main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trials of the Force: Episode 3- Destiny's Knights

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Grand_Admiral_Jaxx, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Heeheehee. We know something you don't know....

Well, if you didn't, someone else would be the author. ;) :p

<sits up and prepares for the next post, ignoring what his co-workers think as they pass by>

2. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Oooo...bad move, Spectre, bad move. Shoulda chosen the blue pill, buddy. :p

Why do I get the feeling that Spectre's about to end up like one of the villains from the Indiana Jones movies? Ya know, toasted, roasted, or otherwise reduced to a little puddle of goo?

Schweeeeeet... :D

Say, isn't it about time that such popular villains as Mephisto and Dulcie got their come-up'ns? ?[face_plain] I mean...I suppose they could outlive Spectre...by like a few minutes or so, I guess...but didn't they have the upper hand last time we checked?

Let the smacketh doweth ringeth in thereth earsth!! :p

Aweomse post back there, Excal! Cool to see that prophecy finally tie in and see Jace take on the mantle he was destined to fulfill! :D

3. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Why is it when the hero kicks things up a supernatural notch or two, that the bad guy suddenly thinks a mere lightsabre stab can still do the trick?

Ah, Tyrus Tyrus Tyrus...if only you knew the fate that now awaits you. I've a feeling Jace was merely the closed portal to a host of discontented souls, all waiting to rain down torment upon the engineer of their demise...the one who now stands with his sabre embedded in Jace's body.

Y'know, reading the 'Left Behind' series does wonders for one's sense of prose, n'est-ce pas? ;)

ONWARD!

4. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Yahoo! Cue the melting jello mold! :p

Anyone ever tell Spectre that when someone invites you to stab them you are inviting trouble upon yourself. Dude, he's got the Ring of Frickn' Souls!!!! :eek:

Great stuff to turn the tide in Jace's favor. Keep going.

5. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Damn, dern clones! Pastor Griffin's, we need divine introvention hereeeeeeeear. ;)

6. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey all! Dropping in to letcha know I'll post in a day or two...but I did want to letcha know real quick...

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is frickin' AWESOME! :D

Ok, ok, time to get back to my work, then I shall have a post for ye all when I gets to it ;)

7. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Amen to Harry Potter, Jaxx :D I read it in about 9 hours and, like any good story, I want MORE. :D

Now, let's see here...what's this doing on page 6...now...

UP!

8. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    GAH!

Double freakin' post!

9. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Visualizing Arcturus floating up amidst the maelstrom gave me shivers. That man is one bad dude when he wants to be.

It was also invigorating to see Arcturus finally getting the upper hand over his opponent. It was about time that Mephisto got knocked down a peg or ten, IMHO. I mean, he's been a phenomenal villain up until now, but ultimately the villain should fall, right?

As always, Jaxx, your post was dark, powerful, and written so well to Arcturus' character. And, Mephisto's character was also well done...but then that's been a given since his introduction.

Can't wait until the next post...hopefully it's more of this :D :D :D :D

10. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Wow! Wow, yeah, I've really gotta echo just about everything that Whiskey said. :D

Very cool, very powerful, and very awesome post. Though I've always said that I love a good villain, the only thing I truly cherish more is the same villain getting his Smackdown-O'-Comeuppin's!! [face_laugh]

Again, very cool, very sweet! It was great to see the raw dark power within Arcturus being displayed. And I think Mephy's gonna be a little more cautious dealing with Turu now that he's gone Gandalf-the-White style now. :p

SCHWEET!!

11. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Whoa! :eek:

I mean it, dude: that was totally Whoa! It was important when you get to such a point that you compound the emotions; that is the emotions within the story is all ready there, so you took them, duplicated them, and then threw them back on the originals to give the post a heavy weight of despair, challenge, and aggression. This time you guys weren't subtle, and since this is a conclusion of three stories you can't let subtleness in heavy action occur now. Now is the time to blanket us with awe: its getting to that point: timing is everything.

As for your work, excal: sometimes, as the Jedi say, all it takes its patience and just a little push. ;)

Never give up. Go FORWARD!

12. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    On such subtle whims of God are the deeds of heroes forged.

The youth of this world could surely benefit from more people like you, who're willing to take the time and energy to point them in the right direction towards being better people.

I think above and beyond this being a feather in your cap, Excal, I think you've got some big karmic rewards coming your way at some point in the future.

13. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Casper- It's funny, but I always draw my inspiration from two sources: my friends and books/movies. So when kids asked me questions about how to react to certain things, what to do in hard situations, I found myself telling them things without thinking. Things like, 'feel, don't think', or 'You're focusing on the negative, be mindful'. The best advice was that they needed to focus, not on their anxieties- that they needed to keep their concentration on the here and now. And you know, it worked. I bet if I told them it was from Star Wars they would have laughed-but since I said it so seriously, they believed it.

The best source of wisdom however came from Samwise's speech at the end of the Two Towers. For kids who don't know what the sun is like, to hear it shines the clearer, it's some powerful words.

And Whiskey, thank you so much for what you said. That, my friend, is what reminds me that I can't afford to give up. There were moments this year where I wanted to give up counseling. But what it comes down to is I can't give up- because if I do, that's one less person who gives a care. That's not heroic. That's not for me. I guess there's a bit more of Jace in me than I realized, lol.

Post coming up soon for me if I'm not mistaken...Peace!

excal

14. Mystic_Tigress_Jedi

Mystic_Tigress_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2002
    Oh man, I gotta come back here more often.

The story posts were superb and the regular posts were equally profound. I always miss the best stuff :(.

