main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Trials of the Force: Episode 3- Destiny's Knights

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Grand_Admiral_Jaxx, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystic_Tigress_Jedi

Mystic_Tigress_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2002
    A quick little post from me.

Good post, good times. Looks like the group can finally have a little fun after a big victory.

So, up!

MTJ

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah yeah: now its slouch time! :D

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRPPPP!!!!!!

3. MasterYoda34

MasterYoda34 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2002
    Jaxx's post #1 - Well, that was certainly an ending that brought many loose ends together. I'm really glad that Arcturus didn't die at the hands of Mephisto or Dulcie and that he and Mazza are reunited. I was not only impressed by Arcturus's sense of power in the universe, but also by his sense selfless love for his friends. Using the thermal detonator would have been effective, but it certainly would not be a fitting end for Arcturus Lynx. He's too great of a character to go in that way. It would be fitting if it was selfless, which it would have been, but it just wouldn't have been fitting if he had been taken out by a thermal detonator blast. It's kinda weird, but you can definitely sense the finality in that post...and yet there's still things hanging over the characters, that maybe they won't even deal with at the end of this series. At any rate, excellent post Jaxx. Your writing has seriously progressed since A Different Rebellion. ;) Looking forward to whatever else you guys have to offer. :)

excal's post #1 - Holy crap! That was amazing, excal. That was probably the most well-written post I've seen you write, and most definitely one of the best in the entire Trials series. It was revealing, poignant, enlightening, and action-packed. And I think you were right in saying that not many people, if any people at all, have ever done what you did to make Kelli and Jace Jedi Masters. It was original and it worked really really well, especially for this story. Part of me mourns for Tyrus. He was such a well-written character. I really wanted to see him come back to the Light Side. And then I realize that it was basically necessary for him to die and for him to go the way he did. That was really a great post excal. A job well done to you.

Jaxx's post #2 - Jaxx, I look at that post and first say (in regards to the quiz) I was right!!! ;) :p And then I look at it and realize I can put myself somewhat in all of our heroes shoes, not least of all Arcturus, and say that a) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor scarily enough probably is a not unpopular cult classic and b) that it is very fun to make fun of. One of those movies that's really funny unintentionally. And excal, you are so Jace. ;) And speaking of which, excal, you really do have to see that movie...if not for the stellar performance of Sian Phillips in that movie (no sarcasm intended...except for..."Quick! Pretend you're Sian Phillips!"). Anyways, that was an absolutely hilarious post Jaxx.

excal's post #2 - It's nice to see everyone reuniting at an old familiar place. And I'm glad to see that everyone is having a good time too. Somehow the idea of Jaxx getting Xerxes drunk just really cracked me up. As did Turu still complaining about the sign and Mazza "pacifying" him. To the next post! :D

KILLER EWOKS TO THE TOP!!!!!!

EDIT - 24 posts to go until 2000! Congratulations, guys! :D

4. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Beer Beer Beer Bubba o' Beer Beer Beer Bubba o'

OH WHEN WE GET TOGETHER JUST ME AND ALL THE LADS
    ALWAYS WE REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES THAT WERE HAD!

'CAUSE EVERY TIME WE GATHER THERE'S PLENTY OF GOOD CHEER...

Who'd a thought...a Chiss in a bar

THAT CALLS FOR A BUBBA O' Beer Beer Beer Bubba o' Beer Beer Beer

It's about time our heroes got some R & R, though, especially those two guys who're going through the process of creating a new salvage industry for the Ghost Fleet.

<Drunken Scotsman>
    So, set 'em up, grasp it firmly, and tilt one back wit' me, dog! ;)

5. MasterYoda34

Jun 5, 2002
    UP till the next post! :D

Yeah...it's been awhile since I've done that...and I'm on break from work...

But until next time, never forget...

Abraham Lincoln eating a hamburger.

6. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    Well all, tomorrow marks my final story post in the Trials of the Force saga. For all I know, it may be my last Fan Fiction post on the boards as I have many other projects I'm working on on the size. So check in tomorrow and see what I've been hinting at- the crowd pleaser post. :)

excal

7. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    ?Take no prisoners- I order everyone NOT to leave here sober!?

