main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Trick or treat in the street

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Robeewankenobe, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Hello everyone,
    I just got a letter from the city of Orange and they will set up a booth for us. These are the items that we are selling there.
    Muilt colored necklaces $2.00
    4" Glow Sticks $2.00
    Picture with costume team member $1.00

I have invited the 501st and RL to join us in this join effort to raise money for the UCI cancer center for kids.
    This is very important fundraiser because the center functions off it's donations only!
    Also, in an effort of build a strong relationship with the city of Orange we have been asked to do another saber fight show.
    We are allow to be at 3:00pm to set up and the event starts at 4:00pm.
    So, all saber fighters who will be in this event should be there at 3:00pm to go over our game plan so no one get hurts.

Those you who were there last year Peter, Jen, Harper, Phil and Lewis did a great job of performing. Again I thank you all.
    I hope this year will be as exciting as the last.
    Obishawn will be there with his car on display as well a truss system to make it look like it is prepping for flight.
    If all goes weel Lord Vader will be there too.
    Thanks
    Rob

2. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I will absolutely be there, be it to take photos, or whatever is needed. Also, there's a Cuban restaurant there called Felix that is incredibly tasty. Must go.

3. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Dude, my wife and I have talked about going there. But we wouldn't know what to order.
    Anyway, costume and non-costume members are needed for this event.
    I am still working Lord Vaders costume and I hope he'll be ready. Phil did say his time is tight now so if James or Val. Or event you Anthony want to wear it that would be cool.
    Please post if you are willing.
    Or Peter for that matter.
    I mean, I am just to short to be Vader. :)

4. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    This is the kind of even I am interested in...

Unfortunatly, I have work at 6 that night.. and it would be kind of hard to get back in time :(

5. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Well you have plenty of time to put in a requestl
    The Date 10-27-05 the time
    3pm to 7pm.
    You will see a sea of kids walking in their costumes. It is a fun time to be a part of such an event.
    Rob

6. Lady-Vader

Lady-Vader Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    I'm going to try to make it. I get out of work at 6pm, but I MAY be able to get out a wee bit earlier.

Also, the other problem I'm facing is that one of Joe's cousins is moving to Chicago, and we're supposed to have a family dinner with him that evening. But if it's a later dinner, I should be able to do the event.

It sounds like so much fun! I'd hate to miss out! :(

7. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    :) It ends at 7:00pm and its in orange. So, if you have dinner at 8:00pm you should be able to make it.

8. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I'll be there and I will try to be there at 3:00p.m. I might have to take a taxi, but I will be there.

9. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    I am putting together a show for this event and need sith and Jedi to be in it. Plus, any trooper members who want to have be in it too.
    Thanks

10. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    I can be there! I usually work Thursdays 11:30-3:30 but I can probably switch the days so I can have thursday off and be there for the whole thing. If I get it off I can be at your place at 12:00 to help commute some stuff and do set up/ break down? and unless someone else wants to I would totally be Lord Vader.. and I promise I won't be swishy this time.

11. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Very cool. I have a lot of work todo still but I am picking up shin guards and gloves this week.
    I need to get the suit and chest box and He'll be done.
    Sssshhhhh! Don't tell Natasha that I paid for everything myself. She'll kill me!:cool:

12. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    My mean teacher won't let me go.

13. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    Just an FYI to adults, every flyer in every window in old town Orange states that "adults cannot wear masks". Please contact the city of Orange for more info on wearing masks and or helmets before you make the trek down in your trooper outfit and end up being luke or han in stormtrooper armor instead of a fully outfitted stormtrooper.

14. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    As long they are with the OC star wars society, they are fine.
    They are expecting us to be there in costume.
    Thanks[face_peace]

15. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Hello everyone!
    I am really excited to be in the City of Orange "Treats in the street". At this moment I have these folks in costume:
    Obi Shawn: Pilot or Jedi
    Peter: Jedi
    Andrew: Tusken Raider
    Jen: Jedi
    My self: Jedi
    Lewis: Custom Mando
    Out of costume team members
    Anthony
    Natasha
    Valerie
    Our booth is for UCI cancer center for kids.
    On 10/27/05 Thursday
    It is at the old town city of Orange on Chapman and Glassell. It starts at 4:00pm and goes to 7:00pm.
    Arrival time is 3:00pm. So if any Jedi, troopers, Royal guards, Mandos. or Vader can make please let me know.
    Expect a ton of kids and families there who would love to meet all of you and have a safe Halloween night.
    Call me or post if you can help me out and make it.
    Thanks
    (714)404-6092
    Robeewankenobe

16. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Dini! do you think you could come in you Trooper armor?
    Thanks
    Rob

17. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    DO the non-costumed members just come in a Star Wars shirt?

How's vader coming?

18. dini

dini Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2005
    Yes I can come in trooper armor.

19. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Well, swishy Vader is coming along hard. I spent a lot of time in detail. I would like to have Vader done by Sat but it might take me pulling an all dayers and nighters.
    Which, I might do.
    I'll keep you all posted and Dini if you like you can switch into you Jedi costume for the saber fight. Thanks Dini! You are the best!
    And reg. members, a star wars T-shirt is cool!
    Thanks all and is there any other volunteers?
    The more the better!

20. dini

dini Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2005
    I'll bring my jedi stuff but since it's only 3 hours I'll probably plan on staying in trooper garb unless we need saber fighters.

21. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Yes, we need saber fighters. Val can you make Wed saber class at the park?

22. Lady-Vader

Lady-Vader Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    The Thursday dinner with family may or may not happen as there is some uncertainity about whether there will be time due to arrivals etc etc.

So, JUST to be on the safe side, and if you want, you can add me to the list as a Sith. :)

Val, please email me at your earliest convenience. I may need your help with the PR stuff due to time contraints on my end. :)

23. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    So how far done is the costume now???

Where do I need to meet and what time? Will i be changing there or at your house? If the costume isn't done, what can I do??? Would it even be beneficial if I am there??

I can't do saber stuff, my dr. said I am getting arthritis in my arm and I am not supposed to do anything for 3 weeks just to see what the heck it is, i am sorry otherwise i would totally do it.

Ann-Marie, e-mail me with what's going on?

24. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    You need to have black engineer boots. or something similar.
    The Vader costume is done!
    Call me tomorrow and we'll come up with a time and place to see how is looks.
    Oh, you need under armor. It is like a tight black body suit. like the troopers wear. You can pick up some cheap ones at wal mart. long sleeve and full leg length.
    Oh can you make Weds class?
    Thanks Rob

25. TheCrowbar

Apr 15, 2005
    Ok ,I will call today and see what time your home, I can stop by your place tomorrow after work if you are off work, if not then we can work something out.

I can't make it to the class on wednesday

AND I NEED BOOTS! I only have black boots with a heel, totally not vaderish.. I wear a 9 in mens and 11/12 in women's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.