main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Trick or Treat! The All Hallow's Eve Discussion Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valency Jane, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

And its that time of year again! [face_devil] As someone who revels in the season & thinks about it year round, I was dismayed to find there seemed to be no (at least recent) threads in the JCC dedicated exclusively to Halloween itself (and I searched through a good 50+ pages of threads too).

So here it is, a place to discuss everything and everything related to Halloween, the holiday borne out of the ancient festivities of Samhain. [face_pumpkin] ]-} [face_skull] [face_devil] [face_clown]

Discuss away about y'all's favorite Halloween movies, TV show Halloween-themed episodes, reasons why you love the season, house decorating ideas, best/worst costumes, recipes, how to share your love for Halloween without coming across as nutty, etc! :) And post spooky, creepy, funny, etc. gifs related to the holiday of course. [face_skull]

Because as we all know:

[​IMG]

2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Classic Treehouse of Horror.

3. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    Nice Chancellor_Ewok; I hadn't seen that one before (or any of the Simpsons really; didn't watch it growing up). :p
    I really should go back and watch some of the Treehouse of Horror episodes.

Although now I don't think I'll be able to read The Raven without thinking of the Simpsons version lol. [face_clown]

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  4. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    Cool. I'm going to be Ahsoka. Here's my headpiece. [​IMG]
    It's not finished yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  6. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    That looks amazing Carlandrea! ^:)^ Looks like it took awhile to make too, so creative!

Nice that you're being a SW character; I'm thinking of just being Rey, since its relatively easy & doesn't require much. :p

I'm also thinking of carving pumpkins using SW patterns this year. Like this:

[​IMG]

It's either going to be that or the horror trio of Michael, Freddy, and Jason. :p

7. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I have two traditions for Halloween: "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein" and something related to "War of the Worlds". Last year, it was the TV movie "The Night that Panicked America", about the Mercury Theater broadcast.

Dagobahsystem and Valency Jane like this.
  8. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    That would be so cool!! The pumpkins look amazing! Can you do that?

9. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    Not sure Carlandrea; I'll have to look up SW patterns, but I'm sure I can, doesn't look that complicated compared to ones I've done before. :)
    Maul looks awesome, really want to do that one; I'm going to see if I can find other SW ones besides Boba or a better one of Vader.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  10. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah, you should check out The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes. They're not all necessarily scary per se, but there is some really hilariously warped humor.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    They marathon the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes every year on cable.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It'll soon be time to watch:

-A Nightmare Before Christmas
    -Halloweentown
    -Hocus Pocus

and, most special of all:

-my 1990's VCR recording of "A Disney Halloween"

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Halloween is definitely a season now, with almost as many lights and decorations now as Christmas and I love it almost as much as my daughter. I find it fun dressing in costume for parties and to hand out candy to the kids and the movies they show during this time are right up my alley!

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I usually just put out a couple of pumpkins and a fall wreath, but one of my neighbors has really gone all out, spider webs and haunted house tape on the windows and gravestones in the yard.

15. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I don't usually do a lot for Halloween, but I always watch the Charlie Brown special, and I have a tradition of watching Alien and Aliens. While eating lots of candy, of course. :p

16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Sadly, my cosplaying has been curbed for some time now but I'll probably watch a mix of Asian and European horror. Definitely planning a trio of vampire movies in my spooky viewing this year (it'll be nice to see Mr. Vampire again. It's been waaaaaaay too long).

17. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
  18. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    Halloween gif dump. [face_pumpkin] Starting with sweet and ending with spooky ones. :p

Looking up halloween gifs: so much fun to do as a break from never-ending papers and presentations. [face_clown]Too much fun, really. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all I've got for now. :p Saving my favs for the big day.

Any of y'all baked pumpkin seeds before? I've never done it but would kind of like to this year, just to see how they come out. :)

19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    My favorite version is read by Count Dooku:

Besides that, the house is all decked out!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this year I'm going as the Springwood Slasher!
    [​IMG]

20. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I would like to suggest that we have a watch through of a film.

MOD/TOS guidance would have to be seeked first though.

21. Valency Jane

Jan 17, 2016
    The house looks great CT1138! :D So festive! Love the addition of the caution tape lol. [face_pumpkin]

And that's awesome you're going as Freddy. One of my favs. :D Obviously w/my avi of Nancy. :p

Darthmaul208 I can look into it or you can; I'd be game for a horror movie viewing, as long as there's a bit of time given in advance. :)

22. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I bought a dog for one reason and one reason only, so I can abuse it on Halloween thusly:

[​IMG]

23. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I'd love to watch a horror flick with everyone here.
    I vote for A Nightmare On Elm Street!

24. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Since I didn't have time to celebrate in October as much as I would have liked, I recently rewatched The Exorcist and Halloween. Classics!

Then saw Carpenter's version of Village of the Damned, in which Mark Hamill plays a priest! It was an alright film, I like the original better.

Prior to those, I watched It Follows based on Valency Jane 's recommendation. It is a great film for many reasons. I highly recommend it.

Anybody seen any good thriller chiller horror films lately?

Valency Jane likes this.
  25. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Coming to theaters this Halloween!

Just when you thought it was safe to get into Star Wars...
    [​IMG]