Unless those orders are in writing, Xerxes might make trouble. :p

I didn't catch on until almost halfway through, but I went back and read through to make sure I caught every refrence...and bravo on getting in a referrence on just about everybody all in one post! I bow before the Master of the Turn of Phrase! :D

Stupendous work on wrapping up this saga, guys! It's far from an easy task to wrap up such a rich story! :) Cheers and Skol(sp?)!

8. MasterYoda34

Jun 5, 2002
    And the story from excal's end comes to a close. Great job my friend. I especially enjoyed all the references made to all the readers. That was a great touch that certainly made me feel even more connected to the story. Not only that, the references made me smile and sometimes chuckle. Excellent work, excal.

To the final post and to 2000!

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Hehehehe, yeah. What a way to get everyone in there. And that's a order I would most certainly follow. ;)

Great post. Great job. :D

10. Mystic_Tigress_Jedi

Nov 16, 2002
    The perfect end for the perfect adventure tale. Now we all feel special :D ! Makes you feel glad to be involved. Good post, good post (again, never has there been a bad post, anyway).

UP to 2000!

_-_MTJ_-_

11. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Awesome way to give props to the readers, Excal. :D Nice work.

I would have posted earlier, but this thread is giving me a ton of grief. Maybe the moderators don't like it :p

Anyway, as anxious as I am to see the next post, I'm saddened that this will all soon be over.

NEXT!

12. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    I'd post, but I'm not sure if I can bring myself to do it just yet ;)

Give me a few days or so...keep on upping, and show those darn mods that this thread stays at the top! :p

13. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    Rok- Well, it's not really the Master of the Turn Phrase- the MasterS, as both Jaxx and I tried to come up with as many of those little in-jokes as possible. I'll give credit where credit is due- Jaxx really deserves most of the credit for this because he really did most of the work. As for Xerxes, heh, you'll see what happens. Let's just say that the worst actually will come from an old crusty veteran from Hand of Fate doing something NO ONE wants to see, lol.

34- I liked your response to me in person. "DID YOU HAVE TO HAVE PEOPLE THROW DARTS AT ME???" ;)

Casper- As I should officially warn everyone, we of the Trials of the Force authorship do not condone any action inspired by any characters or situations presented in said story. That having been said, I don't doubt that's an order most people wouldn't mind. ;)

Mystic- If you all feel involved now, we did our job right- and you never know what will happen in the future.

Whiskey- I'm saddened too. It was a long run, but it was a blast. And we got to know all of you, so it was worth it.

Mods don't sink threads. Snotboards sink threads... ;)

ONWARD AND UPWARD TO 2000!

And trust me, the last post is a hell of a doozy one :)

excal

14. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    I'll talk to Jaxx and see if he can finally post the conclusion segment. It's been a while since this has been to the top. Let's see this story at the top of the list one last time.

excal

15. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Thought I'd stop by and see the cameo. ;)

Guys, although I never finished it (I plan on it, when time permits), I just want to congratulate you-- since our newbie days you've been working hard (and fifty times harder than me), and it's been so much fun (I'm sure I'm missing out on even more), but it's sad to see TotF over. What a saga...you have my respect forever.

Excal, Jaxx, you're some of the first friends I had on the boards (and you even suffered through my crap-fics. ;) ), so I just want to thank you. And congratulations! :) I promise, I will finish someday! ;)

And thanks for the cameo. I always wanted an action figure. ;)

16. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Stick around!

We're going to wait for everyone's final response before going to our usual questionairre.

So, lay on those last comments, then we'll give you some exciting news, but only after your comments ;)

17. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
  18. Mystic_Tigress_Jedi

Nov 16, 2002
    A pleasant yet poignant post. So all of the heroes are together and having time to kick up their heels and have fun. Well deserved after fighting evil for so long.

