TriangleTradeFederation.org coming soon!

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by chuckreis, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I registered the URL today so we should have it redirecting soon. Once I get the information/confirmation from the URL service I will cloak redirect it to a directory on my webhost and we should be going, and as long as we stay under the 20MB storage/9GB transfer level on my host we should be fine. If it looks like we will go over that I will kick up my level and get us more space and bandwidth.

I will put up a page on my server tonight to be kinda a place holder and starting point for the future. I am not a great webmaster so anyone else that wants to do this is free to come forward and design away.

I will also see what I can do as far as setting up an FTP link for us to upload pics to for the site.

So please please please bring your ideas to the table.

2. Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Padawan

Sounds great... can't wait to see the website. I do a little web design myself, but barely have time to maintain my own sites, but if you want any minor assistance or consultation I'd be glad to contribute in some small way!

Congratulations TallonKaardeGamer and Raleigh star wars fans!
  3. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well the very rough 1st draft is up at:

www.superchuck.com/ttf (when the url is going this will will be cloaked, but even if people poke around at the other sites I have up they will only find family fare)

-uses a font most will need to download (there is a link to the font on the bottom of the page)

-only the front page is up and it is still very cluttered

-keep checking to see how things go and please make comments
  4. jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Couple of points:

1) The link for the Star Jedi font doesn't work.

2)We at the Trade Federation would also like to reiterate that our blockade of the Fuquay System is perfectly legal!

Love it! [face_laugh]

Looking good so far. :)
  5. ohitsmagic Jedi Knight

How exciting! Great job Chuck!
  6. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Link is fixed thanks, an extra http:// will do that to ya every time :)
  7. Padme_Karen Jedi Knight

star 1
    Chuck .. the page looks great! Good work.
  8. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    The site is looking very nice indeed, Chuck! :)
  9. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks guys I am giving it the old college try. The URL should be up and going sometime tomorrow. Set up the URL cloaking earlier today and once it propogates around to the DNS servers we should be all set.
  10. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks guys I am giving it the old college try. The URL should be up and going sometime tomorrow. Set up the URL cloaking earlier today and once it propogates around to the DNS servers we should be all set.
  11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 5
    Looking good! :D

We at the Trade Federation would also like to reiterate that our blockade of the Fuquay System is perfectly legal! [face_laugh] That's great! :D Am I the only one who actually lives in Fuquay-Varina? ;)

Do you want us to send you (or post it here?) the information that you used for the "Members" section? ?[face_plain]
  12. Padawan311 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looking good Chuck, thanks for the links for the new fonts also, very cool! I hope to have the concept sketches for our logo done and posted very soon so we can pick one for me to finish.
  13. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Personally I like Fuquay, it's just such a fun name to throw around. I was going to make Cary have the blockade but decided they have enough problem with all them thar yankees :p

Actually I have set up a form for it on the site. When you go to the members page at the bottom you should see the link for it. Fill out the form and click send. It will be emailed to me and I will add you to the page. On the "thanks" page there is also a link to my email for sending a picture. Once I get the CGI script going that I want to use it will all be one process and look a little better.

Again any real web guys out there feel free to take over :)

Notes and Questions:

The URL has made it to the DNS servers I am using so it might be on yours also so make sure to try www.triangletradefederation.org

What other info do we want on the members page? I thought up kinda generic stuff, it is a simple task to add it to the form and the page.

What other pages do we want? I am guessing some kind of gallery page, or do we want to do pictures in the events page?

Do we want a message board (I will link to this one in the links section) or java chat?

Anyone do fan fiction, movies or art that you want included on the page?

Anyone who wants a link to their page or wants their line pictures on the page please let me know

I think thats it for now :)
  14. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good deal on the logos. Once we get it it will replace the TF Tank logo on the main page.
  15. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, Chuck, it's looking phenomenal! Please add a line for a member's personal specific Star Wars interest: movies, books, fan art, comics, RPG, CCG. A photo gallery would be cool, too. I'll send you some photos to upload. Man, that Cary system can be very intimidating... they spend way too much time on the course smacking little dimpled orbital devices.... :p lol!
  16. Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Padawan

Chuck, looking for any help getting a front page design going? I could help out there if you would care for assistance, but content would be up to the rest of you... Looking good!
  17. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Redesign away!

Don I got the pictures and your profile, so it should be up soon!

18. Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Padawan

Ok, here's a rough-draft idea for a front page, assembled rather quickly. I tried to retain as much as possible from what you've currently got up on the site, such as the "blockade of Fuquay" quote and different section links. This is only one idea... some things are still missing such as more content, the Triangle Trade Federation logo that one of our own is working on, and also feel free to contribute ideas for additional sections to the site. Check it out and please be critical, let me know what you all think so Chuckreis and I can get something going.

Here's one option
  19. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it looks really good:). I don't know how much space is an issue but for multimedia I have a 10 second mpg of the Shadow Players if you are interested.

And in the members section, do you think it should ask for an AIM screenname? It would be nice to have a way to talk with everyone.

~Natalie
    http://www.jediquest.net
  20. Starburstlvr Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think Fuquay sounds great. Personally, I'd take great personal enjoyment if the Trade Federation blockaded Cary, muah ha ha ha.
  21. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Very interested in the mpg, can go in the gallery section, or maybe we can call it the multimedia section.

I like the new site design but it seems kind of sterile for a geek site :) Any way to kind of merge the two?

I hope to get the gallery/multimedia section and links up this week end, add some meta tags etc... this week end. Added a few more members today. But after a long work week I am goign to drink coffee and play some Satr craft tonight :)
  22. Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Master

star 4
    The site is coming along great!

"Blockade of Fuquay" - [face_laugh] :D

Starcraft? Man, it's been a while since I've played it. That's a good way to burn up a few hours. :)
  23. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    awesome looking site.
  24. Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Padawan

About the first concept design, yeah, it could be seen as kind of sterile... maybe needs to be darker in color, with a Star Wars-type font (ya'll need to learn Aurebesh), more graphics, and of course the TTF logo.
  25. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah I think more star-wars-ish of a color scheme and more "futuristic" font would do the trick.

I like the site I put together but man it is too cluttered and uneven in places. I like the clean look you have going so I think mixing the two would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.