main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Tribute: The Sir Christopher Lee Fanclub! Mourning the Passing of a Legend

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darkslayer, Feb 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Each person can accept or believe whatever they want about SW. Me, I shall continue to see Dooku as a Noble Idealist and a Gifted Speaker that Inspires Change because Chris brought him to life. :) I likewise do not think he killed his fellow. :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I almost certainly believe Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas (or at least arranged the shuttle crash that killed him). But that's the beauty of Sir Christopher's (and also Corey Burton of TCW's) performance - either way can be argued.

Django Fett and Iron_lord like this.
  3. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'm glad you think so, Darkslayer. Even though I disagree.

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    So do you think the Pykes were trying to frame Dooku then?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Lets keep this thread on memorializing Christopher Lee and not on Count Dooku

6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    In an effort to express what Christopher represents to me and in an attempt to honour the bond he shared with Peter that has been a guiding influence on my life for almost four years, Cushy is going to create a Tribute Character that embodies Chris' nobility, depth, and culture and this Chris OC's animal companion will be a creature similar to a sabre-fanged Sumatran tiger, which represents this complex man's spirit. :)

Darkslayer and NostalgiaFan like this.
  7. NostalgiaFan

NostalgiaFan Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2015
    Man you know, as much as we knew this day was coming closer and closer the more we saw Lee's health diminish it still makes it hard to know he is gone. I am really going to miss his presence in cinema as well as his as equally great character in real life . Mr lee was a true A-class gentlemen from a bygone era, something we see lacking in today's actors and celebrities. The guy went through so much but he was so humble as to not let it get to his head and instead be respectful to anyone he met, It is a sad thing but at the same time it is good he did not live longer then he wanted as I heard he would rather let himself pass away then have something like a machine keep him alive for more time then needed.
    Rest in peace Count, hope you are finally revisiting your dear friend Cushing, Tolkien, and all the other men who you could not meet before your life time.

Darkslayer and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  8. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    You have found your rest, Chris, but you shall remain in the hearts and memories of the many you have impressed with your grace, wisdom, lessons, art, speech, inspiration and so much more. I am glad that you're reunited with your Peter at long last and through my heartfelt words, you, my Tiger King, shall live within my mind, as shall the beauty of the sacred bond you shared with Cushing. The imprint you've left with me can never be adequately expressed but I shall try anyway. I hope in the future to stand before the pair of you and give account to you, my Herald and my Signpost together, of what an Inspiration you've been for me and my Brothers of Heart. @};-

It begins to sink in that you and the Elk are silenced now, and the hollow void is deep. However, I believe such noble spirits will sing and frolic freely again once harmony reigns. God speed that day.

Darkslayer and NostalgiaFan like this.
  9. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    So sad to hear of his passing :(

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I've gotten his autobiography from the library, to get a look at "him in his own words".

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  11. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Which version? Tall Dark and Gruesome or Lord of Misrule? :) They are very informative.

Darkslayer likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Lord of Misrule.

13. NerfHerder123

NerfHerder123 Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2015

Good book. I believe in that chapter Palpatine decides to take Dooku as his apprentice so he can unveil his plans

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I believe that's the book where he shares his experience in Attack of the Clones.

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. I noticed at the very start of the book (publishing dates) it says "Originally published in 1977 as Tall Dark and Gruesome, republished 1997, republished 2003" - and in the last chapter or so mentions AoTC, and ROTS (not complete at that point).

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Does it say much/anything new?

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Seeing as I've never read Tall Dark & Gruesome, I wouldn't know - but enough happened between 1977 and 2003 in Lee's career, that I suspect there was quite a bit of new stuff.

And it doesn't say much about his rock music career - was that mostly post-2003? I would guess that, if there's a very recent edition of Lord of Misrule out there, there will be an extra chapter or so covering that period, which isn't in the library copy.

I liked Lee's description of Dooku (though he seems to have gotten Qui-Gon and Sifo-Dyas confused):

The Count is the most malignant, dangerous, and lethal force in the entire story, possibly the entire galaxy. As a disenchanted Jedi who quits the Republic to serve the Emperor, I am a good guy gone wrong, though I have already engineered the death of Liam Neeson in an episode I wasn't in. My brief from the Emperor, who has appeared in several episodes with his face half-covered, is to initiate a war on a galactic scale between the two systems. I create clones for battle in huge numbers, "a power so colossal that they will be the greatest army in the history of the galaxy."

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    IL: LoM is the more current and yes it has at least two-three new chaps of content. T, D, and G basically ends at Jinnah in 1998. His rock side was almost all post 2003 afaik, yes.

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Sorry, I meant regarding Star Wars.

Yeah, I've always liked the bit of narcissism in the way he describes the characters he plays. It means he cares about not just the characters but the fiction around them, something most actors probably don't.

Darkslayer and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I think confusion is entirely understandable given he's done so many parts. I likewise don't mind disagreeing with Chris on Dooku either. :)

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I was amazed to see a young Sir Christopher in They Were Not Divided when I first saw the film, he has a very small role as a tank commander in the Welsh Guards tank squadron that lands in Normandy after D-Day and drives through western Europe until the Battle of the Bulge. He should've been in The Longest Day until the producers decided he didn't look military enough, ironic seeing he had a proud war record.

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note for those in the UK - on Saturday July 11 BBC2 will have two Christopher Lee films showing. Dracula is from 12:45 AM (Sunday morning) and is followed from 2:05 AM - 3:25 AM by The Curse of Frankenstein. Peter Cushing is also in the latter film.

23. Annelize Livia

Annelize Livia Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2015
    Christopher Lee. A wonderful actor which was one of the best in some movies. (Sarumann, Scaramanga and Dooku)

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    I'm scared to post in here again, last time i did, Christopher Lee died

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Dooku was written fantastically in that book. If it had been made into a movie before, well, you know ( :( ) I am sure Sir Christopher would have wowed us by adding even more depth to Luceno's words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.