Excal's Post: There comes a point when Tyrus's constant talk of taking over the world, killing Jace, etc. becomes a little too much for the Pendragons to tolerate. When trying to get him back to the light and telling him the truth anout his Ring has no effect, its time to throw a punch that won't be matched... just taking the hit. However, we all know the prophecy must be fufilled... AND who Jace has on his side! :) Kudos on ANOTHER great post (Has there ever been a bad post in this series??? Didn't think so)

Jaxx's Post: Wow, that was amazingly powerful. Turu has had enough of just playin' around... he's going for victory here. Again, the hero having the upper hand for once is a plus (YAY!). But we know that, of course, the battle has yet to be won. It was electrifying... literally! ( don't mind the corny pun ;) )

I REALLY WILL wait for the next post! I'm NOT GONNA MISS IT! AGAIN!

-Tigress-

15. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    BOOST to the top!

16. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    BOOOYYAAHHH!! One part of Spectre's warmachine down...

...how many more to go?

Plus we still have to deal with Spectre himself...and I imagine Mephy is still alive, just hurting lots and lots...and Dulcie is still out and about...

New Plan: Time to let the Admiral kick some more bad-guy-booty!! :D I hear Turboloasers to wonders against Fortresses of Doom. :p

Great posting, Jaxx, great to see you back again! FORWARD for great smite-itude! :D

17. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Later...........at the Hall of Justice... ;)

Sorry, Rok's Fortresses of Doom line caused a memory fart to come out. :p

You know, why is it that those who are offered the unconditional surrender want it on condition? ;) Perhaps this guy had Baghdad Bob as a consultant. [face_laugh]

Good post, and yes I do know the pains and more pains of the long work day all too well.

18. MasterYoda34

MasterYoda34 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2002
    You know, I really need to...I don't know...set myself a predetermined time every day or every couple of days to read this. Cause, ya know, once again I'm behind. :p

Jaxx's post #1 - Very interesting and intense battle. Go Kaiser and your sniping skills! I was also glad to see the locals come back and help. As for Trai'el, I'm certainly curious to see exactly HOW she knows that Turu is in trouble. Only time will tell.

excal's post #1 - Hmm...I feel that this is not the end for Jace Pendragon...perhaps for Spectre, but not for Jace. The Ring of Souls is protecting him somehow, as it so often has, and now Spectre has made an error that will cost him his life. This is of course, pure speculation though. ;)

Jaxx's post #2 - Finally, Arcturus has shown perhaps the full extent (or a large extent) of his power. And yet, I'm speechless and curious as to how Mephisto could manage to survive all that, even in his transformed form. Maybe he didn't and I'm just dense...at any rate, we'll soon find out the fate of Mephisto and Arcturus.

Jaxx's post #3 - At last, the Ghost Fleet has won one of their many fights! Admiral Mockin was a fool to believe that he could win the day! :D Awesome posting Jaxx. But then I ask myself...is this really the end of the battle in space? Hmm...

excal's post #2 - Now THAT'S impressive! That was ingenious, allowing Spectre to see the people whom he despises the most die before his eyes at his hand (well, one at his hand, but still...). And yet, everything that Jace said about him losing his sanity came true for Spectre has been reduced to a mere madman. Quite sad, if you ask me, considering all we've seen him do. Excellent posting as usual excal.

Oh yeah, and Jaxx, don't forget to return Bonnie and Clyde if you haven't already, or suffer the consequences. ;) :p

Until next time...

NARWALS!!!

19. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh grand idea, Jace: you had him and now you just let him snap! See, that is why I don't become a Jedi. [face_laugh]

Ah but it continues the story and continues the faults of all three characters in the vain of 'could of, should of, didn't do it, now I loose a body part'. ;)

20. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    You, a Jedi, Casper?

<full body shiver>

Why is it I could see you willing to buff Mace's head with a towel and Turtle Wax? :p

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    And I would polish that head like no one's business.

Casper: More wax on the head, Master Windu?

Mace: Just a little more in the back, Wax Boy! [face_laugh]

22. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    First in response to the post:

OOPSIE!! :eek: Dang, it's always the little details you miss...but hey, the spirits were right, Spectre is definitely off the deep-end now. ;)

Of course...there is still the orbital bombardment to worry about. Oy poopie! :eek:

Nextly: Ppphhhhfffftttt!!! [face_laugh] Hee hee, Mace and his wax job...well it sure came in handy when he was fighting Jango Fett. Poor Jango was so blinded by the Jedi Master's sparkling brilliance that he couldn't heven tag him at close range!

PH34R 7H3 L337 84LD |V|4S74H!!! [face_laugh]

23. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Um, up? Jeez, I expected more posting on this thread as thing wind down, but apparently not. Ah well. I still have one big post left.

excal

24. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    What are you talking about, excal? Most of our readers have posted, and those who haven't are busy, lest you forget. Besides, my post got 2 responses where you get 5...but you don't hear me complaining. I'm just glad we have great readers. Better to have key, concise responses with thoughtful (and often hilarious--Baghdad Bob and Turtle Wax) responses, than to have 20 people chirp the same thing: "Kewl! Up! More more more!"

I'm very grateful to the readers of Trials, and as I've mentioned before, I will read your stories once I return to college. In the meantime, my next post is coming up tomorrow...or should be anyway. I hope I'll get it up.

Adios, amigos! Don't get any sunstrokes ;)

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    And on the Turtle Wax note, I am proud to say that, when Mace Windu does go down....and he will....he will go down, but with the shiniest, most spotless bald head this side of the Twin Moons of Eldir. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.