main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Tribute: The Sir Christopher Lee Fanclub! Mourning the Passing of a Legend

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darkslayer, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Need to continue my fic.

2. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Please do

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  3. jahyeshua

jahyeshua Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2015
    Love Christopher Lee. Does anyone know if he was in any Jess Franco films other than Dracula? I tried to look it up but there are just so many Franco flics with so many different titles, alt versions and languages.

4. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014

Since Dooku is the leader of the Separatist and this sounds like a cool theme...

5. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Does anyone else prefer the appellation Darth Tyranus, and wish he was publically known as and referred to as a Sith Lord, rather than Count Dooku?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't, no. Sir Christopher's manner isn't Sith-like as Dooku.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Well you got that in one of yodas visions here.

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    I don't want Dooku to have a Sith name, he isn't as sithy as Palpatine or Maul.
    Plus Dooku isn't a dinosaur. Darth Tyrannus reminds me of dinosaurs. I don't like dinosaurs.

*slaps ROTS, I hate how did died.

I can imagine him surviving TCW, living with sorrow and regret and becoming a grandfatherly like character.
    I have so many fanfic ideas and not enough time to write them, but I can see Dooku helping Obi-wan watch over Luke and being like a grandfather that gives wise advise on occasion. I can see him mellowing out and becoming tired of war and wanting to live in peace. He could have been a good mentor to Luke(who prefers a non-violent confrontation with his father in ROTJ)over Obi-wan and Yoda's "he must be killed."

And Dooku wouldn't give him certain point of view garbage.

Yes, I know my views of Dooku don't match TCW and EU material, but that's not my Dooku.

I think even though he had disagreement with the Jedi he still may have cared about some of them and if he lived long enough perhaps he would have even regretted their deaths and hated how he was deceived by Palpatine who twisted his desire for change into something bad.

I can imagine that he love his old Padawan Qui-gon like a son.
    I know there is nothing really to indicate this as far as I know, but I can see Jocasta Nu and Dooku being close once.

9. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    If you go to Franco's wikipedia page it shows a few collaborations with Sir Christopher. In the filmography part.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesús_Franco

or here for more info... http://www.grindhousedatabase.com/index.php/Jess_Franco

jahyeshua likes this.
  10. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Count me into this club :cool:
    Count Dooku is a great character portrayed by an great actor !
    It was cool that he reprised his role in The Clone Wars movie even when Corey Burton played him in the series.

11. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Is there such a thing as "less Sithly?" He is a cold, callous and racist authoritarian responsible for the deaths of untold millions, firmly entrenched (at least post-Dark Rendezvous) in adherence to the dark side of the Force, and his own vainglorious desires. He might not be the sort to become a serial murderer, as I suspect Maul would if bereft of the Force and sequestered on Earth, but I don't think Sithliness should be conflated with 'evil' or 'insane,' so Tyranus is every bit the Sith Lord ideologically-speaking as any other.

As a palaeontologist who works at the Natural History Museum, how can you not like dinosaurs?! :p But I think you might have just exposed my bias in the Dooku vs Tyranus issue!

In all fairness, I agree that Sidious' pronunciation of Tyranus - ter-RAAHN-us or tie-RAAHN-us - is evocative of Tyrannosaurus, but that's avoided with the pronunciation TIH-rih-nis. Tyrant... Etymology appropriate for Dooku's authoritarian nature.

Iron_lord and Saga Explorer like this.
  12. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    That really is down to interpretation and what one accepts and associates with the character. You may see Dooku as you described but doesn't mean everyone does nor does it mean those that don't are confused.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Darth Dreadwar

Jan 26, 2010
    Nor was I saying such.

Everyone may interpret a character as they wish if they're adhering to on-screen content alone (or otherwise cherrypicking Legends material), but from an objective perspective, the Revenge of the Sith novelisation, for instance, absolutely cements Dooku as the character I described. I'm simply reporting on how the character is described across the Legends continuity; obviously, if you don't accept certain material, then other interpretations become available as well.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well he is old enough to be one.

It's a joke.

Rodrigo Alves and Darth_Dreadwar like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  16. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    He sounds like a thunder, thats sithly terrifying enough to me.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Darkslayer and NostalgiaFan like this.
  18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Mod Note: In light of Sir Christopher Lee's passing, I have edited the title of the thread and made it a tribute to a great actor.

19. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Sir Christopher Lee - I salute thee. Never has a man died so many times in cinema. #RIP

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    A very talented actor throughout his career. RIP.

21. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    I was just going to make a thread about this, then I noticed it was made into a tribute.

Rest in peace, a great actor.

22. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014
    He brightened many a Saturday morning with his movies! I am saddened...

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This man is a master of the art and i hope he is in a better place.

Rest in Piece.

24. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    You have at last joined your Elk in worthy rest, my Tiger King. Thank you for being my Herald and a wonderful teacher. :_|@};-

25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Given his age, I knew this day was coming sooner or later. I heard the news earlier on the radio. Condolences to those who knew him personally RIP Sir Christopher - you had a long and fruitful life..

@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.