Watching Jaxx getting drunk gets more and more amuzing. And somehow, its hard for me to picture the Fab Four playing cards after battling villians for that long of a time.

The thought of little Pendragons and Lynxes running around has to make you smile.

Mazza's speech was, as usual, eloquent and inspirationalAnd of course, the glorious return of Alpha, Omega, and.... Scooter! (I have a special liking for Scooter) was well appreciated by me.

And seeing Vrash again was fun, like it always is.

Congrats, Excal and Jaxx, for writing a series with such an appreciative following. I know this is not the last time we will see our heroes!

For now, up up and away!!!

_-_MTJ_-_

PS- Can it be? I POSTED a REPLY FIRST???? What has the world come to? ;)
    And its great seeing the last post end up on page 100. Has a nice ring to it.

19. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    A great ending to an equally great story and an incredible saga.

I liked the fact that there was no real fanfare to speak of, no gaudy medal ceremony or anything...just everyone sitting at a table, playing cards like it was just another day. Now THAT, to me, is the mark of a real hero: Someone who just takes it in stride and sees no further than their next hand of cards.

A true tour de force if ever one existed. I'm sad to see this one end, but since everyone's still alive and relatively in one piece, the possibilities are endless, aren't they? ;)

A great final post. Definitely let me know when something new starts. :D :D :D

20. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I had a great, great, great, great, and quite frankly great long post of praise for you two.............until these Boards wouldn't post the (Insert creativity here.............for a while...............) thing! :mad:

It went something like you two grew up as writers yadda, yadda, yadda........two contrasting styles like Ditka and Parcells or something to that affect.......

Ah hell, give me a couple of days and some Henikens in me and I'll remember. :p

21. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Wow MTJ--The first!! Congrats ;)

Whiskey--Thanks. You've always been a very supportive reader through Destiny's Knights. I really appreciate those words. It means a lot :)

Casper--Aw, that sucks. Perhaps it'll take a baseball bat and some offers that snotboards can't refuse in order for this whole place to work properly ;)

To Two Thousand!

22. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    "Scart Britano, the actor who portrayed Han Solo in the ?Han Solo: Smuggler and Rebel? documentary"

Don't asl me why but that line was the one thing that I kept coming back to. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! [face_laugh]

Wow, yeah I gotta agree with Whiskey. What better way to end a great Saga than with all the friends sitting around a table at their favorite pub playing cards.

W00T!! And I shall say it again W00T!!

Congratulations guys, you are an inspiration to all the rest of us who are still trying to wrap up sagas of our own! You guys are living proof that it can be done, and that is quite encouraging! ^_~

23. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    So did you guys, like...do one of those photo face merge machine thingies like you find at carnivals? Did it really come out looking like a young Harrison Ford? o_O :p

Come on! Who wants 2000? Will it be Jaxx or Excal? I'll be taking bets all night. ;)

24. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    In the words of a very wise man.....

YOINK!!!!!

:) TWOOOOOOO THOUSANNNNNNNNND!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Fortune befriends the bold, so I guess that means our little decision about posting these stories online turned out alright after all, eh?

I'll be editing this post tomorrow with quotes that, over the years, I found inspiring.

In any case, I'm very proud to have nabbed this. Jaxx and I are very excited and very pleased with this grand adventure we've designed, and our enthusiasm towards your comments has not ceased since our first few posts.

Oh, and as for the imaging thing....we'd probably end up closer to Hayden Christiansen if you morphed Jaxx and I...although...now that I think about it...I can see Harrison Ford circa Raiders...it could happen! ;)

excal

25. MasterYoda34

Jun 5, 2002
    An excellent end to a most excellent story and series! Wow! It's certainly been a wild ride, not only for you and excal, but for the readers as well. I've very much enjoyed and cherished the honor of reading this story. I agree with all who said it: the card playing at the end, and the complete nonchalance of the characters towards the magnitude of what they just accomplished was much better than any lengthy awards ceremony could have been. You two truly ended the story with inimitable style. Congratulations on a job well done.

To the TOP!

And by the way, congratulations on 2000 POSTS! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.