Keep up the good work!

16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Star Wars: where elected officials do get involved in the situation. :p

And no where else is that so than right here! Hehehehehehehe.

FORWARD good!

17. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey all!

Sari: There might be significance to that little claim of yours that everyone is travelling separately... but then again, there might not... we shall see... and see... and see... ;)

And your website, as I mentioned before, truly is awesome.

Arna: Thanks :D Like I said before, I do have a picture of it somewhere, but the lack of a scanner prevents me from posting it anywhere...

Rokangus: You're right, nothing has ever been simple for our friends at the Ghost Fleet. And you'll be seeing more of the veterans/new guys, as promised in Hand of Fate... ;)

Casper: Maybe that's why the world of Star Wars is so awesome- could you imagine someone like President Clinton taking a gun and shooting Saddam himself, or Bush taking his hunting rifle and going to Afghanistan himself to hunt for deer, erh, Osama bin Laden?

18. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, ONE HUNDRED POSTS!!!!!!!!!! yay!

This happened in the span of a little over a week... that was purty dern fast!

Wowee! This feels good... ;) :D

Thanks everybody!

19. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
  20. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Hehehehehe...whip his ass. :D

Interesting little deal going on there. Could our faithful friends be going into a diabotical trap all ready? Will they put themselves deep in it? And if so will the women once again save the day. ;)

Find out next time on Suvivor! :p

FORWARD!

21. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    lol, Casper, I should be the ones asking the questions and you're going to trey to answer them... ;)

Through your questions, you put up interesting theories, that I can see... what do you think? Are our friends really trapping Spectre? Or is Spectre the one laying the bait? Your call, not mine... at least until you figure out what it is via my posts ;)

Like I said, no post tomorrow.

22. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, where is everybody?

23. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I don't know Jaxx. But I'll pushed this forward!

24. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    ?You better watch out, TopAce. She?s gonna whip your ass.?

Heck yeah she is. :D The question is, if she does beat him in the Gladiator type competition, does that mean she has to kill him if the crowd gives the thumb down? [face_plain] :eek:

Keep them coming! :D

25. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Casper: Gracias, mi amigo...

Rok: That just might happen... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.